Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Immersion broken, khem Val is a monster who was trapped in a cave, and cannot possibly smell good

He's learned the power of soap in the 5 years since you saw him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Cross-Section posted:

Y'all are endlessly re-litigating TLJ when there's CONTENT to be discussing

:haw:

:vince:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

Immersion broken, khem Val is a monster who was trapped in a cave, and cannot possibly smell good

You've not been to the weirder parts of the internet, have you?

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I'm kind of annoyed with the changes to conquest, at least when it concerns the Rampage dailies. The new kill 'em anywhere one is great and all, but they changed from being cumulative to resetting on every step. I don't mind a grind, and the old rampages weren't terrible, but making it 275 on each planet is just a bit too much.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Cross-Section posted:

Y'all are endlessly re-litigating TLJ when there's CONTENT to be discussing

:haw:

Skadge romance next please, NE.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Quasipox posted:

I'm kind of annoyed with the changes to conquest, at least when it concerns the Rampage dailies. The new kill 'em anywhere one is great and all, but they changed from being cumulative to resetting on every step. I don't mind a grind, and the old rampages weren't terrible, but making it 275 on each planet is just a bit too much.

Yeah that's rough, but at least you get kills while you're raiding or doing other things. If you want to "grind" the kills, go to CZ-198 and go to the phased area. Kill all the rats and get to the end part, don't grab the item, leave the zone and reset the local phase. 30 kills every minute or two.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Warmachine posted:

You've not been to the weirder parts of the internet, have you?
[that post about Tali-from-Mass-Effect's sweat, except now about Khem Val]

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Pull up thread, pull up

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Star Wars: The Old Republic - You smell delicious, too.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Now that I've played through both the Empire and Republic Ossus storylines, I'm worried that the amount of branching is really going to get away from them since you've got the Republic and Empire mutually exclusive story, and can also play them through "secretly" working for the other side.

E: I guess I just wish they had done it more like Makeb, where both sides' stories were canon.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 15, 2018

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Moon Slayer posted:

Now that I've played through both the Empire and Republic Ossus storylines, I'm worried that the amount of branching is really going to get away from them since you've got the Republic and Empire mutually exclusive story, and can also play them through "secretly" working for the other side.

E: I guess I just wish they had done it more like Makeb, where both sides' stories were canon.

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they went back to only 2 versions of the story, people would complain that it's getting too much like KOTFE again. As it is, the "Saboteur" and "Loyalist" versions of the story aren't too different, just some different dialogue split between them. I still don't think we're going to see any actual game play differences (So no Shadows on the Imperial Fleet), I think the "Choose a side" is going to remain in story instances only.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

If anyone wants this, go nuts.

Special Forces Armor (Battlefront II promo)
3DX9-H9F9-AJMV-9HW2

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

If anyone wants this, go nuts.

Special Forces Armor (Battlefront II promo)
3DX9-H9F9-AJMV-9HW2

Thanks!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Yo Moon Slayer, you ever get the cravings to finish up the LP?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I leveled a new alt earlier this year, and the whole time I was thinking "man, with all the quality of life changes, doing an LP now would be a lot easier than it was then." And I gave some serious consideration to just rebooting the whole thing. But then real life stuff came up and I checked out Star Trek: Online again to see what was new, and now I'm going to start an LP of that today or tomorrow.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Oh cool, I'll check that out

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Speaking of, I've been contemplating doing a comprehensive SSLP of KotOR for ages now. I've a few ideas to make it interesting even to people who've played it to death - above all, I've thought of a way to involve the people reading the thread that I hope is novel and will lead to some unexpected and entertaining results. With the next big patch/expansion for TOR coming up in a little while, I'm getting that itch again to actually follow through on it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

We've had 2 video LPs, and we WERE gonna get an sslp but one of the 2 vid LPs was going on at the time and there was some complaining about dividing the viewership.
(Talking about Kotor, not swtor)

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So I need some story clarification:

So, last I played, I remember joining up with the Republic on my Jedi Shadow on Iokath and I completed that storyline. I returned yesterday and jumped immediately into the 'new' quests, and now Theron is suddenly a traitor and there's something about crystals and stuff? Please refresh my memory if there's something I have entirely forgotten.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Stalins Moustache posted:

So I need some story clarification:

So, last I played, I remember joining up with the Republic on my Jedi Shadow on Iokath and I completed that storyline. I returned yesterday and jumped immediately into the 'new' quests, and now Theron is suddenly a traitor and there's something about crystals and stuff? Please refresh my memory if there's something I have entirely forgotten.

There were three story updates between Iokath and now...Crisis On Umbara, Traitor Among The Chiss, and The Nathema Conspiracy.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
sounds like you skipped some patch content after KoET - start with the new Iokath quest on your ship quest terminal (this happens after finishing KoET), then the flashpoint "Crisis on Umbara", then " A Traitor Among the Chiss" (Copero) and then "The Nathema Conspiracy" and you should be caught up.

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 17, 2018

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Does the new storyline let you skip over the whole Valkorian story arc if your character never did it? Most of my characters never had a reason to do that poo poo... Like I honestly enjoyed a lot about it, but one run through on a Jedi was pretty much enough. This spy stuff sounds like it would be a lot more fun for non-Force dudes.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

What's the best thing to sell with Cartel Coins on the AH? I have a bunch from subbing + the security token and I'm not gonna get anything from the store, but could definitely use the credits.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Mormon Star Wars posted:

What's the best thing to sell with Cartel Coins on the AH? I have a bunch from subbing + the security token and I'm not gonna get anything from the store, but could definitely use the credits.

Whatever the latest weapon and/or armor set is...generally weapons sell better than armors. Consumables like Character Renames and the Master's Datacron. The stuff F2P characters need if you want to nickel and dime your way there.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Does the new storyline let you skip over the whole Valkorian story arc if your character never did it? Most of my characters never had a reason to do that poo poo... Like I honestly enjoyed a lot about it, but one run through on a Jedi was pretty much enough. This spy stuff sounds like it would be a lot more fun for non-Force dudes.

Yes, Pub characters default to Light side choices and Imp characters default to Dark side choices. So, for example, Pub characters spare Senya while Imp chars kill her, your characters class or actual DvL standing doesn't affect this. If you've completed parts of KotFE or KotET then any choices you've already made stick.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Siegkrow posted:

We've had 2 video LPs, and we WERE gonna get an sslp but one of the 2 vid LPs was going on at the time and there was some complaining about dividing the viewership.
(Talking about Kotor, not swtor)
I know, I had a look at the video LPs some time ago, but given that the first is old as balls (like, 8 years) and doesn't quite do the things I want to do and the second's no longer even available, I feel there would be at least some point to an SSLP at this juncture.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Lum_ posted:

sounds like you skipped some patch content after KoET - start with the new Iokath quest on your ship quest terminal (this happens after finishing KoET), then the flashpoint "Crisis on Umbara", then " A Traitor Among the Chiss" (Copero) and then "The Nathema Conspiracy" and you should be caught up.

If you start Ossus, I think you can no longer do these quests (though you can run the flashpoints themselves). Starting Ossus autocompletes all prior story quests (I think).

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Were quest rewards changed at some point? I played years ago and seem to recall getting a lot of modable gear from quests. Now, through Nar Shadda on imp side, it's all green/blue gear.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pryce posted:

If you start Ossus, I think you can no longer do these quests (though you can run the flashpoints themselves). Starting Ossus autocompletes all prior story quests (I think).

Yup. All previous story content is completed, and if you do Imp side I think you execute Theron for treason

Ornamented Death posted:

Were quest rewards changed at some point? I played years ago and seem to recall getting a lot of modable gear from quests. Now, through Nar Shadda on imp side, it's all green/blue gear.

Yeah they changed the loot tables when they introduced level syn in 4.0, so the old unique sets only have a small chance of dropping IF you're the correct level for the planet.

As far as gearing while leveling, the method to do that is via Heroics which reward you with good blue gear (If you want, you don't need gear at all while doing story)

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I care more about dress up than dps so that is a terrible change.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ornamented Death posted:

I care more about dress up than dps so that is a terrible change.

They actually added a good chunk of them to a vendor on the fleet. Look in the top left part of the imperial fleet and bottom right of the Republic one for the Adaptive Gear Vendor.

acidblue
Apr 30, 2005
nerdboy
Ok, enough lurking. I'm reinstalling. I'm sure you guys have purged me from the guild by now. I mean, it's only been a year or two since I last logged in!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

acidblue posted:

Ok, enough lurking. I'm reinstalling. I'm sure you guys have purged me from the guild by now. I mean, it's only been a year or two since I last logged in!

Just hop in Discord and ask for an invite. I nuked anyone that hadn't logged in in 60 days when the Rishi stronghold hit as it was a pain in the rear end to give keys to people with a 1000 person list.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah posted:

They actually added a good chunk of them to a vendor on the fleet. Look in the top left part of the imperial fleet and bottom right of the Republic one for the Adaptive Gear Vendor.

Also they made this change after moddable gear basically stopped mattering completely, due to the outfit system. If you're into dress-up, every piece of gear that's ever existed in the game is effectively moddable now. And while you're leveling it sure is easier swapping whole pieces than paying out the rear end to move individual mods around. Extremely positive changes for dress-up if you ask me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I was lost in a few old reports last night and came across those related to Tracer Missile Animations and started to laugh stupidly. :D Did that ever revert or is it still the same one that caused a silly meltdown?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

VideoGames posted:

I was lost in a few old reports last night and came across those related to Tracer Missile Animations and started to laugh stupidly. :D Did that ever revert or is it still the same one that caused a silly meltdown?

It's still the same, I'm sure Dark Juno will make his way back to the thread to complain about it some day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They changed it in like 2012, his feud went way back.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

For reference, the original animation which is now Fusion Missile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAq7P9HIRjU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I used a RAF link and logged back in to check out all the expansions, turns out my Jedi Knight has mail that is 2221 days old. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Question: Is there a major difference between Story/Vet/whatever mode when doing the expansions? Are there increased rewards and loot or is it just for the challenge?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It's only for challenge and you need to have endgame gear. Not worth the trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West
Lately the amount of goons in space have quadrupled. We are now 3-4 online (now and then) I wont count the elusive 'Dullah since he is in and out a lot. Come play, the Ossus thing is not bad, plenty of gear to be had and some of it can even pose a bit of a challenge! For someone who never really done any of the ops (cept for 1 2 with the goons, ah memories) getting 252 weps and armours is quite an upgrade from my normal 230'ish stuff. The dailies once you "learned" them dont take superlong, with double exp coming up tomorrow (I think?) it's a good time for alts as well.