Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ibuki should be deleted from every single SF and it's shameful that cute plus good girl Menat is being shouted down in favor of this stupid Wheel of Fortune bullshit. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Very glad they’re adding Johnny Kage to Street Fighter. Maybe MK11 can get Blanka.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love horny spooky muscle daddy

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

HMS Beagle posted:

Very glad they’re adding Johnny Kage to Street Fighter. Maybe MK11 can get Blanka.

they wouldn't dare allow the superior Sub-Zero into their game

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
fart

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

season 4 changelog

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/as/pdf/en/adjustments201812ver.pdf?h=6bafbe5b158324c0f94d915fcc5cc1f0

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Thief posted:

i am bad at Menat but her orbs seem good if i could just learn to wield them properly

:mmmhmm:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Appear to have buffed FANG quite a bit. Looks like I'm back.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i hope they put ads on the new dweeb's horns

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Ha ha they're still nerfing Vega.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I'm surprised there was anything left to nerf

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
You can still find him in character select, apparently.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

the sfv button feel/animations/characters/sounds are my favorite in the entire fg world

This just makes me incredibly sad.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Mostly the button feel comment, because I have never felt worse hitting a button in an FG than SFV.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

It's awesome. It was the only thing I checked when the patch notes went up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Honestly, as a Based ClAw Main on ST fightcade, he probably deserves to eat at least another decade of nerfs.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Abigail got brought out back and donated to kars for kids

Kolin is the same p.much besides walking back previous nerfs and buffing a poo poo move to still be poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is Sakura playable yet

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

That's a strange way of saying "massively buffed"

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kongming posted:

This just makes me incredibly sad.

Same but because the rest of the game doesn’t match up with those things for me.

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Double Bill posted:

That's a strange way of saying "massively buffed"

they can obsessively buff st.mp as much as they want, it won't fix his myriad of other problems that actually matter, like the worst defensive options in the game, awful anti-airs, terrible offensive pressure, and overall the worst v-system in the game

his new stance transitions are negative lmao what a great buff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They also got rid of a crush counter and with the way SFV works that just means they removed a normal for no reason

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Weremacht posted:

they can obsessively buff st.mp as much as they want, it won't fix his myriad of other problems that actually matter, like the worst defensive options in the game, awful anti-airs, terrible offensive pressure, and overall the worst v-system in the game

his new stance transitions are negative lmao what a great buff

Hey I didn't say he's still any good, just that his changes are clearly a net buff.

In Training posted:

They also got rid of a crush counter and with the way SFV works that just means they removed a normal for no reason

cHP no longer crushing seems like pretty good to me? He actually gets to link into a real combo instead one that's scaled to poo poo.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

No real Gief buffs, I can keep ignoring this game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

capcom trying to change vega in any given patch is like the sideshow bob rake scene

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Dracula Factory posted:

Abigail is the biggest buff geif ever got

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Cammy getting several nontrivial nerfs already makes the update better than most of their season patches so far.

Lack of Juri changes is baffling, but most other characters who needed buffs got them (Ryu, Sagat, Falke, Fang, Alex).

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I hung on until I saw the S4 patch notes, but I just can't anymore. I'm out.

Better luck in SFVI, Capcom.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Double Bill posted:

Hey I didn't say he's still any good, just that his changes are clearly a net buff.

cHP no longer crushing seems like pretty good to me? He actually gets to link into a real combo instead one that's scaled to poo poo.

Hold up they still had crush counters in the game that actually makes your reward worse 3 years later?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Kongming posted:

Mostly the button feel comment, because I have never felt worse hitting a button in an FG than SFV.

They did a good job on move animations and sounds, Ryu's punches look meaty but the visuals can't mask the mechanics.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Pomp posted:

Hold up they still had crush counters in the game that actually makes your reward worse 3 years later?

yes but now dp punishes are scaled 1.2x

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Pomp posted:

They actually changed the scaling in general so that crush counters would scale more heavily then regular hits in.. I wanna say S3 patch? They also made a few crush counter buttons be the kind that knocks back so that you couldn't actually link anything after them.

The change they're making in S4 to make punishing invincible reversals give a 1.2x damage bonus really seems like what they intended crush counters to be without the neutral implications of random crush counters, so I'm not really sure what they're intending at this point?

I wonder if these buffs are enough to make Sakura or Falke actually playable now rather than the worst characters. Sakura is still going to have the absolute worst smp in the game though.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Elvis_Maximus posted:

The change they're making in S4 to make punishing invincible reversals give a 1.2x damage bonus really seems like what they intended crush counters to be without the neutral implications of random crush counters, so I'm not really sure what they're intending at this point?
it seems like they want people to take throw vs meaty mixup while they stand instead of dp out. and if you do dp at the wrong time, they want you to eat poo poo..which is weird because if you're playing this game you're already eating poo poo

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Dracula Factory posted:

He has focus backdash now.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
That alternate Kage costume has a butthole on his chest.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I played the beta for this game, meaning I quit before Akuma was released
Oh man Evil Ryu. Oh wow. Man.

It's stupid that this fighter legit has power creep like a loving card game
The ads for this dead gay game are hilarious. I'm waiting for the next Capcom fighter where they will be in from the start. Hopefully some SFV ads. I want to see an ad of akuma with an ad on his back on Demitri's back during his winpose

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 18, 2018

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

In Training posted:

one of zekus many buffs is that instead of a crush counter into nothing his button that's +1 on stance change is now a real button that gets you a real combo if you happen to counterhit

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

darealkooky posted:

one of zekus many buffs is that instead of a crush counter into nothing his button that's +1 on stance change is now a real button that gets you a real combo if you happen to counterhit

IT hasn’t played enough sfv to know that they just universally nerfed crush counters without a second thought. So ryu’s completely useless s.HP received the same CC nerf that Abigail’s s.HP got.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So uh, I've had a craving to break out the old PS3 Fightstick and play some Street Fighter lately. I figured by now they must have unfucked everything wrong with SFV enough for it to be worth a look but after reading the last five or so pages, holy poo poo... :stare:

So um... I'm guessing the better option is to snag the PS4 version of USF4?

Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

BGrifter posted:

So uh, I've had a craving to break out the old PS3 Fightstick and play some Street Fighter lately. I figured by now they must have unfucked everything wrong with SFV enough for it to be worth a look but after reading the last five or so pages, holy poo poo... :stare:

So um... I'm guessing the better option is to snag the PS4 version of USF4?

Yikes.

I would give Third Strike a try if you never have before. The PC Fightcade version is the best but challenge mode in the PS3 version is nice to have.