Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Majorian posted:

"I dodged those shoes beautifully. No one could have dodged those shoes better than I did. Asking me if I got hit by those shoes is a very racist question."

"They loved me so much they gave me free shoes, absolutely free, because they love me"
Behind the scenes though he'll rant to his underlings like Al Capone from the Untouchables "I want this guy dead! I want his family dead! I want his house burned to the ground! I want to go there in the middle of the night and piss on his ashes!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SocketWrench posted:

"They loved me so much they gave me free shoes, absolutely free, because they love me"
Behind the scenes though he'll rant to his underlings like Al Capone from the Untouchables "I want this guy dead! I want his family dead! I want his house burned to the ground! I want to go there in the middle of the night and piss on his ashes!"

Trump wouldn't waste precious piss on that

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

10 years ago today lads, this needs to be marked by getting Trump to kiss some shoe leather

https://twitter.com/haymarketbooks/status/1073442459261140992?s=19

I hate almost everything about GWB, but the non-plussed befuddlement on his face during that incident is something I'll always treasure.

and thank you Muntadhar al-Zaidi, for throwing your shoes at our stupid, war-criminal president.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Katt posted:

Trump would have taken two shoes between the eyes and then raised his hands up defensively all "nya! eh!"

Why doesn't the Fake News investigate how many shoes were thrown at Crooked Hilary Clinton?!?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Failed Imagineer posted:

That was years ago at this point. Now he looks like absolute hammered poo poo, he looks post-stroke in his quieter moments

That's what I meant. In about 2 years he went from "old but kinda coherent rear end in a top hat" to "animated husk"

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SocketWrench posted:

My question is what would be his reaction, rage, just sobs, walks away?

Red faced, he'd point his finger and start screaming "someone get that man!" over and over, until he was screeching, even well after the guy is on the floor in cuffs.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Failed Imagineer posted:

10 years ago today lads, this needs to be marked by getting Trump to kiss some shoe leather

https://twitter.com/haymarketbooks/status/1073442459261140992?s=19

I always wondered where the Secret Service was in all that and why they didn't take that guy the gently caress out at about halfway before the second toss. It will never be less than hilarious, though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
On the Oliver North front, how much of an impact did his stint advertising Call of Duty Black Ops have in rehabilitating his image?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Nice piece of fish posted:

I always wondered where the Secret Service was in all that and why they didn't take that guy the gently caress out at about halfway before the second toss. It will never be less than hilarious, though.

The secret service protects against threats.

It's a shoe.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

It's a shoe.

Shoes can be threatening. And loaded with explosives.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Arcsquad12 posted:

On the Oliver North front, how much of an impact did his stint advertising Call of Duty Black Ops have in rehabilitating his image?

Basically none. He already had a Fox show for years before the game came out I think.

The American Dad song about how he was already seen as a hero came out in 2008.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WpZbbOgjhPc

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Junior G-man posted:

Why doesn't the Fake News investigate how many shoes were thrown at Crooked Hilary Clinton?!?

"SHE LOST SHOES, SHOES COME TO ME. DO SOMETHING."

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/1073538856123854848?s=21

FYAD

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Nice piece of fish posted:

Shoes can be threatening. And loaded with explosives.

Is there any object this couldn't technically apply to? Should the SS just shoot everything that comes close to the President, or should they execute basic judgement while executing their duties :psyduck:

John Mccain's corpse can be threatening. And loaded with explosives.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Her well paying prestigious job is getting spoonfed this obvious type of poo poo and breathlessly, uncritically repeating it as fast as she can. Been said before but the NYT really does suck

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

terrorist ambulance posted:

Her well paying prestigious job is getting spoonfed this obvious type of poo poo and breathlessly, uncritically repeating it as fast as she can. Been said before but the NYT really does suck

Trump is dumb and doesnt understand his complex, difficult job. He's used to just stealing and enjoying his unearned wealth.

Wow, sources??

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Truly, historians will look back in 20 years, point at Nick Cohen and say 'blessed are the peacemakers, for they go to prison for lying their rear end off'.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

And that is the moment Michael Cohen became president.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm pretty sure 99% of the people who actually played the game didn't notice and the general news for everyone else was 'Wow, they hired a war criminal to advise on Call of Duty'.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

terrorist ambulance posted:

... What in the world is objectionable about this being reported

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Access journalism is cancer.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

I hate almost everything about GWB, but the non-plussed befuddlement on his face during that incident is something I'll always treasure.

and thank you Muntadhar al-Zaidi, for throwing your shoes at our stupid, war-criminal president.

I also enjoy how the Iraqi President just stands there like a boss and tries to casually swat the shoe away.

Too bad our current chicken poo poo President won’t travel anywhere.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Lycus posted:

I got ya.

The single easiest way to piss off a bald eagle is to let it see you trying to reach behind it. They have almost 360-degree vision, and if they lose sight of you in that direction, it freaks them the gently caress out.

It is almost certain that Trump was told that, and he just didn't listen. It's the one thing he needed to know, and it's why the perch was angled on his desk so the bird could see him and the camera at the same time.

Source: I am good friends with the folks that trained Auburn's eagles back in my college days.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

Republicans have spent decades and hundreds of millions of dollars investigating the Clintons, and the worst they have come up with is Bill lied about getting a blowjob.

The worst they’ve come up with is Bill raped a woman, but lots of people like to forget about or ignore that one.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Radish posted:

Access journalism is cancer.

That's dandy, but "Cohen says Trump sucks, wants to be important" is fine and insane to be mad about

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

they're just actually grossly misrepresenting things to make a sham "trial" look like the real deal.

I mean, when have Q-tards and Republicans ever acted in good faith?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The bullshit part of this is their willingness to help him pretend to be another one of Trump’s victims. He’s been doing shady poo poo for Trump for years, and personally threatening people via email or by sending goons. He is a loving villain, just one of those sniveling lesser villains that serves the main guy.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Wylie posted:

The single easiest way to piss off a bald eagle is to let it see you trying to reach behind it. They have almost 360-degree vision, and if they lose sight of you in that direction, it freaks them the gently caress out.

It is almost certain that Trump was told that, and he just didn't listen. It's the one thing he needed to know, and it's why the perch was angled on his desk so the bird could see him and the camera at the same time.

Source: I am good friends with the folks that trained Auburn's eagles back in my college days.

I prefer to think that bald eagles instinctively recognize traitors.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Jealous Cow posted:

The bullshit part of this is their willingness to help him pretend to be another one of Trump’s victims. He’s been doing shady poo poo for Trump for years, and personally threatening people via email or by sending goons. He is a loving villain, just one of those sniveling lesser villains that serves the main guy.

Seriously. He was the smuggest piece of poo poo imaginable for decades and acted with nothing but proud disdain for the law, society, and ethics. There should be zero sympathy for him. His sob story routine should be mocked. At least have the courage to own your loving villainy.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Skex posted:

I prefer to think that bald eagles instinctively recognize traitors.

Science has not refuted this hypothesis. Let's put him in a room with a bunch of eagles and see what happens.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Wylie posted:

Science has not refuted this hypothesis. Let's put him in a room with a bunch of eagles and see what happens.

They’d take his hair as nesting material.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Hizawk posted:

It's a shoe.

At the point when it’s flying through the air it could have been a grenade for all they knew.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Peacoffee posted:

They’d take his hair as nesting material.

Also they eat a lot of garbage, so once his Filet o'Fish-scented flop sweat starts flowing it might become a bloodbath

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

Also they eat a lot of garbage, so once his Filet o'Fish-scented flop sweat starts flowing it might become a bloodbath

Which species involved there do you think would sound more like a shrieking bird under those circumstances, I wonder.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Wylie posted:

I mean fucker won't listen to anyone so of course he didn't listen to how you don't agitate the eagle. It's never given him any negative consequences in the past to ignore everyone, after all. He didn't bother to consider that this time he could've lost some loving fingers because that eagle doesn't give a poo poo that you're rich and powerful.

This is also reminding me of a great image of someone who found the most majestic way to ruin his truck, he was up in Alaska and had a bunch of fish guts in something in the bed and whoops like ten Bald Eagles landed on it while he was in a WalMart or something and they absolutely hosed the exterior between scratching the paint up and monster bird shits.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 14, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Argas posted:

And that is the moment Michael Cohen became president.

If there was a button I could push that would make Donald Trump and Michael Cohen swap places with no other consequences, I would push that fucker in a heartbeat. Huge Mistake Dude can’t be any worse than meltybrain meatshit toddler man.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Peacoffee posted:

Which species involved there do you think would sound more like a shrieking bird under those circumstances, I wonder.

The eagle. I imagine Trump's scared noises are more like oinks or grunts, but wheezier

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Feinne posted:

This is also reminding me of a great image of someone who found the most majestic way to ruin his truck, he was up in Alaska and had a bunch of fish guts in something in the bed and whoops like ten Bald Eagles landed on it while he was in a WalMart or something and they absolutely hosed the exterior between scratching the paint up and monster bird shits.

Wish I was there, I’d be laughing my rear end off at that sight. A symbol of America destroying a symbol of America over worthless entrails is as American as America can get.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Ok, the President did some crimes, but not like crimes crimes

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1073540390404481025?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

The eagle. I imagine Trump's scared noises are more like oinks or grunts, but wheezier

A sort of....villainous Porco Rosso, with COPD.