Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Ravens are back baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm sorry Ravens.

I'm posting from next Saturday night

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a neat cape posted:

I'm sorry Ravens.

I'm posting from next Saturday night

You were just barely able to put away the Bengals, so I wouldn't get too cocky :)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

You were just barely able to put away the Bengals, so I wouldn't get too cocky :)

The Bengals beat you

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

The Bengals beat you

well yeah they always do! we're cursed against them. The Marvin Lewis curse.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

a neat cape posted:

The Bengals beat you

the broncos beat u

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

the broncos beat u

I'm not using that as a game to predict outcomes of another game. UNLIKE KAWALIMUS

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I'm not using that as a game to predict outcomes of another game. UNLIKE KAWALIMUS

I never made a prediction! I just said don't get too cocky. I think we're getting blown out.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Play posted:

the Ravens are the coolest team in football right now and it is all due to Lamar Jackson, who is the loving man

baker mayfield is pretty cool too. the steelers are cool for this week because they just bear the Patriots. the Bengals are not cool right now. hopefully this is answered everyone's questions ill be here until wednesday

the ravens are a very boring team to watch and lamar jackson is really loving bad

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://youtu.be/4MbU15JfQFA

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Roasted Donut posted:

the ravens are a very boring team to watch and lamar jackson is really loving bad

Your quarterback is a rapist

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat the Browns are just so great.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Your quarterback is a rapist

Which has nothing to do with the post at hand.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It has to do with the raping

Dalton is benched

mixon killed his wife

basement brengals

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
why do steelers fans become hostile when other afcn teams thrive

were all a family namaste

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why do birds suddenly appear every time pop dog cheers

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roasted Donut posted:

this jesus christ. i feel like im taking crazy pills. this is basically a bog standard ravens team except the qb will also run for 70 yards and fumble like 3 times. i guess that’s exciting somehow, but ball control style offenses arent exactly riveting

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

its not a bad offense, not nearly as some of the unwatchable ravens trash, and actually suited decently to face certain high scoring teams like the chiefs or steelers, but good god its anything but exciting.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I love watching it personally. It's great when Jackson successfully tricks them and breaks a big gain. I never understood why passing is considered inherently more "exciting" than running. To me if you have a successful rushing offense like we're doing now it's just as good.

We've gotten lucky enough to play lots of bad run defenses in a row so if we start getting stifled a lot it will suck to watch. But right now I'm liking it.

Early Michael Vick was maybe my favorite non-Ravens QB of all time.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lol just lol if you're bored by the read option

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I love watching d ends having to respect the qb keep as the rb slices through for big gains

Yall need to learn to enjoy watching the story and strategy of a game unfold

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I love watching it personally. It's great when Jackson successfully tricks them and breaks a big gain. I never understood why passing is considered inherently more "exciting" than running. To me if you have a successful rushing offense like we're doing now it's just as good.

We've gotten lucky enough to play lots of bad run defenses in a row so if we start getting stifled a lot it will suck to watch. But right now I'm liking it.

Early Michael Vick was maybe my favorite non-Ravens QB of all time.

Look at this correct post LOOK AT IT

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m looking at it.

schmug
May 20, 2007

So Jackson murders dogs as well? Not sure I get the comparison.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Oberst posted:

Look at this correct post LOOK AT IT

you can't make me look at kawalimus posts.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Oberst posted:

I love watching d ends having to respect the qb keep as the rb slices through for big gains

Yall need to learn to enjoy watching the story and strategy of a game unfold

yeah I love watching him get crushed from behind and fumble the ball on a possible game winning drive, or missing a throw on a screen pass. i love holding my breath when he actually drops back to pass. haven't clenched my butthole this regularly since boller.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

yeah I love watching him get crushed from behind and fumble the ball on a possible game winning drive, or missing a throw on a screen pass. i love holding my breath when he actually drops back to pass. haven't clenched my butthole this regularly since boller.

don't worry. He'll be dead soon enough.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Wait are you talking about Flacco? ????????

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Oberst posted:

Wait are you talking about Flacco? ????????

hence my "same old ravens bullshit offense". swap out ray rice dumpoff passes when no one's open with lamar jackson scrambles when no one's open

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

One of my favorite games I attended was in 2000 against the Cowboys. It was the first time John Madden did commentary on a Ravens game. Jamal Lewis just ran over the Cowboys defense. He had 28 carries for 180-some yards but never had a run longer than 18 yards. So that's over 6 yards per carry. It was so great to watch and the Ravens won 27-0. It was one of Troy Aikman's last games. Shannon Sharpe had a touchdown too.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Roasted Donut posted:

lol @ you and everything about you

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Where do you download games from?

Back when I lived in Korea I had game-pass. Before when I lived out of market I had some source for torrents, I think it was pirate bay but this was like pre-2010.

At this point if you claim you don't know how I am avoiding financing the NFL I assume you're being disingenuous, I've explained it enough times that you should be aware if you care enough to ask.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I actually wasn't aware of any available torrents. Obviously streams are everywhere but that's not super useful when I'm working through the game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Again this was 200Xs so iunno if it exists anymore.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Eifert Posting posted:

Back when I lived in Korea I had game-pass. Before when I lived out of market I had some source for torrents, I think it was pirate bay but this was like pre-2010.

There are still some places to get them reliably, having just checked. If anyone would like that information PM me.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

At this point if you claim you don't know how I am avoiding financing the NFL I assume you're being disingenuous, I've explained it enough times that you should be aware if you care enough to ask.

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
always good

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Oberst posted:

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I wish the Bengals won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I read a article today about "nfl insider expert" ian rapoport claiming the bengals as a possible landing for flacco