Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Already been posted but here are some more highlights, this should be the biggest story of 2018.

The arm of law enforcement over Know your Customer, SAR/CTR reporting and money laundering in general had the Russians so balls deep in them that they lost their authority to issue clearances.

axeil posted:

This is a "holy poo poo" level story. Multiple FinCEN employees are compromised/active Russian agents.

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1075810783957803008

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1075811788346806272

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1075811875470893056

:stare:

the Russians almost certainly planted worms/viruses/hacks etc. into the Treasury Dept's network as well, possibly to destroy any records of actions against Trump or other Russian interests. This is a huge story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075846949427908608

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Dow Jones is taking a beating today. Nay, this month.

Christ it has dropped 200 points in like 30 minutes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Wut

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think I need some assistance

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
Is....is that actually his Twitter account?

It looks like like it, but I think 2018 has broken my hold on reality

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Allegedly right around 2420 for the S&P 500 is the magic number for like a trillion dollars worth of margin calls are.

It droppedto 2443 earlier.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nice and hot piss posted:

Down 465, nice.

A few dumbasses out there must be hedging with bitcoin, it got over $4k today. Below again now, naturally.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vasudus posted:

Allegedly right around 2420 for the S&P 500 is the magic number for like a trillion dollars worth of margin calls are.

It droppedto 2443 earlier.

what happens then :ohdear:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shame on an IGA posted:

Already been posted but here are some more highlights, this should be the biggest story of 2018.

The arm of law enforcement over Know your Customer, SAR/CTR reporting and money laundering in general had the Russians so balls deep in them that they lost their authority to issue clearances.

GOD loving DAMNIT

gently caress

gently caress

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think I need some assistance

Its from the 2005 Emmy's

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/12/watch-trump-posts-video-of-him-singing-with-megan-mullally-at-2005-emmys.html

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DoktorLoken posted:

We ded

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Did you actually read this? This isn't some Fox piece.

quote:

While calling the Triangle Waist Company owners 'greedy' was not a perfect assessment, it’s true that they were not saints. Blanck and Harris were hard-driving entrepreneurs who, like many other business owners, cut corners as they relentlessly pushed to grow their enterprise.
The Triangle factory fire was truly horrific, but few laws and regulations were broken. Blanck and Harris were accused of locking the secondary exits (in order to stop employee theft), and were tried for manslaughter.
In 1913 Blanck was arrested for locking a door during working hours in the new factory. He was convicted and fined $20. In 1914, Blanck and Harris were caught sewing counterfeit National Consumer League anti-sweatshop labels into their shirtwaists.

Let's all weep over those unfortunate factory workers who locked in and killed 150 women.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

total protonic reversal

but with money

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nice and hot piss posted:

Ugh. It looks a lot like that crash graph that bitcoin keeps following.

Edit: I actually wouldn't be surprised if bitcoin spikes as morons look for a safer place than the mattress market for their money and get suckered in.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

GOD loving DAMNIT

gently caress

gently caress

*beep* Paging NSA WIZARD to the thread, NSA WIZARD to the current events thread. *beep*

edit: seriously though russian spies being in charge of russian sanctions at all levels is the most darkly hilarious thing so far since 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All he needs is a fiddle.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

All he needs is a fiddle.
He fiddles when Ivanka is around.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1075866917993410560

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Good.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trump...good?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Broken clock on 24hr time

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Russians are welcome to waltz right on in that shithole, they can have it imo.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Lol this is amazing? My political humor compass is broken and just spinning in circles now.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CNN: Blackwater Founder Eric Prince announces $30 billion contract to provide security for Afghanistan.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lou Takki posted:

Lol this is amazing? My political humor compass is broken and just spinning in circles now.

:chaostrump:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
nixon China etc etc

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

But if we pull our dicks out of the hornet’s nest we’ll have been fighting for nothing!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

FAUXTON posted:

GOD loving DAMNIT

gently caress

gently caress

Was there some deregulation 3 or 4 years ago that purged duplicate records of certain financial transactions (maybe suspect transactions) that had been stored places besides the Treasury Dept.?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Let's all weep over those unfortunate factory workers who locked in and killed 150 women.

And were later caught (and fined a whole $20) for locking employees into their new factory.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'd be fine with a unilateral withdrawal from Afghanistan if I didn't suspect that we were just going to immediately end up funneling that money into mercenaries.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Even better, it looks like they’re angling for blackwater gritting but have no secured funding for it. So either we do a quick pull out and leave the locals to themselves, or blackwater ships out and we pull out then immediately not pay blackwater anything. Leaving a bunch of violent sociopaths heavily armed in a foreign country with no support or standard means of leaving.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

Even better, it looks like they’re angling for blackwater gritting but have no secured funding for it. So either we do a quick pull out and leave the locals to themselves, or blackwater ships out and we pull out then immediately not pay blackwater anything. Leaving a bunch of violent sociopaths heavily armed in a foreign country with no support or standard means of leaving.

The Man Who Would be Prince

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

psydude posted:

I'd be fine with a unilateral withdrawal from Afghanistan if I didn't suspect that we were just going to immediately end up funneling that money into mercenaries.

At least when I see mercs die I feel nothing for them

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vasudus posted:

total protonic reversal

but with money

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075878792168685568

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGgGCvuez14

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
E: oh you fucker ^^^

Donnie announced on Twitter that Mattis is retiring in February

Been nice knowing you all :toot:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, there's your protest "retirement".

https://twitter.com/dicknivers/status/1074795260012847104

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 20, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao Trump finally figured out how to make Mattis quit

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So who's left of the original lineup? Munchkin, DeVos, and Carson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

psydude posted:

So who's left of the original lineup? Munchkin, DeVos, and Carson?

Mnuchin, Devos, Carson, Elaine Chao at Transportation, and Rick Perry at Energy.