Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

axelblaze posted:

I was just randomly thinking: what's everyone's favorite game that they don't think they'll ever actually beat? For me it's probably Thumper. I pretty much adore everything about that game but it is so god damned hard and so amazingly intense that I can't see myself ever actually finishing it.

RDR2 at this point. I love everything about it but I just don’t have the energy or time to play it properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

There's still a scene with Dutch in his longjohns that I saw in a Dunkey video but didn't see in the game

that's because it's from RDR1

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Oxxidation posted:

that's because it's from RDR1

Ah, well. Thank you. I was kind of dreading that there was some post-game interaction I'd have to hunt down. There's a swath of the south west I never bothered to explore so as far as I know anything could be down there. I appreciate you clearing that up for me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i really want to know 1) who the person is that was responsible for the decision to give sonic the hedgehog human musculature, and 2) what their reaction to the massive internet backlash over it is

As long as his (sonic's) arms aren't blue I won't have to get violent.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvavclgsp9k

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

axelblaze posted:

I was just randomly thinking: what's everyone's favorite game that they don't think they'll ever actually beat? For me it's probably Thumper. I pretty much adore everything about that game but it is so god damned hard and so amazingly intense that I can't see myself ever actually finishing it.

This isn't exactly what you're asking but: I am no good at Splatoon and don't really enjoy playing it. However I think Splatoon is one of the most fun stylish IPs Nintendo has come up with in a long time. I'm glad it exists because I just adore the style that game has, the music is cool, Pearl and Marina are cool, what a cool game Nintendo has made that I don't play. I hope Splatoon continues to have success

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Macaluso posted:

This isn't exactly what you're asking but: I am no good at Splatoon and don't really enjoy playing it. However I think Splatoon is one of the most fun stylish IPs Nintendo has come up with in a long time. I'm glad it exists because I just adore the style that game has, the music is cool, Pearl and Marina are cool, what a cool game Nintendo has made that I don't play. I hope Splatoon continues to have success

I'll play enough for the both of us

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They just released some important lore today too

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's because people wanna gently caress the squids, right?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're children for god's sake.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

In Training posted:

They're children for god's sake.

Or are they squids

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hasn't stopped the internet in the past.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

we should cut out the middleman and have the skeletons from undertale gently caress the squids

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

VideoGames what did the custom title monster of the UKMT do to you? :ohdear:

poor kirby

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cowcaster posted:

we should cut out the middleman and have the skeletons from undertale gently caress the squids

The Ready Player One of erotic fanfiction

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
gives new meaning to "Smash" bros hehe

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gamemaster Anthony's birthday but with "...in bed" affixed to the end.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

McDragon posted:

VideoGames what did the custom title monster of the UKMT do to you? :ohdear:

poor kirby

It is making me laugh each time I see it :D

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VideoGames posted:

It is making me laugh each time I see it :D

Just edit the face to make it pink

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think you meant to say just put little red shoes under his chin

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Mae, and Angus figures from Night in the Woods are finally being sent out for delivery. :kiddo: I can't wait to get those.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Context: Nintendo of Russia has some problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qParAqIf5mM

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

This isn't exactly what you're asking but: I am no good at Splatoon and don't really enjoy playing it. However I think Splatoon is one of the most fun stylish IPs Nintendo has come up with in a long time. I'm glad it exists because I just adore the style that game has, the music is cool, Callie and Marie are cool, what a cool game Nintendo has made that I don't play. I hope Splatoon continues to have success

I honestly 100% agree (except for the bit I changed). I really like the idea of the game but when I play it, something just doesn't fully connect and I lose interest.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I only know Splatoon from the screenshots of those “ketchup vs mayo” battles that get posted in these threads, is the actual game more than just a shooter

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

I only know Splatoon from the screenshots of those “ketchup vs mayo” battles that get posted in these threads, is the actual game more than just a shooter

I mean, yes, it's a shooter but it has unique mechanics and a cool style and world.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

It's a 4v4 competitive shooter yeah, which takes the somewhat nebulous/invisible concept of map control and actualizes it as the foundational mechanic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a really inventive shooter with great mechanics that I cant maintain any interest in for more than 2 hours.

Also it has motion controls and those dont work for me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Splatoon 2 is a good game. The mechanics are a lot of fun and unique. There are also a lot of great cosmetic options that have no real money cash shop attached to it (and no lootboxes) and yet the game still gets constant free updates with new maps and cosmetic items added.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The character designs are hard to look at imo

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I love the character designs imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

:goofy:

mutata posted:

I love the character designs imo

:woomy:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Splatoon's ok but if it weren't for its style no one would care, so good thing it has it and a lot of it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Like funkopops but busier

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

:oh:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean, I don't really love the game but I bought the artbook. The designs are dope.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Splatoon's ok but if it weren't for its style no one would care, so good thing it has it and a lot of it

I like it bc it's a fast shooter and matches are 2 minutes instead of 15+ like in every other game. It's a better Quake game than Quake champions

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been into Black Ops 4 lately for the battle royale thing but Splatoon 2 is better in every way

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jay Rust posted:

The single player in the splatoon franchise is Mario Galaxy 3, no joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

The single player in the splatoon franchise is Mario Galaxy 3, no joke