Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
We actually see four helmet designs in Gundam, with a clear sense of rank:

- Brown helmet: Standard for Zeon soldiers.
- Brown helmet with silver crest: Dren.
- Silver helmet with silver crest: Char.
- Silver helmet with gold crest: Kycilia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The voice actor who played Kai collects Guncannons

https://twitter.com/TOSHIO_FURUKAWA/status/1077183706836549632

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

He is pretending to have space-eye problems that require corrective glasswear. The helmet make more sense than glasses for a pilot, but less sense than contact lenses

Contact lenses are a really bad idea in any military environment due to dust and gases getting behind the lens and either being really uncomfortable or damaging the eye. For reference, I don't think any current military allows contact lenses for anyone doing real work, though remfs may get away with them in places.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Gripweed posted:

And Piccolos. Was he Piccolo?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spelling Mitsake posted:

And Piccolos. Was he Piccolo?

He was indeed.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lemon-Lime posted:

He was indeed.

So what you're saying is someone needs to make a Special Beam Guncannon then...

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone else have hamburgers for Christmas?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The implied reasoning of why he wears the goggles from the Origin is because he wore them into battle during the uprising and it's associated with him because of it. His claimed space eye disability is why no one questions why homeboy is always wearing them or shades. Then again, Zeon is all about questionable fashion statements.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Darth Walrus posted:

To be clear, the mask and helmet are two separate things. The mask is a set of 'corrective' armoured goggles, while the helmet is standard-issue for a mid-ranking Zeon officer.

That actually helps a lot and makes the outfit make more sense thank you.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Droyer posted:

Merry Christmas!

It's easy to do just follow these steps
1: Cut a hole in a box
2: Put your junk in that box
3: Make him open the box
And that's the way you do it

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Gripweed posted:

And yet no Guncannons dressed as Piccolo, nor any Piccolos dressed as a Guncannon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

And yet no Guncannons dressed as Piccolo, nor any Piccolos dressed as a Guncannon.

See my post earlier in the page for what someone needs to make and send him as a gift

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Gonna watch Endless Waltz repeat my feverish prayer that Frozen Teardrop will be animated to my wildest,.drugged out, dreams.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does anyone else have hamburgers for Christmas?

:mad:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

free the post

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

AradoBalanga posted:

Gunspecialbeamcannon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

Gunspecialbeamcannon.

I already made that joke(and did it better)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

drrockso20 posted:

I already made that joke(and did it better)

Ehhhh, did you though...?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I'm the lone Zakrelo

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Droyer posted:

Merry Christmas!

Rudolph could lead the sleigh through the snow because he was a Newtype confirmed.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Rudolph could lead the sleigh through the snow because he was a Newtype confirmed.

And the reindeer can fly because their souls aren't bound by gravity. The math checks out!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

chiasaur11 posted:

And the reindeer can fly because their souls aren't bound by gravity. The math checks out!

And Santa uses his Newtype powers to bond with kids and see into their soul if they've been naughty or nice. Santa is the UC's strongest Newtype, confirmed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

What if the RahXephon was an Astray?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Jesus that is ugly.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Welcome to the SEED universe.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
That's at least 3 cool robots worth of stuff jammed into one entirely-too-busy robot

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I don't think I've ever seen a mechanical design that has been improved by SEEDifying it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Oh, it's the Rahxephon

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Gripweed posted:

It's also made out of super magic OMEGA metal that is invincible !

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Warmachine posted:

Jesus that is ugly.

It's the perfect Seed design, fitting in perfectly with every other Seed design.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Honestly, I think it's got more of an aesthetic than your average SEED suit. So it's got that going for it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

HitTheTargets posted:

Honestly, I think it's got more of an aesthetic than your average SEED suit. So it's got that going for it.

It doesn't have early 2000s digital painting to really nail the aesthetic.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
i love gundam it arouse me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

How many different Astrays and Astray variants are there now?

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Has there ever been a Gundam (or other franchise?) super-invincible robot where it is defeated by hitting it hard enough the squishy human inside doesn't survive? That's IBO Season 3 I guess. They made the robots even tougher, so now the only way to disable them is with immobilization or hitting them hard/rapidly enough the pilots are pulped.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Kshatriya was put out of commission when Marida got a concussion from getting knocked around by Banagher.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The microwave thing from SeeD?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sextro posted:

Has there ever been a Gundam (or other franchise?) super-invincible robot where it is defeated by hitting it hard enough the squishy human inside doesn't survive? That's IBO Season 3 I guess. They made the robots even tougher, so now the only way to disable them is with immobilization or hitting them hard/rapidly enough the pilots are pulped.

In Gundam 00 the Gundams themselves are near invincible so the strategy the armies come up with is exhausting and tiring out the pilots inside.

Edit: Also as far back as the original Mazinger the villains would focus on beating/frying/etc Koji to death inside the Mazinger's plider cockpit since the machine itself was invincible.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

In Gundam 00 the Gundams themselves are near invincible so the strategy the armies come up with is exhausting and tiring out the pilots inside.

Edit: Also as far back as the original Mazinger the villains would focus on beating/frying/etc Koji to death inside the Mazinger's plider cockpit since the machine itself was invincible.

Amuro and Kamille were both electrocuted in their cockpits as a way to beat the pilot instead of the mech.