Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It’s a shame that Fugo’s overpowered rear end gets kicked out of the series, I forgot how much I liked him and his stand :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have to wonder why Araki made Avdol overpowered only to barely use him, then make Okuyasu overpowered only to barely use him, and then make Fugo overpowered and fight less than the previous two.

At least Fugo seemed to be set up to be a traitor and maybe have Giorno's immunity to his virus play into the inevitable fight, but still!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I feel like Illuso could have won his confrontation if he at least had the foresight to bring a gun into the mirror world. I forgot that Moody Blues bodied his Stand.

Illuso has pretty much the perfect stand user assassination tool he had a lot of right to be confident. He only lost in the end cause Giorno is a crazy fucker.

Like I can think of like two Stand Users Illuso would not have been able to defeat.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

It’s a shame that Fugo’s overpowered rear end gets kicked out of the series, I forgot how much I liked him and his stand :(

It's weird because he could theoretically stick around till the end and most of the fights wouldn't change.

-Narancia is very isolated during Clash and Talking Head
-Using Purple Haze inside the plane would have been suicide during Notorious B.I.G.
-There would have to be changes for Green Day and Oasis, the easiest one would be having Fugo jump back into to the boat with Narancia.

The only time he would be a problem would be during the soul switch since now there is an odd number of souls. Although if he stuck around to this point he would probably be joining Narancia on top of the spikes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From looking at the manga Cioccolata probably replaced Fugo's fight. As their stands have similar basic concepts.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 21, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The added backstory makes me wonder if they are actually going to add a Fugo fight, the scene with him and Bruno feels like foreshadowing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm wondering if they'll ever do the rest of Mistas backstory. It's pretty small just him meeting Bruno but I dunno it feels unfinished to me for some reason

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Love when Fugo is rambling about the history of Pompeii, Abbacchio is staring out the window and not paying attention while Giorno's on map duty.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

As one of the two people whose favorite italian boi is Fugo (the other being the PHF guy) I'm glad they're adding to his backstory. Not sure I like this version better than the one in PHF but oh well.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I somehow always manage to forget just about everything about Fugo outside of his Stand ability and him ditching the team. Like watching the newest episode, his backstory felt brand new to me. I don't even dislike the guy, I just can't remember he's in the story half the time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's because his backstory WAS new.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

can't wait for Rock Humans to somehow be related to Aztec statues carved from pillars

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I always just assumed he was born into the gang since he was so young, and I haven't read Purple Haze Feedback (yet) so it's a bit surprising they added this. Is this the first time they've added something this significant to the story?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

With regards to the backstory not matching up with PHF, how important are the details to PHF? Could they still do a PHF OVA with the changes?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

His family situation and the reason he beat his teacher are different. It's not entirely unsalvageable but you'd have to either ignore those bits or rewrite the inner dialogue he has where things remind him of his past.

Honestly the bigger shot against a PHF OVA here is that the differences mean that David either was unaware of PHF or didn't care about it enough to use its version of events, so it means that Fugo will just disappear halfway through the story.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

again, i'm pretty sure the biggest thing against them making an ova here is the fact that this isn't some rohan one-off where there's still an actual manga to pull key details from. it's a whole lot more effort to just whip up an entirely new deal based off of what a light novel says. if they somehow do come out and say there's going to be one it'd be wild, but i'm not going to hold my breath here.

i also kind of doubt they'd be entirely unaware of its existence given how much attention they pay to details in the series as it is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

From the anime thread:

YggiDee posted:

Sometimes I wonder about the kind of experimentation it takes for someone to figure out their own Stand power and limitations. Your basic Punch Ghost or Fire Chicken is fairly straightforward. Sometimes you get a Stand who talks and they'll just tell you what's up. Then you have this piece of work. I suspect the learning curve for Purple Haze was pretty, uh, corpse-y.

I'm fuckin' giddy waiting for B.I.G.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I haven’t read PHF. What are the differences between the backstories here and there? And since I forget 90% of this fight, what scenes were in the original manga?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I haven’t read PHF. What are the differences between the backstories here and there? And since I forget 90% of this fight, what scenes were in the original manga?

Everything except the beginning in the van and Fugo's backstory.

I think they should be able to fit the rest of the fight next episode and then it's all aboard the Firenze-Bound Super Express. :getin:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

The differences from looking it up are that Fugo was close to his grandmother and when she passed away he was unable to attend her funeral because of his studies. The professor he attacked insulted his grandmother. Afterwards he did go to prison and met Bucciarati there. However after joining Bucciarati he also became one of Diavolo's assassins and preformed many missions for him, keeping them a secret from the team cause he felt Bucciarati would not condone them.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
I read and enjoyed PHF but I will never accept it because it wrongly claims that my good friend Tonio Trussardi gained his stand because his brother was poked by an arrow, and not because of Tonio's pure heart and mastery of cooking. That is a vile accusation to make.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tonio Trussardi is a cooking god and that's how he got his stand.
Purple Haze is cool as heck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finally finishing up the Part 4 anime and I had forgotten Bites the Dust was beaten because Kira monologued too long. :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

GimmickMan posted:

His family situation and the reason he beat his teacher are different. It's not entirely unsalvageable but you'd have to either ignore those bits or rewrite the inner dialogue he has where things remind him of his past.

Honestly the bigger shot against a PHF OVA here is that the differences mean that David either was unaware of PHF or didn't care about it enough to use its version of events, so it means that Fugo will just disappear halfway through the story.

Has David done any JoJo OVAs based on the light novels? I think they're only doing manga adaptations

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Literally the only Jojo OVA they've done is the one Thus Spoke Rohan.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Two, actually.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
It's been long enough now that I honestly forget how a lot of these fights go. I remember how this fight ends but not how they get from point A to point B, and I was just completely drawing a blank on the last third or so of Little Feet.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all i care about is that after this should be the train sequence unless i'm somehow forgetting something entirely

fugo is cool but all i can think about is that he's gonna poof anyways so nothing will come of this admittedly dope as hell portrayal of purple haze

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Part 5 sure does have the crazy as gently caress scary stand thing going with Purple Haze and King Crimson.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
"Ugh why does Giorno just magically know how to solve the problem, smh."

Giorno:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait to see anime watchers reactions to the bullshit Giorno does in this fight.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/736775679849549824

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It was jellyfish.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Honestly "I made a vaccine by transforming the shell into a snake and using its venom" makes about as much sense as anything else in this series. I don't know why people have a problem with it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Momomo posted:

Honestly "I made a vaccine by transforming the shell into a snake and using its venom" makes about as much sense as anything else in this series. I don't know why people have a problem with it.

That's Babyface, what Giorno does here is since the snake he created from stone was "born" in the virus it has immunity to it so Giorno drinks it's blood because of the white blood cells or something like that.

The biggest thing is why it works like that.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I think Giorno pulls the most obvious bullshit of any JoJo, mostly because his power is so stupidly unclear and vague, ending with him getting the "NU UH DIDNT WORK ON ME NOW YOU IN DEATH LOOP" finale. And I don't really mind it because he doesn't do much of it since it focuses on the other bros. with more limited abilities so much, so when he finally does get focus, you can just say "here comes the bullshit."

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

giorno is the worst example of it in the series. i wouldn't even blink if there was a fight where he won because sometime in the beginning he turned a handful of rocks into weird stag beetles that only eat a particular kind of moss which he handily also turned part of a wall into and while everything was going on he waited for them to eat enough of the moss until the wall fell onto the villain during some monologue. it would just be Another Giorno Thing.

compare to johnny whose ultimate power of 'actually, you're hosed entirely' is only achieved in a particular state after a long bout of personal development and the death of his best friend, and he almost ends up icing himself with it at one point. which i realize sounds kind of biased given my current username and such but it genuinely is much better handled than part 5's whole wet fart of a 'climax'. maybe the anime will make things better in my eyes. anything's possible. as it stands i'm just excited about the stuff along the way to the end, not the end itself.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I can kind of see how GER will work now, because the anime is putting in so much of 'Giorno's will to accomplish ihs DREAM and progression will overcome any obstacle and his bros really learn to respect him' in a bit better than reading the old manga translation. Then you come against this completely unstopabble rear end in a top hat with the most ridiculous Stand to this point to "how the gently caress do you get around that" that kills all his bros and the true main character. So GER becomes, "no, gently caress you I have a DREAM and your bullshit Stand won't stop it" as opposed to "what the gently caress!?"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has Araki ever said if Giorno kept GER or did it go back to normal after defeating Diavolo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Has Araki ever said if Giorno kept GER or did it go back to normal after defeating Diavolo?
Why wouldn't he keep the arrow updated stand for life when people keep their arrow created stand for life?