Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Thanks Switch friends, for dying & populating many Nemeses today!

Really funny how RNG is just feast or famine in this game. Spent most of this past week earning shards on my rath necro, to blow on my monk alt. Was stuck at 4pc SWK, without most of the BIS legs, and just watched shards vanish up Kadala's sneering, sarcastic rear end in a top hat, and mats drain away in the cube. Struck lucky tonight, got my last SWK piece, and immediately after that, upgraded a rare fist to a vengeful wind that popped out with an ideal 7 stack sweeping wind stat. Pretty much went from being able to painfully, slowly crawl through T8 (though already had unity / 'does not die' with follower, no risk to death), to blasting through GR70 with that alone. Got the rest of the BIS stuff within a couple hours of rifting, gambling and running bounties. SWK WoL is so wonderfully broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yo, Friend code on switch is SW-5082-0374-1634

Having a ton of fun as a Tal rasha meteor wizard.

Makes me feel like an endgame mage in a jrpg with the torrents of meteors raining down due to etched sigil+ the meteor shower rune.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

5er posted:

Thanks Switch friends, for dying & populating many Nemeses today!

Really funny how RNG is just feast or famine in this game. Spent most of this past week earning shards on my rath necro, to blow on my monk alt. Was stuck at 4pc SWK, without most of the BIS legs, and just watched shards vanish up Kadala's sneering, sarcastic rear end in a top hat, and mats drain away in the cube. Struck lucky tonight, got my last SWK piece, and immediately after that, upgraded a rare fist to a vengeful wind that popped out with an ideal 7 stack sweeping wind stat. Pretty much went from being able to painfully, slowly crawl through T8 (though already had unity / 'does not die' with follower, no risk to death), to blasting through GR70 with that alone. Got the rest of the BIS stuff within a couple hours of rifting, gambling and running bounties. SWK WoL is so wonderfully broken.

I made a monk and got her up to 70 per your recommendation. What's the best way to farm for all the stuff, gambling? If so, how do I increase my max blood shard capacity? I'm doing GR60s on my crusader in about 3-4 minutes and I get 300 shards per run, but my max is 1200 so about every 3-4 runs I'd have to swap over to gamble.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Big McHuge posted:

I made a monk and got her up to 70 per your recommendation. What's the best way to farm for all the stuff, gambling? If so, how do I increase my max blood shard capacity? I'm doing GR60s on my crusader in about 3-4 minutes and I get 300 shards per run, but my max is 1200 so about every 3-4 runs I'd have to swap over to gamble.
You increase your blood shards container by pushing GRs.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Big McHuge posted:

That's pretty much what you do, until your monk is able to surpass your crux. Gamble up SWK legs, chest, shoulders & gloves. Then gamble on helmets... what you're *really* hoping for is tzo krin's, so that WoL casts at target, not by you, but you also want to get a SWK helmet. Not because you want to wear it, but because it is far, far cheaper on shards & time to get a SWK hat, and then go to the cube & convert set item pieces until you get the amulet. Paying 100 shards per amulet is the least efficient, most masochistic way. If your experience is anything like mine though, that tzo krins is going to take a while to happen.
Gamble for kyoshiro's belt after that, and pinto's bracers and crudest boots. Hopefully while leveling the monk you got a grand incense torch to cube, as well as a cindercoat, and you've got a rorg by whatever other class you played- that's how it's always managed to work out for me.
What *really* rockets your damage, is a Vengeful Wind fist weapon that stacks sweeping wind to 7. 6 is ok, but a VW with 7 stack is better than a 6 with all around better stats. The Kyo's Blade fist weapon magnifies an already obscene damage output, but it's really the VW that takes the brakes off. Since gambling on 1hs is agonizingly bad because you'll get swords & poo poo in the mix, you're overall going to be better served with just making fist weapons at the forge, then upgrading them in the cube. Normal rifting will be a better way to go than gr's on your farming character.
Whatever follower you got with a 'does not die' follower item, with a Unity ring is pretty much needed to survive higher GR's, and particularly to make T13 a complete non-issue. A Unity ring on you or in your cube slot as well. Do not give a drat if the stats are uggo, if that's how it works out. I know some folks have struggled with just getting Unity to drop in the past... :xcom:

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

5er posted:

That's pretty much what you do, until your monk is able to surpass your crux. Gamble up SWK legs, chest, shoulders & gloves. Then gamble on helmets... what you're *really* hoping for is tzo krin's, so that WoL casts at target, not by you, but you also want to get a SWK helmet. Not because you want to wear it, but because it is far, far cheaper on shards & time to get a SWK hat, and then go to the cube & convert set item pieces until you get the amulet. Paying 100 shards per amulet is the least efficient, most masochistic way. If your experience is anything like mine though, that tzo krins is going to take a while to happen.
Gamble for kyoshiro's belt after that, and pinto's bracers and crudest boots. Hopefully while leveling the monk you got a grand incense torch to cube, as well as a cindercoat, and you've got a rorg by whatever other class you played- that's how it's always managed to work out for me.
What *really* rockets your damage, is a Vengeful Wind fist weapon that stacks sweeping wind to 7. 6 is ok, but a VW with 7 stack is better than a 6 with all around better stats. The Kyo's Blade fist weapon magnifies an already obscene damage output, but it's really the VW that takes the brakes off. Since gambling on 1hs is agonizingly bad because you'll get swords & poo poo in the mix, you're overall going to be better served with just making fist weapons at the forge, then upgrading them in the cube. Normal rifting will be a better way to go than gr's on your farming character.
Whatever follower you got with a 'does not die' follower item, with a Unity ring is pretty much needed to survive higher GR's, and particularly to make T13 a complete non-issue. A Unity ring on you or in your cube slot as well. Do not give a drat if the stats are uggo, if that's how it works out. I know some folks have struggled with just getting Unity to drop in the past... :xcom:

So I'm going with a build like this: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/sunwuko-wave-of-light-monk-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points except swapping out for Kyo's belt. Do you think going Unity/SomethingElse is a better option than focus/restraint? I'm pretty easily clearing out t13 rifts at this point. I do miss having nemesis bracers somewhere in the build though, as those tend to make both rifts go faster. Currently I have Spirit Guards in the armor slot of the cube.

Overall a pretty fun build though, and I'm glad I took your advice to roll up a Monk.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Big McHuge posted:

So I'm going with a build like this: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/sunwuko-wave-of-light-monk-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points except swapping out for Kyo's belt. Do you think going Unity/SomethingElse is a better option than focus/restraint? I'm pretty easily clearing out t13 rifts at this point. I do miss having nemesis bracers somewhere in the build though, as those tend to make both rifts go faster. Currently I have Spirit Guards in the armor slot of the cube.

Overall a pretty fun build though, and I'm glad I took your advice to roll up a Monk.

Dropping Unity for F/R is much more of a later game consideration I think. If you're pretty much fresh to the SWK WoL experience, and a filthy casual (like 99.5% of the rest of the D3 playerbase), you'll be riding the Unity rings for you and your follower while solo'ing for quite a while. For grouping maybe?, *still* keep an eye out for good Focus / Restraint rings though if you feel like playing with different options, or something to swap out with Unity- more or less a RoRG & CoE are required for SWK WoL as a general rule. Unity is pretty much a solo thing, exploiting the follower 'does not die' trinket.

Get Cindercoat in your cube, you'll love the efficiency it provides for throwing WoL all day, every day. Once you've got that build rounded out with TKZ hat, 7-stack vengeful & kyo's blade, even with lovely rolls on your SWK stuff and maybe substandard boots & bracers, you should be able to push to 80, and be clearing GR70 like it was normal difficulty, and T13 anything makes you sensibly chuckle.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Switch goons - Anyone want to make a run at the Boss Mode conquest? I've got an appropriately-strong Barbarian (GR80+, absolutely melts T13, so T10 bosses will die basically instantly) and I'm looking for a partner or three to split up the running.

For pros of this Conquest, skip this paragraph. Otherwise: the basic idea is that we split up and sprint to separate bosses - say, I go to Urzael and you head to Malthael. Since Malthael is a much shorter run, you'll get to him before I'll get to the Tower of Korelan, and you'll say "about to start Malth" to let me know it's time to Town Portal. I'll do that, accept the quest for Malthael, we'll murder him, and then I'll use the map to head back to town, which will allow me hop in my old Town Portal and wind up half way to Urzael while you head on to Adria. Whichever gets to a boss first will trigger while the other Town Portals and we repeat all the way on down.

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going

becoming posted:

Switch goons - Anyone want to make a run at the Boss Mode conquest? I've got an appropriately-strong Barbarian (GR80+, absolutely melts T13, so T10 bosses will die basically instantly) and I'm looking for a partner or three to split up the running.

Hell yeah, add me:
SW-3541-1832-9129

I have a whirly Barb also at gr80ish levels and that will be my third conquest for the season.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I had no idea the season got extended. I was avoiding playing because I thought it ended tomorrow

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Shoehead posted:

I had no idea the season got extended. I was avoiding playing because I thought it ended tomorrow

I think it was a good call for people new to the franchise on Switch. Almost gave release adopters a full season's run.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm ready for the next season. Torment X is beating me up, and I got all I needed out of this season. What happens to all my seasonal character's stuff? I hope they keep the double bounty rewards going forever.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
Assuming it's the same on console as it is on PC, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, after the Season ends, your Seasonal characters will become normal characters and you'll get "mail" (same location as the Seasonal armor and Horadric Caches appear) which will include everything those characters found that isn't equipped.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

sfmarine7 posted:

Hell yeah, add me:
SW-3541-1832-9129

I have a whirly Barb also at gr80ish levels and that will be my third conquest for the season.

Sent you a friend request. I have a fairly busy weekend but we'll get this knocked out.

Waffle! posted:

I hope they keep the double bounty rewards going forever.

That's the current season's "buff"; for Season 16, they're doing what they're calling "the Season of Grandeur" and the buff is that everyone will have the Ring of Royal Grandeur's power applied without having to wear the ring or equip the power in Kanai's Cube. I'd rather have the double Horadric caches myself but this will probably be neat to play around with.

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
I've retooled my discord to hopefully accommodate us switch goons looking to play with others:
https://discord.gg/8WgzAwv

Maybe we can use that to coordinate our conquest boss run.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

This coming weekend, I wouldn't mind trying at Boss Mode with some help. SW-8109-1199-0410
If it weren't for the procedurally generated bullshit that can make a few of the bosses a shitfest of cul-de-sacs ruining your clock time, I could probably solo it, T13 even.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

sfmarine7 posted:

I've retooled my discord to hopefully accommodate us switch goons looking to play with others:
https://discord.gg/8WgzAwv

Maybe we can use that to coordinate our conquest boss run.

For what it's worth there's a diablo section of the Nintengoon discord server linked in the switch thread that tends to have a couple regular players even this late in the season.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Just got this for the switch, how much single player content is there? Just got Leoric's crown and am killing goat people at the moment

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

703 posted:

Just got this for the switch, how much single player content is there? Just got Leoric's crown and am killing goat people at the moment

Single player and multiplayer are identical. It's just whether you want to play with people or not. The difficulty and drop rate increases with more people as well as the difficulty you set for yourself (master, expert, etc)

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

703 posted:

What m.hache said, but also: it really depends on how much you enjoy the endgame. You'll finish the story in maybe 20-25 hours and depending on the difficulty you played on, you'll be around levels 50-60. The level cap is 70, and there's a bunch of new gear at that point. Once you hit the level cap, you start earning paragon levels, each of which gives you a stat point you can assign (and reassign at will, it's never permanent, so don't be afraid to try different things).

At some point after you finish the story and are looking for a bit of direction, you'll want to switch to Adventure Mode and start running bounties, which reward Horadric Caches. There are cache-only legendary items (Ring of Royal Grandeur, Illusory Boots, etc) and crafting materials.

The endgame is completing Greater Rifts, which are timed dungeons of increasing difficulty. Drop rate increases with difficulty, so very high Greater Rifts have a much better chance of dropping rare gear, which might just give you that next power spike, which might get you through a few more Greater Rift levels, which might drop some better gear... the loot treadmill.

If this is something you enjoy, then there's a nearly endless amount of single player content. Seasons keep things fresh, and there are now seven different character classes from which to choose, each of which has four or five endgame-viable builds (read: lots of loot to grind for each class). If it hooks you the way it hooked me, you could get many hundreds of hours out of it. Or maybe it won't, and that's alright too.

I'll end by saying that the endgame is probably best played with someone that's tackled it before since they'll have an idea of what needs to be done next (get Kanai's Cube, kill keywardens so you can fight the uber bosses, etc), but that's not at all a requirement and following the Season Journey will give you a pretty good progression roadmap.

Come back with any questions, someone is always happy to answer them. Good luck!

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Thanks for the info guys, that was really helpful becoming.

Picked up a chest piece that has thorns: %247 of vitality and i'm a crusader. So.. i can go to into horse mode and run around in circles and kill everything in half a second. Hasn't lost its appeal yet

5er
Jun 1, 2000

703 posted:

Thanks for the info guys, that was really helpful becoming.

Picked up a chest piece that has thorns: %247 of vitality and i'm a crusader. So.. i can go to into horse mode and run around in circles and kill everything in half a second. Hasn't lost its appeal yet

While you're leveling to 70 and the difficulty is generally low (normal / hard / expert), always be trading out gear for whatever gives you the highest attack rating bump. Just let that be your general guide.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Friend code is SW-1593-0765-1314

Playing a wiz right now and enjoying the grind again.

Is there anyway to grab people's attention in pub games? Found a vault in a bounty game and couldn't find out how to grab ppl's attention. Finally went through to greed and all 3 ended up with me.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

GTJustin posted:

Friend code is SW-1593-0765-1314

Playing a wiz right now and enjoying the grind again.

Is there anyway to grab people's attention in pub games? Found a vault in a bounty game and couldn't find out how to grab ppl's attention. Finally went through to greed and all 3 ended up with me.

Like everything on switch, external coordination is needed.

Also: The Darkening of Tristram event is live again if anyone wants to pick up the pets/portraits, although Wirt’s Leg doesn’t currently salvage correctly (again, like last year) so hopefully they’ll hotfix that

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 4, 2019

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Like everything on switch, external coordination is needed.

Also: The Darkening of Tristram event is live again if anyone wants to pick up the pets/portraits, although Wirt’s Leg doesn’t currently salvage correctly (again, like last year) so hopefully they’ll hotfix that

How long is the event going for? I'm between ISP's at the moment.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Waffle! posted:

It's the entirety of January and should be available for local-only play, and one of the pets is for doing the whole thing with a completely fresh level 1 so if you want to do it "legit" without a Gem of Ease you don't need to have seasonal access

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Waffle! posted:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22855173/the-darkening-of-tristram-returns-january-3-1-3-2019

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
Anyone up for an eleventh hour boss mode run for conquest? I'm on switch:

SW-3541-1832-9129

Is it known at what time the season actually ends tomorrow?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Which set is worth chasing this season? I've started a witch doctor but so far I'm not digging it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Waffle! posted:

Which set is worth chasing this season? I've started a witch doctor but so far I'm not digging it.

You should probably hit the other thread with that question... if you haven't already. Whether it's console or pc, set functionality's pretty much the same.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Waffle! posted:

I literally skipped the wizard set to get Tal's again. Gonna kill Belial and get every season chapter completed at the same time :v:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
The season bonus wings are really cool :3:

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

I've started playing a few days ago and added a bunch of people from this page.

My friend code is SW-7725-7344-2700 I have a Trag'oul necromancer, currently doing gr50 ish.

porkinson fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 26, 2019

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

porkinson posted:

I've started playing a few days ago and added a bunch of people from this page.

My friend code is SW-7725-7344-2700 I have a Trag'oul necromancer, currently doing gr50 ish.

Oh yeah, I ran into you yesterday. Sorry you got kicked off because I was paused so long, something suddenly came up. I'm sorry your whimsyshire looting was interrupted.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Apologies to Coop. I was just killing time before I had to run some errands.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Pharohman777 posted:

Oh yeah, I ran into you yesterday. Sorry you got kicked off because I was paused so long, something suddenly came up. I'm sorry your whimsyshire looting was interrupted.

No problem I was wondering how to communicate to you that the portal popped but didn't find any way to do that. Even tried pressing the stick in to make the beam of light appear but I don't think that does anything.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

porkinson posted:

No problem I was wondering how to communicate to you that the portal popped but didn't find any way to do that. Even tried pressing the stick in to make the beam of light appear but I don't think that does anything.

I really wish there was a way to send preset or semi preset messages like in dark souls in lieu of having party chat on the pc.

Being able to tell other party members you found a rainbow goblin, gelatinous goblin, or bandit shrine would be invaluable.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Nintendo's console network communication policy, is that if everyone's tongues and eyes are cut out, then everyone plays nicely.

But! The Nintendo Online companion app for mobile devices is their officially supported voice chat medium to my understanding. I've got it installed and signed into on my phone, but that's as far as I've gotten and I haven't actually used it.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

5er posted:

Nintendo's console network communication policy, is that if everyone's tongues and eyes are cut out, then everyone plays nicely.

But! The Nintendo Online companion app for mobile devices is their officially supported voice chat medium to my understanding. I've got it installed and signed into on my phone, but that's as far as I've gotten and I haven't actually used it.

The voice app only works with certain games, and I'm pretty sure Diablo is not one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Best bet is to dip into an unused room of the Nintendo Goon Discord. I haven’t checked in for awhile, so I’m not sure if there’s a Diablo room.