Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Pleads posted:

He's literally Grinching it up right now.

The Grinch actually had a (small) heart, and a cool dog. Trump has neither.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Petr posted:

Holy crap this picture

god i hate that loving posture he does. he does it in every meeting. i am sure daddy told him it was power move or some poo poo. but he looks like my little cousin when he gets pissed.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Sir Lemming posted:

:yeshaha:

There he is again with the "saving billions" thing. Is this about wall funding too?

It's about Syria.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Always fun when we're in the news smdh

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

evilweasel posted:

is the whole new "steel slats" obsession a way to rebrand the chain-link fencing that exists as THE WALL or is there something else i'm missing
It's the Putin safe-word.

Actually I believe it's just the new con. Large parts of the fence are basically that already aren't they? So I guess he'll just post a picture of some existing stretch...

... and kickback the construction costs to some greased palm. "Look at the beautiful steel slats we just put in... hurrrr"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god i hate that loving posture he does. he does it in every meeting. i am sure daddy told him it was power move or some poo poo. but he looks like my little cousin when he gets pissed.

The stupid thing about it is that he's too fat to properly fold his arms, so I can only imagine the stress on his shoulders as he struggles to keep his arms like that.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

we need wall

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1075833931134570496

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

evilweasel posted:

theoretically you could argue that the structure of the constitution mandates in-person votes via the quorum clause. in practice, because legislatures tend to be very traditional and resistant to change, especially the Senate

That's an incredibly restrictive reading of the quorum clause (which I'm sure you know.)

I've long argued that supporting changing the rules to allow members to vote securely from their home state/district office should be a campaign issue for any progressive candidate. It sucks balls that a random d.c. lobbyist has a better chance of seeing 30 reps on a weekday than I do of seeing mine. Move non-committee staff back home, give Congressmen a cubical and access to communal conference rooms. For added lols, make the Senators actually use their desks.

It's a Republican thing to whine about how much they hate Washington anyway, I think they'd have a hard time defending the status quo under :decorum:.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mod sassinator posted:

So are all the TSA agents at the airports, on the busiest travel days of the year, going to be getting no pay? That seems, uh, not good.

I imagine this has been covered and will keep getting covered each time it comes up, but: 'essential' employees have received their back pay every time the government has shut down.

heyitsamanda
Jul 17, 2018

I mean, it's one banana Michael, what could it cost? 10 dollars?

Popete posted:

Private citizens can't just give the government money and tell them to spend it on something. Even if they raise the money there is nothing they can do directly to build a wall.
This is kind of what I was thinking, but then the fact that one of the gofundme's was already at 5 mil made me kind of wonder, "Surely, there has to be some explanation of how the funds are to be dispersed at some point, right?"

Z. Autobahn posted:

Does gofundme pay out even if the goal isn't met? Like did some dude just literally make 5 mil off this grift?
Ha, if it's really just this simple. As in, can whoever starts the gofundme put in the small print somewhere that the money raised will go to some company he set up with the purpose of lobbying for the wall, and then just pay himself a fat salary from said company with all the donation money?

Currently posting from work, otherwise I'd do some further research - because I've wondered from time to time over the years what the super seedy underbelly of the political donations/contributions business looks like. I did freelance work for a couple of years and was *shocked* at some of the scandalous things I'd see small businesses/business owners do, I can't even imagine what kind of insane schemes people have developed to take advantage of small political donations.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Xombie posted:

TSA agents who are being forced to work for free.

Technically they're probably working for credit - every time in the past they'd get back pay

Not that that's much consolation, and isn't massively disruptive to most people being able to make mortgage payments and the like

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1075839098152280064
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1075840131150557184

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Maybe Trump Brain is contagious

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

For God's sake, somebody call Tom Snout!!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is our children learning

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

That's an incredibly restrictive reading of the quorum clause (which I'm sure you know.)

I've long argued that supporting changing the rules to allow members to vote securely from their home state/district office should be a campaign issue for any progressive candidate. It sucks balls that a random d.c. lobbyist has a better chance of seeing 30 reps on a weekday than I do of seeing mine. Move non-committee staff back home, give Congressmen a cubical and access to communal conference rooms. For added lols, make the Senators actually use their desks.

It's a Republican thing to whine about how much they hate Washington anyway, I think they'd have a hard time defending the status quo under :decorum:.

The thing I'd worry about is fuckery with connections; what happens if a connection goes bad during a vote? Could a bad actor theoretically sabotage uplinks to make it so certain votes are blocked as a way to manipulate quorum, under the guise of a bad connection? I think there's a lot of issues that would need to be addressed, and I'm generally suspicious of tech solutions after seeing all the mayhem Russia has been able to wreak and all the IP China has been stealing.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

From the folks that brought you the House Freedom Caucus, we give you, “The Sunsetting Squad”!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DarkHorse posted:

The thing I'd worry about is fuckery with connections; what happens if a connection goes bad during a vote? Could a bad actor theoretically sabotage uplinks to make it so certain votes are blocked as a way to manipulate quorum, under the guise of a bad connection? I think there's a lot of issues that would need to be addressed, and I'm generally suspicious of tech solutions after seeing all the mayhem Russia has been able to wreak and all the IP China has been stealing.

I think the odds of a lawmaker getting Max Headroom'd on a videoconference are more than likely.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

They were defeated, now instead of going to the playoff they go to the music City bowl vs Turkey

Aww crap I thought we were playing Purdue, how is ISIS's defensive line this year

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
He's seriously gonna shut it down and then gently caress off to Florida for two weeks, isn't he?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Your Taint posted:

He's seriously gonna shut it down and then gently caress off to Florida for two weeks, isn't he?

Yep. He truly is.

It’s beautiful. How long until the photos of him golfing come out?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Wylie posted:

Aww crap I thought we were playing Purdue, how is ISIS's defensive line this year

On fire. They're blowing up the SEC.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Your Taint posted:

Gonna give Mitch McConnell an ulcer the size of East Texas, too.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I love wall.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wylie posted:

Not great due to a lot of behind the scenes infighting, by they've got a real explosive offense

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Bahahahahaha!!!!

Inject these spite votes into my god drat veins

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’m not toxxing anything because I’m a cheap coward but Trump isn’t going to be President 2 years from now in the lame duck period. He’ll have left for one reason or another.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

kolby posted:

Yes and yes

Lol I didn’t believe you because I thought it used the same rules as Kickstarter (money charged and dispersed iff goal is met) but holy poo poo you’re right. The GFM faq says you can withdraw at any time.

It’s okay though, the guy who started the go fund me has “contacted the trump administration about how to handle this” and he is totally “working with a lawyer to ensure money can only be used for the wall.”

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Caros posted:

I love wall.

Look at wall Michael!

Wall: FAMILY LOVE MICHAEL

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I probably should do some real work at some point today.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

World Famous W posted:

I love you.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

World Famous W posted:

I don't know what your job is, but they should give you a raise for this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

World Famous W posted:

It looks like you've already done the important work. :allears:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1075846029508009986

Ahahahahah

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I imagine this has been covered and will keep getting covered each time it comes up, but: 'essential' employees have received their back pay every time the government has shut down.

That's great because the power company and your mortgage company are always completely understanding and will take an iou marked "back pay coming once president's tantrum subsides" in lieu of payment

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

SocketWrench posted:

One of the dems set up a response in satire which pretty much washed the rep plan down to it's core points

Oh yeah, I remember that.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

World Famous W posted:

I think you're doing it right now.

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m not toxxing anything because I’m a cheap coward but Trump isn’t going to be President 2 years from now in the lame duck period. He’ll have left for one reason or another.

Trump is going to be president until 2024 and then Pence is going to take over. It is the Reagan dynasty all over again. Kushner, Ivanka, Don Jr., etc might even become president one day too.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

World Famous W posted:

Probably should stop doing the Lord's work you mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
CSPAN taking callers while the Republicans vote to shut down the government. It is amazing.