Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SelenicMartian posted:

Starlink has a sale AND a massive content update?

What do you mean by massive content update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

What do you mean by massive content update

New enemies and camera mode and some other stuff I didn't check.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

and SANDWORMS

quote:

The Ashworms and Sandworms are the definition of predator. If either one of these creatures see you, they will follow you until you're able to escape. If you are talented enough, you can pluck a scale off the worm. Levi says that when the Sandworms are angry that they are fun to latch onto and charge into battle with. We don't recommend you do this.

Expedition Outposts are willing to trade the scales you receive for mods.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there more story? I basically 100% maxed out alliance and killed everything

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Nope, just a new mission type which sounds pretty minor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF5S-96HB88

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What DLC would I need to buy to 100% Starlink?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can’t wait until i can buy it in australia for 85% off

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Yeah I'm definitely getting Starlink in June 2019 when it's included free with a packet of Super Noodles.

Seriously, did the game tank or something? I'm genuinely surprised at the rate of price drop.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's a Toys to Life game like 2 years after those went bust.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The only ones people want are Amiibo, and nobody has any but the absolute newest releases in stock (for the whole six days before they're sold out and re-listed at triple msrp).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mister Facetious posted:

The only ones people want are Amiibo, and nobody has any but the absolute newest releases in stock (for the whole six days before they're sold out and re-listed at triple msrp).

Sony's Totaku line are alright, merchandise-figurines-wise. Though they clearly knew better than to try Toys 2 Life with them, because they're just inoffensively churning out a bunch of neat figurines that can go from shelf to bargain bin through the merchandise shelves instead of the game shelves so they don't piss off the retailers.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sony's Totaku

Pretty sure Totaku is a Gamestop/EB thing, which is why there's like, Conker and Master Chief and YuGiOh alongside the AG-SYS Fighter and poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

Pretty sure Totaku is a Gamestop/EB thing, which is why there's like, Conker and Master Chief and YuGiOh alongside the AG-SYS Fighter and poo poo.

Huh, for some reason I thought it was a Sony-made thing. Must've just been because of the launch lineup.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Gripweed posted:

I don't know anything about this game, but it looks cool

Do you mean the boxart looks cool?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Huh, for some reason I thought it was a Sony-made thing. Must've just been because of the launch lineup.

Yeah, can't blame you on that one I suppose

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Pretty sure Totaku is a Gamestop/EB thing
It is, it's from ThinkGeek (who are part of the Gamestop empire).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Kirios posted:

Well, they managed to hit the price point I was looking for with Starlink. Guess I own the game now?

It's basically Starfox Switch isn't it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kirios posted:

What DLC would I need to buy to 100% Starlink?

You'd need the alien guys ship, the one that looks like a mass effect, it's the only one with a anti grav weapon. Then you'd need one black hole weapon. I think that would cover all your bases since the game comes with fire and ice. I think that's all the elements

The digital version comes with everything you need to %100 it though.

At Target I saw it was $27 and came with an additional ship, that was a few days ago. So that would get you everything except a black hole weapon. Weapon two packs are like $5, probably cheaper right now

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I would legit pay upwards of $100 American dollars to get a digital collection of the entire run of Nintendo Power. I never had a subscription as a kid and only grabbed random issues when I could afford it or if a friend had extra, a full physical collection is one of those dream things I'd buy if I had unlimited space, money, and time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I would legit pay upwards of $100 American dollars to get a digital collection of the entire run of Nintendo Power. I never had a subscription as a kid and only grabbed random issues when I could afford it or if a friend had extra, a full physical collection is one of those dream things I'd buy if I had unlimited space, money, and time.

I got free issues for years after I stopped renewing, it was the weirdest thing. It must have been some computer error or someone hosed up putting in an expiration date.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
For a year or two one of my friends would get two copies of the same issue each month, I would grab extra issues from him. This was around the 100th issue, I remember the GoldenEye cover being one that I had.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
crocodile cacophony makes me want to play DK country

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Just got on the bus to travel to my brother's for Christmas and was about to settle into some Gris when I realized the Y button on my right joycon is only taking input every 4-5 button presses, ugh. I can't connect to the wifi to check for a firmware update either.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I love the Pilot Wings level in Smash. What's it gonna take to get a remaster, Nintendo?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SelenicMartian posted:

Starlink has a sale AND a massive content update?

Is the content update “massive”? I haven’t been paying attention.

[Ed] didn’t see this addressed on the next page. :)

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

How do I charge my Switch pro controller? Is it safe to use a regular phone charger or do I really need to use my Switch AC adapter or put it to the Switch while it's on?

It's ridiculous that I need to ask this question but this is Nintendo we're talking about.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Welp they called my bluff, starlink deluxe edition is half off on eShop until the 31st. So do i get it now or wait until it's 20 in another month?

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day
:europe:

Dead Cells down from £22.49 to £17.99 on eShop. All-time low price.
Into the Breach down from £11.39 to £7.63 on eShop. All-time low price.
Grim Fandango down from £11.49 to £3.47 on eShop. All-time low price.

Octopath Traveller still down from £49.99 to £29.99 on eShop.
Crypt of the Necrodancer still down from £17.99 to £3.59 on eShop.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle still down from £29.99 to £14.99 on eShop.

DekuDeals makes out that stuff doesn't go on sale for deep discounts much so I'm jumping on quite a few of these.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

number one pta fan posted:

:europe:

Dead Cells down from £22.49 to £17.99 on eShop. All-time low price.
Into the Breach down from £11.39 to £7.63 on eShop. All-time low price.
Grim Fandango down from £11.49 to £3.47 on eShop. All-time low price.

Octopath Traveller still down from £49.99 to £29.99 on eShop.
Crypt of the Necrodancer still down from £17.99 to £3.59 on eShop.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle still down from £29.99 to £14.99 on eShop.

DekuDeals makes out that stuff doesn't go on sale for deep discounts much so I'm jumping on quite a few of these.

Is the kingdom battle DLC discounted?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

Welp they called my bluff, starlink deluxe edition is half off on eShop until the 31st. So do i get it now or wait until it's 20 in another month?

Where is this? It still shows as $59.99 for me

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Elman posted:

How do I charge my Switch pro controller? Is it safe to use a regular phone charger or do I really need to use my Switch AC adapter or put it to the Switch while it's on?

It's ridiculous that I need to ask this question but this is Nintendo we're talking about.

The controller can be plugged into anything. The switch dock is the only really sensitive part and requires the provided power.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is racist.

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day

Andrast posted:

Is the kingdom battle DLC discounted?

Season Pass is still £15.99 so I guess not.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Where is this? It still shows as $59.99 for me

Scroll down, the deluxe is in the dlc section

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

Scroll down, the deluxe is in the dlc section

Oh, it’s weird that it doesn’t show in searches. Thanks though

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

LethalGeek posted:

The controller can be plugged into anything. The switch dock is the only really sensitive part and requires the provided power.

I'll add that the dock's USB ports are powered even when the system is off, so that's the easiest way to charge stuff.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

punk rebel ecks posted:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is racist.

"I can't believe they put a black man next to a monkey"

Every reply after that: "Japan is such a hosed up backwards country and they need to get their poo poo together" as if a Japanese video game company represents the whole of Japan

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Heath posted:

"I can't believe they put a black man next to a monkey"

Every reply after that: "Japan is such a hosed up backwards country and they need to get their poo poo together" as if a Japanese video game company represents the whole of Japan

I mean I can KIND of see some of them.

I mean yeah I'm Arabic and "Mr. Sandman" may not be totally cool. But I'm not all "OMFG!!!! KKKintendo!!!"

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LethalGeek posted:

Not entirely true -- I bought an Anker USB hub that supports up to 15W charging so I could charge my Switch while playing handheld on the couch, and the Pro controller when needed, both using the USB-C cable included with the Pro controller. Curiously, it recognizes and charges my Switch, but does not recognize the Pro controller. I contacted Anker and they flat out told me that the Switch Pro controller isn't a compatible accessory.

I'm still a do-do when it comes to USB-C standard, but this is probably the first time in my life I've ever run into something like this. So, I still have to get up and move the controller and cable over to the Switch dock to charge it, which sucks, but I only have to do that like once or twice a month, so it's not that big of a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
The deejay/Diddy combo definitely raised my eyebrows. Why didn't they use Ryu or Ken lmao. At least with Mr sandman, you actually fight donkey Kong in the new punch out, I'm leaning towards innocent intent there

Maybe there's a reference I'm missing or something with deejay