Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

System Metternich posted:

The last thing I heard about is that something big was supposed to go down on December 5th (in the background of a Trump video you could see a bus for like a millisecond with "D5" printed on it which is irrefutable evidence, you see) but then nothing happened do. then they switched over to December 7th, and when nothing happened there too they were like "through those various fakeouts Trump forced them to play their hand too soon and now they're completely defenceless, what a genius" and whatever they think will happen is supposed to do so on Christmas Eve now iirc

Nothing happening as predicted actually confirms the predictions because it shows that the conspiracy postponed their plans for fear of being exposed :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm not touching any of that Q-Anon bullshit with a 9-foot pole. There lies idiocy and madness.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Simply Simon posted:

It is not a law of nature that all old people become racist and lovely, much like it's not a guarantee that all men want to be like their father and all women will be like their mother. Old people are people too and responsible for their own choices and actions. There shouldn't be any automatic excuse like that, and even less so for someone who's job is to literally stay on top of current events and commentate on them in a funny way.

I get that if you're, like, 80 and just done with it all then you might not WANT to understand what the kids these days are doing and watch the news and learn twitter and Facebook or whatever and I'd be sympathetic to you and personally excuse a lot of questionable behaviour because I have compassion with the elderly. I'd probably still argue against you when you bring your lovely uninformed opinions to the public. Nuhr is anything but elderly, he can go gently caress himself.

This.
I don't want to be a gammon when I'm an old. I'll do my best not to. But if it happens I'll try and shut up and concede the next generation may have a point.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Today, I learned that 'Gammon' could be a racial slur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaMWZRaMmP4

:thunk:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Today, I learned that 'Gammon' could be a racial slur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaMWZRaMmP4

:thunk:

Silly television. Can't be racist against Anglos. No power differential. Therefore gammon can't be racist either.

The only offensive part is the implication that only certain parts of the UK political culture are nationalistic pricks who hate people who aren't English.

Randler fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 21, 2018

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Simply Simon posted:

It is not a law of nature that all old people become racist and lovely, much like it's not a guarantee that all men want to be like their father and all women will be like their mother. Old people are people too and responsible for their own choices and actions. There shouldn't be any automatic excuse like that, and even less so for someone who's job is to literally stay on top of current events and commentate on them in a funny way.

I get that if you're, like, 80 and just done with it all then you might not WANT to understand what the kids these days are doing and watch the news and learn twitter and Facebook or whatever and I'd be sympathetic to you and personally excuse a lot of questionable behaviour because I have compassion with the elderly. I'd probably still argue against you when you bring your lovely uninformed opinions to the public. Nuhr is anything but elderly, he can go gently caress himself.

Which is why I hope to to be as great as my grandma once I'm old. She's the "goes-to-Mass-literally-every-day-and-was-married-to-a-deacon" type of Catholic who grew up in a poor family in 1930's rural Bavaria, and even though life threw a lot of poo poo her way and additionally pretty much all of her kids and grandkids live their lifes in a way that violate the moral tenets she grew up with to some extent, she actually remembers that the main foundation of her faith is to extend love and mercy to all. Like when her daughter-in-law came out as a lesbian after 25 years of marriage and five kids, she was at first pretty shocked but after praying a rosary or two was like "let's roll up our sleeves and take care that this gets resolved amicably for everyone involved, and also where I'm Catholic my DIL's parents are Catholic conservative and would 100% flip their poo poo, so let's make sure that they never hear any of this" and now she has come round to accepting homosexuals as perfectly "normal" people. When my brother then came out as bi she was at first like "can't you simply decide on what you like jeez" but then also accepted it, although with a bunch of sighs and "kids these days".

She's far from being 100% woke, e.g. when presented with Lunar Suite's example she would be torn between lauding his desire to get married in church (not a given amongst her grandchildren) and a "gays are fine, but do they absolutely have to get married, and even in church?" attitude, I guess, but she knows and accepts that times have changed since when she was a child and that God's mercy extends to all of His children and not just those who perfectly stick to the rules. I love my grandma :3:

(Her marrying a Sudeten German refugee and her involvement with the Church leading to a ton of people from all over the world visiting her home during the 70s and 80s probably also facilitated that attitude of hers. I was pretty blown away when I was rummaging around her house as a boy and found several old guestbooks full with thank you-notes from Japan, and Brazil, and Italy, and the States, and everything in between even though the only language my grandma speaks is Bavarian. Somehow both my dad and my grandparents thought this to be so normal that they never mentioned it to me)

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Lunar Suite posted:

Oh god yeah he did a trans joke and I actually left the room in disgust; Mutter had no idea why I was mad.
I guess that's just how it is. I'll try and be joyful when morality becomes incomprehensible to me; hopefully it'll mean society has surpassed me.

Nuhr being a total idiot and bad "comedian" isn't something entirely new though. He constantly makes - at best questionable, but usually just really stupid and backwards - remarks and sondert Müll in Tageszeitungen zzgl. zu Facebook ab. Ein bisschen wie Till Schweiger, extrem von sich selbst überzeugt und hinterher über Reaktionen wundern&aufregen in stumpfer Ignoranz. Siehe bspw. seine geistreichen Kommentare zum Thema Griechenland von 2015.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Former Bild writer/government spokesman Georg Streiter just posted a long rant about how Bild viciously attacked the Migrationsbeauftragte for bullshit reasons. Tl;dr: she sent out a Christmas card to ~100 journalists that wasn’t Christmasy enough for Julian Reichelt which means that Merkel‘s war on Christmas is officially ON (even though her „official“ card sent to about a thousand people was pretty Christian in character). Now the reason for Bild foaming at the mouth again is not especially interesting and is just one point more in the myriad arguments for the Enteignung of Springer, but what elevates the story from „meh, what’s new“ to really funny is the postscript:

quote:

NACHTRAG (21.12.): Auch außerhalb von facebook habe ich einige Reaktionen bekommen. Darunter auch diesen Hinweis: "... Und, übrigens: Bei der Weihnachtsfeier von Axel Springer tauchte das Wort Weihnachten nicht ein Mal auf, es gab keine Weihnachts-Deko, Musik war Techno, Essen McDonalds und der CEO war als Transe verkleidet ..."

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, der Krieg gegen Weihnachten

Tag yourself, where did you serve in war? I applied for a Rentierflak but they put me at the Avocadotoastgulaschkanone for 2 whole years :sassargh:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The only acceptable celebration is winter solstice, the rest is all imported bullshit

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Randler posted:

Silly television. Can't be racist against Anglos. No power differential. Therefore gammon can't be racist either.

The only offensive part is the implication that only certain parts of the UK political culture are nationalistic pricks who hate people who aren't English.

Come on, Randler, no need to be modest. No way can the Anglos match your delusions of grandeur. Not in power and certainly not in scope.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Krieg gegen Weihnachten...mensch, Leute, können wir nicht wenigstens originellen Kulturkampf führen, ohne die ollen Ami-Kamellen nochmal aufzutragen? Wie viel sinnentleerter kann ein Zitat-Unzitat "konservativer" Streitpunkt denn noch sein? Kommt das evtl. aus Gegenden, wo es keine gescheiten Weihnachtsmärkte gibt?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Lol, der Krieg gegen Weihnachten

Tag yourself, where did you serve in war? I applied for a Rentierflak but they put me at the Avocadotoastgulaschkanone for 2 whole years :sassargh:

Ah, praktisch! Einmal vegan, bidde *get executed by circular firing squad for insinuating that there's non-vegan avocado toast*

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

Ah, praktisch! Einmal vegan, bidde *get executed by circular firing squad for insinuating that there's non-vegan avocado toast*

I get and appreciate that reference to the great "Are avocados vegan?" schism of 2018.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

I get and appreciate that reference to the great "Are avocados vegan?" schism of 2018.

Wow, that's actually a thing lol. Uh I mean, yes, that was a deliberate reference

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lord Stimperor posted:

The only acceptable celebration is winter solstice, the rest is all imported bullshit

Weihnachten is Winter Solstice, just with a thin veneer of Christianism tacked over it.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
As a dumb regressive Fleischeater, why shouldn't avocados be vegan, what?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

skipThings posted:

As a dumb regressive Fleischeater, why shouldn't avocados be vegan, what?

Bee-sploitation.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Libluini posted:

Weihnachten is Winter Solstice, just with a thin veneer of Christianism tacked over it.

I won't accept it until the crucifix and tree are replaced by the jule log :argh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Randler posted:

Bee-sploitation.

dann is nix vegan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

dann is nix vegan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

No, no. These bees are exploited because they are used in an unnatural manner. A posh person said so on Q.I.!

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I wise man once posted: "Ein bisschen Ausbeuten müssen die Viecher schon abkönnen, mein Leben ist auch kein Pony schlecken."

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

most normal thing I heard all week, thanks for palette cleanser

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Huh, I didn't know Cingulate was an Austrian teen

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Speaking of which (Döner, not Cingulate): welcome to the first installment of Ein Berliner in Köln - Dönerrezensionen:

Zülpicher Döner at Zülpicher Platz: these guys bake their own bread in house :wth: The resultant Döner, priced at a luxurious 4€, ist dann auch ziemlich brotig. 5/10
Falafel King at Luxemburger Straße: I had a falafel here, which is the vegan man's Döner. The guy working there was literally asleep standing up when I came in and remained so for 5 minutes even though I said "hello". Good falafel. 6/10
El Habab at Luxemburger/Sülzburgstraße (lol): very good falafel, and the "normal" size is 2.50€ (it's about 4 bites worth of falafel). 7/10
That one Döner place near my house in Nippes: "junger Mann" were the only words I could understand during the whole order process. Captivating mystery sauce. Fairly poo poo overall, 4€, 2/10

Conclusion: eat mor chikpeas

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There was, probably still is, a shop in Potsdam that got whole wheat bread for their döner from the traditional bakery next door. That was good poo poo and whole wheat döner should be more of a thing.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Warum Döner, wenns doch Dürüm gibt?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Smirr posted:

Speaking of which (Döner, not Cingulate): welcome to the first installment of Ein Berliner in Köln - Dönerrezensionen:

Zülpicher Döner at Zülpicher Platz: these guys bake their own bread in house :wth: The resultant Döner, priced at a luxurious 4€, ist dann auch ziemlich brotig. 5/10
Falafel King at Luxemburger Straße: I had a falafel here, which is the vegan man's Döner. The guy working there was literally asleep standing up when I came in and remained so for 5 minutes even though I said "hello". Good falafel. 6/10
El Habab at Luxemburger/Sülzburgstraße (lol): very good falafel, and the "normal" size is 2.50€ (it's about 4 bites worth of falafel). 7/10
That one Döner place near my house in Nippes: "junger Mann" were the only words I could understand during the whole order process. Captivating mystery sauce. Fairly poo poo overall, 4€, 2/10

Conclusion: eat mor chikpeas

Hmm, that's a good idea. Lemme think...

There is (or was, I haven't been there in ages) a small Dönerstand at the Hannovermarkt in the 20th district of Vienna where you could get an ok Döner for 2€, which made it a godsent for broke students like me. Döner 5/10, Preis/Leistung 10/10
Gersthof Döner at the Gersthofer Markt in the 18th. I used to live in the area and ate many a quick Döner there which actually tasted really good, especially for a tiny hole-the-wall joint crammed in between one of those Turkish looking guys selling newspapers from the literal floor and a sketchy alley where you can by mystery meat at a run-down Würstlstand. It used to be 2,50€, but I think they raised their prices recently. 7/10
I can't remember the name or where exactly it was, but somewhere in the vicinity of the Westbahnhof I once ate the worst Döner of my life. Meat that tastes like cardboard? "Bread"? Weeks old veggies begging for death? It's all in there! 1/10
I think it was a small joint at Meidling S-Bahn (not sure though) where they offered a Dönerbox with those Asia noodles. I ordered it and the very motivated guy was like "yeah, it's our newest innovation, make sure to come back and tell us how you liked it!". It tasted like poo poo though, so I never did. 2.5/10 for effort
A la Turka in Friedberg/Bayern makes the best goddamn Döner in all the world, tell your friends (or not, lest the queues become even longer). 11/10 (e: actually I thought this over and while their Döner is good and a solid 8/10 it’s their Pide and Iskender where they really shine)

Also the one of the 7,273 Döner joints in Wedding I randomly stumbled into once had a really good sauce imo, 7.5/10. There’s a Dönerrestaurant in Augsburg Maxstr. near St Ulrich und Afra where people insist that it’s really good but I wasn’t terribly impressed, 5/10. And while I lived three years in Freiburg and know that I must have eaten Döner there I have zero recollection of them, so I have to remain silent on that one.

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 21, 2018

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Bee-sploitation.

Bees! This reminds me, I need to go out on Saturday and make sure I get new Waldhonig to mix into my hot cocoa on Weihnachten. Thanks, Randler!

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Gatac posted:

Warum Döner, wenns doch Dürüm gibt?

Genau das. Ich mein, wenn sie so eine von diesen Brotröstmaschinen haben, die die Dönertasche schön cross und geriffelt machen dann lass ich mir das auch mal gefallen. Aber Dürüm mit frischgebackenem Fladen ist einfach der Renner.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Randler posted:

Gyros supremacy

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Alles was in Brot serviert und aus der Hand gegessen wird ist Döner. Döner? Döner. Dürüm? Döner? Falafel? Döner. Gyros? Döner. Waffeleis? Döner.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Smirr posted:

Alles was in Brot serviert und aus der Hand gegessen wird ist Döner. Döner? Döner. Dürüm? Döner? Falafel? Döner. Gyros? Döner. Waffeleis? Döner.
Makes me think of this

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"But what about Bratwurst im Brot?", you ask. "Surely that can't be Döner?" Verily, I ask you: does the Bratwurst not rotate (dönmek) on the grill, by the Grillmeister's own hand, before it is slapped into the Schrippe (pide)?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Paniertes Schnitzel = Döner, wenn Panade aus Semmelbröseln? :ohdear:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Paniertes Schnitzel = Döner, wenn Panade aus Semmelbröseln? :ohdear:

Wenn du's aus der Hand isst, ja

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Wanna try a Bratwurst with Gemüse, Soße and Scharf now

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Wanna try a Bratwurst with Gemüse, Soße and Scharf now

You mean, like a curry wurst? (Onions are Gemüse, after all. :v: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Libluini posted:

You mean, like a curry wurst? (Onions are Gemüse, after all. :v: )

Bratwurst auf Kraut has the Gemüse, Soße and Scharf all united in the Kraut.