Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

blindjoe posted:

what makes them adult?
Full of booze? You end up with a fleshlight after?

Warning: Adults only:

https://imgur.com/gallery/OsldHOD

oh baby, that's the stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Wasn't a goon in here complaining about Maryland Speed taking orders at low but not crazy prices, and then never shipping parts?
State Announces Settlement with Hollywood-based Maryland Speed
Online Retailer Will Pay Restitution and Penalties for Failing to Ship Purchased Auto Parts to Consumers

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ilkhan posted:

So. Adult Legos. Discuss.

Same.

The plural of LEGO is LEGO.

Play with LEGO all you want if it makes you happy...

Powershift posted:

Impressive fuckery right here.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Was it this thread or the last people were making great bourbon recommendations?
Might have been last month.

What's the budget and I assume it's in the UK?

Baseline guidance is get a bottle of Eagle Rare (Asda sell it of all places), £35ish.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

ilkhan posted:

I have a Millennium Falcon and a Le mans car. Both awesome gifts from my wife. One I built during Christmas break (xmas gift) and the other when I was recovering from surgery (bday gift). Each probably took 5-6 hours to build which I spread out over a few days. Fun to build and now I don't really have space to buy more, otherwise my kid will find it and destroy it in short order. I kinda want an X-wing but again, lack of space. If we ever have a boy, I guess I could turn it the Star Wars ones into a mobile (and have an excuse to get more). :3:

My buddy had to one up me and buy the crazy porsche gt3. Haven't seen it yet in person.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Might have been last month.

What's the budget and I assume it's in the UK?

Baseline guidance is get a bottle of Eagle Rare (Asda sell it of all places), £35ish.

That'll do, it's for my brother.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

ilkhan posted:

My friend has a ton, and there is definitely a point where it gets weird if your place is not large enough to prevent it from appearing that Lego are your life and not just a facet of it. That point is probably 50k blocks, or one good-sized room, behind him.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Beverly Cleavage posted:

We've got 3 and well.. there might be another one on the way? :boom: We'll see how this shakes out.

With 2, you could still go either way (SUV or van) and have great utility. Most wagon's these days still don't have the space for a rear facing seat without impacting the driver/front passenger, which blows.
If they still made the mazda 5, I'd push for something like that in your case. That said.. man.. even with just 2 kids our '15 odyssey is great. Loads of space for anything, and while not the most powerful engine in Honda's lineup, is still great and quiet/smooth. By comparison, our rental '18 grand caravan for a trip to New Orleans was hot garbage in every way.

Good luck, no matter what.

PSA: The Jaguar XF-S wagon is here. There's $15k on the hood because none of you fucks even knew it was a thing.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

ooh you're dirty

ilkhan posted:

Same.

Do it.

The jeep brute (8110 original) and bobcat(8043 original) are scratchbuilds, the crane is a kitbash between 8258 and 8053.

...I should actually 3d print the parts to make the slushy in the jeep work

doogle
May 24, 2003

heffray posted:

Wasn't a goon in here complaining about Maryland Speed taking orders at low but not crazy prices, and then never shipping parts?
Online Retailer Will Pay Restitution and Penalties for Failing to Ship Purchased Auto Parts to Consumers

I almost ordered my headers from them before I checked everyone complaining about them on the SS forums. Basically, they sell things at a group buy price but don’t tell you it is a group buy wait time. So then you wait x months or y years to get your part and they will not cancel your order without a fee.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Mr-Spain posted:

So I don't think I need an excuse to go to a car show, but I'm trying to get some buds to go to Radwood in Austin next February the 23rd. As far as I know it's at Driveway Austin Motorsports as far as I can tell right now. So anyone in Austin or around there (I'm going from Houston) we can meet up for 80's-90's car whatnot. Entrance is ten bucks, to show a car (1980-1999) is $30. Kids 12 and under free.

I missed the radwood show at road Altanta earlier this year and I wish I could go.

It should be a really good time.

I have a friend that recently moved to Austin and I'm trying to meet up with him but given my work schedule probably not :(

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mr-Spain posted:

So I don't think I need an excuse to go to a car show, but I'm trying to get some buds to go to Radwood in Austin next February the 23rd. As far as I know it's at Driveway Austin Motorsports as far as I can tell right now. So anyone in Austin or around there (I'm going from Houston) we can meet up for 80's-90's car whatnot. Entrance is ten bucks, to show a car (1980-1999) is $30. Kids 12 and under free.

I may need to plan a trip to Austin (from Dallas) just for the hell of it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Merry Christmas to me!

My first Surly, and my first new (to me) bike in a long time. It's rad and rides like dream :allears:

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

heffray posted:

Hot drat! That was me. Got my headers but nothing else. Let’s see if I get any of my $700 I’m owed back. Thanks for the heads up.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Merry Christmas to me!

My first Surly, and my first new (to me) bike in a long time. It's rad and rides like dream :allears:

Huh, I didn't know rear-only brakes were a thing. I obviously knew you could throw yourself over the handlebars if you hit only the front brakes hard, but I always figured you still wanted both because of weight transfer limiting rear braking. How much does a bike like that weigh?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Merry Christmas to me!

Grats! Is that also a single speed? First rule in bike pictures is post it from the cassette side. :colbert:

Is that a Lowside? Hard to tell from the pics and some things have been swapped. Either way, I don't think it's supposed to not have front brakes. :ohdear:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 18, 2018

Aws
Dec 5, 2005
Figured I'd do this here instead of the recommendation thread. So I've been in Germany for over a year now, and it's finally car time. How do I decide between an ND MX-5 and an i30N? I've been agonizing for about three weeks, went to see both at dealers (didn't do test drives yet), and watched a hundred YouTube videos. I'm still no closer to deciding.

i30N
+270 PS + Autobahn
+More practical
+Great long distance cruiser
+Obnoxious exhaust
-Fake rear diffuser looks awful
-Probably the worst example of gluing a tablet to the top of a screen. It's even worse in person with the piano black trim.
-FWD
=We already have her Fiat Panda so it's not absolutely necessary to add more utility to our lives.

MX-5
+Had an NC for 4 years and loved it
+2019 has 186 PS
+Definitely forever car material
+Really beautiful interior
-If it's anything like my NC, it's really not going to be fun for long drives, especially for the wife.
-It's really really useless for anything other than driving.

They're both going to be around 30k euros. I really want a new car, but to make it even worse there are plenty of 987 Caymans in my price range, although fixing stuff is going to hurt. Not to mention that a new Fiesta ST would be about 10k less and I'm not entirely sure it'll be less fun than an i30N. GT86 or whatever it's called here makes sense on paper, but I've been pretty meh about it since it came out.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

64bit_Dophins posted:

I missed the radwood show at road Altanta earlier this year and I wish I could go.

It should be a really good time.

I have a friend that recently moved to Austin and I'm trying to meet up with him but given my work schedule probably not :(

Darchangel posted:

I may need to plan a trip to Austin (from Dallas) just for the hell of it.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Huh, I didn't know rear-only brakes were a thing. I obviously knew you could throw yourself over the handlebars if you hit only the front brakes hard, but I always figured you still wanted both because of weight transfer limiting rear braking. How much does a bike like that weigh?
It absolutely should have front brakes on it.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The plural of LEGO is LEGO.

Glad it's not just my eye that twitches when people get this wrong

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

hay wanna play with my legos?

:buddy:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

freelop posted:

Glad it's not just my eye that twitches when people get this wrong

Hey you wanna play with a legos?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
New floor, who dis?

I was able to do the entire master suite without a doorway seam. I need to do some small detail work in the closet and I'll be ready to nail the baseboards back in.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cars.................. are bad.

that is all.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
What if cars...are good?

E: What the gently caress, Scottsdale has robot grocery cars?!

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
While waiting for my Jeep to sell, so I can buy a new Civic SI I've been looking at a Passat GT also and I dunno. Probably would be a dumb choice, but could be fun.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Queen Combat posted:

What if cars...are good?

E: What the gently caress, Scottsdale has robot grocery cars?!

If cars were good they'd always break in the way you thought they did and prepared for.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Fender Anarchist posted:

If cars were good they'd always break in the way you thought they did and prepared for.

Wait until you fix the thing you think is broken now and then it turns out that it was the thing that you originally thought was broken, that is in fact, broken.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It has brackets for front brakes (disc or V), it just didn't come with any. The guy I bought it from said he bought it that way too lol. Not sure how much it weighs but it's lighter than i thought it would be. It's a cromoly frame and fork which I love, tired of rigid-rear end alloy.

Suburban Dad posted:

Grats! Is that also a single speed? First rule in bike pictures is post it from the cassette side. :colbert:

Is that a Lowside? Hard to tell from the pics and some things have been swapped. Either way, I don't think it's supposed to not have front brakes. :ohdear:

Yeah it's single speed. Plans are to convert to a shimano Alfine 8 speed hub eventually. I think someone built this bike custom and just never put front brakes on it. Gonna do that eventually as well, I'm new to disc brakes on bikes and it seems they are pretty polarizing as some people love them and others hate them. So I have to figure out whats gonna work best for me, any advice on that topic would be great actually.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Double post because this is awesome engineering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoxhDk-hwuo

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

I saw the link floating around but I didn't expect it to be so good. Wow.

They shouldn't have blurred people's faces, though. loving thieves.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Saw that last night. Amazing job.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I really, really think it's fake (sets four expensive phones down carefully, everybody verbalizes their actions), but still love it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I guess a nail bomb wouldn't be reusable.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Queen Combat posted:

I really, really think it's fake (sets four expensive phones down carefully, everybody verbalizes their actions), but still love it.

Now that you mention it, I'm really surprised none of the thieves smashed it to pieces in anger.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Yeah it's single speed. Plans are to convert to a shimano Alfine 8 speed hub eventually. I think someone built this bike custom and just never put front brakes on it. Gonna do that eventually as well, I'm new to disc brakes on bikes and it seems they are pretty polarizing as some people love them and others hate them. So I have to figure out whats gonna work best for me, any advice on that topic would be great actually.

I'm fairly sure that anyone making GBS threads on disc brakes on a bike is a cafe racer who wouldn't dare ride their bike in anything other than perfect weather or some weird hipster. There's no real weight penalty anymore, they are more reliable and allow for better wheel profiles. Plus... there is not a shred of doubt they will stop you far better in the wet and they don't suffer from rim brake over heating issues. Rim brakes do suffer from metal buildup in the wet with can ruin your rims nice and quick. Also hydralic disc brakes are amazing to use - the modulation and thence ability to stop is great.

Ive always found bombing down hills with discs is faster - mostly due to being able to brake later with more confidence. It's not like I have cheap rim brakes on my bikes either- it's all Dura-Ace, best pads I can find that match the wheels I am using, top line rims etc. Any new bike I get going forward will be disc

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I remember reading about how mountain bike riders hate them because they over heat too quickly? Idk, but I'm gonna start pricing poo poo out. Hydraulic discs sound great, would love to go that route but I'm guessing $$$.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
They really aren't that expensive now.

In perfect conditions, a good V brake is a hell of a thing, but for all round "just works", get discs.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Hooray for HOAs. After 12 years of parking in front of my garage door, I'm no longer allowed to because too many other assholes point at me when they try to park in front of their garage doors and stick out in to the fire lane.

My board president did ask me ahead of time and said it was going to be temporary but still.

Now I find myself wishing I'd gotten my R running sooner because not only is my convertible outside, it'll be two blocks away on the street now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

I remember reading about how mountain bike riders hate them because they over heat too quickly? Idk, but I'm gonna start pricing poo poo out. Hydraulic discs sound great, would love to go that route but I'm guessing $$$.

Discs having overheating issues........? Only after rim brakes would have given up. And TBH it's kinda bizarre hearing any MTB'er would be whining about discs, as a group they migrated very quickly due to their sport being exactly where discs work so so much better than rim brakes - there barely anything above low end that doesnt have discs now and even then, cheap bikes are getting discs

Hydro brakes have gotten down price, def worth checking them out