Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

the real question is will brexit finally stop sharia law in england

Remember how happy the Brexit crew was when you got the blue passport back? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh then corbyn should just campaign on "the brexit we were sold on is a lie, i'll cancel it"

corbyn is a lifelong euroskeptic who is absolutely dying for an excuse to leave the neoliberal project and stop the dirty foreigns from taking Our Precious Coal Jobs

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fallen Hamprince posted:

corbyn is a lifelong euroskeptic who is absolutely dying for an excuse to leave the neoliberal project and stop the dirty foreigns from taking Our Precious Coal Jobs

loving hell has it been however long since the donation drive already

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
This is like having your neck on the block, trying to prepare yourself for the sweet release of death, only to have the executioner go back and forth arguing repeatedly about how he gets to gently caress your corpse.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Captain Splendid posted:

This is like having your neck on the block, trying to prepare yourself for the sweet release of death, only to have the executioner go back and forth arguing repeatedly about how he gets to gently caress your corpse.

That's pretty much near enough.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Well, plus the fact that you demanded the pleasure of execution and could still back out at any time.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JamesCrisp6/sta...ingawful.com%2F

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh then corbyn should just campaign on "the brexit we were sold on is a lie, i'll cancel it"

1/4 to a 1/3 of labour voters voted leave and don't think they were lied to

my local Labour party received two letters this week, one went "labour has betrayed Brexit, I'm not voting labour again" and another went "labour has betrayed remain, I'm not voting labour again"

It's thorny

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Jezza's formal stance is "I'll only accept a Brexit that accomplishes everything the leavers promised us."

Which can either be interpreted as he'd cancel Brexit wholesale because that's obviously impossible, or he'd work towards the softest Brexit possible, however soft that'd end up, and go with that, were he to be put in charge.

It's shifty and hedge-betty, but he does have to deal with this:

MikeCrotch posted:

1/4 to a 1/3 of labour voters voted leave and don't think they were lied to

my local Labour party received two letters this week, one went "labour has betrayed Brexit, I'm not voting labour again" and another went "labour has betrayed remain, I'm not voting labour again"

It's thorny

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

fuuuuuuuck she's an idiot

This is who we're lumbered with. We're absolutely doomed.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Weird Brex but okay

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
big rear end trade deal chased by sovereignty loving BREXIT on a backstop then hosed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1073398751824412672?s=19

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Fallen Hamprince posted:

length isn't that much of an issue for canada though because it's not like (until recently) many people were trying to sneak across, so manning customs posts to butthole, north dakota doesn't take up a lot of manpower. but with the UK there's parts of Ireland that literally can't get to Dublin by bus without dipping into the NI, and the customs infrastructure facing the mainland EU is so non-existant that plan A for no deal is to use the M20 as a truck park. poo poo is bananas

If you take the main road from Cloverhill to Clones (both in the ROI) you cross the border four times in a ten mile journey.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This is going to end with England invading Spain isn't it?

looking forward to Reverse Spanish Armada

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Lord of Pie posted:

They'll still end up sailing up around Scotland and sinking along the way.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lord of Pie posted:

This is some kind of sex act, isn't it?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

It already happened.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Fallen Hamprince posted:

but with the UK there's parts of Ireland that literally can't get to Dublin by bus without dipping into the NI

where?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

At a glance, most of County Donegal?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
It's a longer journey to travel from most of Donegal, to Dublin without going through the north, but it's not impossible

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Bryter posted:

It's a longer journey to travel from most of Donegal, to Dublin without going through the north, but it's not impossible

possible by road, but not by bus. there was a minor scandal involving ireland's refugee resettlement agency related to this. refugees in ireland have to go to dublin for various administrative services. a few refugees were settled in Donegal and the only coach services took the shortcut through NI, meaning the refugees on board were technically breaking the law by being on board.

obviously the buses will be able to reroute, but it shows you how interconnected northern ireland is with the RoI, and how much of a complete and absolute disaster a hard border would be

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

"By bus" is probably the key bit there, although if you were willing to take multiple services you could probably cobble together a route going down the west coast. You shouldn't have to though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what’s going to happen with the Chunnel ?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Fallen Hamprince posted:

possible by road, but not by bus.

It is if you transfer at Sligo

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

euphronius posted:

barbed wire and machine gun nests

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

XMNN posted:

barbed wire and machine gun nests

Lol when was the last time you traveled through Calais?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

euphronius posted:

french farmers will plug it up with, uh, farm products

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Bryter posted:

It is if you transfer at Sligo

It takes the journey from 150 miles to 200+ lol

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

euphronius posted:

they plug it to keep the vampires out in the Strain, but I guess it's too late here, cabinet is rammed with them

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

euphronius posted:

The entire Tory party will be lured inside by telling them there's a pile of money and a bonfire made from poor people in the middle, then we seal up both ends and never talk about it again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I remember visiting England in like 2005 and being excited to take the Chunnel to Paris. It turned out getting airplane from Luton was like 1/3 the price lmao.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
This is new, right?

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1073583092533739520

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/uk_domain_names/status/1073221524545363973

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

misread that a couple of times as institute of starcraft.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

euphronius posted:

I remember visiting England in like 2005 and being excited to take the Chunnel to Paris. It turned out getting airplane from Luton was like 1/3 the price lmao.

This is the same of every train journey in this godforsaken country. My parents were going to England for my aunt's funeral in the summer and couldn't get a flight down because my dad's passport had expired & he'd not noticed. Flight is £20 & less than 90 minutes, train was £140 and over 10 hours. loving madness.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Trains in the UK are fuckin disgrace. It really gets me down, because trains are objectively the best way to travel and it's almost always out of my price range now. Also on the rare occasion I can get an affordable ticket, they're an hour late.

Nationalisation (points at seagull) can't come soon enough.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

deep state New Statesman retweets, the latest plot against Jezza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Fallen Hamprince posted:

deep state New Statesman retweets, the latest plot against Jezza

I mean it’s kind of doubly offensive that the goverment is spending that much money while still being poo poo at it