Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

USB-C has multiple different profiles and what the charger supports can be variable, so it's always good to check the specs of the charger.

Standard are
5v
9v
15v
20v

All of these can go up to 3 amps but aren't required to go up to three amps and charger can also support whichever voltages that the maker wants. There's also a 12v profile that some devices and chargers support.

The OEM switch adapter is rated for 15v@2.6a and 5v@1.5a.

So, to drive the dock, you would typically need a 45w adapter that includes the 15v@3a profile. Otherwise, you can only charge the switch itself.

If your adapter doesn't have a 15v profile, the switch will only charge at 7.5watts (5v@1.5a). So, you can have a 27watt adapter (typically supporting 5v@3a and 9v@3a) and it will still only charge at 7.5watts and won't be able to power the dock.

The pro controller comes with an A-C cable which naturally limits charge rate. Its input rating is 5v@0.5A. Nearly anything USB should be able to charge it, but I guess there could be some signaling issues with some types of power sources (like hubs) causing it not to charge. It may be tricked into data only mode when connected to a hub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

KingSlime posted:

The deejay/Diddy combo definitely raised my eyebrows. Why didn't they use Ryu or Ken lmao. At least with Mr sandman, you actually fight donkey Kong in the new punch out, I'm leaning towards innocent intent there

Maybe there's a reference I'm missing or something with deejay

I don't know much about street fighter, but I assumed that the character was some sort of grappler cause the fight has Diddy using his jumping grab special primarily.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

a7m2 posted:

Yeah, I meant to say high ranks is a genuine challenge but until world 3 even high rank is easy. After that it's challenging and really, really good. Even before that it's really fun. I was really surprised because I hated rabbids (and still do in fact). The only downside is that you're forced to take at least one rabbid in your team.

If you wouldn't voluntarily include rabbid Luigi on every team you have no business playing a tactics game

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is racist.

Yeah, that's really hosed up. But not surprising unfortunately, coming from Nintendo.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, that's really hosed up. But not surprising unfortunately, coming from Nintendo.

I'm not even getting why Dee Jay is Diddy Kong. Dee Jay is all about kickboxing.

Sam Faust posted:

I don't know much about street fighter, but I assumed that the character was some sort of grappler cause the fight has Diddy using his jumping grab special primarily.

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Dee_Jay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjtpDf73_YI - skip to 57 seconds for all of his special moves.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 24, 2018

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
We got Ultimate Chicken Horse last night and drat this game is a blast. This is everything Mario Maker should have been and more.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

We got Ultimate Chicken Horse last night and drat this game is a blast. This is everything Mario Maker should have been and more.

It's not

(it's a pretty fun party game though)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is racist.

Resetera dumber than a sack of hammers, news at 11

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

KingSlime posted:

The deejay/Diddy combo definitely raised my eyebrows. Why didn't they use Ryu or Ken lmao. At least with Mr sandman, you actually fight donkey Kong in the new punch out, I'm leaning towards innocent intent there

Diddy mostly fights with kicks

Also in the original Japanese version Deejay had a special where he clamped to the enemy fighter’s face like a facehugger and

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

TheKingofSprings posted:

Resetera dumber than a sack of hammers, news at 11

eh those examples are pretty cringeworthy at best

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Andrast posted:

It's not

(it's a pretty fun party game though)

I know nothing about the game. Is it anything like Mario Maker?

Edit: Just watched the trailer, wow, looks fun!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate has too many electric monsters

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

KingSlime posted:

I imagine the pronunciation of Deejay is Japan is something like Dee dee-ay, Diddy representing him because of the similar name

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I just spent ages trying to understand why the characters are racist without even realising the Kong characters had anything to do with it. Cool link really informative I guess.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Why are you guys acting like it's not clear that in the US it's very hosed up to even come close to comparing black people to monkies and apes? Come on guys Jesus Christ you're not all really this stupid

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s Nintendo they never do anything wrong

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Gripweed posted:

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate has too many electric monsters

Khezu, Astalos, Zinogre, Lagiacrus, and Rajang for non-Elder Dragons? Considering the sheer number of monsters, that's not too much.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

JBP posted:

I just spent ages trying to understand why the characters are racist without even realising the Kong characters had anything to do with it. Cool link really informative I guess.

I too wish I were blissfully unaware of horribly hateful racist stereotypes that have been perpetuated across the entire globe for decades.

Congrats on your racism-free life, champ

Anyways, the deejay is really the only one giving me weird vibes, the rest seem normal enough

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Diddy mostly fights with kicks

Also in the original Japanese version Deejay had a special where he clamped to the enemy fighter’s face like a facehugger and

okay but maybe, and bear with me on this, maybe they shouldn't use monkeys to represent characters with dark skin

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

KingSlime posted:

I too wish I were blissfully unaware of horribly hateful racist stereotypes that have been perpetuated across the entire globe for decades.

Congrats on your racism-free life, champ

Anyways, the deejay is really the only one giving me weird vibes, the rest seem normal enough

I was squinting at the actual characters, bud. I didn't even realise the kongs were assigned by the game because there is no explanation of that.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

JBP posted:

I was squinting at the actual characters, bud. I didn't even realise the kongs were assigned by the game because there is no explanation of that.

sorry, you are now deemed racist for the crime of not knowing enough about smash brothers screenshots

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh ok, your post just seemed dismissive is all.

So from the wiki deejay page, I'm not seeing anything that could remotely link him to Diddy. Yeah, that one should have been scrutinized a little harder lol

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I would legit pay upwards of $100 American dollars to get a digital collection of the entire run of Nintendo Power. I never had a subscription as a kid and only grabbed random issues when I could afford it or if a friend had extra, a full physical collection is one of those dream things I'd buy if I had unlimited space, money, and time.

Honestly, I don't know why Nintendo hasn't put up this kind of deal yet. I guess there isn't much interest though - the physical issues at least are a very hard sell. They sit around in game shops pretty much forever. I picked up about 25 issues from this one shop for around $80 (not a bad price, the other place I went to charged eBay price per issue instead of a bulk price - at least I got to save on shipping - though they also did a bulk discount after of about $30 off) and they remembered me from literally over two years ago as the person who had bought a whole bunch from them before as well, even though I've literally changed my hair and glasses completely since then. I asked, "Has anyone else come in and bought a whole bunch besides me since then?" and he said nope! And mind you, this is in Columbus, Ohio, so not a small town. I live two and a half hours away so it's a long trip to make for these but it's worth it to be able to pick out individual issues instead of buying lots on eBay where nine times out of ten these days I have all but one or two of the issues in the lot already, or where I'm paying exorbitant fees for single issues, plus shipping, and no bulk discounts.

I don't have unlimited space, which is a definite problem, and I don't have unlimited money, though I shared a few of my strategies for minimizing costs above (like I said, that one shop sells any issue to me for literally around $3... I think I've gotten something like 85 issues from them for that price), but I do have pretty much unlimited time. I'm not trying to do this by a certain date or anything. It's a fully attainable thing, there are a set number of issues and it's not too massive, only 285. I've never wanted a full library for any of my consoles (except Virtual Boy, because it's easy) (I'm not crazy) but Nintendo Power? That's something that has a lot of hold over me as a huge fan of the company, of print media, and of video game history.

NextSundayA.D.
May 13, 2009
I to never played smash and was a little confused. but, the second post in the thread makes it clear what is going on.
Ok, third.

NextSundayA.D. fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 24, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When you got 1200 spirits statistically some of them are gonna be racist

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Eh it could be that they were just haphazardly throwing stuff together in an attempt to fill out content asap (WoL feels pretty quickly baked together)

But this is the kind of thing that would caught at any point during development/play testing/localization/literally anytime before or after launch, it's not exactly the copy+pasted mother 3 sprite we're talking about here

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

KingSlime posted:

...not the thief spirit being represented by a dark skinned Villager color variant?

Mr. Sandman can be interpreted as an innocent decision as DK is often the fighter of choice to represent big punchy boys, but still this:

Looper posted:

okay but maybe, and bear with me on this, maybe they shouldn't use monkeys to represent characters with dark skin

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
So is Labo officially a big failure? Never hear anything about it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

...not the thief spirit being represented by a dark skinned Villager color variant?

Mr. Sandman can be interpreted as an innocent decision as DK is often the fighter of choice to represent big punchy boys, but still this:

If you really want to give them the benefit of the doubt, you could construe that the black villager character was an attempt to get the general color pallette/tone between the spirit and the fighter match as closely as possible

And you do fight DK in the latest punch out, even if yeah it's still a big oversight that could have been nipped

With deejay I'm struggling more to come up with an "innocent mistake" explanation

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

African AIDS cum posted:

Nintendo sold over a million people cardboard, no it's not a failure lol.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

KingSlime posted:

With deejay I'm struggling more to come up with an "innocent mistake" explanation

they're both musical party boys who fight with lots of kicks and are partially nude

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

African AIDS cum posted:

There isn't a whole lot of discussion about it on the internet probably because the kind of people who talk about Nintendo things on the internet aren't its target market. Its sales have been somewhat disappointing but I don't think it's in "big failure" levels.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

bushisms.txt posted:

Nintendo sold over a million people cardboard, no it's not a failure lol.

Seems like its marked down like crazy everywhere

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

KingSlime posted:

If you really want to give them the benefit of the doubt, you could construe that the black villager character was an attempt to get the general color pallette/tone between the spirit and the fighter match as closely as possible

And you do fight DK in the latest punch out, even if yeah it's still a big oversight that could have been nipped

Apparently the Villager used in that fight had his skintone changed to black in a later build. So that one might have been an oversight.

But the other cases? Totally malice. One case of this (Mr. Game and Watch's old feather, which got patched out.) could be argued as "ignorance", but multiple cases is just malice.

And considering that this was a boss that in a game that Sakurai directed:

I really don't think benefit of the doubt is something people can afford to give.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

African AIDS cum posted:

Seems like its marked down like crazy everywhere

It came out in March right? And what's crazy? In stores I've only seen it marked down like $10 bucks.

Seriously, where is it cheaper cause i want to buy it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Labo is the Playstation Home pf the Nintendo Switch.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Brother Entropy posted:

they're both musical party boys who fight with lots of kicks and are partially nude

and presumably in Japanese their names start with the same syllable

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Captain Falcon would make a better kickboxer than diddy

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is the starlink upgrade pack marked down at all? I bought that last week :smith:

Though I did trade in some old games to bring the price down a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

content
Feb 13, 2014

I know Advance Wars fans were disappointed with Tiny Metal, but worth it at $12?