Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sweet As Sin posted:

I hope the hard times pass soon.

I liked my makeup

Have some kittens to cheer you up

Cocada (coconut candy)

Freddie Mercury and Billy Idol

David Bowie

Mail me a pair of big boyz.

Sigh Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

how I look today

how I feel inside

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

how I feel inside

Awesome??

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

how I feel inside

Like a loving awesome nightmare terror witch, able to take on the world through sheer force of will and hate?

"Metal as gently caress"?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

~~~just girly things~~~

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

how I look today

how I feel inside

Ive had a Mari Lwyd profile pic on Facebook for a couple weeks now for that very reason. I'm now stockpiling skeletons with cats for when the holidays are over.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Horsey McHorseface posted:

Teagan, your nose is fabulous and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Srsly

At least you're not stuck with my Karl Maldenesque Hiberno-hebraic Honker. It's big like a pickle but I'm still getting paid

Hate Crime Edition

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I am French, but I didn't get a cute little french nose, I got my grandmother's big scottish honker. It is really dumb, I know, and vain. But it bothers me a lot. I love SA, but those early days, when I was just a teenager, man, that ate at my confidence. You folks, however, make me feel great about the great big weirdo I am, and I hope that I can do the same for all of you beautiful people!

(Sorry Sweet As Sin, I have been creeping your Insta soooo hard, I can't help but love every single photo of your cats)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Teagan posted:

I am French, but I didn't get a cute little french nose, I got my grandmother's big scottish honker. It is really dumb, I know, and vain. But it bothers me a lot. I love SA, but those early days, when I was just a teenager, man, that ate at my confidence. You folks, however, make me feel great about the great big weirdo I am, and I hope that I can do the same for all of you beautiful people!

(Sorry Sweet As Sin, I have been creeping your Insta soooo hard, I can't help but love every single photo of your cats)

You are cool and sexy

Also thanks everyone for the good vibes, i will post my picture very soon

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Teagan posted:

My male polish coworker use to respond to comments about his GIANT nose with “to you it’s a big nose but to my wife it’s a sex toy”.

Lech 1
Nose haters 0

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

My male polish coworker use to respond to comments about his GIANT nose with “to you it’s a big nose but to my wife it’s a sex toy”.

Lech 1
Nose haters 0

hahahha NICE

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

I am predisposed to find everyone cute. Except me. And I paid a lot of money for my face.

Portrait of cat by way of self depreciation tax.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

lookslikerain posted:

I am predisposed to find everyone cute. Except me. And I paid a lot of money for my face.
I got mine for free, so I guess you get what you pay for :v:

I think you're adorable

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Teagan posted:

I think your nose is wonderful. I never liked my little one because I don't like how flat my face in profile looks.

We all have insecurities but just know I'm jealous of your nose!

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

Teagan posted:

Lol you should see the size of my (French) boyfriend's nose.

it's enormous but I love him all the same

Love yourself and love your features! You're the only one here who doesn't.
:)
e: that last bit is also valid for anyone else who needs it.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

This was probably the first year of being on SA, and I don't think I had grown into my nose yet, and still had babyface a bit :) I look at it now, and think to myself " that's really not that bad, girl".

You are all so accepting and open minded, and I just love it. The old SA... well.. wasn't. hahahaha. :)

I am getting mushy because I am emotional over tomorrow and can't seem to keep myself distracted.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Teagan for what it's worth I think you are gorgeous and your nose is beautiful. People can be very lovely, I barely posted on the older SA because I'm a sensitive person, but now I really enjoy it.

I hope tomorrow goes fantastic.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Sweet As Sin posted:

Teagan for what it's worth I think you are gorgeous and your nose is beautiful. People can be very lovely, I barely posted on the older SA because I'm a sensitive person, but now I really enjoy it.

I hope tomorrow goes fantastic.

I was showing my fiance your insta the other day, " this is my really pretty goon friend, and all of her amazing cats". I think of all of you as my friends. Maybe that is an Elder Millennial thing. But I do. Especially since having several of you on fb and such chatting for over a year now, and messaging back and forth in pm's for years. This thread really brought me out of my shell. I don't post much at all in any of the other forums, but I see that you guys do, and it's great. I would love to be party of The Stupid Internet Club, but I am far too shy for that, which is silly, as I am not actually that shy at all, and don't mind plastering my face, and name, all over the place here, or posting myself singing or whatever.

If I didn't mention it before, my mother was really, extremely touched by you goons supporting her fundraiser, she's known about SA ( the non scary parts ) from the beginning and I think she wishes she could participate. I will try to get a holiday photo of her smiling, for all of you :)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Teagan posted:

This was probably the first year of being on SA, and I don't think I had grown into my nose yet, and still had babyface a bit :) I look at it now, and think to myself " that's really not that bad, girl".
Nah, they were just being horrible.Back in--what, `03?--there was a lot more Queen Bee vibe thing going on with some of the girls.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Nah, they were just being horrible.Back in--what, `03?--there was a lot more Queen Bee vibe thing going on with some of the girls.

Yeah, that would have been early '02 through like '04, where all girls were either.... Attention Whores, or Wacky FYAD junkies. I didn't MEAN to be an attention whore, but I very much got labeled one. I just wanted to play with the nerdy boys.

I was saying to someone the other day ( FreshFeesh?) how much I missed the old Digital Camera Request threads in GBS, where it was a novelty, and people would take others' ideas for poses and tableaux. I thought it was great. Now we have photos of our lunches on instagram and cats everywhere. The cats... are an incredibly advancement in internet technology. And now there are goonettes everywhere, and we don't all hate each other, or call each other names, we get in pm's and talk to each other. I LOVE IT

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LingcodKilla posted:

I wrote the name that wont be mentioned on a piece of paper and fed it to a fire with a simple pray of itchy underwear bands to forever torment them.
I like your style.

Sweet As Sin posted:

Cocada (coconut candy)

oh, my, GOD.

Teagan posted:

Yeah, that would have been early '02 through like '04, where all girls were either.... Attention Whores, or Wacky FYAD junkies. I didn't MEAN to be an attention whore, but I very much got labeled one. I just wanted to play with the nerdy boys.
Within like two days of signing up for SA and posting in GBS I got a huge redtext title that yelled ATTENTION WHORING oval office multiple times in a row :saddowns: So that went on for a while past '04 too

In fairness I hadn't realized SA's chat culture was super different from the sites I was used to and didn't fit in too well at first. I tended to have super bubbly, smiley-ladened sentences and when another goonette told me to shut the gently caress up I was like I'm a girl that's just how I type :downs:

She didn't like that.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

This was my last day volunteering at my favorite aquarium, where I was one of their divers. Their sea turtle headbutted me and slapped my hand with his fin, so I guess I made some friends there?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Icon Of Sin posted:

This was my last day volunteering at my favorite aquarium, where I was one of their divers. Their sea turtle headbutted me and slapped my hand with his fin, so I guess I made some friends there?

Oh man I'm so envious, that must have been incredible!

Not quite the same but here is a very very good girl I saw at work the other day :3:

Her owner dropped her off to get her vaccines while he picked his daughter up from school and she did NOT like being in a kennel. Luckily for her we were all enormous suckers for that goddamn face and so she got to hang with us the whole time.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Me (guitar) with the guy who would eventually become the singer in my band... two of the guys in that band are playing stadiums and are nominated for a Grammy now! (Between the Buried and Me)

AND -- I'm like 80% sure Icon of Sin (hi!) is just off camera here. We were skateboarding beforehand. This was uhh... 2000? 2001?

Quoting you so you see this

Count Thrashula has a new favorite as of 02:20 on Dec 19, 2018

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hello I have a kitten and sometimes a face

His name is Mango and it's his second day home. He has already drawn blood once. A good catte of many spots.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Not quite the same but here is a very very good girl I saw at work the other day :3:

Her owner dropped her off to get her vaccines while he picked his daughter up from school and she did NOT like being in a kennel. Luckily for her we were all enormous suckers for that goddamn face and so she got to hang with us the whole time.

D’awww, what a goodgirl :3: Shelldon is the resident sea turtle there, and he’s ridiculously photogenic.

We’ve got a bubble window on the lower floor of the exhibit, and he hangs out there sometimes :)

e:

:hfive:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Big Dog (chocolate lab/mastiff mix), was a favorite at my vets. I always got told how good he was and that the techs used to let him follow during feeding time for the kenneled pets. He was also one of those dogs that calmed other dogs by being so mellow and chill all the time.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Carth Dookie posted:

Hello I have a kitten and sometimes a face

His name is Mango and it's his second day home. He has already drawn blood once. A good catte of many spots.
I love Mango :allears:

Icon Of Sin posted:

D’awww, what a goodgirl :3: Shelldon is the resident sea turtle there, and he’s ridiculously photogenic.

We’ve got a bubble window on the lower floor of the exhibit, and he hangs out there sometimes :)
I love Shelldon!!!!!

Proteus Jones posted:

Big Dog (chocolate lab/mastiff mix), was a favorite at my vets. I always got told how good he was and that the techs used to let him follow during feeding time for the kenneled pets. He was also one of those dogs that calmed other dogs by being so mellow and chill all the time.
I bet I would have loved Big Dog :3: Dogs that are super chill and happy to be handled are a blessing, because dogs, like birds and unlike cats, seem to often feed off of their nearby compatriots' emotion. Great, if they're nervous and watching us interact with a friendly, well-socialized, relaxed animal. Potentially nightmarish if they're watching us handle one that's violent or freaking out.

Cats are a double-edged sword because they seem to just form their own opinion on everything, regardless of their peers :lol:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The old SA forums were a different beast, with a much younger average age! I think even those of us who were there in '03 and stuck around have mellowed over time (I certainly have).

Personally I prefer the forums now, but I know that there are those who don't, and to you, I say: I'm sorry things change, but we still raised a bunch of money for your new spine so we're not all bad

Teagan I hope your posting in here today means your surgery went well!!

Here are our cats, tessellating:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’m still a dork.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Personally I prefer the forums now, but I know that there are those who don't, and to you, I say: I'm sorry things change, but we still raised a bunch of money for your new spine so we're not all bad
:laffo:

And YES Teagan please tell us how everything went!!!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

It is tomorrow morning. All my posting is raw nerves leading up to it. Bright and early tomorrow :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My post stands :love:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Teagan posted:

It is tomorrow morning. All my posting is raw nerves leading up to it. Bright and early tomorrow :)

Good luck from 30ft down!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sweet As Sin posted:

I hope the hard times pass soon.

I liked my makeup

Have some kittens to cheer you up

Cocada (coconut candy)

Freddie Mercury and Billy Idol

David Bowie

I am absolutely here for you and your kittens always. :kimchi:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Hey best wishes to those of you struggling with health or life or whatevevs.

Cheers!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

Me (guitar) with the guy who would eventually become the singer in my band... two of the guys in that band are playing stadiums and are nominated for a Grammy now! (Between the Buried and Me)

AND -- I'm like 80% sure Icon of Sin (hi!) is just off camera here. We were skateboarding beforehand. This was uhh... 2000? 2001?

Quoting you so you see this

You definitely live up to your name and playing with the dudes from Between the Buried and Me is awesome. Those guys put on such an incredible show, I have seen them at so many small, dingy clubs and they rock out like it's a massive venue. So jelaous of you.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

I don't know why my museum has this mirror, but they do.

I hope you all feel better soonest.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Scathach posted:

Right? I found one we can afford but it's in a country club situation and I already personally know some of the neighbors are assholes. We would rent for a while but you know...big scary murderhound.

This is a good dog. I would pet that dog.

With this old chat, I didn't even start lurking until 2007. I feel like a baby around all of you.

Here is a picture of me at my grandmas from 5 years ago. It's the oldest picture on my phone. The orange and white English Cocker is Paige. She was my old dog and is gone now :( she was a very good snuggler.
The blue roan lying on me is Patsy. She was my grandma's favorite and would talk kind of. It was super cute. The one sitting on me was Satchel. He was one of the most beautiful English Cockers alive and was her last grand champion. He actually smelled the cancer in her stomach and is part of how they caught it early enough to buy her another almost two years.

Sorry about the long post. I miss those doggies and my Grandma and hadn't looked at that picture in a long time.

RC Cola has a new favorite as of 15:05 on Dec 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

PurdWerfect posted:

I don't know why my museum has this mirror, but they do.

I hope you all feel better soonest.

He

L O N G