Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Dear God.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075846949427908608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

All is forgiven/all is lost, IMO.

Caros
May 14, 2008

World Famous W posted:

I probably should do some real work at some point today.

Did you have to whiten his skin to get the orange to stand out more?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ahahahaha what the gently caress

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

What the gently caress.

Also

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Isn't this just being consistent (and wink-wink-nudge-nudging) that press release that came out from DHS with one paragraph that had 88 words and the next that had 14 words.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Me on November 7, 2018: oh no what are the Republicans gonna ram through in the lame duck?

Me on December 20, 2018: lol the Republicans control all branches of the government and they are shutting it down for Christmas

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

hail satan

Sulphagnist posted:

Me on November 7, 2018: oh no what are the Republicans gonna ram through in the lame duck?

Me on December 20, 2018: lol the Republicans control all branches of the government and they are shutting it down for Christmas

was the prison reform bill signed yet? they rammed something non-budgety through in the lame duck :ohdear:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think he's probably in a lot better mood now what he has some chaos / something to fight people about.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Sulphagnist posted:

:hmmyes:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Every single time I go, "Come on! That can't be real!" I am proven wrong.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

You guys should be watching Fox News right now; they're just stuttering and confused trying to figure out his latest tweet. They literally have no idea what to even do right now.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Has he lost he drat mind, again?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Caros posted:

Did you have to whiten his skin to get the orange to stand out more?
Nah, he's just a month out from his last spraying and looking pale again. Nothing I can make will ridicule this man more than himself.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

cochise posted:

Has he lost he drat mind, again?

yeah, just now

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DarkHorse posted:

Technically they're probably working for credit - every time in the past they'd get back pay

Not that that's much consolation, and isn't massively disruptive to most people being able to make mortgage payments and the like

yeah i was phoneposting and didn't get around to that and assumed someone would do the work for me

even aside from the furloughed-without-pay people (so, like, a bunch of the TSA HR people and such who keep the organization running behind the scenes!), the 'essential' employees have to hope that they don't have too much trouble getting an interest-free short-term loan from whoever it was who did it the last couple times

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

World Famous W posted:

I probably should do some real work at some point today.

No, you're clearly already doing the work. Keep it up.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Wait what that tweet is real what the gently caress

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/rebekahmetzler/status/1075834609085149185
https://twitter.com/elianayjohnson/status/1075835193032929280
https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1075845140030332928

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

There's still a week left in 2018 jesus christ...

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

lol our president is #tbt'ing while our government shuts down. very cool very cool.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

You did this to yourselves, Susan!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/MattLech/status/1075764411258888192

How do you do, fellow local milk people.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Trump's plan to only appeal to 30% of the country to such a degree that their turnout somehow overwhelms the other 70% is such a dumb loving move good god.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
What the gently caress

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah i was phoneposting and didn't get around to that and assumed someone would do the work for me

even aside from the furloughed-without-pay people (so, like, a bunch of the TSA HR people and such who keep the organization running behind the scenes!), the 'essential' employees have to hope that they don't have too much trouble getting an interest-free short-term loan from whoever it was who did it the last couple times

I don't know about normal federal employees, but back during the shutdown during Obamas time banks were really friendly with extending no interest loans to service members that needed them.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

I keep looking at this and all I can think of is "Daddy horny, Michael."

Fuckdammit Tambor I feel dirty posting that thanks to your rear end in a top hat behavior

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that fuckin Megan Mulally?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Monaghan posted:

Trump's plan to only appeal to 30% of the country to such a degree that their turnout somehow overwhelms the other 70% is such a dumb loving move good god.

in a country where less than 50% vote it's not entirely insane, i guess

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I think he's having some sort of manic episode.

Also they should really make him stay in DC if the government is shut down. His constant dumb vacations are expensive. And probably even more so if no one is getting paid, ironically!

heyitsamanda
Jul 17, 2018

I mean, it's one banana Michael, what could it cost? 10 dollars?

Vile Pilot posted:

Trump is going to be president until 2024 and then Pence is going to take over. It is the Reagan dynasty all over again. Kushner, Ivanka, Don Jr., etc might even become president one day too.
While I certainly acknowledge the possibility of something like this, there are a lot of variables that could dramatically alter the course of Trump's trajectory. I don't see Trump ever landing in jail, but I could see him losing in 2020 to something like a Biden/O'Rourke ticket.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Rampant Dwickery posted:

I keep looking at this and all I can think of is "Daddy horny, Michael."

Fuckdammit Tambor I feel dirty posting that thanks to your rear end in a top hat behavior

I get more of a "Me a money needing a lot now. Money me now!" vibe.

Always Sundowning in Philadelphia.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Is that fuckin Megan Mulally?

yes

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/bbeckyL/status/1075744790732513281

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

in a country where less than 50% vote it's not entirely insane, i guess

Maybe, but the turnout for the 2018 midterms was relatively huge, so I don't think as many people are gonna sit home on the 2020 election as they did for the 2016 one.

A ton of the country really, really hates trump.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
The fact that it's got tbt in it makes me feel like an aide wrote it

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That's how you stop the shutdown: "You cannot go to Mar-A-Lago." Of course, at this point I think things are set in stone until January 3 since they're going to have a hard time pulling anybody back in for a vote over the holidays.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Maybe Trump Brain is contagious

Isn't that just like a proven psychological thing? That if you throw someone with a massive personality disorder in a house with a bunch of other people that eventually they just all start acting and talking like that person?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Watching the GOP sit on its own balls is pretty fun, but do keep in mind that a lot of government workers can be seriously hurt by a shutdown.

This could even last until we get a new congress. Imagine the difficulty of going without pay for two months.

Just keep it in mind.

Ok, back to watching these assholes reap what they deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1075846301173080064