Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I found a working OutRun 2 arcade cabinet and holy loving poo poo this game needs to be on Switch yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

outrun 2 is sick as hell but also i think they lost the ferrari license or something stupid like that

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah they lost the Ferrari license somewhere in the middle of the PS3/360 generation and as such Outrun 2 got lost to the ether. Such a shame given that it's probably the best driving game Sega's ever made?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Worst part about the Switch now is I own a lot of the poo poo on WiiU and want to rebuy them just to have it like DK but can't justify it. Also would love to get rid of my WiiU since it's in a box in storage and Switch completely obsoletes it in every way and so much better and less footprint. But there isn't a Mario Maker, 3D World, Wind Waker HD or Wonderful 101. Also some Virtual Console stuff which I'm sad does not directly translate, feels kinda scummy since there was a pretty good Virtual Console log on the WiiU that's now inaccessible but it's already linked to Nintendo Accounts so there's really no excuse why they just aren't directly re-downloadble and playable on the Switch.

What's the going rate for used WiiU games and console, like $15 a pop and $100 for console+2 pro controllers maybe? I think I might throw it up on SA-Mart while there's probably some money I can get out of it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Xaris posted:

Worst part about the Switch now is I own a lot of the poo poo on WiiU and want to rebuy them just to have it like DK but can't justify it. Also would love to get rid of my WiiU since it's in a box in storage and Switch completely obsoletes it in every way and so much better and less footprint. But there isn't a Mario Maker, 3D World, Wind Waker HD or Wonderful 101. Also some Virtual Console stuff which I'm sad does not directly translate, feels kinda scummy since there was a pretty good Virtual Console log on the WiiU that's now inaccessible but it's already linked to Nintendo Accounts so there's really no excuse why they just aren't directly re-downloadble and playable on the Switch.

What's the going rate for used WiiU games and console, like $15 a pop and $100 for console+2 pro controllers maybe? I think I might throw it up on SA-Mart while there's probably some money I can get out of it.

The port prices are ridiculous. For example, Doom on Switch is great, but I only have it because I got it for $12 when Walmart incorrectly priced it. It fluctuates around $30 to $50. Bayonetta 1 & 2 is $40 to $50 too. The World Ends With You is the price it was on NDS in 2008 even when it's on sale.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Xaris posted:

I read somewhere that WiiU's are going to be super collectable eventually, since there's no replacements or 3rd party options for the tablet controller.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The Switch, fortunately or unfortunately, seems to be made for the fairweather Nintendo fan like me who checked out during the Wii years. None of the ports have bothered me at all since I completely skipped the WiiU and 3DS years.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Imagined posted:

The Switch, fortunately or unfortunately, seems to be made for the fairweather Nintendo fan like me who checked out during the Wii years. None of the ports have bothered me at all since I completely skipped the WiiU and 3DS years.

I skipped everything since the SNES. It's all new to me!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Its basically a gently caress you to wiiu havers, which were the poo poo eating wild men of nintendos. So they should throw up a drat bone.

But if you bought a wiiu. You gonna buy this junk too.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
please, do NOT throw the poo poo eating wild men a bone

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
the only thing you should throw them is out

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nichael posted:

The port prices are ridiculous. For example, Doom on Switch is great, but I only have it because I got it for $12 when Walmart incorrectly priced it. It fluctuates around $30 to $50. Bayonetta 1 & 2 is $40 to $50 too. The World Ends With You is the price it was on NDS in 2008 even when it's on sale.

Yeah, I was thinking about rebuying Doom for one of my consoles. It’s 20 bucks on PS4. I’m sure it’d be great to play portable but not enough to make me drop the extra 40. 44 really, when you add sales tax to the extra 40.

I was also thinking about getting Bayonetta 2 but it’s a bit steep for such an old game.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, anyone who actually bought a wii u is incurable and will buy the switch no matter what.

I went gamecube > 3ds > switch so i'm in fuckin heaven

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I got a Wii U primarily for MH3U. No regrets.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Waffle! posted:

I read somewhere that WiiU's are going to be super collectable eventually, since there's no replacements or 3rd party options for the tablet controller.

Hmm, I guess holding onto it doesn't hurt since I can just stash it in my parent's attic next time I visit them, but I just don't see it garnering enough nostalgia or anything to be of increasing value in the future since it really is so superceeded, and even though I kinda liked the GamePad and poo poo, it's mostly more annoying to have around than anything else and the bulky power brick and cables and stuff were kinda annoying, especially since Switch does the portable thing so much better. I probably would keep it plugged in near my TV if it was just a single small profile unit like the PS4 but since it's several bulky pieces I just don't have the room.

Mostly looking for the immediate cash to feel less bad about rebuying Bayo 2, DK:TF, Cap Toad and a few others that I really liked. Because yeah yike the port prices are loving ridiculous. Definitely anyone who skipped WiiU is well off for having done so.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 29, 2018

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

hey is there a disgaea thread? decided to pick up 5 since it went down to 40 bucks and i was itching for a SRPG

I didn't see if anyone ever answered your question, but there's an RPG thread where you can ask questions or talk about things.

D5 is super fun and I hope you enjoy it!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got a Wii U for Super Mario Maker and ended up enjoying Yoshi’s Wooly World the best. Can’t wait for the next Yoshi game. And if they release a Superer Mario Maker that’d be even better.

Still, yeah I’d love to get a break on Super Mario U deluxe since I bought but never finished Super Luigi U.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I finally fought a Plesioth in MHGU, and my lord they actually fixed it's hip attack. It's now possible to avoid taking damage by not being hit by it. Years ago when I was playing Freedom Unite I never could've imagined this day would finally come.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I bought a cheap used wii-u and had a blast playing Mario 3D World with friends. It's such a nutty game full of fun ideas. I'd happily buy a version for Switch.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the wii u console was super weird but the nintendo games on it were some serious excellence. i am happy they're comin to a wider audience. sm3Dw is a top 5 mario game, i am surprised it hasnt been listed for port yet

also Devils Third on switch when

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I rebought pretty much every Wii U to Switch port and I don’t regret it. I would like to see a few more like 3D World, Wonderful 101, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade X.

I want Mario Maker too but I’d rather that be a greatly expanded sequel rather than a port.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

alf_pogs posted:

also Devils Third on switch when

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I have brokebrain as you all know so of course I have Wii U but I also love my Switch and will admit it has surpassed the Wii U in every way possible. If it had a little more of Nintendo's back catalog there would be no denying the Switch as the best console of all time imo. And that's up against like Dreamcast and PS2 and hell, even PS4. Switch is literally everything I ever could have wanted out of a console, bar a little bit more power.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, I was thinking about rebuying Doom for one of my consoles. It’s 20 bucks on PS4. I’m sure it’d be great to play portable but not enough to make me drop the extra 40. 44 really, when you add sales tax to the extra 40.

I was also thinking about getting Bayonetta 2 but it’s a bit steep for such an old game.

Wait a bit longer and it's bound to come down the same rate the other versions did but the clock started.. 18? Months later on the switch version.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I bought Wii U when BOTW came out so I could play it right away and not wait for Switches to be easy to come by. I've picked up a few games here and there that I really need to play. I actually picked up a few today since Gamestop is doing Buy 2 Get 1. I picked up Star Fox, Paper Mario, and Kirby.

Star Fox is ok but it sucks that you can't use the Pro controller and you have to constantly bounce back and forth between the TV and the Gamepad screen. Kirby is fun, but it really sucks that you use the Gamepad 100% of the time and can't even look up at the TV. The Paper Mario disc is bad apparently so I have to go back and exchange it.

Anyway, so this is kinda relevant, they really need to port more first party titles to the Switch. Price them well and I'd definitely double dip on some of these.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m keeping my Wii U for awhile just because of hacks (native GameCube games over HDMI owns) but I was blown away by how slow and clunky everything is compared to the Switch going back.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Turn Witcher 3 into a point and click adventure game.

Isn’t this banner saga

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Anything I need to know or keep in mind when I start Octopath tomorrow?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Tressa is queen and i shant hear a bad word about her!!!

also the thief has a pretty great story skill, worth getting them early on

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Spacebump posted:

Keep some extra saves right before the chapter 2 bosses so you can listen to the transition to decisive battle II whenever you want

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm getting joycon drift but, only when they are not plugged into the Switch. This is happening to btih sets of joycons, and only seems to be happening in Katamari Damacy.

Has anyone else stumbled onto something like this, or am I slightly cursed?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Turn Witcher 3 into a point and click adventure game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/303800/The_Witcher_Adventure_Game/

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Spacebump posted:

Pick Theiron as you main for less anxiety about purple chests. Plus hes an always useful striker.

Pick Tressa as the secret main character of the game.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 29, 2018

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
I hope if/when they port (or make a new) Mario Maker for Switch they’ll let us bring in the levels we made for the Wii U version. I spent a lot of time designing some really cool levels and having it on a console people actually own would mean people might actually get to see them

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I packed a way my wiiu, but the second we move to a place with more space it's coming back out. It's still the best Nintendo console for me, i can actually hold the gamepad for hours without it hurting and it has the best dpad on a Nintendo system.

Plus it can play my re4 wii edition.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cheesegod posted:

I hope if/when they port (or make a new) Mario Maker for Switch they’ll let us bring in the levels we made for the Wii U version. I spent a lot of time designing some really cool levels and having it on a console people actually own would mean people might actually get to see them

honestly, given everything so far, i'd say No. but at least it was the creative juice that probably went into it being the heavy lifting. you could probably remake a lot of them fairly quickly already knowing what you want to do or not do.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish they would hurry up and make a Mario Maker Switch. Mario Maker is easily one of my favorite Nintendo games. This reminds me...RIP Miiverse.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

I wish they would hurry up and make a Mario Maker Switch. Mario Maker is easily one of my favorite Nintendo games. This reminds me...RIP Miiverse.

They better bring back comments somehow. Seeing those after/during levels was a big part of the fun.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

They better bring back comments somehow. Seeing those after/during levels was a big part of the fun.

they did it for the inkopolis square so given nintendo i guess the odds of it happening are at least 75-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

nachos posted:

Isn’t this banner saga

Nah, it has some really awful "game" inbetween all the clicky bits.