Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Former DILF posted:

not just retarded, every marine is a sharpshooter too

just like lee harvey oswald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

got any sevens posted:

he hit his target, didn't he?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

got any sevens posted:

And Charles Whitman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IWK9sRYTs

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I've never met a marine that had enough brains to realize his time in the service was complete and total bullshit

People Leaving The
Army: What a loving waste of time, bunch of bullshit
Navy: Goddamn, Navy life sucks, least I got to see Singapore
Air Force: loving boring as gently caress, I've got this nice sun tan though

marine: rah rah rah loving loved it, everyone who isn't a marine is a complete loving pussy, no such thing as a former marine, once a marine always a marine
me: so why didn't you re-enlist?
marine:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mycroft Holmes posted:

he hit his target, didn't he?
That's debatable :v:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

I've never met a marine that had enough brains to realize his time in the service was complete and total bullshit

People Leaving The

marine: rah rah rah loving loved it, everyone who isn't a marine is a complete loving pussy, no such thing as a former marine, once a marine always a marine
marine:

air force? sun tan?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I can confirm that they don't take kindly to reminders that the greatest snipers in history were often women and all killed Nazis and that Kyle killed women and children very well

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

People Leaving The

marine:

i got in trouble at work alongside some retired military guys because we talk poo poo about the marines so much and the two guys in charge are retired marines lmao

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
I was in an all-branches military technical school attending a party and was saying something like 'man i loving dont want to hang out with a goddamn marine' and a marine nearby bowed up and confronted me. I sort of calmly explained that I generally dislike marines because every time you meet a marine, you know they're a marine before you even know their name. I said I can't relate to someone whose whole identity is a service affiliation. I expected I'd get swung on, but the guy just sort of looked a little downtrodden and then i felt bad lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i got drafted, 17-18 years ago.

kinda sucked that i had to put my plans on pause but actually i didnt know what i wanted to do anyway. Worked 10 months at a major hospital, nominally I was an office helper like photocopies and document shredding, but after a while I also got to help installing Microsoft Office 95 at the local govt building!

Had a colleague who was pretty cool for a 20-year old (he was 30+). All summer we drank wine in the server room, the coolest room in the building

Anyway, social work draft is good. Everyone should work for society in some way for a long time

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Krankenstyle posted:

i got drafted, 17-18 years ago.

kinda sucked that i had to put my plans on pause but actually i didnt know what i wanted to do anyway. Worked 10 months at a major hospital, nominally I was an office helper like photocopies and document shredding, but after a while I also got to help installing Microsoft Office 95 at the local govt building!

Had a colleague who was pretty cool for a 20-year old (he was 30+). All summer we drank wine in the server room, the coolest room in the building

Anyway, social work draft is good. Everyone should work for society in some way for a long time

Where the gently caress do you live, because I genuinely think a social draft system is a pretty good idea for contributing to society, building skills and developing relationships with people outside of your cohort.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Service guarantees citizenship, citizen

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Germany probably? If the government can make you go to school for 10+ years I don't see why not this. Probably would be better than an extra year memorizing poo poo in school too.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

air force? sun tan?

It is by far the chillest branch

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lil Peeler posted:

Where the gently caress do you live, because I genuinely think a social draft system is a pretty good idea for contributing to society, building skills and developing relationships with people outside of your cohort.

denmark

i wish it was more tho, total social draft

when i was 18, i got called for natioal service and they asked if i wanted army or people

people kick rear end imo

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

fart store posted:

I was in an all-branches military technical school attending a party and was saying something like 'man i loving dont want to hang out with a goddamn marine' and a marine nearby bowed up and confronted me. I sort of calmly explained that I generally dislike marines because every time you meet a marine, you know they're a marine before you even know their name. I said I can't relate to someone whose whole identity is a service affiliation. I expected I'd get swung on, but the guy just sort of looked a little downtrodden and then i felt bad lol

Marines are the crossfit of the military

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah, I know a couple of cool ex Marines, but there's definitely the ooh rah element. I'm also friends with a couple of West Point grads, and they say they and most of their friends are disenchanted lefties at this point.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ElGroucho posted:

People Leaving The

marine:

I used to work as a bellhop with a retired Marine. He would walk up to naval officers and say "you know, the Marines are department of the Navy...the men's department." He'd say that to a loving admiral if he had the chance.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I used to work as a bellhop with a retired Marine. He would walk up to naval officers and say "you know, the Marines are department of the Navy...the men's department." He'd say that to a loving admiral if he had the chance.

"Seabees make better lovers; ask any Marine's wife."

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

dont they call it the chair force cus you're indoors all day erry day

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
When your work day ends at 1:45 there's plenty of time left to catch some rays.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

dont they call it the chair force cus you're indoors all day erry day

Sometimes even underground for several days at a time: https://www.wired.com/2011/01/death-wears-a-snuggie/

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ElGroucho posted:

except for all the religion and anime swords

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Isn't that the entire point of the marines is to train them to be that way. They just go head on into whatever not really giving any fucks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This guy sounds cool, actually.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol yeah being a proud marine is pretty dumb but using that status to mock high ranking people in the same stupid power structure is pretty funny

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

marine:

I was like this up until I went and actually fought in Iraq. My experience is the closer to front lines you are the more disenfranchised you are. Admin dorks in air conditioning in Kuwait love the corps. Grunts trying to find WMDs they know aren’t there are on the verge of mutiny. My job was to keep generators running in a small remote outpost and I was ready to commit war crimes at the drop of a hat.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

Isn't that the entire point of the marines is to train them to be that way. They just go head on into whatever not really giving any fucks.

They catch all the bullets and commit all the war crimes so the other branches can roll in and do all the real work later.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

red19fire posted:

I was like this up until I went and actually fought in Iraq. My experience is the closer to front lines you are the more disenfranchised you are. Admin dorks in air conditioning in Kuwait love the corps. Grunts trying to find WMDs they know aren’t there are on the verge of mutiny. My job was to keep generators running in a small remote outpost and I was ready to commit war crimes at the drop of a hat.

Yeah the only people who don't shut the gently caress up about the corps once they're out are either people who like killing or pogs

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

red19fire posted:

is this a confession?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

fits my needs posted:

is this a confession?

*extremely george bluth voice* I may have committed some light war crimes.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

back when I worked at a gas station I had a shift manager who was young, stupid and in the national guard. He was shooting the poo poo with a customer one late night and found out said customer was in the Marines and just got back from Afghanistan.

ShiftManager asked what it was like over there and the guy simply said "I FOUND OUT GOD DOESNT GIVE A gently caress!" He began laughing madly as he left, shouting out "GOD DOESNT GIVE gently caress!!!" one more time as he walked out

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i think we should amend the constitution so that officers in the service have to open up their homes as public toilets

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Former DILF posted:

i think we should amend the constitution so that officers in the service have to open up their homes as public toilets

That's what their wives are for

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Blast of Confetti posted:

That's what their wives are for

no see i'd like to be able to take a dump in there without having to take a dump in her

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Former DILF posted:

fun fact: this exact requirement was in the original text of the third amendment until george washington objected

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1076954796886757376
https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1076893874805710849

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

fun fact: this exact requirement was in the original text of the third amendment until george washington objected

amongst the worst of this monster's many crimes

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
It's still legal and in fact your duty to sleep with a serviceman's wife while he's deployed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dreddout posted:

It's still legal and in fact your duty to sleep with a serviceman's wife while he's deployed