Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I wonder if that book not coming together is why Mystique and M showed up for the final arc of Weapon X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That looks like it would have been the Emma X-Force type team everyone expected.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Bring back Cool Scott and get him back together with Emma so they can run the Hellfire club together.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those look very much like the X force designs from the cover we were shown at the retailer summit in 2017.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
X-Men Red was too good for this world. Welp pack it up, time to rope it into whatever the cock is happening in Uncanny instead.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pour one out for Weapon X this week too

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

At least Domino is getting a team book with her current creative team.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

At least Domino is getting a team book with her current creative team.

Is this referring to X-Force or did they announce another team book she's gonna be in?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

Is this referring to X-Force or did they announce another team book she's gonna be in?

No, Domino: Hotshots which starts in March.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

No, Domino: Hotshots which starts in March.

:aaa: how did i not see this

e: only a 5-issue mini but poo poo i'll take it

Alaois fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 13, 2018

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

e: only a 5-issue mini but poo poo i'll take it

Yeah, that's the unfortunate part but Simone and Baldeon are killing it so...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, that's the unfortunate part but Simone and Baldeon are killing it so...

its better knowing about this than being worried about Domino not being in February's solicits like i've been for the past month

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is Mr and Mrs X sticking around?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd have had no problems with killing Cassandra, but this is probably a better punishment.

So when Kitty and Ben has a Hanukkah, does Magneto get invited?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

I'd have had no problems with killing Cassandra, but this is probably a better punishment.

So when Kitty and Ben has a Hanukkah, does Magneto get invited?

There was a special a couple of years ago about them going to a Chinese buffet and he was not there but moon knight and songbird were!

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
My dream Marvel pitch basically revolves around old man Magneto trying to go back to his roots and ending up going to synagogue.

He's never really been portrayed as religious, or even culturally Jewish, has he? The most we get are allusions to the Holocaust, and I guess his going to the survivors' gathering in X-Men 200 implies that he still feels some connection with his heritage. But he's not putting up a menorah or celebrating Purim or anything.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bobkatt013 posted:

There was a special a couple of years ago about them going to a Chinese buffet and he was not there but moon knight and songbird were!

Huh. Oh, yeah! Her real name is Mimi Schwartz. Neat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

Yea I remember that. That's actually what made me think of it. I bet Magneto makes amazing latkas.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Are there enough Jewish mutants to form an X-team? Magneto, Kitty... according to the wikia, Legion is. And Magneto's kids. Maybe. Depending on whatever version of their history is "real" today. That seems like it's it, not counting alternate-universe versions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They’re not his kids anymore so they wouldn’t even be ethnically Jewish.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Aphrodite posted:

According to strictly Orthodox rules, whether or not you're Jewish is passed down matrilineally, and Magda was apparently a Romani, not a Jew. So unless Polaris (and also sometimes Pietro and Wanda) are actively practicing, they're not necessarily Jewish.

The real question is: is Joseph Jewish? Please cite the Talmud in your answer.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Aphrodite posted:

Jewishness only passes down through the mother, anyway. I have no idea who Lorna and Wanda/Pietro's mothers are to begin with. I just saw 'em listed under category:Jewish on the wikia I found when looking this all up. So odds are none of 'em are Jewish and never were, unless someone here with a memory can remember a panel of Polaris lighting the Menorah or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They’re not Magda’s kids anymore either.

But I don’t think their real mother was Jewish.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Legion's mom was Israeli, so he definitely counts.

Edit: here's a pretty thorough listing
http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/comic_book_religion.html

There's a character from the 90's X-Force named Bedlam whose Jewish, and Bobby Drake is ethnically Jewish, but his family is practicing Catholics. It has Lorna list as Jewish Catholic also, but I don't know what the context is for that.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 13, 2018

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Skwirl posted:

Legion's mom was Israeli, so he definitely counts.

Edit: here's a pretty thorough listing
http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/comic_book_religion.html

There's a character from the 90's X-Force named Bedlam whose Jewish, and Bobby Drake is ethnically Jewish, but his family is practicing Catholics. It has Lorna list as Jewish Catholic also, but I don't know what the context is for that.

Lorna being Magnetos Daughter probably.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

good day for a bris posted:

Lorna being Magnetos Daughter probably.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure when it'd been last updated and if Lorna was still is daughter.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I don't recall if she ever actually joined the X-Men but Sabra is a mutant and has certainly worked alongside them often enough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think Wanda is probably more embracing of her Romani heritage than Pietro, though Red Skull literally says "A Mutant, a Jew and A G-word..." but that's some nazi's opinion, that didn't come up at all in her solo series.

Pietro is such an edgelord he doesn't believe in nothin, man. Lorna I think they're keeping his daughter.

I loved the X-mansion White Elephant. I want that signed Dazzler poster.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

why is the mansion in central park now

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They put it there to make a statement.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'we hate public spaces'?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
It's a slightly nicer spot than it's previous location in Limbo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

why is the mansion in central park now

Well it isn't now that it got blown up

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

UXM's post-weekly roster from the new solicits: https://www.newsarama.com/43180-marvel-march-2019-solicitations.html

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 18, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is that uh zombie Banshee

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rosenberg just tweeted the names.
https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/1075112905232781317

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, somebody does remember Hope!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That team doesn't do much to bring me in.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Hopefully with both Cyclops and Hope in the same team we have more Awkward Grandpa moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That is a lineup of X-Men I would like to read. Most of them are good out of the box picks. Makes me think there's absolutely several other titles coming too.