Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Later itt quid tells us he bought a rebuilt transmission that cost more than the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
1500quidToyotaCorollaKiller

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Wirth1000 posted:

1500quidToyotaCorollaKiller

Generous to say a 1980s corolla is worth 1500 canadian, much less 1500 pound.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Maybe 1500 yen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500 Lira

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500 post-brexit quid, which is gonna be worth less than either of those

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

ilmucche posted:

Generous to say a 1980s corolla is worth 1500 canadian, much less 1500 pound.

It was a 2003 Toyota Corolla Type-S that he killed unless there's something that I'm missing here :thunk:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Minto Took posted:

Later itt quid tells us he bought a rebuilt transmission that cost more than the car.

I’ve got a lead on a junkyard transmission for a cool grand, if I can bargain the guy down to $800 I’m gonna take the bullet on this. If not I’m gonna go back to 1980s cars because literally I got this car to avoid poo poo like this.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wirth1000 posted:

It was a 2003 Toyota Corolla Type-S that he killed unless there's something that I'm missing here :thunk:

Nah I didn't know how old it was

1500quidpoocati posted:

I’m gonna go back to 1980s cars

Nailed it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he should buy a ferrari IMO?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

he should buy a ferrari IMO?

Or realize he can't and shouldn't tow his karting trailer with a 4-door compact family car.

He lives in Alberta, too, which is like.... they practically give you pickup trucks for free. It's part of the provincial charter of rights.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

:discourse:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Or realize he can't and shouldn't tow his karting trailer with a 4-door compact family car.

He lives in Alberta, too, which is like.... they practically give you pickup trucks for free. It's part of the provincial charter of rights.

1500 do you know Bret Hart?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I remember one kid who was big into wrestling crying at school right after he died.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Solid progress so far lads. Forgot to break the wheel nuts before lifting it so I’m gonna need to figure that one out once the top end is all sorted.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidpoocati posted:

I remember one kid who was big into wrestling crying at school right after he died.

Bret Hart is alive you loving fake Canadian.

It was his brother Owen Hart that died way back in '99 and we all mourned him in elementary school.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I didn’t cause I don’t know anything about wrestling. hth

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

I didn’t cause I don’t know anything about wrestling. hth

We can teach you

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Hart Foundation was so much cooler than Dx.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Just saw the McLaren documentary. Most fascinating revelation is that American sports car racing was the nexus of all innovation and performance, the real big leagues where the big money is found. Formula "One" is a sad poverty spec series for Europeans who can't afford proper engine displacement.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Bring back CanAm and Group B. What could go wrong with modern technology????

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i love the immediate post-war period where F1 was such a poverty series that they literally ran F2 cars for a few years

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i love the immediate post-war period where F1 was such a poverty series that they literally ran F2 cars for a few years

hello, post from 2021.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.opinion-the-fantastic-frustrating-career-of-fernando-alonso.1GPhJhpPt2We8WgckUwcSY.html

Unironically a great piece on Alonso by Buxton. Great excerpt here:

quote:

I once asked him, in an interview that was never eventually televised, who he really was: the politician, the passionate racer, the hero, the villain?

“I don’t know,” he smiled. “I think it’s a mix of everything and everyone gets a different perception. That’s the good thing about life. You are different people for different situations.”

Perhaps that’s it. Perhaps he tried too hard to be what he thought he needed to be rather than just being true to the racer within him.

He went on to speak about the need to enjoy oneself in racing, how he’d forgotten to do that back in 2007 and how that had affected everything that had followed. He talked of 2010 and the hurt of that missed championship over ever other. How he’d cried himself to sleep and woken up still in tears.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So I went and bought a bunch of Tommy Hilfiger stuff and it’s really nothing special in fact a lot of it fits pretty poorly

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

So I went and bought a bunch of Tommy Hilfiger stuff and it’s really nothing special in fact a lot of it fits pretty poorly

Lmao owned.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

I have a Tommy Hilfiger jacket and it’s ok, just ok

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I’m wearing a counterfeit FILA shirt. It fits perfectly.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m currently dressed by primark

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I’ve got some decent coin riding on the NFL game tonight so I’m praying like hell that Denver wins so I get some cash towards the transmission

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidpoocati posted:

I’ve got some decent coin riding on the NFL game tonight so I’m praying like hell that Denver wins so I get some cash towards the transmission

This is not the kind of life anyone deserves.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

$1350.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Have you considered bitcoins?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Merry Christmas to all Worst Thread goons.

Except Khablam.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah, joyeux noël you connards. Merry christmas, may your christmas wish come true unless it's a ferrari or mercedes championship

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Buon natale, coglioni!!!!!!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Buon natale, coglioni!!!!!!

Dov'è il gabbagool che stronzo?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Dov'è il gabbagool che stronzo?

Nel culo della tua madre ahaha

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Holy lmao, gotta prepare a full post but suffice to say Theophany has outdone himself this year cause holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Buca di beppo