Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

TRAIN

TO

BUSAN

Pair with Snowpiercer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I know it was mentioned earlier but Happy! owns and is Christopher meloni at his best since Oz

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Did anyone else here find Snowpiercer to be entirely unrealistic? In fact I wouldn't mind talking about it for a few straight pages

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Teddybear posted:

It’s available over the air in some places, which is wacky to me.

Yeah it’s an OTA channel. They also have a channel on Pluto.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Jeez, I’m watching some of Tidelands and it honest to god feels like a parody of True Blood 30 Rock would smash cut to occasionally.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Frog Act posted:

I know it was mentioned earlier but Happy! owns and is Christopher meloni at his best since Oz

It's also delightfully not nearly as straightforward as it seems at first

I've been watching American Horror Story Cult over the past couple weeks and oh my god it's amazing. I'm not the biggest fan of that show, especially some seasons, but Cult is loving art.

Lena Dunham as Valerie Solanis is so on point it's painful.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm watching the new Watership Down on Netflix and it's good but goddamn it would be better with some traditional hand drawn animation and not this cgi crap.

blood_dot_biz
Feb 24, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

Any good Bollywood movies on Netflix? I saw Lagaan with friends and actually saw Happy New Year in theatres.

I haven't actually seen it, so I can't personally vouch, but I've heard good things about Makkhi.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm watching the new Watership Down on Netflix and it's good but goddamn it would be better with some traditional hand drawn animation and not this cgi crap.

Wait what the gently caress there's a new water ship down?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Watch In Darkness

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

The_Rob posted:

Wait what the gently caress there's a new water ship down?

It's good, and seems pretty faithful to the book. I'm almost 60% through. It's about 3 hours and 20 minutes long, chopped up into 4 episodes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Fix is isn't half bad. The premise is paper thin and holds it back somewhat, and I don't really think the guests are nearly as funny as the British panel show regulars but it's generally pretty enjoyable with some good laughs here and there. I thought the lady from Nailed It was annoying as hell when I tried to watch it but she was pretty good on the Fix. I'll probably give Nailed It another shot.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

tweet my meat posted:

Did anyone else here find Snowpiercer to be entirely unrealistic? In fact I wouldn't mind talking about it for a few straight pages

Can't tell if you're joking, it's very obviously allegorical.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
The train is the penis?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Get this: The tunnels are vaginas, and every time the train enters one, it is meant to imply sexual intercouse.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

married but discreet posted:

Get this: The tunnels are vaginas, and every time the train enters one, it is meant to imply sexual intercouse.

There's no 'implying' for some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33a0GVQHiUw

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Avengers: Infinity War is on netflix. You have to search for it, and it might not be the first result if you just search for Avengers.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i cant get over how bad Bird Box was. It really feels like they spent all their budget on getting Sandra Bullock to star. the whole thing just feels cheap - scenes of eye-rolling exposition, questionable CGI, 50 percent of the movie taking place in a house. gaaarbage

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's good, and seems pretty faithful to the book. I'm almost 60% through. It's about 3 hours and 20 minutes long, chopped up into 4 episodes.

Is it as brutal as the original?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Thom and the Heads posted:

i cant get over how bad Bird Box was. It really feels like they spent all their budget on getting Sandra Bullock to star. the whole thing just feels cheap - scenes of eye-rolling exposition, questionable CGI, 50 percent of the movie taking place in a house. gaaarbage

That sounds like a Netflix production alright.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

If it's faithful to the book, then yes.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Looks like we are getting a new Black Mirror episode tomorrow that might also be a CYOA???

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Colostomy Bag posted:

I haven’t watched it yet but a few review I’ve read claim that it’s kind of sanitized for both violence and societal commentary compared to the 70s movie.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Alterian posted:

Avengers: Infinity War is on netflix. You have to search for it, and it might not be the first result if you just search for Avengers.

It popped up on my home screen in the first main trailer area. I watch a bunch of marvel stuff so maybe that had something to do with it.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Field Mousepad posted:

It popped up on my home screen in the first main trailer area. I watch a bunch of marvel stuff so maybe that had something to do with it.

We do too. We watched it on Christmas when a friend gave us the tip. Searching for Avengers didn't pull it up. A search for Inifinty had Thor: Ragnarok as its first result.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

tweet my meat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9qKj1Q_OU

Should we talk about Annihilation next

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
If anything Annihilation was too realistic.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

John Malkovich has really fallen from grace, hasn't he

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What CGI? The guy's supermarket vest? Or the shadows you see? But yeah, it was a dumpster fire.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really didn't think Bird Box was that bad. It wasn't a great movie by any means but it was a fine way to kill a couple of hours. I got the same vibes off of it as A Quiet Place. Just kind of bland, unimaginative Post Apoc stuff but it was entertaining.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Colostomy Bag posted:

What CGI? The guy's supermarket vest? Or the shadows you see? But yeah, it was a dumpster fire.

The titular Bird Box

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwh09s7xLVg

Looks pretty good to me, Malkovich's poor attempt at an accent aside.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
What is this Dexter-ish show about a stalker?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

veni veni veni posted:

I really didn't think Bird Box was that bad. It wasn't a great movie by any means but it was a fine way to kill a couple of hours. I got the same vibes off of it as A Quiet Place. Just kind of bland, unimaginative Post Apoc stuff but it was entertaining.

It made a lot less internal sense than A Quiet Place did...

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Has anybody watched minute to win it? Is it good as far as game shows go? Like on a scale of Gene Rayburn to Richard Dawson?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I just watched Hoop Dreams on Amazon Prime.

Just one of the greatest documentaries ever, Sport-centric or otherwise.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Filthy Hans posted:

Although he'd make a good Joker. http://www.sandrofilm.com/story/malkovich-malkovich-malkovich-homage-to-photographic-masters

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
As a heads up, the new Black Mirror movie is not compatible with older smart TV's or any version of the Apple TV/Chromecast.

I even tried screen mirroring from my phone to the TV and it only pushed out audio.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Finished Bandersnatch. I thought the interweaving of the CYOA-mechanic into the actual plot worked pretty well, but it felt like they never raised the stakes with it as much as they could; All the threads seemed to end shortly after poo poo got serious.

Maybe I just didn't try hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Slashrat posted:

Finished Bandersnatch. I thought the interweaving of the CYOA-mechanic into the actual plot worked pretty well, but it felt like they never raised the stakes with it as much as they could; All the threads seemed to end shortly after poo poo got serious.

Maybe I just didn't try hard enough.

Would you recommend it to someone who's never seen a Black Mirror epsiode before?