Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i lifted weights for the first time in like two weeks and managed to do chest without my shoulder being too much of an issue but i didn't bench over 205

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

i lifted weights for the first time in like two weeks and managed to do chest without my shoulder being too much of an issue but i didn't bench over 205

sounds like you're being sensible about returning to lifting after big league loving up you are shoulder, just keep progression slow for awhile with those muscle groups and you should be fine

listen to ur body, you know what good pain and bad pain feels like - be honest with yourself in that moment and don't be a fuckin dumbass and you'll recover fine

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

does the thread have an opinion on branched chain amino acids (BCAAs)?

a lifter friend suggested them to me but it's hard to separate fact from bullshit and everyone wants to sell you something

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Agronox posted:

a lifter friend suggested them to me but it's hard to separate fact from bullshit and everyone wants to sell you something

If you're gonna lift fasted in the morning or something I've heard they can be useful but if you normally workout having ate a meal beforehand it's probably not necessary.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agronox posted:

Harmless but a bit overrated imho

Some people swear by them during a workout to keep their energy levels up

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

thanks lads, guess i'll try them at least. i've spent :10bux: :10bux: on stupider poo poo

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Fuckin destoryed my previous mile time of 9:04

8:16 today

I can get sub-8 by next week easily I think.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

sounds like you're being sensible about returning to lifting after big league loving up you are shoulder, just keep progression slow for awhile with those muscle groups and you should be fine

listen to ur body, you know what good pain and bad pain feels like - be honest with yourself in that moment and don't be a fuckin dumbass and you'll recover fine

i will never not be a fucken dumbass and im going to deadlift today

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

TheDon01 posted:

Fuckin destoryed my previous mile time of 9:04

8:16 today

I can get sub-8 by next week easily I think.

Congrats! You're already faster than a tricked-out Rascal so we know you can evade a CHUD army.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Semester ended, now I can get back to working out 🤘🤘🤘

Oh yeah also cbd owns bones

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Pancakes posted:

Congrats! You're already faster than a tricked-out Rascal so we know you can evade a CHUD army.

how far can a rascal go?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

jarofpiss posted:

how far can a rascal go?

The destination doesn't matter it's the slower people the rascal runs over on the way

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I just looked up the local police physical fitness requirements and its like a 15:30 mile.

:wtf: are they walking it?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

TheDon01 posted:

I just looked up the local police physical fitness requirements and its like a 15:30 mile.

Slow jog + planting poo poo on undesirables along the way.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

I can’t recommend the floor press enough when it comes to shoulder injuries

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Markorjoshua posted:

I can’t recommend the floor press enough when it comes to shoulder injuries

im gonna play around with these a little. i am still so god drat sore from tues it's ridiculous.

plan right now is to train light and consistent and keep my diet somewhere in the realm of acceptable until i get to january then tighten everything up and lean bulk until probably mid march then do a hard cut for 12 weeks or so

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i love the gym

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

floor press is something I'd recommend for everybody, it's always fun to find out how much other muscle help out via the method of doing a lift that cuts them out

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I spotted an 847 lb squat in a 5-person team at a meet yesterday, I generally like spotting at meets but holy poo poo that is no fun at all

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~

TheDon01 posted:

that is a conversational walking pace. that is setting the treadmill to 3.9

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

jarofpiss posted:

how far can a rascal go?

25 miles on an extended battery under ideal conditions (80 pound grandma in low gear) so probably like 7 max for most users

Or to the nearest flight of stairs

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Well I can outrun most cops n chuds now, anyone know how fast those Boston Dynamic robots run these days?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i went back to jiu jitsu today and my conditioning is completely gone

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

today is leg day and i'm gonna do squats for the first time in two months and then im going to eat a whole chicken

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

jarofpiss posted:

today is leg day and i'm gonna do squats for the first time in two months and then im going to eat a whole chicken

i cant walk anymore

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

but how was the chicken

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

i cant walk anymore

walking is overrated

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Epic High Five posted:

walking is overrated

Why walk, when you can run?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Why walk, when you can run?

cardio kills

you should only be moving if you're going to and from the gym, and while doing powerlifting movements

you are born with a certain amount of energy to expend, this is scientific fact, and it's vital to use as much as possible to build muscle so that you can't wipe your rear end anymore, which you aren't doing anyway because that's also wasted movement

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Agronox posted:

but how was the chicken

it was from a really good peruvian place and it was good after 9 sets of squats, leg extensions (feet close together), straight leg deadlifts, then hack squats (i can't walk anymore)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

cardio kills

you should only be moving if you're going to and from the gym, and while doing powerlifting movements

you are born with a certain amount of energy to expend, this is scientific fact, and it's vital to use as much as possible to build muscle so that you can't wipe your rear end anymore, which you aren't doing anyway because that's also wasted movement

ain't nothin but a peanut

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

think im gonna get 2 chicken shawarma plates in an hour

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I did 100 pullups yesterday, back is p sore

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

What are some good healthy sides I should make with my lunches at work so I'm not just eating a box of rotisserie chicken alone.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

net work error posted:

What are some good healthy sides I should make with my lunches at work so I'm not just eating a box of rotisserie chicken alone.

A block of mozzarrella cheese and a bunch of Curry lentils

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

net work error posted:

1 cup of white rice and some sort of vegetable

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Epic High Five posted:

Curry lentils

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I started making lentils because they're good poor person food and have a lot of protein and fiber but now lentil curry is like my favorite food.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
you really cant eat enough beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Muscle Wizard posted:

you really cant eat enough beans

My wife emphatically disagrees with this.