Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Clearly Döner is a form of hotdog.

God, now I'm hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Imagine four Bratwürste on the inside of a pide. Say a direct copy of the Bratwurst nearest your mouth is sent to the back of the line of Bratwürste and takes the place of the first Bratwurst. The formerly first Bratwurst becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth drops down your gullet.

Time works the same way.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Smirr posted:

Imagine four Bratwürste on the inside of a pide. Say a direct copy of the Bratwurst nearest your mouth is sent to the back of the line of Bratwürste and takes the place of the first Bratwurst. The formerly first Bratwurst becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth drops down your gullet.

Time works the same way.

That reads like a reddit ELI5

az
Dec 2, 2005

Döner is clearly a form of Currywurst. Also a Döner mit Wurst would prob own.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Smirr posted:

Time works the same way.
Imagine drei im Weggla

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

Makes me think of this

Speaking of, I actually had a poptart for the first time a short while ago, since Edeka had some Amerika-Aktion. It kinda sucked. You'd think that with how fat America is they'd at least be good at making candy, if not any other food, but nope.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
moment

Pommes auf Toast? :psyduck:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lord Stimperor posted:

That reads like a reddit ELI5

And if we knew what an "ELI5" is supposed to mean, we would think your post was really funny. Alas, normal people don't read Reddit, so

Anyway, that stuff is I think, older than Reddit anyway. (Get it? I juxtaposed "Reddit" with "dirt")

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Speaking of, I actually had a poptart for the first time a short while ago, since Edeka had some Amerika-Aktion. It kinda sucked. You'd think that with how fat America is they'd at least be good at making candy, if not any other food, but nope.

American sweets are really gross. Donuts, marshmallow, Hershey chocolate, pancakes, maple syrup: all bad.

The only exception is American cheese cake.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Libluini posted:

And if we knew what an "ELI5" is supposed to mean, we would think your post was really funny. Alas, normal people don't read Reddit, so

Anyway, that stuff is I think, older than Reddit anyway. (Get it? I juxtaposed "Reddit" with "dirt")

Don't know if your comment was irony or not, but ELI5 stands for 'Explain like i'm 5' on reddit. When there's an ELI5 question, people respond with really contrived and forced :psyduck: analogies. Like, physicists already have a knack for making really bad analogies that only complicate the material they're trying to explain. But redditors can effortlessly top that. That's what my comment was alluding to. I did not intend to piss anyone off btw.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Hey, donuts are great!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

moment

Pommes auf Toast? :psyduck:

There‘s an Imbiss here that does amazing chicken and fries and they have a sandwich which is basically a piece of pide with chicken meat, fries, hummus and aioli rolled up. It owns.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

pidan posted:

American sweets are really gross. Donuts, marshmallow, Hershey chocolate, pancakes, maple syrup: all bad.

Calling donuts or american pancakes bad should be a highly probatable offense, especially after calling cheesecake good

but Hershey's is or is not literally something something sour milk, tastes disgusting either way

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Also everything with peanut butter in it is good

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/anettselle/status/1076075193951547398

You heard it here first, Umweltschutz is dangerous Linksextremismus and must be stopped at all costs :allears:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

System Metternich posted:

https://twitter.com/anettselle/status/1076075193951547398

You heard it here first, Umweltschutz is dangerous Linksextremismus and must be stopped at all costs :allears:

The ones setting cars on fire instead of making more of them are probably the only sane people left in this whole shitshow of a civilization

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

frankenfreak posted:

Makes me think of this

No landerig, 4/10

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Perestroika posted:

American dishes have complex preparations, though, so the only authentic American cusine experience you find abroad are wedding barbecues.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Did you put in in the toaster? When my brother came back from his Amerikaaustausch (about five years ago though so maybe the recipe has changed or something), he also brought a pack of poptarts along, and while they tasted decidedly not good untoasted their flavour was way better after some toaster action imho

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

When I was little we had an American bakery in our city for The Troops, and our English teacher once took us on a trip there and bought reach of us a brownie, a donut and some other thing I can't remember.

It was unbelievably rich, not one of us managed to eat a whole one of any of the things.

No bake cheesecake is good though, but not really better or much different than normal cheesecake.

Muffins are English, right?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Did you put in in the toaster? When my brother came back from his Amerikaaustausch (about five years ago though so maybe the recipe has changed or something), he also brought a pack of poptarts along, and while they tasted decidedly not good untoasted their flavour was way better after some toaster action imho

I did, but that basically just turned the experience from "untoasted toast with strawberry jam" to "toasted toast with strawberry jam". Like, it wasn't gross or anything, just not really something I'd want to eat for a tasty treat.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

pidan posted:

Muffins are English, right?

The thing you probably mean is American. English muffins are Toastbrötchen

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

You remember that police party in iirc Hamburg where police officers wearing only their pistol on the hip were dancing on the tables and having sex in the public? Well, it's happened again:

quote:

Das hatte mit Recht und Ordnung nichts zu tun: In Hannover ist die Weihnachtsfeier der Zentralen Polizeidirektion (ZPD) komplett aus dem Ruder gelaufen.

Eine Feiernde erlitt eine Platzwunde, nachdem sie eine Bierflasche an den Kopf bekommen hatte, wie die "Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung" (HAZ) unter Berufung auf die ZPD-Mitarbeiterzeitschrift berichtet. Ein Gast musste demnach in den Schwitzkasten genommen werden, damit er nicht auf andere Teilnehmer der Veranstaltung losgeht.

Zudem registrierte die Polizei einen abgebrochenen Außenspiegel an dem VW-Bus des DJs. Schließlich stellten die Organisatoren fest, dass eine Geldkassette mit mehreren Hundert Euro gestohlen wurde. Junge Polizisten hätten sich Kochsalzlösung gespritzt, damit der Schnaps am nächsten Morgen keinen Brummschädel verursacht. Ein Besucher habe wenige Meter von der Toilette entfernt an eine Hütte uriniert und sei anschließend umgekippt. Auf der Veranstaltung feierten den Angaben zufolge mehrere Hundert Gäste in einem eigens errichteten Weihnachtsdorf.

I really need to get invited to a northern German police party one day, I guess :cop::tutbutt:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lord Stimperor posted:

Don't know if your comment was irony or not, but ELI5 stands for 'Explain like i'm 5' on reddit. When there's an ELI5 question, people respond with really contrived and forced :psyduck: analogies. Like, physicists already have a knack for making really bad analogies that only complicate the material they're trying to explain. But redditors can effortlessly top that. That's what my comment was alluding to. I did not intend to piss anyone off btw.

Ugh, Reddit just gives me the creeps. :mad:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

r/AskHistorians is one of the best places on the internet to learn about history, though it’s also extremely strictly moderated

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

pidan posted:

The things you would pick up a grocery store are indeed bad, but housemade stuff can be quite good. Frankly, if you don't like blueberry pie I'm really not sure you can be in good conscience considered human.

*Opens "Are Bavarians Human?" chart, puts in strike in "against" coulumn.*

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You remember that police party in iirc Hamburg where police officers wearing only their pistol on the hip were dancing on the tables and having sex in the public? Well, it's happened again:

I really need to get invited to a northern German police party one day, I guess :cop::tutbutt:

When people say "gently caress the police", that is not what they mean!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ich ziehe ernsthaft in Erwägung gerichtlich gegen Aldi vorzugehen. Man hat eindeutig zu wenig Baumkuchen bevorratet. :colbert:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

http://m.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/spenden-buerger-schenken-staat-rekordsumme-zum-schuldenabbau-a-1245200.html

People are donating a record amount of money this Christmas. However they're donating it to the state to reduce debt :psyduck:

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

Randler posted:

Ich ziehe ernsthaft in Erwägung gerichtlich gegen Aldi vorzugehen. Man hat eindeutig zu wenig Baumkuchen bevorratet. :colbert:

I'll buy all my Baumkuchen, Marzipanbaumstämme, Lebkuchen and Glühwein after Christmas is over for that sweet 30-50% discount.

Osterglühwein, my friends!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lord Stimperor posted:

http://m.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/spenden-buerger-schenken-staat-rekordsumme-zum-schuldenabbau-a-1245200.html

People are donating a record amount of money this Christmas. However they're donating it to the state to reduce debt :psyduck:

Not really. It's usually about 150k Euros a year. But this year, they got like half a million in April, which makes this times amount of about 600k a record.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

SavageGentleman posted:

I'll buy all my Baumkuchen, Marzipanbaumstämme, Lebkuchen and Glühwein after Christmas is over for that sweet 30-50% discount.

Osterglühwein, my friends!

If they don't have any stock now, they won't have reduced stock after the winter solstice, though.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Lord Stimperor posted:

SCHWAR
ZE
NULL

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Lord Stimperor posted:

The best part is that, per law, reducing the state debt is not gemeinnützig.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Das Risiko beginnt beim Tonfall, wenn der Regen gegen die Kaimauer peitscht: Die Besessenheit davon, statt Nachrichten „Stories“ zu verfassen, verführt zum laxen Umgang mit der Wahrheit. :allears:

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

:psyduck:

Wie jetzt alle großen TS auf einmal mahnend den Finger heben, als ob es irgendwo anders liefe.

In other news, Titanic Migründer Bernstein ist gestorben :(
http://www.titanic-magazin.de/news/fw-bernstein-ist-tot-10172/

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

haldolium posted:

:psyduck:

Wie jetzt alle großen TS auf einmal mahnend den Finger heben, als ob es irgendwo anders liefe.

Ich finde den ersten Absatz trotzdem toll, wo die ganzen Füllwörter und Verfüllphrasen vom Spiggl in Gänsefüßchen gesetzt werden.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Randler posted:

Ich finde den ersten Absatz trotzdem toll, wo die ganzen Füllwörter und Verfüllphrasen vom Spiggl in Gänsefüßchen gesetzt werden.

Ja, der ist schön. Leider kann die FAZ sich das nicht leisten, so wenig wie die SZ oder Zeit.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Way more hilarious are the American newspapers writing things like "this could never happen here", presumably without bursting into laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

cebrail posted:

Way more hilarious are the American newspapers writing things like "this could never happen here", presumably without bursting into laughter.
It's because they already stopped pretending to have standards.