Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

my chudly cousin married a nice mexican woman like 10 years ago and they had a kid. apparently he's been serially cheating on her and she's been carefully documenting it and now she's divorcing him and taking the kid. she got her citizenship when they married and im p sure he was assuming that it was some sort of contingency thing that goes away if she ever leaves him 😂

the origin story of your typical mra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

"we have to balance the budget somehow" says person who doesn't understand state budgeting, but often hears people on Fox News say how important it is.

oh no you see its super easy just like your own personal budget!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

In Kentucky the state government is colluding with mine operators to diagnose people with black lung with, well... pretty much anything except black lung.

I think I read something about like one doctor in WV that all the mine companies send their employees to because he's guaranteed to say its not blacklung

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Equeen posted:

the origin story of your typical mra

basically, yeah, except he can't blame stuck up american feminazis for him only loving women from places where his cubicle-jockey income lets him play richie rich.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

WHY doesn't this hell administration that promised to kill everyone care about my very specific needs and circumstances?!?!? I voted for you!!!!

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

The Dipshit posted:

Eh, more right than wrong. I had one classmate suck down a shotgun shell because he figured it'd be less painful than being lynched for being gay.

What state was this?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Dipshit posted:

Eh, more right than wrong. I had one classmate suck down a shotgun shell because he figured it'd be less painful than being lynched for being gay.

Holy poo poo, I'm so sorry :(

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

my chudly cousin married a nice mexican woman like 10 years ago and they had a kid. apparently he's been serially cheating on her and she's been carefully documenting it and now she's divorcing him and taking the kid. she got her citizenship when they married and im p sure he was assuming that it was some sort of contingency thing that goes away if she ever leaves him 😂

As someone who's gone through the process of getting a status upgrade for a spouse, I don't understand how you could be confused about your spouse's status. "Hey remember that insanely involved thing you spent a full year on in your third year of marriage? Yeah that, uh, mattered."

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dr.Caligari posted:

What state was this?

Rural Louisiana, i.e not New Orleans or Baton Rouge (the college town/state capitol)

CommissarMega posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm so sorry :(

poo poo sucks, even 15 years later. I will say this: raise a toast to marriage equality next time you have a drink, comrade. It's helped change the social landscape a lot, hearing from people who stayed. Still wildly racist though.

The Dipshit has issued a correction as of 03:58 on Dec 18, 2018

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

30.5 Days posted:

As someone who's gone through the process of getting a status upgrade for a spouse, I don't understand how you could be confused about your spouse's status. "Hey remember that insanely involved thing you spent a full year on in your third year of marriage? Yeah that, uh, mattered."

i haven't asked him his specific understanding of the law and when everything becomes permanent, but it wouldn't be the first time a trump voter had gaping holes in their understanding of immigration laws. i also heard from his soon-to-be ex-wife that he had been actively dissuading her from improving her english or finding a job. so citizenship or no, keeping her dependent on him was definitely his plan. glad she isn't taking his bullshit anymore

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Dipshit posted:

Rural Louisiana, i.e not New Orleans or Baton Rouge (the college town/state capitol)

poo poo sucks, even 15 years later. I will say this: raise a toast to marriage equality next time you have a drink, comrade. It's helped change the social landscape a lot, hearing from people who stayed. Still wildly racist though.

people in nola get so mad if you call it the "new orleans-baton rouge economic corridor"

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i haven't asked him his specific understanding of the law and when everything becomes permanent, but it wouldn't be the first time a trump voter had gaping holes in their understanding of immigration laws. i also heard from his soon-to-be ex-wife that he had been actively dissuading her from improving her english or finding a job. so citizenship or no, keeping her dependent on him was definitely his plan. glad she isn't taking his bullshit anymore

He sounds like a piece of poo poo and I hope he gets dick cancer.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Tashilicious posted:

He sounds like a piece of poo poo and I hope he gets dick cancer.

yeah, my family has a long line of shitheads that i try to avoid contact with :sigh:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

quote:

GF dumped me for supporting Trump - how do I get her back?

I've been dating Laura for two months, and she came over to my apartment for the first time Friday night. She saw my MAGA hat on the couch and asked if I'm a Trump supporter. I said yes, and Laura told me we have incompatible ideas for the future and left. I've tried calling, texting, and emailing her, and she hasn't replied yet. We hadn't talked about politics much, but Laura's an amazing girl and I thought she was the one.

I've tried explaining to her that I'm not one of those misogynistic Trump voters, I just want America to be safe and the economy to be good, which they have been. How do I get her back?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Brexit voters learning they're going to die from brexit

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jose posted:

Brexit voters learning they're going to die from brexit

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/stat...ingawful.com%2F

like, what motivation does the EU have to "make a deal" though

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

zegermans posted:

They'll kill innocent people if they don't.
Good gracious Europe, have you no dignity?!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

zegermans posted:

There is a deal nobody likes and we can also not brexit or even do a bunch of other things. Theresa may is threatening no deal to get MPs to vote for her poo poo deal

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

this one made me smile

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

I think it would be pretty funny if they made the UK suffer, Greek style, for a decade and then took them back when it becomes the cultural and economic backwater it was always meant to be

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ElGroucho posted:

I think it would be pretty funny if they made the UK suffer, Greek style, for a decade and then took them back when it becomes the cultural and economic backwater it was always meant to be

Orwell posted:

It is so easy to be witty about the British Empire. The White Man’s Burden and ‘Rule, Britannia’ and Kipling’s novels and Anglo-Indian bores—who could even mention such things without a snigger? And is there any cultured person who has not at least once in his life made a joke about that old Indian havildar who said that if the British left India there would not be a rupee or a virgin left between Peshawar and Delhi (or wherever it was)? That is the attitude of the typical left-winger towards imperialism, and a thoroughly flabby, boneless attitude it is. For in the last resort, the only important question is. Do you want the British Empire to hold together or do you want it to disintegrate? And at the bottom of his heart no Englishman, least of all the kind of person who is witty about Anglo-Indian colonels, does want it to disintegrate. For, apart from any other consideration, the high standard of life we enjoy in England depends upon our keeping a tight hold on the Empire, particularly the tropical portions of it such as India and Africa. Under the capitalist system, in order that England may live in comparative comfort, a hundred million Indians must live on the verge of starvation—an evil state of affairs, but you acquiesce in it every time you step into a taxi or eat a plate of strawberries and cream. The alternative is to throw the Empire overboard and reduce England to a cold and unimportant little island where we should all have to work very hard and live mainly on herrings and potatoes.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

None

https://twitter.com/channel4news/status/1073553013581770753

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

The U.K. is playing politics with from a position that they instigated and they still manage to be surprised about the rest of Europe's position on it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

An insane mind posted:

The U.K. is playing politics with from a position that they instigated and they still manage to be surprised about the rest of Europe's position on it.

The best part is that the torries are angry that Ireland is basically driving the EU's negotiations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

An insane mind posted:

Americans don't understand that America deserved 9/11

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

no deal brexit is a lot worse than what happened to greece. you're talking mass food and medicine shortages

multiple members of our governemnt also want it to get a trade deal with the US that will get us on your food standards and kill the NHS

Jose has issued a correction as of 16:56 on Dec 18, 2018

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

It's really loving funny when Brexit voters whine about how the EU is "punishing" the UK

You voted to leave the club, dumbass, the club doesn't have to extend any of its perks to you once you're out

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

the best thing is that it's so transparently indefensible and humiliating. lol forever

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Imagine getting clowned on by Luxembourg.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OhFunny posted:

luxembourg recently voted to move to a 3 day week, free public transport and legal weed

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

OhFunny posted:

Its like they're just now learning what the entire point of the EU is. Luxembourg, like all member states, speaks with the power of the entire EU behind it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

luxembourg recently voted to move to a 3 day week, free public transport and legal weed

sounds pretty nice

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Luxenmbowns????

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

hobbesmaster posted:

, speaks with the power of the entire EU behind it.

But 3/4 of their nukes left

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Thats the cool thing though, Britain isn't leaving NATO and neither is the US

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Quote-Unquote posted:

It's really loving funny when Brexit voters whine about how the EU is "punishing" the UK

You voted to leave the club, dumbass, the club doesn't have to extend any of its perks to you once you're out
The extent to which Brexiters believe they have leverage over the EU, that the EU will be desperate to make all kinds of concessions, is just the most amazing thing.

It makes Trump's promise to make Mexico pay for the wall look like sharp-eyed realpolitik by contrast.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

ikanreed posted:

oh dude, did you think the nukes we gave you were real? cardboard shells, every one.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

ikanreed posted:

France has more of them and more varied nuclear weapons than the UK tho? All the UK has operational at any one point is a second strike submarine with maybe thirty-something warheads.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Get ready for tweets in 3. 2. 1.

https://twitter.com/gelles/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Watch this for freakout: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3713681/posts