Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Vinylshadow posted:

The Valley Galleria is probably the most hilarious example of Fallout 76 being Fallout 76

Many A True Nerd's experience with it

Never change, Fallout 76 :allears:

SardonicTyrant posted:

This is the company that put the Pip Boy buttons on the wrong side because they have zero attention to detail.

That's really the thing isn't it? Any single one of these things could be chalked up to making a simple mistake but all together there is a clear pattern of laziness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Vinylshadow posted:

The Valley Galleria is probably the most hilarious example of Fallout 76 being Fallout 76

Many A True Nerd's experience with it

Never change, Fallout 76 :allears:

Lol it's amazing how little of a poo poo they gave in constructing this game. :allears:

E: ^^^ at this point I don't think it's just laziness, I think it's outright disregard, disdain and contempt for the player. The attitude that I'm getting is "we're Bethesda! We could poo poo directly into the consumers' mouths and they'd happily pay us for the privilege! They've even fixed our games for us for free since Oblivion!" Considering how rabidly some people defend the game for being poo poo, I'd say they were right.

Considering they've got the stones to charge $20 USD for some lovely Santa cosmetic plus the canvas bag/etc bait and switch false advertising bullshit, I can't think of any other logical explanation at this point.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 27, 2018

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The best part of this game's design is that defending and capturing workshops is clearly supposed to be a major concept of the multiplayer in this game but taking someone else's workshop that they put any effort or resources into just feels like something a monster would do. Like it's something it feels like some design doc somewhere expected you to do a lot, but is like the shittiest feeling thing I've ever done in a multiplayer game.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

"Fallout 3: where's my dad
Fallout 4: where's my son
Fallout 76: where's my refund"

Lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Lol

:eyepop:

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao i spent like over an hour doing a daily quest and right when i went to conplete it i got disconnected from the server and it erased all my progress lmao owned

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ASenileAnimal posted:

lmao i spent like over an hour doing a daily quest and right when i went to conplete it i got disconnected from the server and it erased all my progress lmao owned

Listen, nobody has ever built an online game before and there are no lessons to learn from. Bethesda is truly pioneering the concept.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The best part of this game's design is that defending and capturing workshops is clearly supposed to be a major concept of the multiplayer in this game but taking someone else's workshop that they put any effort or resources into just feels like something a monster would do. Like it's something it feels like some design doc somewhere expected you to do a lot, but is like the shittiest feeling thing I've ever done in a multiplayer game.

Workshops are supposed to be "no man land" and any structure build there is going to be lost by the owner one way or another. If that way is murdering the owner and taking the place in his face. Better.

As for being such a undecyferable carebear. Grown a evil persona. Be evil. Murder just because you can. This is the place and moment to do that.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Tei posted:

undecyferable carebear.

:confuoot:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tei posted:

Workshops are supposed to be "no man land" and any structure build there is going to be lost by the owner one way or another. If that way is murdering the owner and taking the place in his face. Better.

As for being such a undecyferable carebear. Grown a evil persona. Be evil. Murder just because you can. This is the place and moment to do that.

I wanted the fusion core generator at a power plant, I have a fusion generator so I can easily power it, but someone was already there and had it powered with like a million starting level mini generators. I stole the core out of it because they didn't lock it, then took the workshop, then the guy showed up, asked what I was doing then shot me, they were low level so I shot them and they died and disconnected, a few minutes later I got bored and logged off, having ruined the thing they invested resources in but not actually having played long enough to actually get anything from it myself.

I can see the interesting gameplay loop they were going for, where there was some actual back and forth of capturing territory and defending it. but it just felt bad, with the effort and cost of me ruining their stuff being so much lower than the cost they invested to make the stuff. It just makes it feel like you are being a bully, not part of some multiplayer fight or something.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I don’t take owned workshops but I help defend them pretty often.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

rickiep00h posted:

I don’t take owned workshops but I help defend them pretty often.

the world is just so empty and barren that any one workshop is empty 99% of the games you enter, I can imagine if every single one was always held and if there was some actual reason to hold them that you could get some neat gameplay of people contesting them but it feels like there is never a time where you can't just go get another one with the same functions so the only reason to take an owned on is specifically to be a jerk.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Hey New California came out how is that???? I haven't seen any solid reviews anywhere

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Poland Spring posted:

Hey New California came out how is that???? I haven't seen any solid reviews anywhere

look in the New Vegas thread but consensus is: it’s bad.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Poland Spring posted:

It's bad. Gimme a moment and I'll find my 'review' of that crap.

EDIT: Found it.

CommissarMega posted:

The first hour and change of the game is basically 'nerds rule and jocks drool'- the cool doctor wise man has a few cracks about how the science guys shape the future while sportspeople just gently caress, and the bad guy of the prologue is an Enclave infiltrator who of course has influenced most of the sports-inclined kids to become his willing ISIS members. One female character calls another a 'cum dumpster', and if you're harsh on the insulter then you can say goodbye to one of your harder-hitting companions. A somewhat interesting character concept, that of a cheerful tribal who likes comic books, gets discarded in favour of a gritty-voiced edgelord. There's a lot more stuff I'm missing probably, but just lol at the idea of having to put in more thought into NC than I have to.

That said, what really killed NC for me is the fact that it's just boring as gently caress. There's sodall to do (IIRC, the creator's even said he doesn't want to include sidequests because it's a small team and effort is haaard you guys), with you locked into a path very early on, whether you side with the Enclave in the prologue, or choose between the NCR and a survivalist group later, all without having any but the smallest amount of info on the sides you'll be taking to the endgame. And on that path there is, as I said, nothing much to do, just go from setpiece to setpiece with performance-chugging horde battles that would fit Call of Duty more than Fallout.

Honestly, I'd be able to somewhat forgive NC if it was an F3 or F4 mod, but coming after New Vegas it's a massive letdown.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Poland Spring posted:

All you need to know is the two minutes after the time stamp here (16:23) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWe7oOWDb2M&t=983s

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

ulmont posted:

look in the New Vegas thread but consensus is: it’s bad.

gently caress I couldn't find it and assumed it got rolled into this one my b

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MariusLecter posted:

All you need to know is the two minutes after the time stamp here (16:23) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWe7oOWDb2M&t=983s

this game sucks more than Fallout 76

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Poland Spring posted:

It is the fallout game die hard fallout fans were asking for.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
No one was asking for what New California gave.

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

the world is just so empty and barren that any one workshop is empty 99% of the games you enter, I can imagine if every single one was always held and if there was some actual reason to hold them that you could get some neat gameplay of people contesting them but it feels like there is never a time where you can't just go get another one with the same functions so the only reason to take an owned on is specifically to be a jerk.

I found an unowned workshop (the racetrack) that somebody had improved: it had all the crafting stations and bunch of turrets built around it. So I grabbed it, murdered all the dumb dogs that attacked and built a stash box and a little shack with a bed in it. I logged off.

When I logged in a day or two later, the workshop was unowned again. All of the improvements that had been there were gone. No crafting stations, no turrets, no stash box, no shack, no bed. Squat.

So why would I waste the time and effort improving these places? Nothing is permanent and everything is always the same as it was. Meh.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lmfao

e: as a side note they really did lift the base building stuff from previous mods for Skyrim and FNV which even had basically the same UI. Lol as gently caress.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 28, 2018

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Call me skeptical but I'm not sure I buy the "I got banned for using 3rd party cheat software and yeah I had 3rd party cheat software installed on my PC but I promise I wasn't using it! Cross my heart!" Knowing how much 76 is just reused Fallout 4 code I'm sure Cheat Engine works no problem in 76. I've also seen some questionable behavior from a few players. If Bethesda was actually banning people for using mods there'd be more than these few anecdotes.

I have cheatengine on my PC to help me with old rear end jank games I like to play, fuckin lol if the line is really "well if you have it installed at all then justified"

Here's a thought why don't they make a multiplayer game which can't be hacked apart client side like it is Open Battle.net in 2003

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

ASenileAnimal posted:

This has happened every single time I’ve tried to do a daily quest...

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmfao the game just randomly spawned like 30 guys around me and i died just lmao

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I really want the free copies of Fallout 1,2 and tactics but I'm having difficulty giving Bethesda even 3 dollars at Redbox for this turd

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mr Hootington posted:

It is the fallout game die hard fallout fans were asking for.

Are you one of the clowns that was mad people don't like this bad game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

No one was asking for what New California gave.

Lol sure it wasn't being heralded as the spiritual real fallout since new vegas

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Mr Hootington posted:

Naw, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COadLxnCWQc

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr Hootington posted:

dumbasses said it was going to be good without even playing it first and look how Fallout 76 turned out

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i dont regret any of the money i spent preordering whatever that mod is ya'll are talking about

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hey guys, I'm bootting up fallout new vegas the best fallout for the 17th time this month going to try an only brahmin steak play and hell maybe this time my wife will come back from walking out on me.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Mr Hootington posted:

Hey guys, I'm bootting up fallout new vegas the best fallout for the 17th time this month going to try an only brahmin steak play and hell maybe this time my wife will come back from walking out on me.

deadlymeat_76.mpg

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpBVGcbLvbQ

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Are you one of the clowns that was mad people don't like this bad game

He did battle against Haters of the bad game

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Jokes on you my wife is fallout new vegas and we are getting remarried (reinstalled) right now

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
76 didn't make MATN's top ten list of 2018. He admits it just has too many issues across the board.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mr Hootington posted:

Just Mr Hootington having a normal one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Lol

:golfclap: