Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I've never heard of it, but apparently there's some popular anarchist podcast called The Guillotine, and one of its hosts (a guy called Dr. Bones I think) is being both dragged and cancelled for sex creeping. Anarchist Twitter is pretty much drawing and quartering him.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
another is laid low.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/687446125457096704

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The peoper response to people talking in the theater is to throw poo poo at them. You aren't supposed to actually eat milk duds, they're ammunition.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SlimGoodbody posted:

I've never heard of it, but apparently there's some popular anarchist podcast called The Guillotine, and one of its hosts (a guy called Dr. Bones I think) is being both dragged and cancelled for sex creeping. Anarchist Twitter is pretty much drawing and quartering him.

I really wish it was possible to fan of Chapo Trap House without also caring about fifteen other worse, less popular vaguely leftist podcasts hosted by sex weirdos and freaks.

but, alas

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Former Chiefs running back Larry Johnson go on Chapo
https://twitter.com/2LarryJohnson7/status/1076886155625414657?s=19

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

sexpig by night posted:

Matt was also on Ballin out Super and it went exactly how Matt Christman On An Anime Podcast would go.

the other hosts kinda suck but Matt having an existential crisis about his media consumption in the first 5 minutes was really good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Turn on your monitor

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Well it finally happened

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1077078947303706626?s=21

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
LUNCH CANT BE BREAKFAST YOU loving IDOT THATS WHY BRUNCH EXISTS is honestly the perfect stupid matt/virgil argument

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Those two not as much. Killmonger and the Aquaman guy wanted to end systems of oppression. Vanko only wanted revenge and the Vulture just wanted to make money, even if they both had legitimate grievances.

Michael Keton was fantastic as the Vulture and the character did make some really good points, but the "The Vuture was the good guy" take seems to ignore that his reaction to his legitimate grievance was to start illegally selling guns to whoever could pay.

eh Killmonger was genuinely into liberation but he got massive brainworms from working in CIA so anything he could come up with was "SEND WEAPONS TO ~GOOD GUYS~", which is not dissimilar to neoliberals stepping on the rakes tbh;
Aquaman villain is just a monarchist rear end in a top hat seeking pretext for good war and is not shown as a revolutionary or napoleonic figure aside from one scene where he says that humans throw poo poo into the ocean and shows some hologram whales

those dumb loving neolib studios should hear what people actually want and show black panther owning nazis and aquaman plus dolph feeding BP execs to piranhas instead of stupid game of thrones roaylty squabbles

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Dec 24, 2018

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Extremely good and funny ep.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Virgil's Jomny Sun bit was fantastic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Rapidly Going Deaf › Chapo Trap House: Christmas is identity politics

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Gripweed posted:

Killmonger and the Aquaman guy wanted to end systems of oppression. Vanko only wanted revenge and the Vulture just wanted to make money, even if they both had legitimate grievances.

fatherboxx posted:

eh Killmonger was genuinely into liberation but he got massive brainworms from working in CIA so anything he could come up with was "SEND WEAPONS TO ~GOOD GUYS~", which is not dissimilar to neoliberals stepping on the rakes tbh;
Vanko, Killmonger, Vulture, and Bane all have "legitimate grievances" and are then shown to be selfish or insane, or "going too far," or their plans are just weirdly vague. That's the point Chris and Matt are making. (It's also kind of weird to think that someone who wants vengeance on an evil system run by evil people shouldn't be read as a "good guy.")

quote:

those dumb loving neolib studios should hear what people actually want and show black panther owning nazis and aquaman plus dolph feeding BP execs to piranhas instead of stupid game of thrones roaylty squabbles
People would love a movie where Batman fires missiles into Raytheon headquarters, but they're never going to give you that.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

The cohost of that show has his own worth checking out, Revolutionary Left Radio.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Revleft radio is decent, had no idea that guy co hosted with another podcast with the midnight bomber's discount Slenderman cousin

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This Christmas episode is amazing

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I lolled when will was fake yelling at amber for writing stuff that pisses people off all the time

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

adebisi lives posted:

I lolled when will was fake yelling at amber for writing stuff that pisses people off all the time

Oh that whole bit was amazing. As was Will finally wanting to live again at the end.

https://twitter.com/LittenRed/status/1077323179453022208

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 24, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Amber actually being able to sing and being mad at the guys was good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Amber is, consistently, the most powerful Chapo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

sexpig by night posted:

Amber is, consistently, the most powerful Chapo

The best joke Chapo has ever done was when Matt used the phrase "Homo Economicus" in the middle of some long rant and when he paused for breath Amber very quietly said "You're Homo Economicus"

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah her voice was great! I don't think she ever sang on the show before

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

It’s as if Amber was in a band or something

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

(It's also kind of weird to think that someone who wants vengeance on an evil system run by evil people shouldn't be read as a "good guy.")

John Bolton or Hillary Clinton are going to show you public hanging photos from Iran and starving children in Venezuela, but you are not going to believe them that they want to save the opressed with MANPADS supplies, right?

anyway Killmonger and Bane completely steal their movies regardless of third act solutions from Marvel committee and David Goyers' reactionary politics. what they do and what they strike against remains the lasting memory from the mediocre movies that they participate in. unless you are a demented lanyard and, like, really inspired by cops having the last stand on gotham streets against the underclasses

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 25, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uranium posted:

It’s as if Amber was in a band or something

That doesn't mean anything, I've been in a band and I can't sing like that

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Iron Man 2 is Tony Stark being a pathetic drunk while Vanko rules every scene he's in. Vanko's cockatoo can handle his liquor better than Tony Stark

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Gripweed posted:

The best joke Chapo has ever done was when Matt used the phrase "Homo Economicus" in the middle of some long rant and when he paused for breath Amber very quietly said "You're Homo Economicus"

I liked when they said Homo Economicus is Latin for "gay for pay".

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nojrpd2WL30
finally, an upload of the starship troopers discussion

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Gripweed posted:

Amber leaving in the background to "go get my dick wet" is the best joke on cum town, so she's really batting a thousand

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pharmaskittle posted:

Amber being called Fat Titty Amber is the best joke on cum town, so she's really batting a thousand

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
My favorite Matt joke is still the one from Felix's Instagram story where they were in a van doing Dennis Miller impressions:

"Tell ya right now, Chachi, if Joe Kennedy III becomes President, he's gonna make Chappaquiddick look like Beach Blanket Bingo!"

e: this one

https://twitter.com/MrPlinkett/status/977648539571576843

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 25, 2018

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nick sounds so happy. :unsmith:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

"Isn't that the New Year's song?"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!
I received their book for Christmas. The book is very ok.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I received their book for Christmas. The book is very ok.

Yeah it starts off strong and then uh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Matt set his uncertainty and sad brains aside and killed it on tabletop V :unsmith:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
What's that?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Their series of tabletop games they post their playthroughs of. He would get so mad and upset because he didnt get it, but in the new one he went whole hog and rocked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Quote is not edit