Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Maybe if we had a policy to route sick children to a hospital...but no that's crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

i am harry posted:

According to a NPR thing this afternoon, we're currently holding 15,000 migrant children in detention centers across the country, and an average of 175 cross the border each day.

Wow, this is super depressing.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Trump’s latest twitter video in front of the White House is really effective messaging. Clips of prominent Democrats saying they want to build a wall followed by Trump saying they’re hypocrites who don’t want it now only because of him.

Are those democrats actually hypocrites or is there something I’m missing. Because both seem plausible. I assume Trump’s wall proposal is larger in scale, but I don’t know the details and I suspect most don’t.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Ugh, we killed her twice. Our hosed up border policy forces families to make dangerous (and deadly) crossings in the desert to avoid our border patrol. And then that border patrol is grossly negligent in caring for people crossing the desert and you end up with this. She should have never been in danger in the first place, and she sure as gently caress should have been taken care of when in the border patrol’s custody.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tacier posted:

Trump’s latest twitter video in front of the White House is really effective messaging. Clips of prominent Democrats saying they want to build a wall followed by Trump saying they’re hypocrites who don’t want it now only because of him.

Are those democrats actually hypocrites or is there something I’m missing. Because both seem plausible. I assume Trump’s wall proposal is larger in scale, but I don’t know the details and I suspect most don’t.

they love the wall and want to kiss it, but are embarassed because now trump has built it and it's even better than they thought it could be

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Losing jobs to own the libs

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1073101338156957696

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Tacier posted:

The larger scale is the stupid part.

Tossing up some fences in place where crossing keep happening is an affordable deterrent.

More then half of America does not like the idea of people entering our country by just walking in.

Trumps plan:
30 foot concrete wall

I honestly thought we would build it as a jobs project.

Instead our “jobs project” is tents for Mexican kids and huge profits for the people running them and investing in them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Eeyo posted:

Ugh, we killed her twice. Our hosed up border policy forces families to make dangerous (and deadly) crossings in the desert to avoid our border patrol. And then that border patrol is grossly negligent in caring for people crossing the desert and you end up with this. She should have never been in danger in the first place, and she sure as gently caress should have been taken care of when in the border patrol’s custody.

this is the take i struggled to correctly articulate and then didn't post because i didn't correctly articulate

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Stunning specimen. Photographed in its natural habitat--a Ruby Tuesday's parking lot.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

friendbot2000 posted:

Take pics and post them. I want to know the full extent of his trash palate

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/cooking-with-friends-doocy-familys-pot-roast-recipe

The secret herbs and spices in his pot roast are cream of mushroom soup and Lipton Onion Soup mix

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pubic void nullo posted:

A Chapo episode from a couple weeks ago also reviewed this, they got a subscription and binged a bit. It's hilarious. Apparently they're running a series called meet the trumps or something and the first one was, naturally, an hour long profile of Eric Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Owb1nNIcQ

i love the intro, where he ran away from the lighting ceremony. and then Cohen poo poo hit the next day.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Tibalt posted:

The guy who buys into the George Soros, Perfidious Jew mythos keeps giving the Trump Administration the benefit of the doubt and is concerned about Concerned Trolling shutting them out.

:thunk:

Anyway, my point is that, like immigration, the Trump administration isn't really worthy of the benefit of the doubt when it comes to charity-related grift and fraud. The Trump Foundation is literally under investigation right now, and there have been two years of "shady payment" stories about the inauguration before the criminal investigation was announced.

Hold the gently caress up. Are you calling coffeetable an antisemite based on this post?

coffeetable posted:

like, do you not see the similarities between all this and some of the bullshit levelled at soros? rich, powerful people move money around in dubious - but legal! - ways all the time, and they talk to rich, powerful people world over as they do.

i think trump is corrupt and i think trump is stupid. but ten stories like this doesn't mean much more than one story, because if you're the kind of person who one story like this is written about, you're likely the kind of person who ends up with the other nine too

e: to be clear, the fact the US attorneys are looking into the inaug committee means something dodgy went on. equating the $25m payment with the $25m settlement though is dumb as heck

Because that's such a stupid reading on it's face that I think I must not have understood your meaning. If you're going to throw around accusations of antisemitism you better having something to base it on, that behavior is toxic and should not be tolerated.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/cooking-with-friends-doocy-familys-pot-roast-recipe

The secret herbs and spices in his pot roast are cream of mushroom soup and Lipton Onion Soup mix

You might say the secret ingredient is salt!

On my phone, so imagine I embedded this image: https://m.imgur.com/r/TheSimpsons/DKWUZZH

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

eke out posted:

they love the wall and want to kiss it, but are embarassed because now trump has built it and it's even better than they thought it could be

well, they loved the wall and wanted to kiss it, and in fact proclaimed anyone saying building a wall wasn't being tough enough on border security, but then trump said he wanted the wall, and it got really awkward for most of them

we are assured most of them regret saying that now, though, and that is what matters

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

i'm not even going to entirely hate the first one, it's a vaguely passable gravy element

i do, however, hate him for marketing a cook book, and the people who buy it

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

well, they loved the wall and wanted to kiss it, and in fact proclaimed anyone saying building a wall wasn't being tough enough on border security, but then trump said he wanted the wall, and it got really awkward for most of them

we are assured most of them regret saying that now, though, and that is what matters

I was in a hipster coffee shop earlier, and everyone there was talking about how now they love Trump and want to kiss him and they're afraid the wall is gonna find out

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Well, he's right.

Conning a bunch of idiots into paying for some dipshit fantasy idea that couldn't possibly be funded by any semi-functional group of individuals is what ICOs are for.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1073417313767051264

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i'm not even going to entirely hate the first one, it's a vaguely passable gravy element

i do, however, hate him for marketing a cook book, and the people who buy it

Cream of anything is disgusting and can be replaced with a roux and some stock or broth, but I'd imagine this "cook book" contains plenty of the former and none of the latter.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Cream of anything is disgusting and can be replaced with a roux and some stock or broth, but I'd imagine this "cook book" contains plenty of the former and none of the latter.

cream of mushroom is a roux with cream and mushroom

buying it in cans is blasphemous not ideal, but understandable

unless you're against putting cream in soup, which, sure?

edit: okay maybe you think cream of anything is too thick, that's fair

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Support the troops by helping us buy the Armalite executives a new yacht

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

So as an aside here, he is part of the 'The Daily Shoah' podcast, which is run by Mike Enoch. A few weeks ago, Mike Enoch's very, sweet, normal, older sister posted this plea for people to take a stance against him and his ilk and to report his Twitter account. He was banned from Twitter just a couple days after she posted it. In this post, she talked about how once he was doxxed her ENTIRE family started to get harassed - the alt-right fucks were posting photos of her kids on Twitter and their forums saying they were going to find her and murder her kids, etc etc. Her family had completely disowned him and none of them speak to him anymore - but that didn't matter. As a result of all the attention he got, it spilled over onto his whole family. They apparently had no idea he had this entire online persona until he was doxxed.

We were talking about James Fields a couple days ago and how his mom was oblivious to his alt-right beliefs. You hear about these loving maniacs and it is easy to forget the damage they leave in their wake cascades out past their overt targets.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

How did Trump find the restraint to omit the paper with a solid circle pie chart with the words "100% no collusion" written under it?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Sure why the hell not

https://twitter.com/amyfiscus/status/1073425985322790912?s=21

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't even get this Vietnam thing.

This is from a very long way back, but I lag in reading this thread that much. It's the midwest. Lots of Midwestern racists hate the Hmong. It's a play for votes in Wisconsin and Michigan in two years. It's fantastically lovely given the history of these people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Payndz posted:

It tastes like feet!

What's not to like? Whip cream? Good. Custard? Good. Meat? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

What's not to like? Whip cream? Good. Custard? Good. Meat? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

What is wrong with you? It's mashed potatoes, stew beef cubes, and sour cream, with a sprinkle of diced veggies for color.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

cream of mushroom is a roux with cream and mushroom

Bechamel to be precise.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

i am harry posted:

Bechamel to be precise.

I thought that was when two sauces had a conversation in a movie.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mystic Mongol posted:

What is wrong with you? It's mashed potatoes, stew beef cubes, and sour cream, with a sprinkle of diced veggies for color.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBDTaK1U8HA

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Mystic Mongol posted:

:golfclap:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wait the NRA's new president is the Iran-Contra guy?! :stare:

Let me guess are they proud of that?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

only if the topic doesn't involve a meat

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

BrandorKP posted:

This is from a very long way back, but I lag in reading this thread that much. It's the midwest. Lots of Midwestern racists hate the Hmong. It's a play for votes in Wisconsin and Michigan in two years. It's fantastically lovely given the history of these people.

Really? Because I live near one of the biggest Asian population cities in Michigan, and I have never encountered a racist who was specifically racist against Vietnamese. It's definitely possible though.

This is definitely an appeal to Miller's fellow Nazis though.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Kale posted:

Yeah basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpZbbOgjhPc

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

Ollie North has been fully rehabilitated as a RW talking head for years now. When the Iranians got their money back that the US Govt had been holding since the 70s, he was on Fox News the same day to say without any sense of irony that it was treasonous to be making any deals at all with Iran.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Kale posted:

Oliver North did more than almost anyone to expand access to weaponry globally and in the Middle East and Latin America in particular.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

TulliusCicero posted:

Really? Because I live near one of the biggest Asian population cities in Michigan, and I have never encountered a racist who was specifically racist against Vietnamese. It's definitely possible though.

This is definitely an appeal to Miller's fellow Nazis though.

There was a whole Clint Eastwood movie about it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Torino

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
There’s lots of Hmong in Madison Wisconsin and conservatives HATE Madison because it is the only productive and successful city in the state and it is also liberal as hell and it constantly proves their entire worldview wrong simply by existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Nothing new to you guys, but here's a thing I just wrote about AOC which touches on strategy going forward too:

https://medium.com/@daniel.ed.morrison/the-future-of-progressive-politics-is-bright-and-its-name-is-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ac3009f54b11