Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
You know those cryptic tweets Marvel put out about Destroying the FF's history and question brought Parker back after Spider-Man no more and stuff?

It's just a mini-series with Cosmic Ghost Rider written by...Paul Scheer? Sure, why not.

https://www.cbr.com/cosmic-ghost-rider-marvel-history/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cosmic Ghost Rider time traveling and loving things up in hilarious ways is extremely my jam.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
And y'all were worried about Gabby being oversaturated

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Cosmic Ghost Rider time traveling and loving things up in hilarious ways is extremely my jam.

Maybe It'll be like the Rocksteady and Beebop Destroy Everything mini series, where they keep time traveling, loving things up, go back to kill their previous selves (because that's all they can come up with) to stop the time paradoxes, but gently caress that up, and it all ends with piles upon piles of dead Rocksteady and Beebops.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

And y'all were worried about Gabby being oversaturated

no that was just me, everyone else was saying "Gabby should be in everything"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

enigmahfc posted:

It's just a mini-series with Cosmic Ghost Rider written by...Paul Scheer?

Leading me to wonder, How Did This Get Made?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Alaois posted:

no that was just me, everyone else was saying "Gabby should be in everything"
Yes, she should

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Yes, she should

I adore this character.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10161256685300581&id=850190580&set=a.10150354666335581&source=48

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
wasp 4 is delayed by a month. this is almost as depressing as remembering tom has had gabby taken away from him for good

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1072944003342090241?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

wasp 4 is delayed by a month. this is almost as depressing as remembering tom has had gabby taken away from him for good

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1072944003342090241?s=19

With X-Men Red being canned, what's he writing currently?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is awesome! Might be my most anticipated book now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

i think hes gonna do something at dc? tbh i cant remember

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Skwirl posted:

He's got a Spider-Man book coming out next month.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

howe_sam posted:

He's got a Spider-Man book coming out next month.

Oh man, I forgot about this. I'm pumped for that.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Okay, that could be pretty loving great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
X-Men Red was probably the best X-Book I've seen in many years.
Gabby just telefragged Nova!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
While those Marvel teasers did not serve as the harbinger of some dumb Dan Slott crossover, they have resulted in something, far, far worse:

Mark "Give a Friendly Platform to Vox Day" Seifert's brutally dumb Marvel Declassified series is coming back.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Chip's got some Spider-Man through the decades prestige miniseries coming with Mark Bagley.
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1072930032736182273
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2018/12/12/marvel-asks-fans-to-swing-through-time-with-spider-man-life-story/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes, that's what I quoted above and said I was looking forward to. Looks great.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zdarsky, Spider-Man, Bagley? Feel like throughout Spider-Man media we're living in blessed times.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

Zdarsky, Spider-Man, Bagley? Feel like throughout Spider-Man media we're living in blessed times.

Nick Spencer is still writing Amazing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

Yes, I figured Amazing would get brought up but that's the only real bring down, right? I don't even know, haven't read it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's good so far. But I liked his Captain America for an arc or two as well. This type book is more suited to what he does well though. The issue where Boomerang takes Peter to The Bar With No Name and he cleans up on Spider-Man trivia night is a great issue.

Also Ottley was born to draw Spider-Man.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I may be grading on a curve on ASM. Slott left very small shoes to fill, and Spencer seems to mostly be doing repair work afterward, with a few legitimately clever plots and beats. He also seems to be playing things relatively carefully compared to his Sam Wilson run.

The issue where Peter ends up out of costume at the Bar With No Name and cleans up at Spider-Man Trivia Night, as X-O says, is actually a genuinely entertaining story, although it's brought down slightly by Humberto Ramos on art.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Amazing is fine, there are no Nazis or any social commentary and Spencer’s lost boner isn’t getting in the way of the main plot yet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

While those Marvel teasers did not serve as the harbinger of some dumb Dan Slott crossover, they have resulted in something, far, far worse:

Mark "Give a Friendly Platform to Vox Day" Seifert's brutally dumb Marvel Declassified series is coming back.

Is that the series where he finds some obscure bit of pop culture and says clearly Jack and Stan were copying it when they made the Thing a rock man or whatever?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anyone read the FF wedding issue?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Skwirl posted:

Amazing Spider-Man is good.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Endless Mike posted:

Is that the series where he finds some obscure bit of pop culture and says clearly Jack and Stan were copying it when they made the Thing a rock man or whatever?
That's the one! It's a shitload of

"Robert Oppenheimer wore glasses. Peter Parker wore glasses. Robert and Peter are pretty close together alphabetically, and so is Oliver Hardy so, you know...."

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I had forgotten until the new #1, but I'm really glad Miles' parents know about his powers. The whole "secret-identity angst" trope can be really over-played, but it did get me thinking, how many characters actually have secret identities anymore? Because I'm having a hard time thinking of any beyond a few street-level heroes, like Spider-Man(Men), Moon Knight, and Daredevil.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

That's the one! It's a shitload of

"Robert Oppenheimer wore glasses. Peter Parker wore glasses. Robert and Peter are pretty close together alphabetically, and so is Oliver Hardy so, you know...."

My God. He's cracked the code.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

El Tortuga posted:

I had forgotten until the new #1, but I'm really glad Miles' parents know about his powers. The whole "secret-identity angst" trope can be really over-played, but it did get me thinking, how many characters actually have secret identities anymore? Because I'm having a hard time thinking of any beyond a few street-level heroes, like Spider-Man(Men), Moon Knight, and Daredevil.

I'm not sure how secret Moon Knight's identity is, but for others, Jane Thor, Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, Squirrel Girl, Ms Marvel, Nova, I think Mockingbird.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's a Conan:Bêlit cover where she isn't just wearing jewellery and pasties.
https://twitter.com/AfuChan1/status/1073231904021786624

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's super cute :3:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Who's doing the interior art?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

Who's doing the interior art?

Kate Niemczyk.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Kate Niemczyk.

Oh cool, I had to google the name, but she did Mockingbird, which was great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Variant covers are not really my thing at all since I don't buy physical floppies ever but man these interlocking ones by Phil Noto are gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd hang that on my wall.