Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

NGDBSS posted:

Bring the crew to the Sunken Tower of Walse. (If this isn't open you can access it by pointing out the last water crystal fragment in Tower of Walse, Part 1.) The first encounter can be auto-battled, and the second one is just FF5's Gogo. Yes, that Gogo encounter. After 40 seconds of staring at each other he'll give the speech about perfect mimicry then gently caress off, netting you an easy ~300K XP for two mindless fights.

Yup, just found that one. Also cute of them to load you up fully with fire abilities, and have one of the ??? absorb fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

I'm a compulsive level-everyone-er in the record dungeons, but Biggs and Wedge are just bad. Wedge is a caster who they give thief abilities to, and Biggs tends to get stuff like dispel strike on non-buffing enemies, and just doesn't measure up to actual dps party members. In contrast Elarra can swap for whoever's the healer very easily and do a fine job of it.

Biggs in the record dungeons is another case of DeNA trying to insist that tank party members actually work in its game where they've systematically removed any sort of incentive to do tanking. Once you can get him in other contents he does pretty well for himself as a Knight/Heavy. He's not quite on Gladio-With-USB tier, but he's something.

Wedge is a mess. Wind-themed hybrid attacker in a game that, as of recently, absolutely abhors hybridization of any sort. As of the DQ collab, he's even got the new worst LMR in the game, on par with Fran LMR1 and Thief LMR.

Hogama posted:

Wedge's Divine Robe [LMR, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - Auto Blind & Silence Recovery

From what I can tell it's on par with Rosa and Edward's LM2s that only have a chance of curing the statuses if you get them. So yeah, good job there buddy.

Bruceski posted:

Yup, just found that one. Also cute of them to load you up fully with fire abilities, and have one of the ??? absorb fire.

That's sadly source-accurate, that ??? is the Jackanapes/Gakimasura that was the bane of the EXP daily for the first two years of the game's life.

It's omni-absorb. And counters any non-lethal damage with Moon Flute, 100% of the time. That is also game-accurate.

Final Fantasy has some loving awful game design decisions in every single title, if you look close enough.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 26, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

KataraniSword posted:

It's omni-absorb. And counters any non-lethal damage with Moon Flute, 100% of the time. That is also game-accurate.

Final Fantasy has some loving awful game design decisions in every single title, if you look close enough.

Oh I know, I play FFV religiously.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

Oh I know, I play FFV religiously.

Oh, okay. I forget who all I see in the fiesta thread/discord. :shobon: I just really hate Jackanapes, except as an abject lesson that FF5 really doesn't want you to use the Brave Blade, ever.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Vincent and Reno are good hybrid characters

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Vayne is also perfectly serviceable.

Japan's true best hybrid character is Cecil with his Awakening, now that he's a full white mage and knight. And other then the purely physical entry, Sephiroth is apparently one of the better darkness mages too with his.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

:toot:

Siren and Hades, dead, without chains. Now I can get started on 5* magicites

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

So Imperils and Breaks are real in 5* magicites, right?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

So Imperils and Breaks are real in 5* magicites, right?

Imperils are great, since 5* magicite bosses start off at only 1.2x vulnerability. Breaks are more effective than on 3* and 4* (30% vs. 20%), but still not worth dedicating characters or ability slots for them imho.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fister Roboto posted:

Imperils are great, since 5* magicite bosses start off at only 1.2x vulnerability. Breaks are more effective than on 3* and 4* (30% vs. 20%), but still not worth dedicating characters or ability slots for them imho.

Exception to this is bosses with single stat self-buffs. It can definitely be worth Breaking those off.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Exception to this is bosses with single stat self-buffs. It can definitely be worth Breaking those off.

As an example, Famfrit gives himself a +50% MAG at several points in the fight. While a Magic Break (the 3* combat skill) is only a -9% reduction (30% of 30%), that reduction erases the buff, which can be the difference between a party wipe and survivable piercing attacks.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

KataraniSword posted:

As an example, Famfrit gives himself a +50% MAG at several points in the fight. While a Magic Break (the 3* combat skill) is only a -9% reduction (30% of 30%), that reduction erases the buff, which can be the difference between a party wipe and survivable piercing attacks.
And as an inverse example, in the currently ongoing Gauntlet of Warriors one of the bosses inflicts a -99% MND debuff that lasts for 10 seconds as an AoE. It procs twice so you can't just rely on Affliction Break to block it to keep your healer from getting junked, it can't be blinked, and with it up most dedicated healers will only be outputting 100-500 HP rather than something in the thousands. But because it just alters MND, you can erase it with the 3* White Magic ability of Grace for +20% MND instead.

There's a fair bit of trickery you can play with overwriting status effects in this manner, but most occurrences are niche enough that you're not intended to worry about them.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 27, 2018

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Are you kidding me? I thought Grace was one of the most useless ability additions in the game but it finally has an edge case. Wooooow.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
JP's current fest is five banners with triple awakening each, well except one. Triple rates compared to 4th + Aether Lenses. 8 discos per banner.

Banner 3 has FOUR awakenings.

This is a joke.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Holy loving jesus.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

And as an inverse example, in the currently ongoing Gauntlet of Warriors one of the bosses inflicts a -99% MND debuff that lasts for 10 seconds as an AoE. It procs twice so you can't just rely on Affliction Break to block it to keep your healer from getting junked, it can't be blinked, and with it up most dedicated healers will only be outputting 100-500 HP rather than something in the thousands. But because it just alters MND, you can erase it with the 3* White Magic ability of Grace for +20% MND instead.

There's a fair bit of trickery you can play with overwriting status effects in this manner, but most occurrences are niche enough that you're not intended to worry about them.

I don't know the math for this, but the combo of mbd and full break are just enough to give me survivability for Quetzalcoatl, especially in the 30-40 second phase. Wall and Catastrophe rws are also in play, but just these two alone aren't enough.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Right, so those new Fest banners for JP.
Guess I'll lead with the balance changes: Noctis gets 6* Samurai and 6* Heavy, Seifer gets 6* Samurai, Elena gets 6* Machinist, Angeal gets 6* Spellblade and 4* White Magic, Squall gets 3* White Magic.
Along with all the Awakenings, remember, this debuts the 6* Glints - no cost Glints that can only be used once per fight. They'll be labeled "Glint+" for banner purposes here.
(Also, just like Terra, Shantotto's Glint on her Awakening is the same as her LM2 - if one is active when the other goes off, the duration refreshes.)

Banner 1 posted:

Rydia's Rune Whip [AASB, +10 MAG] - 15 single-target Water/Earth/Holy/NE summon magic attacks, MAG & RES +30% to party, Summoning Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Trinity Summon to user
Summoning Awakening Mode: Unlimited Summoning Hones, Summoning Ability Boost & Dualcast Summoning
Trinity Summon: After using 2 Water, Earth or Holy abilities, chases with 8 single-target Water/Earth/Holy/NE summon magic attacks

Alphinaud's Draconomicon [AASB, +10 MAG] - 15 single-target Wind/NE summon magic attacks, En-Wind, Summoning Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Cometeor to user
Summoning Awakening Mode: Unlimited Summoning Hones, Summoning Ability Boost & Dualcast Summoning
Cometeor: After using 3 Wind abilities, chases with single-target Wind/NE Overflow summon magic attack

Shantotto's Wizard's Petasos [AASB, +10 MAG] - 15 single-target Lightning/NE magic attacks, En-Lightning, Witch Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Shantotto Trance to user
Witch Awakening Mode: Unlimited Witch Hones, Witch Ability Boost & Dualcast Witch
Shantotto Trance: MAG +30%, DEF & RES -30% and High Quick Cast

Rydia's Chosen of Feymarch [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Water/Earth/Holy Overflow summon magic attacks
Fujin's Wing Edge [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 20 single-target Wind magic attacks & single-target Wind Overflow magic attack

Fujin's Twin Viper [CSB, +10 MAG] - Activates Wind Limit Chain (150) & 50% Wind Field, MAG +50% to party

Garnet's Rubber Suit [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Lightning/NE summon magic attacks, 75% Lightning Radiant Shield to party, God Rumble to user
God Rumble: After using 2 Summoning abilities, chases with 10 single-target Lightning/NE summon magic attacks + Smart Summoning Ether 1
Ultimecia's Phantasmal Dress [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Wind/Dark magic attacks, En-Wind, MAG & RES +30% and Black Magic Ability Double to user

Alphinaud's Caller's Loincloth [Glint, +10 MAG] - 6 single-target Wind/NE summon magic attacks, Instant Cast, En-Wind & En-Wind Stack to user

Rydia's Platinum Bangle [LMR, +10 MAG] - SUM Damage +25% with Whip equipped
Shantotto's Black Cloak [LMR, +10 MAG] - MAG +1% with each BLK hit, up to 20%

Alphinaud's Caller's Himation [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Garnet's Princess's Bracers [LMR, +10 MAG] - When using Bard abilities, 25% chance to cast h25 heal to party
Ultimecia's Harmonia Armlet [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Orlandeau's Saintly Ragnarok [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Holy/Dark/NE critical physical attacks, Critical Chance +100%, Thunder God Mode, Thunder God Awakening Mode & Break Damage Cap Level 1 to user
Thunder God Awakening Mode: Unlimited Knight or Darkness Hones, Knight or Darkness Ability Boost & Dualcast Knight or Darkness
Thunder God Mode: High Quick Cast

Terra's Lufenian Saber [AASB, +10 MAG] - 15 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire, Fire Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Terra Trance to user
Fire Awakening Mode: Unlimited Fire Hones, Fire Ability Boost, Dualcast Fire
Terra Trance: ATK/DEF/MAG/RES/MND/ACC/EVA +20% & Quick Cast

Kain's Dragoon Lance [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Lightning/NE jump attacks, En-Lightning, Dragoon Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 2 & Tempest Lance to user
Dragoon Awakening Mode: Unlimited Dragoon Hones, Dragoon Ability Boost, Instant Jump
Tempest Lance: After using 3 Dragoon abilities, chases with single-target Lightning/Wind/NE Overflow ranged physical attack

Orlandeau's Masamune [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Holy/Dark physical attacks & single-target Holy/Dark Overflow physical attack
Kain's Brionac [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Lightning Overflow jump attacks
Rem's Parrying Daggers [AOSB, +10 MND] - 20 single-target Holy/Dark white magic attacks & single-target Holy/Dark Overflow white magic attack

Golbez's Meister Rod [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, En-Dark, 99% maxHP recoil, 100% Stoneskin & Shadow Dragon Mode to user
Shadow Dragon Mode: Dualcast Darkness & chases with single-target Dark/NE Overflow magic attack when status is removed, multiplier is dependent on number of Darkness abilities used during it; Disappears simultaneously with Stoneskin

Kain's Luminous Seeker's Guise [Glint+, +10 ATK] - No Air Time & Instant Cast 1, Instant Cast, does not require SB points
Orlandeau's Mythril Helm [Glint, +10 ATK] - Critical Damage +50% & Instant Cast 1 to user, Instant Cast

Kain's Luminous Seeker's Cap [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Dragoon abilities
Orlandeau's Moonblade [LMR, +10 ATK] - PHY Damage +20% with Sword equipped
Kain's Thunder Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Terra's Meister Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Terra's Asura's Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance of Dualcast Fire abilities

Banner 3 posted:

Cloud's Brave Blade [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, Wind Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1, Critical Chance +100%, Quick Cast & Cloudy Wolf to user
Wind Awakening Mode: Unlimited Wind Hones, Wind Ability Boost & Dualcast Wind
Cloudy Wolf: After using 3 Wind abilities, grants use Instant Cast 1 & 250 SB Points, deactivates Cloudy Wolf

Noctis's Swords of the Wanderer [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Fire/Earth/Lightning/NE physical attacks, Critical Chance +100%, Lucis Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Royal Mode to user
Lucis Awakening Mode: Unlimited Fire/Earth/Lightning Hones, Fire/Earth/Lightning Ability Boost & Dualcast Fire/Earth/Lightning
Royal Mode: Quick Cast; When status is removed, chases with single-target Fire/Earth/Lightning/NE Overflow physical attack, multiplier is dependent on number of Fire/Earth/Lightning abilities used during it

Squall's Cutting Trigger+ [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, En-Ice, Ice Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1, Quick Cast & Blasting Freeze to user
Ice Awakening Mode: Unlimited Ice Hones, Ice Ability Boost & Dualcast Ice
Blasting Freeze: When status is removed and ?/?/? Ice abilities are used during it, chases with ?, ? or 10 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks + single-target Ice/NE Overflow physical attack at 50% critical rate

Sephiroth's Genji Blade [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, Darkness Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & 500 SB Points to user
Darkness Awakening Mode: Unlimited Darkness Hones, Darkness Ability Boost, Dualcast Darkness

Noctis's Star of the Rogue [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Fire/Earth/Lightning physical attacks & single-target Fire/Earth/Lightning Overflow physical attack
Sephiroth’s Cetra Blade [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Dark physical attacks & single-target Dark Overflow physical attack

Deuce's Platinum Piccolo [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, High Regen & High Quick Cast 2 to party, Instant Cast, Cure Melody to user
Cure Melody: After using White Magic or Bard abilities, grants h25 heal to party

Cloud's Ama-no-Murakumo [Glint+, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast & Zero SB Cost, En-Wind & En-Wind Stack to user
Noctis’s Cap [Glint, +10 ATK] - Critical Damage +50% & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Cloud's Flametongue [LMR, +10 ATK] - PHY Damage +20% with Sword equipped
Noctis's Rune Saber [LMR, +10 ATK] - PHY Damage +20% with Sword equipped
Squall's Hyperion [LMR, +10 ATK] - Quick Cast 3 at the start of battle
Deuce's Baroque Flute [LMR, +10 MND] - When using Bard abilities, 25% chance to grant user 30% Heal Boost
Cloud's Organics+ [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Wind abilities

Banner 4 posted:

Seifer's Avenger [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Dark/Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, Sorceress Knight Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1, Switch Draw Mode & Egoistic Blade to user
Switch Draw Mode: En-Fire after using Fire abilities, En-Dark after using Dark abilities
Sorceress Knight Awakening Mode: Unlimited Dark/Fire Hones, Dark/Fire Ability Boost & Dualcast Dark/Fire

Egoistic Blade: After using 2 Dark or Fire abilities, chases with 8 single-target Dark/Fire/NE ranged physical attacks[/i]
Tidus's Zanarkand Abes Uniform [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Water, Sharpshooter Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Ace Shooter to user
Sharpshooter Awakening Mode: Unlimited Sharpshooter Hones, Sharpshooter Ability Boost, Dualcast Sharpshooter
Ace Shooter: After using 3 Sharpshooter abilities, chases with single-target Water/NE Overflow ranged physical attack

Bartz's Freelancer Guise [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/NE physical attacks, Fire/Water/Wind/Earth Damage +30%, Spellblade Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Master Barrage to user
Spellblade Awakening Mode: Unlimited Spellblade Hones, Spellblade Ability Boost, Dualcast Spellblade
Master Barrage: After using 2 Fire, Water, Wind or Earth abilities, chases with 8 single-target Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/NE physical attacks

Gabranth's Death Sickle [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Dark Limit Chain (150) & 50% Dark Field, ATK +50% to party

Yuna's Rod of Wisdom [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 20 single-target Holy/Wind summon magic attacks & single-target Holy/Wind Overflow summon magic attack
Raines's Dual Claw [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Dark/Holy Overflow magic attacks

Yuna's Healing Rod [USB, +10 MND] - h55 heal, High Quick Cast 2 & Last Stand to party, Instant Cast, En-Holy & En-Holy Stack to user
Bartz's Hammerhead [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind & EX "Essence of Wind" to user
EX "Essence of Wind": After using Wind abilities, grants High Quick Physical 1 to front-row members & chases with [1>5>15>1>5>15...] single-target Wind/NE physical attacks

Seifer's Vishnu Vest [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, minor Imperil Dark, Dark Damage +10% to user

Tidus's Sonic Steel [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Water abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Bartz's Golden Shield+ [LMR, +10 ATK] - Spellblade Damage +25% with Sword equipped
Gabranth's Barbut [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Yuna's Magic Gun [LMR, +10 MND] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Yuna's Bridal Gown [LMR, +10 MND] - 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities

Banner 5 posted:

Agrias's Guise [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy, Knight Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Divine Ruination to user
Knight Awakening Mode: Unlimited Knight Hones, Knight Ability Boost & Dualcast Knight
Divine Ruination: Inflicts ST minor Imperil Holy after using 2 Knight abilities

Celes's Ice Brand [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Ice/Holy/NE physical attacks, Magic Blink 1 to party, Ice/Holy Damage +30%, Indomitable Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Awakened Runic to user
Indomitable Awakening Mode: Unlimited Ice/Holy Hones, Ice/Holy Ability Boost & Dualcast Ice/Holy
Awakened Runic: After using 2 Ice or Holy abilities, grants user Magic Blink 2, chases with 5 single-target Ice/Holy/NE physical attacks if user has Magic Blink

Zidane's Butterfly Edge [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, Thief Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & 25% Thief SB Booster
Thief Awakening Mode: Unlimited Thief Hones, Thief Ability Boost, Dualcast Thief

Celes's Ultima Blade [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Holy/Ice/Wind Overflow physical attacks
Zidane's Ozma's Splinter [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Wind Overflow physical attacks

Rosa's Guise [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Regenga & High Quick Cast 2 to party, Instant Cast
Lightning's Royal Armlet [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/Lightning physical attacks, En-Holy & EX "Knight of Etro" to user
EX "Knight of Etro": After using Holy abilities, High Quick Physical 1 to front-row members & chases with [1>5>15>1>...] single-target Holy/Lightning/NE physical attacks
Eight's Killer Knuckles [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Ice, Last Stand to party, Ice Crusher to user
Ice Crusher: After using Monk abilities, chases with 4 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks

Zidane's Navy Gilet [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Wind & En-Wind Stack to user

Agrias's Carabineer Mail [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Agrias's Jade Armlet [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Knight abilities
Celes's Platinum Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Rosa's Selene Bow [LMR, +10 MND] - 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities
Lightning's Edged Carbine [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Only two 6* Glints: Kain and Cloud.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 27, 2018

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There's ALSO an end of the month Final Fantasy VII event (at long last)!

Details still coming in, but we can deduce a lot of it.

Awakening + Glint for Tifa (Monk Awakening, Break Damage Cap 1, "Meteo Arts" chase every 3 turns)
Awakening for Vincent (Fire Awakening, Break Damage Cap 1, Vincent Trance)
Awakening + Glint for Zack (Wind Awakening, Break Damage Cap 1, "Pride Inheritance" chase every 3 turns)

Ultra + Glint for Angeal (Party? Medium Shield 2 - reduces damage by 50% for the next 2 hits)
Ultra + Glint for Rude (Thunder God Mode for 15 seconds, chases Earth with "Continuous Ground Drive" every 3 turns)
Ultra + Glint for Elena ("Special Bombs" chases Fire every 2 turns (if it's not her Glint effect)

The VII dives we've been missing are here, too.

VII Legend Materia posted:

Angeal LM1: PHY Damage +10%
Angeal LM2: Angeal Trance: ATK +50%, RES -50% & Quick Cast for 25 seconds
Angeal LMR: 25% chance of Dualcast Wind and/or Holy abilities

Rude LM1: Earth Damage +10%
Rude LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Earth
Rude LMR: En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Elena LM1: Fire Damage +10%
Elena LM2: Haste & Instant Cast 3 at the start of battle
Elena LMR: 25% chance of Dualcast Sharpshooter

Hogama fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 27, 2018

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Just to be sure since I forget - was there any explicit limit on Awakenings? Was it once per battle or am I confusing that with AOSBs?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

Just to be sure since I forget - was there any explicit limit on Awakenings? Was it once per battle or am I confusing that with AOSBs?
Once per battle.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

When I try to fight without enough stamina, instead of the thing asking if I want to use a potion/gems I've started getting a connection error. Is that happening to other people too?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They need better names for these. We already have AOSB. Now we have AOSB and AOSB. I will be calling them AOSB and AWSB.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hell yeah, a magic wind chain for someone who's not a nerd

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Hogama posted:

No, Seifer hasn't been balanced yet to actually have any Fire ability schools worth using (he's got like... Black Magic 2-3*?)

I'm reading that he was given Samurai 6.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I see they finally broke down and gave Noctis elements.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Any thoughts on the banners? I only got 50 mythril and thinking about pulling on banner 1. I only have clouds glint as a dupe.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

They need better names for these. We already have AOSB. Now we have AOSB and AOSB. I will be calling them AOSB and AWSB.

To be fair that's just the jp name who call arcane's ultra overstrikes or something.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

poe meater posted:

Any thoughts on the banners? I only got 50 mythril and thinking about pulling on banner 1. I only have clouds glint as a dupe.

If you don't have Godwall it's worth a pull. Probably better than any other banner if you only have 50 mythril.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I'm reading that he was given Samurai 6.
Yeah, at the time I wasn't seeing anything listed. Now there's multiple extras, including... Squall getting 3* White Magic.
Editing post after this.

Avalerion posted:

To be fair that's just the jp name who call arcane's ultra overstrikes or something.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 27, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, I think Avalerion was saying "they'll probably change Awakenings to something different too like they did AOSBs".

Cattail Prophet posted:

I see they finally broke down and gave Noctis elements.

Non-elemental is dead. Long live non-elemental.

Also, Noct Awakening lets us finally find out what happens if you actually dualcast a jump. He's got DRG 5/6 and True Dualcast Lightning.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Also, Noct Awakening lets us finally find out what happens if you actually dualcast a jump. He's got DRG 5/6 and True Dualcast Lightning.
Kain has straight up dualcast Dragoon materia :v:

They made a change already when Ingus got his Awakening, though, since it's dualcast Earth (and he could theoretically RW Wrieg's burst, which has an earth jump with air time)

Code change posted:

All JUMP interrupt (Wcast, chase and so on) will be instant air time starting now.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Non-elemental is dead. Long live non-elemental.

Not all the excitement was in the 6* realm

quote:

Kain's Luminous Seeker's Cap [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Dragoon abilities

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Time for some impromptu Realms on Parade, all at once on December 27th. Perfect day??

FF1: Two relics! Another one of Garland's BSB swords, and his dualcast materia. Shame it only works on Darkness abilities since I have him doing Heavy stuff in my dark team for variety.
FF2: Disco! It's Gordon's Ultra. I imagine this is a pretty good torment tool.
FF3: One relic. It's Onion Knight's BSB. Would you believe me if I said I never had this until now? :shep:
FF4: One relic. Cecil's less impressive tanking LMR. I think I had this already.
FF5: Disco! I have a lot of stuff in FF5 though, so it might be disappointing... oh, would you look at that. It's Galuf's CHAIN. Holy hell.
FF6: I expect to be disappointed with everything from here on out because that was an amazing start. One relic here, it's Kefka's LMR, which isn't a terrible start for him.
FF7: Disco AGAIN? Oh, it's just Sephrioth's OSB. Next.
FF8: One relic. What the... Oh, a start with ice infusion materia for Rinoa? Sure, I have everything ELSE for her.
FF9: Disco AGAIN!! Come on, something good... nope, dupe Beatrix OSB.
FF10: One single relic. I never have good luck here. It's a Tidus BSB, the older and less impressive one.
FF11: Almost anything from here would be new and cool...? One relic, it's Aphmau's BSB. It's an interesting one, but I don't know if it's useful.
FF12: Another Disco, but it's just Fran's Ultra that I already have.
FF13: One relic, a dualcast LMR for Lightning. She gets good eventually right?
FF14: One relic once more, oh it's a Ysayle BSB dupe.
FF15: Disco... intriguing. It ends up being Aranea's Ultra. As far as Lightning Dragoons go, that sure is one.
FFT: Still pining for that Orlandeau LMR. One relic, it's Meliadoul's BSB. Sure.
FFT-0: Ending the way we started with a twofer. Ace's "sometimes give a blink to self" LMR, and Sice's Burst which is another dark boost armor as well as throws doom onto the party, so... gimmicks.

How's the haul? Those first few were pretty solid, I must say.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

That reminds me to post my final haul for this Fest season, bolding the ones that caught my attention:

0: (dupe) King's [Starting En-Thunder] Materia.
T: Ovelia's [W-cast White] Materia.
XV: Prompto's Second Burst.
XIV: Alphinaud's First Ultra.
XIII: Snow's [Attack Build-up per Tanked Hit] Materia.
XII: (dupe) Larsa's Burst.
XI: (dupe) Prishe's Burst.
X: Auron's [Attack Build-up per Tanked Hit] Materia.
IX: Quina's First Burst.
VIII: Squall's First Ultra.
VII: Aerith's [W-cast White] Materia.
VI: 2/3 (dupe) Sabin's Overflow, (dupe) Strago's Burst.
V: (dupe) Xezat's [W-cast Spellblade] Materia.
IV: Edward's [Buff Extension] Materia.
III: Aria's [Anti-Fire Stoneskin] Ultra.
II: Leon's [W-cast Darkness] Materia.
I: (dupe) Master's Burst.

Surprise Daily Pulls: Yuffie's Second Ultra, Rydia's First Ultra, (dupe) Freya's First Super.

Ultra Lucky: 4/11 Yang's, Balthier's, (dupe) Lenna's, (dupe) Alphinaud's First

VI's Gau Banner: 5/11 Umaro's Ultra, Gogo-VI's Ultra, Strago's First [W-cast Water] AND Second [Starting En-Water] Materias, (dupe) Gogo's Burst.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Alxprit posted:

Sice's Burst

Sice burst is really nice for a dark party. You don't need to bring any self doom abilities to get bonus damage on the darkness skills that need you to be doomed. Her burst also gives a party Atk and Mnd buff so it stacks with everything. Also Sice can do alright damage herself.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
here it is, doomsday day for me. here we go boys:

1st draw:
Rydia glint

2nd draw
Tifa LMR dupe
Tifa Arcane
Tifa Arcane

3rd draw
Red Chain
Rydia Arcane

4th draw
Tifa Arcane

Screw you Tifa, well at least she should be good for 5*. Mission still accomplished at least, I got the most important thing. Rydia USB3 and LMR3 prolly show up in some select banners in the future so ill try to get them there, and Red Chain is a delightful bonus that I was not expecting.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

Yeah you have way better options than me. I rely on Ramza's BSB2 and Elarra USB for support. I will say it's a pretty tricky fight, but it's mostly a matter of figuring out the right mix of mitigation and offense. I ended up dropping shellga and only relying on wall plus MBD and fullbreak, which with Catastrophe was enough to keep my guys alive for roughly a full minute. My magicite deck for this battle is entirely 4* with the usual Evrae and mix of defensive and offensive buffs. You can probably beat this with full mastery in under 40 secs. In contrast, my quickest time is 54.

You're probably right about the hones. I've pretty much bankrupted myself on Earth mats several times this past month trying to figure out the two lightning battles. Luckily the game's pretty generous with mat drops these days.

I finally did it! Didn't do it faster, though. First 5* down.

Not sure if Thancred brave was a better choice than Dorgann really, but the breaks helped keep the incoming damage down and helped Tifa + Cinque do the damage. Maybe bringing an Imperil would be a better choice to kill faster, I dunno. Had to hone Ironfist Earth and Gaia Rush to 5 and the ninja + heavy poo poo to 4 just to last long enough. Not looking forward to relearning to do this again in a few days.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Indecisive posted:

I finally did it! Didn't do it faster, though. First 5* down.

Not sure if Thancred brave was a better choice than Dorgann really, but the breaks helped keep the incoming damage down and helped Tifa + Cinque do the damage. Maybe bringing an Imperil would be a better choice to kill faster, I dunno. Had to hone Ironfist Earth and Gaia Rush to 5 and the ninja + heavy poo poo to 4 just to last long enough. Not looking forward to relearning to do this again in a few days.

Congrats! I actually think you're right about imperil. It makes a huge difference for me, though I only rely on Tifa as a imperiler (USB2 has been relegated to en-element). What's your team comp? OK and Elarra can probably handle the debuffs, though for my team, ended up using a bunch of crystal waters for mitigation.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

man i'm glad i got garland chain off the RoP a few days ago, dark was one of the last elements i needed chain for. Welp, time to do the daily draw

the really funny part is I beat Siren chainless like a week or two ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Odin 300 is an rear end in a top hat. I can't even cheese it with my Raijin SSB spam team.

Any advice?