Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

When I get around to ng+ I'll probably choose Haru because she's pretty great.

It'll feel kinda weird though since Makoto is the best (and also the stealthiest).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Are there any rumblings/ rumors of a Persona 5 Crimson?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

a kitten posted:

It'll feel kinda weird though since Makoto is the best (and also the stealthiest).

It would for me, too. Over-thinking it in P5, a lot of potential romances got marked as a 'no' for me because it felt kinda gross for a teenager to be hooking up with adults so that's, what, four down? Hifumi's social link didn't make a giant impression on me. Haru comes in so late that during my first play-through she also didn't make a big impression. I really don't want to be Futaba's first romantic experience as she takes her first steps into the outside world. So it was pretty much Ann or Makoto and Makoto is the one whose look is inspired by Fist of the North Star and she does akido and likes yazuka flicks and everything. She punches stuff and shoots a giant revolver from the hip in battle and drives a Personacycle. What's not to like? (Somebody will be along presently to tell me, but I won't care.)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chieves posted:

Are there any rumblings/ rumors of a Persona 5 Crimson?

The only thing Persona 5 in the near future that's not already out in Japan is Joker showing up in Smash Brothers.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I tried to start dating the teacher and failed. Can't even get a date in a videogame.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
The MC romances in these games always feel kinda half-baked since the MC's a blank slate. It would be more fun if you could play matchmaker with the other characters (and maybe you could get bonuses or special moves for having hooked up party members together, like in Fire Emblem?) I want to see the Ryuji x Makoto social link.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Randallteal posted:

The MC romances in these games always feel kinda half-baked since the MC's a blank slate. It would be more fun if you could play matchmaker with the other characters (and maybe you could get bonuses or special moves for having hooked up party members together, like in Fire Emblem?) I want to see the Ryuji x Makoto social link.

Why would you wish that on such an awesome girl.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Dawgstar posted:

It would for me, too. Over-thinking it in P5, a lot of potential romances got marked as a 'no' for me because it felt kinda gross for a teenager to be hooking up with adults so that's, what, four down? Hifumi's social link didn't make a giant impression on me. Haru comes in so late that during my first play-through she also didn't make a big impression. I really don't want to be Futaba's first romantic experience as she takes her first steps into the outside world. So it was pretty much Ann or Makoto and Makoto is the one whose look is inspired by Fist of the North Star and she does akido and likes yazuka flicks and everything. She punches stuff and shoots a giant revolver from the hip in battle and drives a Personacycle. What's not to like? (Somebody will be along presently to tell me, but I won't care.)

She wants to be a cop and

nah for real she's great though

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Played my NG+ a bit last night and a little this morning and boy howdy taking a level 13 Jack Frost and some of my leftover weapons and items into the first palace let me finish it in 2 days of game time. It was like Doctor Manhattan being a 100 meter giant walking through Vietnam.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Does the music from Dua Lipa’s “One Kiss” sound like a song from Persona to anyone else? I have completed P3P, P4G, and P5, but I can’t place exactly what song it reminds me of.

https://youtu.be/DkeiKbqa02g

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

the truth posted:

Does the music from Dua Lipa’s “One Kiss” sound like a song from Persona to anyone else? I have completed P3P, P4G, and P5, but I can’t place exactly what song it reminds me of.

https://youtu.be/DkeiKbqa02g

I've had Supreme Beings of Leisure on in my apartment and people have asked if that's music from Persona. They do have songs that sound like something you'd hear from P3/5, right down to the vocal tracks.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a rumor going around about Persona 5 remaster called P5R. Apparently posted in Japanese on 2ch a couple days ago but mentioned a Granblue fighting game delaying P5U that was only announced today.

https://personacentral.com/rumor-persona-5-arena-development-p5r-complete-edition-2019-super-smash-ultimate-leak/

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Thats a really weird way to spell Makoto

That scene where the power goes out in Sojiro's home and Makoto clings onto Joker after getting scared by Futaba sort of what really sold me on the Joker & Makoto being the best pairing (along with reminding me of something I remember watching from when I was getting into anime). There's also the fact that Makoto is :krad:. Just listen to Woolie in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5J7e7jfk6k

That being said, I romanced Takemi, so I'm probably not in a position to criticize.

My problem with Haru is mainly that she enters the story so late, and doesn't get as nearly much character development as anyone else. A lot of people online really seem to like her, though, so I'm hesitant to rag on her too much.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Funny, I romanced Ann because Morgana is the loving worst. I just wish the game would let me rub his nose in it.

Epi Lepi posted:

loving same. Morgana is rude as hell to my true best bro forever Ryugi and should pay for it.

I like Morgana fine, but it would have been funny to see Ryuji end up with Ann (which is sort of what I expected).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Max Wilco posted:

That scene where the power goes out in Sojiro's home and Makoto clings onto Joker after getting scared by Futaba sort of what really sold me on the Joker & Makoto being the best pairing (along with reminding me of something I remember watching from when I was getting into anime). There's also the fact that Makoto is :krad:. Just listen to Woolie in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5J7e7jfk6k

Wow, Pat clearly needs a Social Link to show him Makoto doesn't need to live in Sae's shadow much like Makoto herself already had.

quote:

My problem with Haru is mainly that she enters the story so late, and doesn't get as nearly much character development as anyone else. A lot of people online really seem to like her, though, so I'm hesitant to rag on her too much.

Somebody posted some nice stuff of Haru x Joker where they're running a coffee shop together. I'm on the 'she gets there too late' side myself, though.

quote:

I like Morgana fine, but it would have been funny to see Ryuji end up with Ann (which is sort of what I expected).

Following some artists (who then retweet other artists), Ann x Ryuji's pretty popular.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I figured Yusuke and Haru were destined to be together; refined sensibilities and all.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ann is in love with shiho, yusuke is in love with drawing, and haru is in love with that final moment of agonized uncertainty as the light goes out of a dying man's eyes

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

ann is in love with shiho, yusuke is in love with drawing, and haru is in love with that final moment of agonized uncertainty as the light goes out of a dying man's eyes

I'm in. Go on... :suspense:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I went Makoto but probably would have gone with Hifumi if I'd met her first. For NG+ I'm not sure, maybe Takemi.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Real best girl, right here.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Truth.

Actually, that hits on another mildly irksome thing with me: Even by the end, Yusuke's art obsession still makes him feel more like a caricature than an actual character. The way he acts, you expect him to be memorized by some wall illustration he sees on the street one night, which he stares at for hours before getting vaporized by the morning sun (provided you get that reference).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Max Wilco posted:

What about the part where they realized they literally pick the same attribute for all the persona girls (Pat: Red head, Woolie: Short hair)

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I genuinely think the best thing about SMTIV was the Nothing Ending. It was actually surprising because I was all set to go Law or Neutral or Chaos and then this comes out of left field. It was unique and unique choices in games are rare.

I bring this up because I'd like to see a similar choice in a Persona game. I guess P3 kinda did it but I never went that route so I have no idea what its' like. But when you think about it, the metaphysics of Persona are such that as long as human beings live, we're gonna gently caress up the universe. Nyarly already destroyed one world and he will continue to exist so long as we do. Then you have Valdy on the opposite extreme end. Humans create all-powerful supernatural destroyers and tyrants.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I went Makoto but probably would have gone with Hifumi if I'd met her first. For NG+ I'm not sure, maybe Takemi.

I really wish Hifumi was a party member. When I eventually get there in my NG+ run I'll probably pursue that path after going with Makoto originally. Hifumi also has the advantage of not wanting to be a cop.

Dehry posted:

There's a rumor going around about Persona 5 remaster called P5R. Apparently posted in Japanese on 2ch a couple days ago but mentioned a Granblue fighting game delaying P5U that was only announced today.

https://personacentral.com/rumor-persona-5-arena-development-p5r-complete-edition-2019-super-smash-ultimate-leak/

I'm excited but also worried because I'm afraid they'll do something like make it a switch exclusive or something. The Switch is great, I just can't justify buying/owning more than one console.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
A possible risk of Joker showing up in the new Smash Bros game.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Hunt11 posted:

A possible risk of Joker showing up in the new Smash Bros game.

Missed opportunity to put the luchador Pikachu (which is a female) in instead of Detective Pikachu.

edit: ha, missed Snake in the background

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Missed opportunity to put the luchador Pikachu (which is a female) in instead of Detective Pikachu.

edit: ha, missed Snake in the background

Well, Snake is a perv and likes to watch.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Don't date your mom Joker.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Are the new dancing games good?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

irlZaphod posted:

Are the new dancing games good?

If you enjoy rhythm games, yes. The remixes on some of the songs are stellar, and it's satisfying to sit back and watch a replay when you've nailed everything. That said they unfortunately go for remixes instead of just using different in-game songs probably too much on P5 (I can't remember enough about P3's soundtrack, so maybe there too), and some of the unlock conditions for new stuff/social links are irritating but everything's doable even on Easy if you are bad at games like me. Also when they talk about DLC characters, they mean like 'pay $5 to have Labrys for a single song or something similar so be warned.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So, what's on everybody's wishlist for the inevitable updated re-release of Persona 5?

I think I just kinda want the basic bitch things everyone else has been asking for:

1. Gay romances
2. A radio station option in Mementos that let's you choose what songs you can listen to down there, instead of the same 3 chord loop for hours on end.
3. More screentime for Haru.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I want more interactions between the party that don't relate to the central storyline, including text threads

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
There is no way they’re going to patch a gay romance into the p5 remake

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So, what's on everybody's wishlist for the inevitable updated re-release of Persona 5?

I think I just kinda want the basic bitch things everyone else has been asking for:

1. Gay romances
2. A radio station option in Mementos that let's you choose what songs you can listen to down there, instead of the same 3 chord loop for hours on end.

2 might happen.

3 will only happen incidentally with more group scenes like P4Golden added

1 is not happening until Persona 7: ultramix

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah if they totally rewrote even the female social links for the female MC of P3P to dodge the gay romance options they're probably not gonna revisit that.

Also I will defend Haru to the death, it's not her fault she got shafted by the devs. Her social link is actually pretty good. This could kind of tie into my idea for Persona 5 Kerfuffle, but a really easy way to develop characters would be if you could invite them to do the mundane stuff you do to level your stats. The other characters only ever invite you on dates (Yusuke asks you to watch the documentary, people asking to go to the movies, etc), but I think it'd be fun to just invite Haru over and play video games, or invite Yusuke to the gym, or invite Makoto to do the Big Bang Burger challenge with you. Make it like once a week or something.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

HIJK posted:

There is no way they’re going to patch a gay romance into the p5 remake

Yeah, in my heart, I know that....but please, for now let me dream.

Coughing Hobo posted:

I want more interactions between the party that don't relate to the central storyline, including text threads

God, I completely blocked the text threads out of my mind....

4. No text threads, or at least make them shorter.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

1. Gay romances

1. A button to press mash to pet Morgana
2. Some way so that at rank 10 with romanceable characters if you pick the non-romance option they aren't all heartbroken. I really liked Ann and she was totally tight with Joker, but i didn't feel like her and he were sparky in any way so it was kinda weird when she was all sad when i went the friend route. I dunno, maybe romance and non-romance could diverge earlier?
3. It would be neat if the other characters would occasionally comment about the fact that Joker and whoever are dating. That might be tricky, since you can date everyone.

None of these things are probably likely, this was my first Persona game so i have no idea what they change or don't for these things. :v:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

1. Gay romances

I wanna scenario on the switch release about the phantom thieves being invited to steal the smash invitation and the aftermath.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

1.) Some kind of new/bonus dungeon
2.) Some tweaking to improve certain sections (namely the fifth palace to make it less tedious)
3.) A way to track how many points you are towards ranking up a social stat.
4.) More instances of Ryuji saying, "For Real?!?"
5.) Major Spoiler A different turnout for Akechi, one that lets you kick the crap out of him in the real world and expose him to the media for being the poo poo that he is.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Max Wilco posted:

5.) Major Spoiler

Yeah that's a good one. The whole closure to that situation in the final palace felt rushed and unfinished.

major spoilers again killing the person who is essentially the primary villain of the game off-screen is SUCH a bad storytelling decision. The whole Shadow Akechi thing was also a dumb twist that I think they just used to write themselves out of a hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

5.) Major Spoiler A different turnout for Akechi, one that lets you kick the crap out of him in the real world and expose him to the media for being the poo poo that he is.
For real:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Just finished the sixth palace. I'm 99% sure it doesn't work out this way but if Akechi was the one who betrayed me I'm gonna kick that nerd's rear end.
My first Persona and I saw the same rumor posts but are they seriously gonna "remaster" a two-year-old game rather than just a Switch port with any new content they made for it offered as DLC on PS4?

Wouldn't expect gay romance options but on my wishlist they could absolutely lose the two scenes with the gay dudes going all Benny Hill on Ryuji; and minor QoL stuff like skipping the "stat up" animation when you're already at 5, like the ~100 times you have to watch your Knowledge bar max out in NG+.