Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never realized how much he looks like Jeremy London.

Does he also have a raging pill addiction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope he has a renaissance and becomes a respected character actor.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Fat Brendan Frazier was amazing in that FX show about Getty Oil last year

E: Trust. It’s worth a watch

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Did they try to make Brendan Fraser look like those meme pictures of him fat and crying with the clickbait title of "Reasons Why Hollywood Won't Hire Brendan Fraser"? He looks like he was stung by all the bees

FreudianSlippers posted:

I hope he has a renaissance and becomes a respected character actor.

Give him a ponytail and make him buy heroin in a Tarantino movie and we're done

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Also divorce and aging added into the mix.

By my understanding he also had that thing Dave Foley had where his child support payments were set at the height of his career then when he stopped doing so well it exceeded his income.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

MikeJF posted:

By my understanding he also had that thing Dave Foley had where his child support payments were set at the height of his career then when he stopped doing so well it exceeded his income.

This seems like a system that’s been bad for decades. Should probably get around to fixing it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I never understand minimalist posters like this if it's not for a major movie. I have no idea what this movie is about and the poster tells me nothing.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FlamingLiberal posted:

I never understand minimalist posters like this if it's not for a major movie. I have no idea what this movie is about and the poster tells me nothing.

Well let's see... It's a purse on a hook, and purses usually have money... money... hooks... hookers! The movie is about hookers!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh my god are they Rebooting the Roswell TV series???

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

asecondduck posted:

Well let's see... It's a purse on a hook, and purses usually have money... money... hooks... hookers! The movie is about hookers!
Looking at the imdb page for this movie doesn't help with the context either

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Oh my god are they Rebooting the Roswell TV series???

Indeed they are. Too bad they are not continuing the story of the original series, Katherine Heigl can use the work.

asecondduck posted:

You should watch the trailer. It changes tone really dramatically midway. The movie is also by Neil Jordan (The Company of Wolves, The Crying Game, Byzantium).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwSr1KnGPTo

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
“Time takes everything but the truth” is some grade-A cryptic nonsense

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

This is giving off Hard Candy vibes.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

morestuff posted:

“Time takes everything but the truth” is some grade-A cryptic nonsense

So it suits True Detective perfectly.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Teenage Fansub posted:

So it suits True Detective perfectly.

After S2 about the only way to go is up for S3.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This one sort of reminds me of those Warner Bros. "Iconic Moments" slipcases:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Minimalist posters get a lot of well-deserved poo poo, but I'm really fond of One Page Movie because at least it gives you some feel of what you're seeing

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ugh, those are terrible.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
What movie is the 'Like a machine' page from?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Renoistic posted:

What movie is the 'Like a machine' page from?

OVER THE TOP!!!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Davros1 posted:

OVER THE TOP!!!

Thanks!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Stop

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
What’s the dart board one?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
An American Werewolf in London

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

This checks out.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Indeed they are. Too bad they are not continuing the story of the original series, Katherine Heigl can use the work.

You should watch the trailer. It changes tone really dramatically midway. The movie is also by Neil Jordan (The Company of Wolves, The Crying Game, Byzantium).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwSr1KnGPTo

genderbent bluebeard story makes a lotta sense with that filmography

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Minimalist posters get a lot of well-deserved poo poo, but I'm really fond of One Page Movie because at least it gives you some feel of what you're seeing

is there a coffee table book of these?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Samuringa posted:

These are all terrible. The American History X one genuinely seems like a joke

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
nah theyre cool

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I stand by my bad taste :shrug:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like the truck one.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Gripweed posted:

These are all terrible. The American History X one genuinely seems like a joke

I couldn’t figure out what the second one was at first until I finally realized that’s supposed to be Edward Norton.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Lebowski one and the Over The Top one are both pretty good, but so many of them are just so drab

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I Before E posted:

The Lebowski one and the Over The Top one are both pretty good, but so many of them are just so drab

The Over The Top one is the only one that manages to actually convey an emotion if you haven't seen the movie.

Although, I haven't Seen American History X. If there actually is a scene where a guy gets out of a shower and is just extremely confused, then fair enough that poster nailed it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gripweed posted:

The Over The Top one is the only one that manages to actually convey an emotion if you haven't seen the movie.

Although, I haven't Seen American History X. If there actually is a scene where a guy gets out of a shower and is just extremely confused, then fair enough that poster nailed it.

The Lebowski one also has the benefit of adapting a bit of visual comedy, so it's got a good portion of the work done for it already

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They all suffer from the minimalist poster problem of "You kinda have to have seen this to figure out what it's about" but some of them are entertaining in themselves.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The American History X one is bad because that's just an absolutely terrible drawing of Edward Norton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What's this one?