Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

What'd I miss

Uncle Wemus posted:

Gone. What was it

looks like it was a typo that made for a funny quote
https://twitter.com/vmsalama/status/1073317396834906113

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Jethro posted:

That appears to be modern British usage (at least according to Wikipedia), but historically cottage pie and shepherd's pie were synonyms regardless of the meat, and I'm not even sure the term cottage pie gets much usage in the US, though maybe it's regional and/or I'm having a brain fart.

I’ve certain never used the term cottage pie, though I basically consider shepherds pie to be a weird British ethnic food like jellied eels so I’m hardly an expert.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"In FY18, Congress provided $1.375B for border wall construction which equates to approximately 84 miles of border wall in multiple locations across the Southwest border"

84 miles of wall costs 1.37 BILLION DOLLARS

Glad your walls stood up to a bunch of starving migrants, I am sure the cartels really give a poo poo.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, I guess just putting those ideas in people's heads is the point. Doesn't seem like the most sustainable business model, though

I think we’re finding out more and more that sustainability is a far lower priority than “propagandizes for us” for the rich people that publications serve.

There’s a whole swath of right wing publications like The Federalist and Weekly Standard (RIPiss) that are absolutely kept afloat by wingnut welfare. I suspect Washington Times is too.

Edit;
And right wing publishers like Regenry have been known to game bestseller lists and have their books frequently used as giveaways at a level that indicates that the sales numbers are not at actual bestseller levels once you drop from the Limbaugh/Hannity strata.

selec fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 13, 2018

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1073337499089539073

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

AHAHAHAHAHA no one else wants it!

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

There it is :discourse:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So I guess Newt said no lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Maybe I SHOULD apply.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

gently caress yes

Ironically Jared's probably too smart to accept

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

This should make it easier to make sure that he goes down with the rest of the monsters in the administration.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I would love to hear the chud's justification for this...

Rotten Red Rod posted:

gently caress yes

Ironically Jared's probably too smart to accept

He's not smart. He's a trust fund shithead who's been handed everything he's ever had.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1073337143081218056
https://twitter.com/neilkli/status/1073338302227456001

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
That will anger his Nazi base.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mcmagic posted:

I would love to hear the chud's justification for this...

"he only hires the best people, known him for years, Kushner is smart, Hillary's emails."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hmmmm :thunk:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well all that investment translated into the biggest crowds ever

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Omg lol they’re so stupid.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Well all that investment translated into the biggest crowds ever

And the most lavish, star-studded inauguration of all time, with such heavy hitters as a runner-up from American Idol

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jealous Cow posted:

Omg lol they’re so stupid.

He seriously loving used inauguration funds to pay off a settlement. I didn't think even Trump was that dumb.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I wonder if at the time Fox News flipped out over Obama’s 2009 inauguration costing a few million more than Bush’s. I bet they did.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wonder if at the time Fox News flipped out over Obama’s 2009 inauguration costing a few million more than Bush’s. I bet they did.

Fox news flipped out over Obama's 2009 anything. And his 2009-16 anything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Crow Jane posted:

And the most lavish, star-studded inauguration of all time, with such heavy hitters as a runner-up from American Idol

And the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, minus the one member who quit in protest when they took the gig.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Your Taint posted:

He seriously loving used inauguration funds to pay off a settlement. I didn't think even Trump was that dumb.

This is bonkers.

:psyduck:

I just don't know anymore.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Your Taint posted:

Fox news flipped out over Obama's 2009 anything. And his 2009-16 anything.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

From wikipedia.

quote:

In 2005, he was convicted of illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering, and served time in federal prison. After his release, he resumed his career in real estate. His son, Jared Kushner, is the husband of Ivanka Trump and son-in-law and senior advisor to President Donald Trump.

Just a reminder that he's scum just like his father in law. He was also disbarred.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/AntiFashGordon/status/1073334166366941184

EDIT: :lol:

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1073338363317534720

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 13, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Does Kush even currently have a security clearance?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Ice Phisherman posted:

From wikipedia.

Just a reminder that he's scum just like his father in law. He was also disbarred.

He's also being investigated for various acts of slumlordery by the state of Maryland

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

And 3 Doors Down. Remember 3 Doors Down? Remember when they wrote a song about Superman?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

mcmagic posted:

He's not smart. He's a trust fund shithead who's been handed everything he's ever had.

I mean I think he's smart enough to know he's too dumb for this role, hence ironic

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

ZypherIM posted:

You know, if you consider Trump in like 2002, Cohen is a perfectly fine lawyer. While not smart (cuz you know, breaking the law and super shady) he was fine for real estate grifter Donald Trump. Then Trump goes to run for election, and poo poo gets way bigger and under fire from people who are way better investigators and immune to bully tactics and suddenly Cohen really isn't good enough anymore. Like he isn't nearly good enough to be going up against this level of investigation, but back when he got on board this situation wasn't even a pipe dream.

They were so used to 'winning' at their old game they thought they could play a new one the same way. But politics is not real estate and DC is not Manhattan. The bribes, blackmail, NDAs, lawsuits, bullying and other tactics don't work so well anymore.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Wait maybe I’m dumb but what are they suggesting might have happened here?Are they saying Hargrove wasn’t really involved and the invoice to them is just fake, or that Hargrove facilitated transferring cash from the inaugural fund to pay the settlement?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

We're going to need some kind of chart to keep track of all the different Trump corruption investigations.
They're congealing into a single large interconnected corruption investigation, like bits of liquid metal from a shattered T-1000.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Squalid posted:

Wait maybe I’m dumb but what are they suggesting might have happened here?Are they saying Hargrove wasn’t really involved and the invoice to them is just fake, or that Hargrove facilitated transferring cash from the inaugural fund to pay the settlement?

I took it as they used inauguration funds to pay off the Trump U settlement.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Your Taint posted:

I took it as they used inauguration funds to pay off the Trump U settlement.

So on a scale of 10 to 11 how hella illegal is that?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Your Taint posted:

They couldn't even bother to fudge the numbers so they weren't exact. gently caress me, these people are running the country.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Extremely.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I am not a lawyer, etc etc, but my guess would be about 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

This really seems like a bunch of baseless speculation.