Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

45 hours into Monster Hunter and I've discovered a new status ailment, and it's literally the worst status ailment I've ever seen. It's represented by the symbol of three red slash marks. Whenever you do anything, like dash, attack, dodge, use an item, whatever, you get a little slashing sound and your health goes down. I think it's supposed to be like you have an open wound? But none of the regular health items make it go away. What makes it go away is a sushifish. If you don't have a sushifish, and why the gently caress would you, then it just doesn't go away. All the other status effects go away eventually, but the three red slashes just stay there forever. This was literally the first fight where I've drunk more than five mega potions. And it was against a Shogun Cenataur. Which already is a pretty no fun fight.

it also goes away if you crouch and don't move for a few seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Obviously

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Brother Entropy posted:

it also goes away if you crouch and don't move for a few seconds

So I just pop out of the zone, crouch, wait for it to go away, and then run back in? That's less annoying than it never going away without sushifish or running back to base to heal, but it's terrible in a different way. That just makes it an annoying little chore to deal with

Bombadilillo posted:

Its monster hunter. So you (should) have it for monsters that inflict that.

Or treat it like a bonus tough fight. That's tough with certain ailments though for sure.

Bring antidote for monsters than have poison attacks makes sense. Bring sushifish for monsters that do three little red lines does not

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Gripweed posted:

So I just pop out of the zone, crouch, wait for it to go away, and then run back in? That's less annoying than it never going away without sushifish or running back to base to heal, but it's terrible in a different way. That just makes it an annoying little chore to deal with

Bring antidote for monsters than have poison attacks makes sense. Bring sushifish for monsters that do three little red lines does not

Been a while for that particular mh for . There are special statuses in them games. By all means crouch and hope you have time!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Bombadilillo posted:

Been a while for that particular mh for . There are special statuses in them games. By all means crouch and hope you have time!

Yeah, but all the others make sense. Poisoned, your health drops, you need antidote. Covered in farts, you can't eat or drink anything, you need cleanser. You're in a snowball, you can't use your arms, wait for your cat to knock the snowball off. And they wear off by themselves eventually

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Gripweed posted:

45 hours into Monster Hunter and I've discovered a new status ailment, and it's literally the worst status ailment I've ever seen. It's represented by the symbol of three red slash marks. Whenever you do anything, like dash, attack, dodge, use an item, whatever, you get a little slashing sound and your health goes down. I think it's supposed to be like you have an open wound? But none of the regular health items make it go away. What makes it go away is a sushifish. If you don't have a sushifish, and why the gently caress would you, then it just doesn't go away. All the other status effects go away eventually, but the three red slashes just stay there forever. This was literally the first fight where I've drunk more than five mega potions. And it was against a Shogun Cenataur. Which already is a pretty no fun fight.

That's one of those things where the relevant info appears in the monster book after you fight it the first time. Sushifish, jerky, or the crouch are your only real options, but the crouch doesn't take too long, really, and after it's cured, your natural regeneration is increased for a while.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

you don't necessarily have to zone out everytime, if you're doing multi or playing with palicos you should be able to get enough time the first time the monster starts paying attention to another target

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

Is there a link to upcoming first party titles?
The eshop isn't the most informative in that regard.

I like the layout of this site: https://www.releases.com/l/Switch_Games/2019/Q1

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Look Sir Droids posted:

Its an investment. Pass it like an heirloom.

Thank you for reminding me that I need to write “bury me with my boxed copy of San Francisco Rush for the N64” into my will

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
hey y'all, wife just got me a Switch for our anniversary/Christmas.

what are some of your favourite games to have on it (exclusive, as we already have a PS4)?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

what are some of your favourite games to have on it (exclusive, as we already have a PS4)?

Katamari Damacy Rerolled
The new Super Smash Brothers

An article came out recently stating 50% of switch owners have Mario Odyssey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, and Mario Kart 8, those are good starting points.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

morallyobjected posted:

Mario Kart, Mario odyssey, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, BotW.

Diablo 3, not exclusive, but rules on the Switch.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Gripweed posted:

you can crouch to the close the wounds

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

RME posted:

you can crouch to the close the wounds

Tanzia chips, sushifish, mosswine/astera jerky will all instantly stop bleeding and restore red health and make health recover faster.

In mhw you can also eat toadstools with the mushroom perk for similar results, minus the instant heal.

If you get a big hit that leaves lots of red, it's faster to chomp one of these than drink a potion.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

morallyobjected posted:

Grats. Don’t be too worried about double dipping either, switch isn’t going to get GoW or RDR or anything but if there’s a game you love buy it again because I can guarantee it’s way better when you can play it anywhere.

Anyways I think BotW, Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2 are must have exclusives. I’m not a Smash player but it’s apparently excellent. Splatoon 2 also.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is probably even less likely than a port/finished version of XCX.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #fe isn't entirely impossible. The only stuff running on the gamepad is the Topic chat program, and that can be bundled off into a menu option. It's also probably running on the same game engine as Persona 5.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm hoping for a Xenoblade Chronicles port, I never got the opportunity to play it.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles has been pushed as far as it can go given it started as a Wii title, and the only way you'd get it now is as a full remake from the ground up (or at least built on the same code with new HD assets).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If they remade Xenoblade Chronicles I wish they'd make some gameplay changes and not just upgrade the graphics. I've tried getting into it several times but the controls just feel so bad to me, like you're just kinda yanking your character around all floaty-like... if that makes sense? It's like you push on the control stick and your character just goes flying in that direction rather abruptly. It makes me queasy :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope they remaster all the Katamari series for Switch, cause hell yeah is this game still a fuckton of fun

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think Xenoblade Chronicles has been pushed as far as it can go given it started as a Wii title, and the only way you'd get it now is as a full remake from the ground up (or at least built on the same code with new HD assets).

Xenoblade looks absolutely gorgeous on Dolphin, to the point that I'd consider it the best way to play. I don't know why they decided to port it to the GameBoy. The only flaw is that with the higher resolution it becomes very obvious that any big battle cutscene has a bunch of looping sprites in the background.

If they disabled the level difference effect that makes fighting everything 3 levels above or below terrible I'd probably buy the game again and replay it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Microcline posted:

Xenoblade looks absolutely gorgeous on Dolphin, to the point that I'd consider it the best way to play. I don't know why they decided to port it to the GameBoy. The only flaw is that with the higher resolution it becomes very obvious that any big battle cutscene has a bunch of looping sprites in the background.

If they disabled the level difference effect that makes fighting everything 3 levels above or below terrible I'd probably buy the game again and replay it.

They ported it to the new3DS because it worked on the new3DS and was a great way to show off what the console could do from a hardware standpoint.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Just barely interesting: punching the good ol' ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER password into NES Metroid makes the emulator crash.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Starlink physical is £20 on UK amazon. Worth it at that price? I was maybe thinking I'd buy the digital a few months down the line when that got heavily discounted but I feel £20 for flying around pewpewing in an arwing is a pretty good deal

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo the final final FINAL "boss" in Smash is loving ABSURD

I love it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

I love it

The spirit land boss?

Also can we get the thread title changed to

ALL 1ST PARTY GAMES OWN. its Mexican food with Mrio characters

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've gotten my rear end handed to me dozens of times now but the The Boss fight is just so perfect. I'm trying to defeat her as Mario draped in an American flag, but might return when I unlock snake

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

No no, the final final FINAL boss. This game is insane

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fallom posted:

Amazon and eBay are the only stores where that happens lol

It happens on Wal-Mart's site as well because they also allow third party resellers.

Gripweed posted:

Reason #29382394787 why Monster Hunter World is better than the older games: Astera Jerky heals bleeding, can be bought for next to nothing if you don't have some in your item box, and you usually get a few pieces for free when going after stuff that can inflict bleed like Odo the hyperactive murder puppy.

morallyobjected posted:

In no particular order:

Octopath Traveller
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Mario Kart 8 DX
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Blaster Master Zero
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Fortnite
Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Kirby All Stars
Smash Bros

Your Computer posted:

If they remade Xenoblade Chronicles I wish they'd make some gameplay changes and not just upgrade the graphics. I've tried getting into it several times but the controls just feel so bad to me, like you're just kinda yanking your character around all floaty-like... if that makes sense? It's like you push on the control stick and your character just goes flying in that direction rather abruptly. It makes me queasy :(

The AI doesn't know how to use certain party members. IIRC, Melly just kinda flails around a bit and doesn't do any of the basic combo stuff that the player can do let alone the crazy damage stacking poo poo the player can do with her.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Smash

When 2 finalballs show up..
Does the first one always explode or is it random or what's happening.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bombadilillo posted:

Smash

When 2 finalballs show up..
Does the first one always explode or is it random or what's happening.

One is a fake. It should be obvious because the Smash logo's thin and thick lines will be reversed.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

TaurusOxford posted:

One is a fake. It should be obvious because the Smash logo's thin and thick lines will be reversed.

More specifically, fat horizontal line bad, fat vertical line good.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Rolo posted:

More specifically, fat horizontal line bad, fat vertical line good.

Thanks

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

if they’re rolling around on the ground then just pray.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
break any and all smash balls asap imo

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

My son decided he wanted to play co-op 3D World on Wii U this morning.

Nintendo, port 3D World to the Switch you cowards. What a fantastic game, criminally under appreciated by virtue of being in the Wii U

yeah it was so fun in local mp; it's like the perfect fit for the switch

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Looper posted:

break any and all smash balls asap imo

It's cool and good to wait until your opponent is near the fake Smash ball and then break it on purpose.

It's also cool and good to grab your opponent in midair and fall off the stage with them.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Alan_Shore posted:

I love it

I think I stumbled across a dude trying to beat this on Twitch last night and he was getting pissed af as he repeatedly got his bro’s face caved in.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Just barely interesting: punching the good ol' ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER password into NES Metroid makes the emulator crash.

This would also crash the 3DS if you entered it into VC Metroid.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Reason #29382394787 why Monster Hunter World is better than the older games: Astera Jerky heals bleeding, can be bought for next to nothing if you don't have some in your item box, and you usually get a few pieces for free when going after stuff that can inflict bleed like Odo the hyperactive murder puppy.

Yeah well World doesn't let you play as cat and it won't be feature complete until you can.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
speaking of cats, apparently Generations Ultimate is on sale? I already spent hundreds of hours in the japanese version but how likely is it that this will go on sale again in the future? should I buy it on sale now while I have the chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Weedle posted:

This would also crash the 3DS if you entered it into VC Metroid.

What does it do under normal circumstances?