Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Sereri posted:

Ah, I see what's going on. Apparently the menu button on the post break the layout when your font size is bigger than the default 16px.

Proving once again that settings are a mistake.

Will work on a fix.

ah weird. I thought it might have been font size related so I changed it from 16 to 15 and it was still happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Martian Manfucker posted:

ah weird. I thought it might have been font size related so I changed it from 16 to 15 and it was still happening.

Huh

Did you change the font or something like that? On which theme?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

It's probably dependent on the device text size settings too eh - the font sizes are sp not dp
Floating the ... over to the right and leaving the middle area flexible should fix it right?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Do you mean like if someone links to an imgur gallery you want the app to fetch the url of the image?

I think they mean if you make an image into a link like this:
code:

[url=WEBSITE LOCATION][img]IMAGE LOCATION[/img][/url]

In a case like that, tapping on it would only give you the link-related options, not the image-related options.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Main Paineframe posted:

I think they mean if you make an image into a link like this:
code:
[url=WEBSITE LOCATION][timg]IMAGE LOCATION[/timg][/url]
In a case like that, tapping on it would only give you the link-related options, not the image-related options.

I see, also I'm kind of confused because I thought the app already did that. Huh.

ephex posted:

It would be great if the dark and oled theme works change the colour of the navbar to something non-white as well.
Especially for reading at night.

That's a good idea. Can I ask what device is torturing you?

3.6.1 is on it's way to beta people soon and if nothing catastrophic happens until I get up it'll go to the rest as well.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MikeJF posted:

I just updated; I used the classic theme because I don't like all the space and prefer the higher post density and contrast, and the left and right margins on posts are huge now compared to what they used to be. current look :shrug: Not a huge issue, but I miss the fuller width: left/right margin used to be about the same as top margin.

This is my complaint also. It's just wasted space and I don't like the look of it at all.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cabbit posted:

This is my complaint also. It's just wasted space and I don't like the look of it at all.

It mainly looks weird because the text left margin is much more than the username left margin, so it looks better indented.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

ephex posted:

It would be great if the dark and oled theme works change the colour of the navbar to something non-white as well.
Especially for reading at night.

Sereri posted:

3.6.1 is on it's way to beta people soon and if nothing catastrophic happens until I get up it'll go to the rest as well.

I use a Galaxy S8+ and I would also appreciate this if it's possible.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

smoobles posted:

One suggestion: Not showing the blue drag shapes on the sides if you're already scrolling up and down. My thumbs like to go sideways while I scroll and it pulls the blue blob on screen.

That's part of the horizontal scrolling issue people have been talking about. Should be fixed soon.

baka kaba posted:

It's probably dependent on the device text size settings too eh - the font sizes are sp not dp
Floating the ... over to the right and leaving the middle area flexible should fix it right?

Yep. I had my system set to one larger than default and had to drop awful's font to 14 to stop the horizontal scrolling. Set system to normal and now it's 16.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Sereri posted:

Huh

Did you change the font or something like that? On which theme?

Font is default and I'm on the dark theme, but my device's text size is set to "Huge," so that's probably messing with it.

Edit: setting Awful to 13 with my device at "Huge" fixes it, but the text is too teeny tiny for me.

Martian Manfucker fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 20, 2018

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Sereri posted:

HTC U12+

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Just want to say, I know it's probably not new but AMBERPOS is an amazing theme. New icons are very nice, too. I use :ghost:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
any donation links for me to give for all the hard work?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I didn't see this mentioned in the last few pages, sorry if it's a repeat:

I turned on my phone this morning and Awful was gone from its usual spot on my home screen. My first thought was "Why was the app banned from the Play Store? Probably been secretly taking pictures when I read the forums in the bathroom."

However, I soon found it in the app drawer with a new icon. Weird that it disappeared from my home screen, but whatever.

I fiddled with the setting to change the icon and it disappeared from my home screen again! I found the app in the drawer, again, and this time it wouldn't open. Error message something like "App is not installed" when tapping the icon. (I could still get back to the app via the app switcher.)

After a short time the icon switched in the app drawer and I could launch the app like normal again.

So, something about changing the application's icon is buggy. When I change the icon any shortcuts disappear and I can't launch from the app drawer until after the icon swaps out.

Pixel 3 XL running standard up to date Android.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Yeah the icon switcher is sort of a hack, Android doesn't really let you do that so it's a bit of witchy magic, and how quick the launcher reacts depends on the launcher. It's also why the home screen icon disappears when you change it (which the app did when it updated)

Jerkface posted:

No!!!!!!!! but thanks :shobon:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Now I don't have to worry about people thinking I'm a neonazi on the train to work! Thanks guys.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

That's in the description of the setting and won't change. It's a technical limitation.

Jerkface posted:

We don't have donation links but what you can do is buy no-ads if you don't already have that. Makes me feel better about leaving out the ads Lowtax serves.
Or there currently is a donation thread for ZDR in GBS.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Necrothatcher posted:

Now I don't have to worry about people thinking I'm a neonazi on the train to work! Thanks guys.

Anyone who'd mistake that frog for a Pepe is too dumb to breath.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Can anyone else not click the 3 dots to quote a poster now?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Oops obviously can't edit that post but I'm on a pixel 3

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

mono posted:

Sometimes, I have noticed, it's very difficult and I have to try to tap it about a half dozen or more times before it registers. Usually it's fine, probably less than 1 in 20 times it happens. I don't have any inkling of a pattern for it.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

mono posted:

mono posted:

Oops obviously can't edit that post but I'm on a pixel 3

Works on mine. Can you close the app and then try again in this thread?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Just force--quit it and cleared the cache, but no luck.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had something happen but I can't recreate it. I looked at a thread before bed. When I woke up I pushed bookmark and it wouldn't work. The thread still existed. I'm guessing it either it changed name or what page it was on or got moved to a different subforum or something, but I don't know what. Anyway, this is obviously an extremely minor problem in any case but I just thought I'd say something.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

too dumb to breath.
:ironicat:+:v:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sereri posted:

I see, also I'm kind of confused because I thought the app already did that. Huh.

idk if it still happens, I rarely see those kinds of things in the threads I frequent

it's all twitters these days

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am also unable to click the triple dot next to posts.
Awful 3.6.1 Android 7.1.1

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

App just updated and is now working :coolfish:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And the margins in classic are back to normal I love you.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Sereri posted:

That's in the description of the setting and won't change. It's a technical limitation.

We don't have donation links but what you can do is buy no-ads if you don't already have that. Makes me feel better about leaving out the ads Lowtax serves.
Or there currently is a donation thread for ZDR in GBS.

I don't know what ZDR is but I went looking for the donation thread for it anyway in GBS.

Jesus loving Christ, there is some mental stuff up in there. Is it just a free-for-all and anything goes?

Anyway, please reconsider allowing goons to cross the palms. I guarantee we'll not make you rich, but you'll all probably get enough for a decent whiskey or a cinema ticket or a nice big bag of rice cakes.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I don't know what ZDR is but I went looking for the donation thread for it anyway in GBS.

Jesus loving Christ, there is some mental stuff up in there. Is it just a free-for-all and anything goes?

Anyway, please reconsider allowing goons to cross the palms. I guarantee we'll not make you rich, but you'll all probably get enough for a decent whiskey or a cinema ticket or a nice big bag of rice cakes.

ZDR is administrator and forum code janitor Zen Death Robot. He keeps the servers running and has been essentially furloughed without pay until next year.

The Awful devs accepting money puts them in a potentially tenuous relationship with Lowtax given that the site is supported by ad revenue and ads aren't served up in the app. It's best for everyone if no one kicks that particular hornet nest.

E: ZDR donation thread

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Do you mean like if someone links to an imgur gallery you want the app to fetch the url of the image?

Nah, I mean, when someone has used an image as a link I'd like to be able to copy the image url as well as the link url.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can't get the three dots menu either, Android 8.1, app version 3.6.1

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ArcMage posted:

Nah, I mean, when someone has used an image as a link I'd like to be able to copy the image url as well as the link url.

Yeah I noticed this same thing today. It would be nice.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MikeJF posted:

And the margins in classic are back to normal I love you.

As the other person who whinged about this, I am obligated to say thanks as well. Thanks!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can't get the three dots menu either, Android 8.1, app version 3.6.1

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Gonna need more infos.
Device, rooted/flashed, chrome installed? Version? Using themes in Awful? Did you set an alternative font-size ?
Does expanding the user info / avatar work? Maybe screenshot

Sereri fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 21, 2018

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Can't :kiss: you guys enough

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Can't click three dots either.

Was working fine yesterday and stopped after that mini update to fix post menu.

Have cleared cache and data, reinstalled. No dice.

Htc10
Custom ROM(lineage os)
No chrome
Expanding doesn't work
Can post, just can't use the dots

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol can't edit either.

No custom themes or font or anything. All is default.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Under the hamburger menu in the upper left, we get the forum/subforum/thread list. How this has worked until now is I can tap back to the subforum either from that menu or the back arrow, then return to the thread via that menu and it returns me to where I was in the thread.

In the current Play Store version this menu now puts me at the first post of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Hi, I'm having the three-dots not working problem.

LG K7
Android 5.1.1
Not flashed/rooted
Chrome installed, Ver. 71.0.3578.98
I can expand the user/av bar