Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

How do you get syndicate rep back to neutral? Im doing steel meridian and i also did some red veil stuff before realizing its supposed to be left three or right three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

ughhhh posted:

How do you get syndicate rep back to neutral? Im doing steel meridian and i also did some red veil stuff before realizing its supposed to be left three or right three.

Talk to the syndicate leader, get a sigil, stick it on your warframe and grind.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013

alphabettitouretti posted:

MERRY CHRISTMASHAPPY HOLIDAYS

FREE poo poo.

Forma 3-pack | AwesomeSA | TomatoSaucy | etripz
reactor or catalyst | Estel |
frame slot | ABigDumbBus | PropagandaHour | ewolf20 | shutteredin | KaronaFalseGod
(2x) inventory slots | AugustusLove
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack draugalen
Tigris Prime MelvinBison
Tiberon Prime Rarden
Silva & Aegis Prime TuxedoCatfish
Hydroid Prime Spuckuk
Mirage Prime Chefbot
Valkyr Prime Olagoob

You must be under MR16. PC only, natch.

Choose one. Reply to this and say what you want, including your IGN.

If no one takes those Riven slots I'll have them. IGN: Slothybara.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Alrighty! I found Mesa Prime, so everything should be going out by the end of the week. Merry Tennobaum, everyone!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The new Nidus helmet is a treasure.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm glad I finally hit the point in mr where new guns are cool. Mastered vanilla ignis, lenz, quartakk in the past few days and just started arca plasmor this morning, all fun as hell to use

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It’s open state is just pure nightmare.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is Mesa prime farmable at all?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

clone on the phone posted:

Is Mesa prime farmable at all?

Yup, so is the Redeemer and Akjagara Prime - get relics, run void fissures

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

or do pub fissures, pick up free loot

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

This is what the end game actually looks like.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

:perfect:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pubbies trying to :orb: 4 sure is a thing.

Running way way outside my trin's bless zone. Dying far far away.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The Guyver?!?!?!

IMmmma fuggen buy rite naow

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So, does anyone want to do 'An Idiot's guide to Orbing'? I fumbled through one last night and we managed to bring it down, but it was a slog. I've go Dolon runs down to a science, but I still haven't worked out all the Orb Mother's bag of tricks. What I've gleaned so far:
  • The Orb cycles through Resistances, so your party should have varied damage types on their arc-guns.
  • The Orb's sections are armored, so should the prefferred damage type be corrosive or radiation?
  • I've only got the default arc-gun, and the Velocitus. Which is the preffered weapon vs. the Orb? A Madurai focused Chroma seems like it would make good use of the Velocitus more than the others, unless I'm mistaken.
  • I've got no idea what triggers the invulnerability phases or what you're supposed to do during them.
  • What frames are particularly good? Chroma is an obvious choice, but what else?
  • At least 1 party member should be dedicated to clearing adds, since the arc-guns have a huge cooldown.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

The Guyver?!?!?!

IMmmma fuggen buy rite naow

I was going for Kid Buu but now that I think about it there's like a zillion percent chance the one inspired the other.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

jeez, im new to this but i still need morphics, control module, and 500 plastids before I can make the last component of my frost warframe, problem is I cant go to the places that give those any time soon. Add in the absurd wait time for making poo poo and Im feeling annoyed.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

The Skeleton King posted:

jeez, im new to this but i still need morphics, control module, and 500 plastids before I can make the last component of my frost warframe, problem is I cant go to the places that give those any time soon. Add in the absurd wait time for making poo poo and Im feeling annoyed.

Players can "taxi" teammates to missions that they themselves haven't unlocked yet. Speak up in discord or alliance chat and see if someone can help you out.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

McKilligan posted:

So, does anyone want to do 'An Idiot's guide to Orbing'? I fumbled through one last night and we managed to bring it down, but it was a slog. I've go Dolon runs down to a science, but I still haven't worked out all the Orb Mother's bag of tricks. What I've gleaned so far:
  • The Orb cycles through Resistances, so your party should have varied damage types on their arc-guns.
  • The Orb's sections are armored, so should the prefferred damage type be corrosive or radiation?
  • I've only got the default arc-gun, and the Velocitus. Which is the preffered weapon vs. the Orb? A Madurai focused Chroma seems like it would make good use of the Velocitus more than the others, unless I'm mistaken.
  • I've got no idea what triggers the invulnerability phases or what you're supposed to do during them.
  • What frames are particularly good? Chroma is an obvious choice, but what else?
  • At least 1 party member should be dedicated to clearing adds, since the arc-guns have a huge cooldown.

Orb is a 5 phase fight.

1. Kill shields, shoot legs, shoot body.
2. Kill pylons.
3. Repeat step 1
4. Repeat step 2
5. Kill Orb before the timer expires, get loot.

Throughout the fight adds will keep spawning in so just shut them down as they appear. Each new phase transition will warp in a new wave of adds, with stage 5 warping in a fuckload of Scyta & Kryta raknoids. Tankframes and a blessing trinity are a very good thing to have. Bring corpro.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Players can "taxi" teammates to missions that they themselves haven't unlocked yet. Speak up in discord or alliance chat and see if someone can help you out.

Do yo have a link to the Goon discord?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I like how most of the bounties for the Orb hunt are currently breaking and incompleteable more often than not.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

The Skeleton King posted:

Do yo have a link to the Goon discord?

https://discord.gg/56jQXN

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7vjYj6NrVQ

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so have they fixed the glitchy-rear end fishing part of bounty 1 yet?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Hey someone asked for velocitus parts from the left side syndicates a day or two ago and uh, I forgot your name but I have your parts.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

McKilligan posted:

• Archguns are used for hitting the legs/body after the shield is depleted so not necessary to mod them for the resistance mechanic. Radiation does good damage to orb also electric if you can strip its armor completely otherwise shove in whatever damage mods you have
  • Hitting the shields with ________ mode forces the vulnerability to cycle so going for comprehensive coverage isn't super important.
  • Also when you can't hit shields it's a good time to clean up the troops on the ground cause they can get out of hand.
  • Heavy Ammo Restores drop from the guys carrying archwing weapons and look like big ammo boxes on the ground. Being able to spot them is important for getting through the leg shooting phase, which is the worst part of the fight.

The fight goes like deplete shield-> legs can be destroyed -> body becomes vulnerable. At 75% body hp 4 pylons spawn making orb invulnerable, look for blue shield bubbles around the area and run inside shoot the pylon. At 50% shields regenerate. At 25% 6 pylons spawn and once they're down a timer starts to finish the fight starting with shields again. I think once you get shields down the last time both legs and body are vulnerable at same time.

100% self-reliant tank frames seem to be the meta for pubbing since everyone scatters all over the place. Rhino/Chroma/Nezha are popular from what I've seen. Also don't bring cats/dogs/moas cause having them going into revive mode constantly makes it more tedious to filter out when you need to actually go pop up a teammate.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Victory Position posted:

TENNOBAUM! It's back again, and in spirit of delivering gifts to deliver the gift of untold savagery to the solar system, I've got a few prime sets I'd like to give out!

For this round of holiday giveaways, either quote this post or respond with WHERE'S MESA PRIME to take a chance to win:

A Galatine Prime set!
A Tigris Prime set!
A Helios Prime set!

And for the folks that already have all of these, your choice of a slot expansion or a potato of choice! In addition, each of the lucky prime winners will also receive a potato of their choice!

'Tis the time for merriment and massacre, so let's get this show on the road!

WHERE'S MESA PRIME

I don't know anything about the prizes. That's how new I am

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Hi all, just finished the War Within quest and unveiled the free riven it gives you. Can I get a plat indication on how much to sell it for? I know I probably won't get much for it, but it's MR14 locked and I'm MR9 so I can't use it regardless.
Stradavar Visibin
+74.1% Ammo Maximum
+278.3% Damage
-28% Damage to Infested

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

im feeling a lot closer to this guy after listening to the heist intros way too many times now

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Jomo posted:

Hi all, just finished the War Within quest and unveiled the free riven it gives you. Can I get a plat indication on how much to sell it for? I know I probably won't get much for it, but it's MR14 locked and I'm MR9 so I can't use it regardless.

In theory you could get 15-25p for it, in practice you'll make more plat by using the time that you would have spent finding a buyer farming almost anything for which there's a robust market. Many weapons are like that: unless the roll is excellent, it's difficult to find a buyer and the price for an unrolled riven is between 5 and 30. When you get a riven as a new player, it's worth checking the price here, with the discord bot or on an exchange site like riven.market: sometimes you get a meta weapon that's worth hundreds to thousands of plat. Just don't get your hopes too high since the majority of rivens are cheap enough that selling them is a questionable use of time.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

New players should just sell veiled rivens imo. They're much, much easier to get rid of and you need that plat for potatoes/slots/color palettes way more than you need a small chance at a worthwhile riven that you will assuredly need to spend tons of time grinding kuva for. Save that riven poo poo for when you're pretty well established and don't have much else to pursue.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

gnoma posted:

• Archguns are used for hitting the legs/body after the shield is depleted so not necessary to mod them for the resistance mechanic. Radiation does good damage to orb also electric if you can strip its armor completely otherwise shove in whatever damage mods you have
  • Hitting the shields with ________ mode forces the vulnerability to cycle so going for comprehensive coverage isn't super important.
  • Also when you can't hit shields it's a good time to clean up the troops on the ground cause they can get out of hand.
  • Heavy Ammo Restores drop from the guys carrying archwing weapons and look like big ammo boxes on the ground. Being able to spot them is important for getting through the leg shooting phase, which is the worst part of the fight.

The fight goes like deplete shield-> legs can be destroyed -> body becomes vulnerable. At 75% body hp 4 pylons spawn making orb invulnerable, look for blue shield bubbles around the area and run inside shoot the pylon. At 50% shields regenerate. At 25% 6 pylons spawn and once they're down a timer starts to finish the fight starting with shields again. I think once you get shields down the last time both legs and body are vulnerable at same time.

100% self-reliant tank frames seem to be the meta for pubbing since everyone scatters all over the place. Rhino/Chroma/Nezha are popular from what I've seen. Also don't bring cats/dogs/moas cause having them going into revive mode constantly makes it more tedious to filter out when you need to actually go pop up a teammate.

One thing that I think will end up becoming meta: focusing on a single damage type. It seems to be a lot faster to just cycle damage types until you have the one you need. If the entire team has only one damage type like radiation, they can wreck the shield in seconds before it cycles away and there won't be any fuckery where everyone keeps cycling damage types to match their own. That also helps to focus on the damage types the orb itself is weak to and you don't need to waste your archgun ammo when shields come back up because you will also have the same damage type in it.

overall I think a lot of quality of life improvements are going to happen soon so I'll probably hold off on fighting the orb until they get all the mechanics and balance sorted out.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 20, 2018

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I felt like as soon as I hit the orb with whatever it's weak against for a large amount of damage it automatically switches vulnerability. This seemed to happen every single time I got a shot in with my rad catchmoon, but it could have been a teammate hitting it with void.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Any recommendations for which archguns to use?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

I felt like as soon as I hit the orb with whatever it's weak against for a large amount of damage it automatically switches vulnerability. This seemed to happen every single time I got a shot in with my rad catchmoon, but it could have been a teammate hitting it with void.

Good news, those are both conditions for it to switch damage types!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

No, this is exactly what happens. If it takes too much damage in one element it switches.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

In that case they should just remove basic element types and make it only weak to ips or combo'd elements, there just so many to shift through.

Granted, I can totally see DE wanting the fight to simply last longer, and so they could never make that change.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Shattering Impact strips the Orb's armor really loving fast. You just need to hit, not cause damage through shields for it to work.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Synthbuttrange posted:

Any recommendations for which archguns to use?

Imperator Vandal is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I can see they Hystrix becoming popular for orb fights. Comes with 4 elements straight out the box.