Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Azran posted:

Is it just me or is Survivalist... bad? Haven't played in a while but honestly I find it kinda boring.

That ability that makes nearby zeds explode on death vastly improves the class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfpJn5A2bf8

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yes, YES, I love me some Gary Busey.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Thompson, M32 Grenade launcher, event completion reward is the Krampus' Axe and Everyone's Idol Fire Axe :vince:. Also there's the baseball bat that's crossgame promotion and the mall community map but who cares the fire axe has come to dethrone the mace/sheild.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Santa's Workshop level is really good and feels like they're really building on their work with the Summer airship level. Instead of "You need to weld these spots before you run out of zeds to kill", it's "You need to weld these spots and there's going to be waves of zeds until you finish". Instead of "you need to pull this lever and keep the surrounding area free of zeds for awhile, and you fail if you run out of zeds first", it's "You're going to pull this lever [x] times, and you can only pull it if the area is free of zeds". So this all feels like a real improvement over the similar mechanics from the airship, and really present a feeling of progression that is otherwise absent from Killing Floor 2 levels other than Krampus' Workshop. Also, Gary Busey as Santa is goddamned hilarious.

Of the new weapons, I've only played with the Thompson so far, and I love it- it hits surprisingly hard and the reload time is surprisingly short considering how large the magazines are. The high fire speed does mean that you can burn through all your ammo really quickly, though, so spraying on full-auto like it's the Stoner is a bad idea and will run you dry quickly.

Overall I'm really impressed with this update so far!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The grenade launcher is cool, but please of please use that perk that upgrades your reload speed otherwise you are going to be there all day reloading it. Also, judging by a video I've seen, the unlockable axe is just like the dwarvern axe from the last game, which was a weapon I liked a lot.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Tombot posted:

The grenade launcher is cool, but please of please use that perk that upgrades your reload speed otherwise you are going to be there all day reloading it. Also, judging by a video I've seen, the unlockable axe is just like the dwarvern axe from the last game, which was a weapon I liked a lot.

Shock Trooper actually doesn't work, they haven't made the quick reload animation for it yet.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

Also, Gary Busey as Santa is goddamned hilarious.

You'd be surprised just how similar uranium and christmas spirit are :haw:

But yeah playing with the update on preview some, all the new weaps are cool and fun, Workshop especially and the Mall are good maps, Busey's great.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
If anybody wants to play, I usually play KF2 in the afternoon. I often play with one to three other people, so you can join whenever I launch it. I play on Suicidal, usually on survival but sometimes on endless, and I typically play on custom maps. If you want, I can send you a link to a Mumble/Discord we use when we play. I currently am on the beta, and I'm in the U.S..

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Azran posted:

Is it just me or is Survivalist... bad? Haven't played in a while but honestly I find it kinda boring.

Survivalist is fine, but yeah his whole purpose isn't to do anything as good as the other classes. My personal loadout is to have the Heavy Weapons Training skill, get the LAR/SG 500 shotgun for the early waves, save up for the .500 Magnum, then maybe the Medic pistol (with the Medic Training and Ammo vest skills), and finally the RPG (with Make Things go Boom). He probably only gets fun once you've put enough levels in, but by that point you can take out everything fairly well. That said I don't usually pick him unless my other go-to classes have been picked and we have a Medic, cuz that's all he's really for.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch_6G2RgOcw

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

:discourse:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The new map owns hard. It’s a blast and makes me laugh.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Please tell me we can play as Garry Santa.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Please tell me we can play as Garry Santa.

Busey Claus is a premium character, so for a few bucks yes!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

New maps are both good & fun. M32 is a bit disappointing, weighs the same as the RPG-7 and is pretty much just an M79 you can fire more often. It's nice to be able to do that, but it's not 2000 dosh worth of nice, and it doesn't really have the same effect on Skrakes and FPs as the RPG. It's a better Seeker 6, essentially, though you will run out of ammo really fast.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
This latest Gary Busey map seems one of the worst yet. Infinite waves have never been appreciated and they sure aren't now. Lin fought a Suicidal 7 wave for an hour before I convinced her to throw and then she decided to go to bed so...

I blame Tripwire for this.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Abandoned Toaster posted:

This latest Gary Busey map seems one of the worst yet. Infinite waves have never been appreciated and they sure aren't now. Lin fought a Suicidal 7 wave for an hour before I convinced her to throw and then she decided to go to bed so...

Maybe it's because I only play on Normal & Hard, but I've had no issues with that map outside the fact that Rioters almost never seem to spawn on it, and Fleshpounds are pretty rare on it too

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Stuff only keeps spawning if you ignore the objectives. That's the entire premise of the map.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about. Stuff only keeps spawning if you ignore the objectives. That's the entire premise of the map.

Yes but keep trying to weld the sleigh on 6 person wave 6 or 7. It's just ridiculous.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Yes but keep trying to weld the sleigh on 6 person wave 6 or 7. It's just ridiculous.

Get yourself a Demo/Sharpshooter/Support. Gotta have that DPS. Alternatively, use Firebug to space the zeds away to give your team breathing room. If I can do it six-man HOE with a bunch of idiots (myself included) mindlessly trying out the new weapons with no concern for our success or survival, you can do it while actively trying to succeed and survive.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah, I'm not sure what you're on about. I have yet to lose a six-man game on the new map, and have only lost once at all. I haven't done it on HOE to be fair, but I have played a lot of suicidal, and it's not that tough. Play the objective.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Also if your team is like three sharpshooters and two gunslingers maybe yell at them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

New map gud.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
man what is with this game, matches just never start. and yes i am using server browser. i see 4500 people online! i never had a problem getting games going with the first title

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I wish I had your problem. I usually just want a server to play with one friend and then it fills up by the next round.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Relin posted:

man what is with this game, matches just never start. and yes i am using server browser. i see 4500 people online! i never had a problem getting games going with the first title

are you running the preview?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
For anyone who's incredibly loving sick of Demon Hunter (which I'm assuming is everyone who still plays this and isn't a fundamentalist Christian):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWiuKmIkbfA&t=1s

This owns

e: it says "Outrun" but it's really more darksynth/shredwave, like half the tracklist is Carpenter Brut and Dance with the Dead

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Dance With the Dead & Carpenter Brut are both excellent. I don't use the mod but have played KF2 to their musics before.

Dance With the Dead: https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

Carpenter Brut: https://soundcloud.com/carpenter_brut/

Sadly, the latest (and very excellent) Leather Teeth album is not on CB's Soundcloud, but if you like what's there it's worth looking up.

e: I am dumb just get CB's stuff from their Bandcamp which I forgot existed: https://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com/

aniviron fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 3, 2019

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

aniviron posted:

Sadly, the latest (and very excellent) Leather Teeth album is not on CB's Soundcloud, but if you like what's there it's worth looking up.

I just went to a local record store and bought that sucker. Album of the year 2018 for me.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This owns

e: it says "Outrun" but it's really more darksynth/shredwave, like half the tracklist is Carpenter Brut and Dance with the Dead

I was kinda disapointed it wasn't Magical Sound Shower.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

aniviron posted:

Dance With the Dead & Carpenter Brut are both excellent. I don't use the mod but have played KF2 to their musics before.

Dance With the Dead: https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

Carpenter Brut: https://soundcloud.com/carpenter_brut/

https://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com/album/leather-teeth are ye sure it's not digitally available

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Just that it wasn't on SoundCloud- I forgot CB had a Bandcamp, which is a better place to get it anyway imo.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I don't get why the Killerwatt and the Helios Rifle aren't classed as energy weapons. I guess I can kinda see why the Helios wouldn't, but the Killerwatt???

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I've kind of been wanting a technologist class where all the weird techy weapons are on-perk. There are enough of them, it could be fun I think. Might need some more low-tier guns though, I think you just have the Spitfires there.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Would be kinda fun if they made the class revolve around setting traps, as that's an aspect of the game that is sorely underused

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
That "Up, Up and Away" game mode where zeds will inflate as you hit them and then when they die they float away and explode? There needs to be a very small percentage of Bloats that instead of exploding, they jet across the map randomly like a deflating balloon and then explode.
This Cyber Revolt event is pretty underwhelming. I've yet to see any cosmetics that are interesting, and some of them don't even clip properly with the cyber costumes. The new map doesn't fit the theme in any way, but I'm not sure if they did in past events.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
New event has kicked off, with a new map, objective mode and a couple of new weapons, and if you're into that sort of thing -> another prestige level. I hear they will run another extended free weekend soon, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zp2mtFfn-c

(At the very end of that video you also get a sneak-peek at a few more weapons that presumably are coming soon.)

I'll be honest - this update is nothing special. I mean, any new stuff is great but it's all more of the same we've seen before. I've no idea what I would rather see though. New boss or other zeds? More dynamic levels?
Still, being one of the few multiplayer co-op games that support 6-players, it'll still see plenty of rotation in my group of local friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Can't help but feel a bit disappointed in the update. I really liked KF1's objective mode, but all the maps in this update are meant to be played in the regular game modes too it looks like, and it just doesn't work that well imo. Feels tacked on. Oh, and the conversions for Outpost and Zed Landing have some truly abysmal voice acting, some of the worst I've heard since the first Deus Ex.