Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ledgy posted:

Naah you guys, remember MGSV? This is oooobviously just a big ARG to promote Payday 3 right?

It's gonna be weird when another company is publishing it, but hey, that's what it takes to make the game more fun. Design it by actual criminals instead of just Dragan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I will sign whatever documents I must with my blood to get Jimmy and Sydney in 3.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

David D. Davidson posted:

Well at least they're having a better week than Bethesda.
What'd they do now?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What'd they do now?

The support part of their forums gave some customers access to every single ticket. With visible names, adresses and credit card details. It has been patched, but it's been a pretty severe breach, possibly even breaking the GDPR for the EU customers.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

spit on my clit posted:

you do not want squeenix taking hold of the payday ip, or any ip, for that matter.

The Quiet Man has joined the crew.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

All I need is Dragan and I'm good, he's my boy.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kikas posted:

The support part of their forums gave some customers access to every single ticket. With visible names, adresses and credit card details. It has been patched, but it's been a pretty severe breach, possibly even breaking the GDPR for the EU customers.
Ahahah wow how can you be that bad?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MariusLecter posted:

The Quiet Man has joined the crew.

god, no!

swims posted:

After these turn of events- without question the best scenario would be David Goldfarb buying the brand and making it a Nintendo exclusive.

ten chambers should buy it

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 7, 2018

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
After these turn of events- without question the best scenario would be David Goldfarb buying the brand and making it a Nintendo exclusive.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Ahahah wow how can you be that bad?

The funny thing is that it makes them look like complete assholes because it was a bunch of support tickets from people who were submitting claims for the ~$5 of in-game credit they were offering as compensation for shipping a screen printed trash bag (instead of the canvas bag suggested by advertising) with the collector's edition.

like they just dumped a bunch of customer data as a gently caress-you-for-complaining.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

like they just dumped a bunch of customer data as a gently caress-you-for-complaining.
I defy you to convince me that's not what actually happened.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Springtime for Howard and Bethesda.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

swims posted:

I disagree; while it can be easy to forget, Goldfarb had a reputation as similarly monstrously incompetent. There's probably a reason he's not employed by another studio at this point.

I should get the Payday franchise. I have a whole plan to turn it into third person co-op on a model somewhat reminiscent of the Division.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 9, 2018

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah but Goldfarb got gunfeel right.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah but Goldfarb got gunfeel right.

Goldfarb didn't actually model guns or do sound recording, y'know? Like, it's true he was on other games that had good gunfeel, and pd2 had pretty good gunfeel at launch, but he wasn't in maya smoothing polys or in a booth deepening bass or whatever.

In my rendition of payday 3, all weapons will be supplied with these things called "thermal clips", which I think will really improve

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
dudefeel

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Goldfarb didn't actually model guns or do sound recording, y'know? Like, it's true he was on other games that had good gunfeel, and pd2 had pretty good gunfeel at launch, but he wasn't in maya smoothing polys or in a booth deepening bass or whatever.

In my rendition of payday 3, all weapons will be supplied with these things called "thermal clips", which I think will really improve
"Guys, the omni-gel. Slap it on everything."

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Are you implying that EA's going to pick up the Payday license? :tinfoil:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FAUXTON posted:

The funny thing is that it makes them look like complete assholes because it was a bunch of support tickets from people who were submitting claims for the ~$5 of in-game credit they were offering as compensation for shipping a screen printed trash bag (instead of the canvas bag suggested by advertising) with the collector's edition.

my favorite part is people whining about people complaining that they didn't get what they paid for. Its Just a Bag lol

they paid for something that was advertised, to get something of a much lower quality than initially offered is a kick in the dick (especially on top of getting a poo poo game), and if the bag "costs too much" as bethesda says, then they shouldn't have offered it in the first place.

It's a good thing Starbreeze won't can't do this

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

spit on my clit posted:

It's a good thing Starbreeze won't can't do this

And then suddenly in January

Payday 2: The Absolutely Overkill Pack.

Comes with a set of the Paycheck Crew masks in REAL LIFE WOOOOOW

As I dunno Stoic gets nerfed too hard and Starbreeze suddenly has a lawyer or two.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

Are you implying that EA's going to pick up the Payday license? :tinfoil:

Current guess from folks is THQ Nordic, but that is entirely and purely a guess.

To be clear the IP isn't for sale right now, but the most likely outcome here is a sale of IP, and there would almost definitely be takers.

Payday as an IP is still a hot commodity.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 10, 2018

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

widespread posted:

As I dunno Stoic gets nerfed too hard and Starbreeze suddenly has a lawyer or two.

patch notes: Bo took all the whiskey, so Stoic had to be removed

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Springtime for Howard and Bethesda.

Winter for...whoever the guy that got arrested from Overkill? I don't like this remake of The Producers.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
👀

swims fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 10, 2018

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Discendo Vox posted:

I disagree; while it can be easy to forget, Goldfarb had a reputation as similarly monstrously incompetent. There's probably a reason he's not employed by another studio at this point.

Yes, indeed. Goldfarb is responsible for the laughably-cringeworthy quote that Payday 2 is 'the Dark Souls of FPS', and the man who created many of the lovely RNG-based mechanics of the earlier incarnations of the game (eg escapes, which were a cool idea until you found out there were only 4 levels).

He was also responsible for the Deathwish update, which in its original form was as much bullshit artificial difficulty as DS is now, as well as the terrible initial implementation of the first Infamy system and the introduction of heavy-handed methods to force players into playing the game 'correctly' (eg the arbitrary downing of all players for blowing the lab on Rats DW).

Basically he's the Ur-Jules, responsible for just as many awful gameplay decisions as his illustrious successor.

Wastrel_ fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 10, 2018

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So uh, lemme just say that as a solo player, the Grinder deck feels Mandatory or something for Overkill. I was blasting through Reservoir Dogs with the KSP/Arbiter and despite being downed a few times it felt rather nice.

Though at the same pace, Brooklyn Bank felt pretty okay too even as I was trying to get Sociopath to work a bit better with the machete.

I should ask: is a Grinder LMG DW or even Mayhem viable? Like I made sure to grab double stack Doctor Bags as well as Aced Body Expertise.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

widespread posted:

So uh, lemme just say that as a solo player, the Grinder deck feels Mandatory or something for Overkill. I was blasting through Reservoir Dogs with the KSP/Arbiter and despite being downed a few times it felt rather nice.

Though at the same pace, Brooklyn Bank felt pretty okay too even as I was trying to get Sociopath to work a bit better with the machete.

I should ask: is a Grinder LMG DW or even Mayhem viable? Like I made sure to grab double stack Doctor Bags as well as Aced Body Expertise.

As Pubstover Prime, let me give you this.

I've not run much Grinder.

Run an ICTV Anarchist Body Expertise build with either minigun/microgun primary and some fast firing SMG secondary.

You will hardly need to use your secondary. It feels like cheating. You will stomp anything up until Deathwish, and even on Deathwish it feel feels like cheating against everything except minigun dozers.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That except KSP or Buzzsaw and LBV rather than ICTV. I can take out a crowd on OK, pick up one ammo box, and be full again. Then China Puff for the secondary to shred anything that I want to explode.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Possible, sure. I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that I always know when I have overextended with my dumb bullshit superarmor build. I always go down when I feel like I should be going down.

But then sometimes I face off with a turret in a certain spot with my gun and I feel like a badass. It's not at all certain, except when it is. I've also not messed around with Death Sentence because god why?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
this whole police raids and going bankrupt thing starbreeze is up to has me really thinking that this is gonna push back the infamy update isn't it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Someone mod in a change to the "YOUR SAFEHOUSE IS BEING RAIDED" for "YOUR PUBLISHER IS BEING RAIDED"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

FAUXTON posted:

Someone mod in a change to the "YOUR SAFEHOUSE IS BEING RAIDED" for "YOUR PUBLISHER IS BEING RAIDED"

Bo is in a pickle!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

RandallODim posted:

Bo is in a pickle!

The police are willing to do an asset trade. Find the marked asset to trade.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
So what happens if you Overdrill their offices, what's hidden in those walls

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

HebrewMagic posted:

The G11 and Thompson/Center dlc that was scrapped.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EorayMel posted:

The G11 and Thompson/Center dlc that was scrapped.

I KNEW IT!

Discendo Vox posted:

There was an entire mostly finished heist DLC set in hollywood that was cut, with some hollywood-themed items, of which we only got the masks. it appears that the last several years included organized dumps of everything else the payday 2 team had.

(oh, right, and probably special ammo for rifles)

ahhh so the jiro trailer really was hinting at that! drat

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 14, 2018

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

HebrewMagic posted:

There was an entire mostly finished heist DLC set in hollywood that was cut, with some hollywood-themed items, of which we only got the masks. it appears that the last several years included organized dumps of everything else the payday 2 team had.

(oh, right, and probably special ammo for rifles)

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

spit on my clit posted:

ahhh so the jiro trailer really was hinting at that! drat

The Jiro trailer might as well have been from a different story, since apparently he also managed to return to Japan and kill all his Yakuza enemies after the White House job when wrapping up killing them all was what led him to come to the US in the first place.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

As a longtime Jiro player.... The dude's entire reason for being here and doing all this poo poo is Kento and yet he doesn't even have a reaction to watching Bain kill Kento. I get Wordsmith got stuck trying to wrap up a lot of dangling plot threads but drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzlYJyt_rx4