Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

The guy that makes those has done a heap of other ones as well. Fox Sports in Australia have used them to advertise motorsport this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csEUCc5mdw8

This is the guy that makes them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nickmuzza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The Dennis Bergkamp one is really good.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

The Dennis Bergkamp one is really good.

I’m traumatized from that goal but it’s real good.

E: or was the DENNIS BERGKAMP goal the one vs Argentina?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

E: or was the DENNIS BERGKAMP goal the one vs Argentina?

yes

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

F1 2019 Preview. Hmmm i wonder what team the slow guy on the left in the orange, white and black is.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BubbaGrace posted:

F1 2019 Preview. Hmmm i wonder what team the slow guy on the left in the orange, white and black is.

He still finished the race, so can't be McLaren.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Iospace asked me to post this here as well, so here you go, my kitten arrived today. Say hello to Mango:

Who dis?

Its Mango!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Please don't photoshop pictures of my house

I want your cat

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

2019 hass

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

that's a good catte. Take good care of Mango, it'll love you (in a cat's way, but still). Cats are awesome.

I want Jaguar back on the grid. They had the best shade of green. Someone remind me, who is Jaguar now??? IIRC Renault?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

tuo posted:

that's a good catte. Take good care of Mango, it'll love you (in a cat's way, but still). Cats are awesome.

I want Jaguar back on the grid. They had the best shade of green. Someone remind me, who is Jaguar now??? IIRC Renault?

Red Bull

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The best part of silly season so far has been Motorsport's series of articles dunking on McLaren's numerous gently caress-ups: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why-2018-left-mclaren-with-no-one-else-to-blame/4314487/

This one rehashes a lot of stuff we've already heard, but I loved this part:

quote:

Development will continue to be difficult because the windtunnel at the McLaren Technology Centre is obsolete, and so 'baked in' to the building's structure that it cannot be brought up to the required standard. Under Dennis the company sought planning permission for a new facility that would house both the burgeoning McLaren Applied Technologies division and a new tunnel. But it was bounced by the planning authorities on account of its traffic impact, even though the scheme included an underground-transport system that team insiders dubbed the 'Ronorail'. McLaren has been using the Toyota tunnel in Cologne, adding an unwelcome layer of complication and expense to the team's research processes.

I had heard that the MTC design made it very difficult to expand the wind tunnel, but I think this is the first confirmation that it's impossible to do so. Also I'm not sure what's up with the MTC expansion stuff. They got permission to build a new building across the street, and no one really opposed that, but then they decided instead to add the new wind tunnel and whatnot on to the existing automotive production center, and that's where people started complaining. But those plans got approved too, and I can't find anything else saying that decision was reversed, so who knows. All this happened in 2016 so it seems more likely that it got shelved because of Ron trying to buy the company and then being forced out.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Maybe if they just had a normal loving warehouse building instead of some bespoke white elephant they could’ve expanded the wind tunnel on the existing site.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It is said that McLaren Automotive are building a new wind tunnel at the new not Ron designed factory in Sheffield, May take a while though as it’s just a giant empty warehouse rn.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

Maybe if they just had a normal loving warehouse building instead of some bespoke white elephant they could’ve expanded the wind tunnel on the existing site.

Add it to the list of Ron Problems, my friend

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ron owns but I’m the first to admit he was a deeply flawed individual.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m still pissed off that he tore down a protected ancient woodland and put in a boring flat park because he didn’t like the view from his window.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Holy goddamn that was so good. Still the best ever is "THEYYYY TOOOOOUCH MARRRRTIIIIIINNNN..."

Please make an animated version of that one my avatar, kthx.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's actually Woking

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FYI Delia Smith’s cookery course is on the iplayer if you want some 1970s cookery goodness.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

learnincurve posted:

I’m still pissed off that he tore down a protected ancient woodland and put in a boring flat park because he didn’t like the view from his window.

#missionwindow

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That's actually Woking

It doesn't look like it's woking very well.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

It is said that McLaren Automotive are building a new wind tunnel at the new not Ron designed factory in Sheffield, May take a while though as it’s just a giant empty warehouse rn.

Was it McLaren that littlecurve is working with?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ilmucche posted:

Was it McLaren that littlecurve is working with?

Automotive, she’s linked to the McLaren Composites Technology Centre via AMRC and Boeing.

Minicurve update: predicted straight 9s in her GCSEs, currently nursing a black eye because someone thought it would be funny to nail the 5ft 1” girl in Rugby and knocked her out.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

Minicurve update: predicted straight 9s in her GCSEs, currently nursing a black eye because someone thought it would be funny to nail the 5ft 1” girl in Rugby and knocked her out.

:ohdear:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is a 9 good

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I’m a 9.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
She’s fine - been checked out and no concussion, he caught her on the brow bone and left her with a shiner for all her Christmas photos.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

A++ only 3% of students got one 9.

She’s really good at presentations and remembering stuff for exams so the system loves her. There are much cleverer students but only two full scholarships to Cambridge so gently caress those guys.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Cactrot posted:

Red Bull

Thank you, friend

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Can somebody do the Simpsons 'monorail' song to 'Ronorail' please tia

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Little mclaren girl should abandon the hell hole knows as England and relocate to dreamlands a.k.a Maranello, Italy the home of Scuderia Ferrari

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

tuo posted:

Thank you, friend

Here's a little more for ya

I had completely forgotten about Spyker.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Midland

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Cactrot posted:

Here's a little more for ya

I had completely forgotten about Spyker.

Only the worst of the failteams have remained the same for their entire F1 duration.

Edit: I didn't realize that Tyrell and Minardi were around for so long, I felt like they were both shorter-lived organizations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Minardi was actually a decent midfield team for a while. Tyrrell was a championship team that went through like a nearly 20 year death spiral.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tyrell was effectively dead by 84. How it some how managed to Michael Schumacher itself into the 90s is nothing short of a miracle.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
There was a dead cat bounce between 1989-1994.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Ken Tyrrell managing to piss off the entire paddock in the early 80s was quite a feat. The guy was doing everything to keep his 5000 year old DFYs competitive. It’s kinda bullshit that Bellof and Brundle paid for his brashness.