Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I trust Gary Busey more than our current dipshit-in-chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Y’all should wear mittens when you post, it’d protect you from getting probed.

Idiots.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Professor Bling posted:

I mean ideally you should be wearing earplugs when riding a motorcycle anyway, because even with a fullface helmet you won't fully mitigate wind noise and will end up with hearing damage

This was especially true in the past but (some) helmets have gotten a lot better in this regard. I've got some schuberth thing and unless I'm doing 90 with a brutal crosswind I can easily have a phone conversation or listen to music at a moderate level.

I mean, it's still noise so hours of it is still gonna do some damage but I'd liken it to driving with the windows down.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Hey are we still talking about losing your head?

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-04-02/news/mn-41352_1_wife-guilty-found

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

:stare: holy gently caress

quote:

...said in halting testimony earlier this week that her husband entered her hospital room, set the head on a bedside table and said, "Look Diane, Glover's here. He'll sleep with you every night, only you won't sleep at night."

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Who were the people watching him cut, then kick, the head off? His one liner at the hospital gets him the Oscar.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

PathAsc posted:

Who were the people watching him cut, then kick, the head off?

People who know how to keep their heads

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Sounds like he kept a cool head on the way to the hospital.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

It was a really nice touch that he used a Head brand bag to bring it in.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I think that kills his 2degree murder angle. That’s a bit on the nose for no premeditation.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Yeah he really could have been a head writer in another life

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I guess he'll never be the head of a major corporation

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

He's head and shoulders above the competition for best murder one liners.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

He decapitated someone.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

She can't say he never gives her head.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

He decapitated someone.

and gave his wife the head. Head joke.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I trust Gary Busey more than our current dipshit-in-chief

Gary Busey for Press Secretary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE4MrFx2XCs

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

I think that kills his 2degree murder angle. That’s a bit on the nose for no premeditation.

If he bought the bag after the fact, that's just accessory, not premeditation.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Beach Bum posted:

Really, they should still also charge the bag for accessory to murder.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Beach Bum posted:

That’s using your head.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Well, this seems to be heading in the wrong direction.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If only that head had been wearing a helmet

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Wow, this is certainly a heady topic.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://youtu.be/pe8jOp349P8

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Apu owns

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

White House Staffer Devised Plan to ‘Hide Out’ for 6 Months While Still Getting Paid: Report

https://www.newsweek.com/white-house-staffer-tried-hide-out-six-months-1268313

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Tunicate posted:

White House Staffer Devised Plan to ‘Hide Out’ for 6 Months While Still Getting Paid: Report

Dude given what's in the white house this guy is probably the smartest person there

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Guy sounds like a colossal tool.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Midjack posted:

Guy sounds like a colossal tool.

On one hand, I can't hate someone for trying to skate through a job. On the other, yeah this guy seemed to be a dick.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Any E4 worth their rank could pull this off, no problem.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Icon Of Sin posted:

But that's a paradox, because none of those E4s ever get far enough to try planning out their early retirement like a high school student trying to figure out the bare minimum that they have to do in their classes to pass.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

Apu owns

Not anymore.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Gives a whole new meaning to the word "sever."

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Icon Of Sin posted:

I've wondered before if any military members ever slipped through the admin cracks where they just kept getting paid for years or even decades but nobody knew they existed as far as the unit level goes. Something like that has to have happened before.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

A boot at my first unit got told to standby in his room while they decided which platoon to send him to and then they never did so he sat in his room for over a month

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

A boot at my first unit got told to standby in his room while they decided which platoon to send him to and then they never did so he sat in his room for over a month

Wrong thread.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I don't know for sure, but the dude that the SF guys had as one of platoon leaders while I was at SWCS had been there in that position for about 9 months. He was in his late 30s, former medic, good old boy from North Carolina. Pretty sure they were pulling strings because they just liked him. He was still a student, he'd just go on medical hold for a bit, then go to the prep course again, get "hurt", then go back to Bragg for a couple of months to heal. Rinse repeat.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

DoktorLoken posted:

I've wondered before if any military members ever slipped through the admin cracks where they just kept getting paid for years or even decades but nobody knew they existed as far as the unit level goes. Something like that has to have happened before.

My brother had just been transferred to Tyndall when a hurricane levelled the base back in october. He's still living in a hotel room with his wife and two kids. They're slowly going insane but haven't heard where they're supposed to go.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^That's because the base is being rebuilt.

DoktorLoken posted:

Yes, but the book that discusses it is boxed away somewhere right now. I'm sure it happened more than once, but I only know of one event.

I think it was still early in WWII when the Army was plussing up fast. Some dude was at his training base, got orders to a unit on the base but they didn't know who he was, so he found an empty barracks and just moved himself in alone. He did the occasional random task around the base, but basically he just hosed off for months before anybody noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Godholio posted:

Yes, but the book that discusses it is boxed away somewhere right now. I'm sure it happened more than once, but I only know of one event.

I think it was still early in WWII when the Army was plussing up fast. Some dude was at his training base, got orders to a unit on the base but they didn't know who he was, so he found an empty barracks and just moved himself in alone. He did the occasional random task around the base, but basically he just hosed off for months before anybody noticed.

How did this not get made into a movie?