Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.

Schmeichy posted:

Probably, I remember reading that thread when he first posted it and thinking he was kind of a crap dad

I agree. Hidden cameras and hitting kids with belts does not seem ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Schmeichy posted:

In short, probably better kiddo is with grandma

Yeah I had no idea of any of this context when I read the Reddit post but if the end result of this is that the parenthood gets outsourced to someone less crazy it's a happy ending

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

loquacius posted:

Yeah I was expecting a bunch of estranged-parent red flags but IMO to come out that strongly against him here you have to assume a hefty dose of unreliable narrator

lljksilk in that reddit post posted:

There was no abuse (physical or otherwise) that led to his running away

lljksilk in that thread posted:

My secondary means of discipline is chores. And if all else fails, I employ physical discipline, i.e. I make him put his hands on the kitchen table and swat him with a belt 3-5 times.

Yeah, goons are very likely to assume a more than just hefty dose of unreliable from this guy.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Also he really hates that son in particular because he fucken hates his mom, but the son is quite like his mother? I think I have that right.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I doubt loan dad can just sign the loans over to his children, at least from my experience in lending. The initial approval was based on his income and credit at the time, a lender is not likely to let someone else just walk into the contract with a completely different credit profile.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cumshitter posted:

I doubt loan dad can just sign the loans over to his children, at least from my experience in lending. The initial approval was based on his income and credit at the time, a lender is not likely to let someone else just walk into the contract with a completely different credit profile.

Yeah there is no way he can.

Edit: actually there is one way he can... he can die lol. That will do the trick.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I thought the kid needed to be sent away because he was a poo poo, turns out that he needs to be sent away because dad's a poo poo.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
Not from /r/relationships or /r/legaladvice, but it's in the same spirit. When I lived in California, I listened to a lot of talk radio and one show was a lawyer who took calls for legal advice (this was about 2009). I was going through some old backups and remembered I had this clip of a lady that called in. I saved the clip from their weekly archive and it's survived in a backup folder all these years. If it was a /r/legaladvice thread, it would probably be something like:

Me [49F] with my husband [49M]. I caught my husband smoking weed and I want him to sign our house over to me

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1Qxz3M6yyRt

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The father is obviously just lying

Like straight up it's gonna be "okay just give me the 100,000 and I'll pay it off"

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003

big dyke energy posted:

Someone with a Reddit account ask him if he's still beating his children/loving their babysitters

I wasn't gonna post this, but you tempted me. Another goon who saw him post about his gf said the age lines up with the babysitter.

Shot:

My [36M] SO [28F] makes significantly less than me and is butthurt that I expect her to pay for a large chunk of her own expenses now that she has a steady job
Posted byu/LLJKSiLk

quote:

We've been dating for around 7.5 years. During one part of our relationship, she had her own job/apartment/vehicle. She lost her job/apartment and wanted to move in with me. For about 3-4 years I covered 100% of her living expenses (gas, clothes, home/utilities/etc.). Last year her car broke down, and I purchased another vehicle ($5,000 down payment, $300/month) for her to use. Again, I paid for 100% of this. Her "rent" has basically been cooking/laundry/house cleaning which is an arrangement I was fine with, so I'm not complaining about that necessarily.

She wanted to finish her associate's degree and lacked two semesters. I came out of pocket $3,000 to pay for her tuition/books since she did not qualify for grant money so that she could finish. Halfway through her last semester, she got a part-time job making $500-ish per month. I told her that since she had a job, I expected her to pick up the slack on expenses that were solely related to her. (Car payment, car insurance, cell phone, or roughly most of her check). I also agreed to put $80 per month in savings for her.

Note: This doesn't even include all her expenses. Food, gas, and other stuff I pay for. I pay for a gym membership so she can swim, I pay for any special events, and I've even paid for her mom's/sister's birthday presents. Basically, her expenses are more than she's getting paid, and I only expect her to pay about 80% of what her actual expenses are (at most).

Despite the car being in my name, I told her that once it is paid off, she can just pay me an additional 6 months of what the payment is and I'll sign it over to her. I'll still have paid for over 30% of the vehicle with my money, but she can own it free and clear. Her argument is that she shouldn't have to pay anything on it until it is in her name because it is "my" car.

She also says she'd rather not have car insurance (illegal) and doesn't want to pay that. She says she'd "rather get an Obamaphone" than to have to pay for her cell phone bill ($50ish per month, I paid for the phone).

Am I the rear end in a top hat here? I feel like I'm being more than reasonable and have set up a pretty fair situation, seeing as how I pay for everything (100% of food, 100% of her needs as far as clothing, gas, etc.) and only expect her to pay a handful of bills that only exist because she wanted/needed the things.

She says poo poo like "Why should I even work if I don't get to keep all my money?" and has a disconnect of what expenses actually go into keeping her life running smoothly. I don't even try to lord anything over her and have been more than generous when it comes to gifts, etc.

When she gets paid, I give her a detailed list via email of where every single penny is going. I'm not being opaque about anything and we agreed to all of this up front, she's just not happy that she doesn't get to keep more than $80 per month (even though she benefits from hundreds of extra dollars I spend on her per month that is not covered by her own pay).

I understand I make a great deal more than her, but I've always believed in paying your own way.

So... advice is welcome.

Chaser:

36/29 [MF4F] #Alabama - Interested in a Triad
Posted byu/LLJKSiLk

quote:

My (36M) s/o (29F) asked me last night about forming a triad. We've got friends who meet up for the occasional threesome but we're looking for more than that at this point.

Ideally, we'd all be compatible and could have more going on besides just physically.

E: clarity

Lysistrata fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 17, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
just lol at posting on reddit with a SA username when you get chased off

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Lysistrata posted:

Posted byu/LLJKSiLk

:allears:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
#Alabama sounds about right for that whole shitshow.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's possible I might have worked with that guy

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

loquacius posted:

Yeah I was expecting a bunch of estranged-parent red flags but IMO to come out that strongly against him here you have to assume a hefty dose of unreliable narrator

I agree, but I think that door is still open. There's definitely some back history with OP's ex and previous problems. What's going on with the kid now can't be divorced from that past, and it might not factor into how to deal with him the most effectively, but some parts of his behavior might not be addressable with the info given (in the new Reddit thread).

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Anony Mouse posted:

I think you're kinda missing their point here. Yeah people are emotional. Venting to your friends about your relationship is a minefield at best let alone when they're at the same goddamn party. And sex is an incredibly touchy subject. But isn't it kind of hosed up that it's such a touchy subject that an isolated, offhand (albeit insensitive and thoughtless) comment can so utterly annihilate someone's self esteem, despite all their other positive personal traits, and most people just nod and say "well yes of course that is a reasonable reaction"?

Yeah I can totally understand being very hurt and upset, but your relationship completely falling apart just seems... extreme and unhealthy. I'm not even assigning blame to the guy in this specific scenario, the whole point is that society has instilled these hosed up values in him and all the rest of us and I don't like it.

I don't think that the reaction is entirely due to the topic being sexual. The point was that she was poo poo-talking him to her friends and identifying him as second fiddle. "My rebound boyfriend is such a loving idiot and can never emotionally satisfy me, not like my ex, the brilliant doctor-poet" would be as emotionally damaging as what was actually said. No one wants to find out that they're the backup plan, that their SO would rather be with someone else

He thought that he was hot poo poo in a champagne glass, but he overheard her saying hat he's cold diarrhea in a dixie cup. Of course that's going to ruin his confidence and make him question their relationship.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lysistrata posted:

Any red flags are in here. Someone from SA found his parenting style offensive enough to copy his post from this thread into the reddit thread.

He is an incorrigible, abusive piece of poo poo. The reason you are seeing him pop up around here, again, is that I brought him up in the SA Sagas thread, and linked to a reddit thread I'd found by popping his username into Google. That led someone else to post the link you quoted.

He is a real piece of poo poo.

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

He is an incorrigible, abusive piece of poo poo. The reason you are seeing him pop up around here, again, is that I brought him up in the SA Sagas thread, and linked to a reddit thread I'd found by popping his username into Google. That led someone else to post the link you quoted.

He is a real piece of poo poo.

I agree, and thought it was relevant here. Thank you for the update!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Huntersoninski posted:

Yeah, goons are very likely to assume a more than just hefty dose of unreliable from this guy.

I'd never seen that thread before when I wrote the first post and have already said "ok yeah with further context, big yikes"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Son lives with dad, is delinquent runaway.
Son lives with grandma, is straight-A sports hero.

Dad: The son hasn't done step one of changing.

God, LLjksilk is the biggest piece of poo poo, and I am genuinely uplifted knowing that kid got out from under him

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Like, Jesus he is DETERMINED to hate his one son. Reminds me of my parents, except when my parents do it it's usually hilarious (yesterday during games night they declared that my wife and I couldn't be on the same team then argued for five minutes because they both wanted my wife to be on their own team).

If my son went from utter gently caress-up/MISSING, loving MISSING, to straight A student who also does normal teen things like act rude to relatives and experiment with tobacco, I would be insanely happy. Just over the moon. And he's pissed. Sad lol

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

He's at least correct in thinking that the son should continue living with grandma, what I don't understand is why the son wants to come home at all

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Cause Grandma knows how to make hosed up kids act good and it probably involves the same kind of abuse that produced lljksilk

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Rubellavator posted:

Cause Grandma knows how to make hosed up kids act good and it probably involves the same kind of abuse that produced lljksilk

Maybe, but at least gramma's not too busy running orgies to take the kid to football practice.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

loquacius posted:

I'd never seen that thread before when I wrote the first post and have already said "ok yeah with further context, big yikes"

yeah i had written my response before i'd refreshed and saw yours but i left it because lol "no abuse"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

CoasterMaster posted:

Not from /r/relationships or /r/legaladvice, but it's in the same spirit. When I lived in California, I listened to a lot of talk radio and one show was a lawyer who took calls for legal advice (this was about 2009). I was going through some old backups and remembered I had this clip of a lady that called in. I saved the clip from their weekly archive and it's survived in a backup folder all these years. If it was a /r/legaladvice thread, it would probably be something like:

Me [49F] with my husband [49M]. I caught my husband smoking weed and I want him to sign our house over to me

This woman is insane.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lysistrata posted:

I wasn't gonna post this, but you tempted me. Another goon who saw him post about his gf said the age lines up with the babysitter.

Shot:

My [36M] SO [28F] makes significantly less than me and is butthurt that I expect her to pay for a large chunk of her own expenses now that she has a steady job
Posted byu/LLJKSiLk

Chaser:

Posted byu/LLJKSiLk

E: clarity

I've been with my fiance about 3.5 years. I'm in school and disabled, so I don't bring in much money. He works full time and pays pretty much all the bills. The only bills we treat as "his" and "mine" are for our phones. We treat all money as "our" money regardless of where it comes from (we have separate money for incidentals, things we're saving for, etc..). And while I can see being frustrated if you are supporting someone 100% and don't want to, to still have a mentality of "paying out of pocket" for your SO's college after 7.5 years to seems really cold.

And that's before even taking in anything we know about this situation.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CoasterMaster posted:

jesus loving christ

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

jesus loving christ

Could someone please summarize, or does the title say it all? I don't have access to audio.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Could someone please summarize, or does the title say it all? I don't have access to audio.

The title says it all, but long story short this lady caught her husband smoking a jay and demanded that he sign over the house to her and go into rehab. She works at a law firm and called a lawyer working the radio to ask him what documents she needs to make him sign to forfeit his rights to 50% of the house. She proudly talks about how she's hanging this over him like a Sword of Damocles, where if he doesn't do it she'll tell his bosses that he smoked a weed once, and get him fired.

The lawyer is completely baffled. He spends seven minutes going to bat for this psychopath's poor husband and I don't care if this happened a decade ago, I feel so bad for this miserable fucker

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
what a dipshit.

loving myself to have leverage on my husband

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I said “I love you” he said “Right back at ya” what now?
Long time listener, first time caller.

I [28M] have been in a great relationship with my boyfriend [29M] for the last eight months. We‘re at the point that we talk every day, know each other’s friends and families, Saturday nights together are assumed, and we both have clothes and a toothbrush at the others place. All the trappings of a serious relationship.

Yesterday we were finishing a dinner date with a walk on the water, hand holding, beautiful view, and I let an “I love you” slip out, organically without thinking. First time it has been said between us.

There was a brief pause followed by “Right back at ya.”

I feel really uncomfortable about it because I don’t know where to go from here. I’ve only said the first “I love you” in a relationship once, and it was requited without issue. I don’t know whether to just let it go and not bring it up or say it again or if we should talk about it.

Thanks all in advance.

Tl;dr: I said “I love you” he said “Right back at ya” where do we go from here?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I said “I love you” he said “Right back at ya” what now?
Long time listener, first time caller.

I [28M] have been in a great relationship with my boyfriend [29M] for the last eight months. We‘re at the point that we talk every day, know each other’s friends and families, Saturday nights together are assumed, and we both have clothes and a toothbrush at the others place. All the trappings of a serious relationship.

Yesterday we were finishing a dinner date with a walk on the water, hand holding, beautiful view, and I let an “I love you” slip out, organically without thinking. First time it has been said between us.

There was a brief pause followed by “Right back at ya.”

I feel really uncomfortable about it because I don’t know where to go from here. I’ve only said the first “I love you” in a relationship once, and it was requited without issue. I don’t know whether to just let it go and not bring it up or say it again or if we should talk about it.

Thanks all in advance.

Tl;dr: I said “I love you” he said “Right back at ya” where do we go from here?

lmao hell yeah

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Doesnt that work? asking for a friend.

At least he didnt say "you too"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:laffo:

at least it wasnt a han solo or just fingerguns

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think I saw that Parks & Rec episode

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

This guy certainly isn't getting maximum pink anymore

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Girlfriend (22F) told me (25M) about past bondage arrangements and I don't know how to process it.

So I've been dating a woman for about 3-4 months, and today she told me that she gets monthly payments from a guy who meets with her 1 time every month to tie her up and uses a vibrator on her.

She told me she has still getting payments from him for the past few months we have been dating. She also told me she hasn't been meeting up with him while we've been dating even though she has been getting the payments.

For some context, she is in school and has been doing it for the extra money.

I am a laid back non religious new age type guy. I dont judge her morally or anything for doing this type of arrangement. I understand that bondage arrangements can be legitimate and arent some crazy evil thing.

However, I am emotionally very upset even though the rational side of my brain tells me this isn't a big deal. She said she will cut off this arrangement and is graduating with a good degree soon and won't need the money.

Is it valid for me to want to ask more questions about the specifics that happened? I feel like it will help me process it better if I know what more specifics about what happened.

I should also mention that rope bondage happens to be my biggest fetish. So the fact that she has been doing this with another person for over a year and getting paid for it triggers all sorts of conflicting emotions. It turns me on that she would do this, but it also scares me because she put herself in a very vulnerable position for arguably not a lot of money. (the amount of money is basically an above average car payment...)

Does anybody have advice for working through a situation like this? Is it un fair of me to have feelings about it? Should I deal with my feelings by myself and not ask her any more questions?

tldr: The woman I've been dating for about 3 months told me about how she gets paid monthly by somebody who ties her up. She stopped meeting him after we started dating but I am still emotionally shaken and need advice on how to deal with hearing this from somebody you care about.

edit: When she told me this morning I told her that it is a big fetish of mine. She told me she is interested in exploring it with me if I want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Drunk Nerds posted:

If my son went from utter gently caress-up/MISSING, loving MISSING, to straight A student who also does normal teen things like act rude to relatives and experiment with tobacco, I would be insanely happy. Just over the moon. And he's pissed. Sad lol

and he still wants approval from his father! after he was done trying to get his father to take him back, he cried to his grandmother about how his dad didn't trust him