Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

I don't have to, I'm looking at one of yours

At least somebody is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

I don't have to, I'm looking at one of yours

Turn your monitor

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Turn your monitor

O.k....

Done op

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jesus Christ I've been owned

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

O.k....

Done op

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont understand

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont understand

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

iospace posted:

O.k....

Done op

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
A glimpse into the future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouGLEtapOX8&t=2s

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

well 1500's beer reviews got dark pretty quickly

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont know what the gently caress you people are even talking about so i will post a very special picture of Michael Schumacher and Seb Vettel.

#keepfightingmichael #forzaferrari

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think Vettel needs a hashtag to keep him going too, the fight ahead of him and the prospects for full accomplishments are bleaker than Michael's. #keepfightingseb

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont know what the gently caress you people are even talking about so i will post a very special picture of Michael Schumacher and Seb Vettel.

Nice. A guy who stands a chance of winning the wdc next year.

And Vettel.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Very disrespectful

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Christ.
You look at this and just wonder where we'd be now without the horrid accident that left him with brain damage - would he still be competitive?

I've spoilered it so no one sees it by accident, but British media have shown the accident recently so the morbidly curious can look:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shut ut kablqman

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Stop attacking Khablam, he is a good kid who means well

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Powershift posted:

Yeah, can i get a double baconator, a medium fries and a large chocolate frosty, please.

dont loving doxx me ever again

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

well 1500's beer reviews got dark pretty quickly

That dude's entire YouTube channel is a documentary on his crumbling marriage and dark descent into alcoholism.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

That dude's entire YouTube channel is a documentary on his crumbling marriage and dark descent into alcoholism.
Luckily his car is still good

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I'm genuinely worried for 1500 now after tapping into the future with this channel.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I am Dick's Last Resort

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

I've been quietly chuckling at some of the British Leyland comments over the last few pages only to realise today my grandfather was an engineering director there :smith:

who knows, maybe he got out before it went bad! maybe he's the reason it went bad! :iiam:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

andyf posted:

maybe he's the reason it went bad! :iiam:

You have a Fake Lotus as an av. Not that hard to figure out this is the case.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Holy poo poo.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is this for real? What sort of hellish post-apocalyptic Charlton Heston future nanny state is that island anyway? Was this mandated by the bureaucrats in Brussels?
It's what somebody once told me, so it's probably absolutely bollocks.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

andyf posted:

I've been quietly chuckling at some of the British Leyland comments over the last few pages only to realise today my grandfather was an engineering director there :smith:

who knows, maybe he got out before it went bad! maybe he's the reason it went bad! :iiam:

Before it went bad lmao

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Wirth1000 posted:

You have a Fake Lotus as an av. Not that hard to figure out this is the case.

Hey the Evora is an underappreciated gem. Just like the TVR saggywrist

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm confused. Do I prepare the sausage for a completo in a cast iron pan or get it from a costco?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

tuo posted:

I'm confused. Do I prepare the sausage for a completo in a cast iron pan or get it from a costco?

Get it from Costco, then fry it in a cast iron pan.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iospace posted:

Get it from Costco, then fry it in a cast iron pan.

okay....what if I don't have a costco around, and don't like Lidl. Aldi should do it, I guess?

Also my cast iron pan is rusty because I didn't treat it right, so I guess I'll use the sausage to reseason it. This is similar to how Williams nowadays iterates on their F1 cars, I assume....

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Luckily his car is still good

til a corolla is "good"

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
With the year about to end, I'm gonna make a meatloaf tonight in honor of this season's WDC. Basic, boring, but reliably good, meatloaf is truly the Lewis Hamilton of comfort foods.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Meat loaf sounds like a slum food that a homeless person in the ghetto of Stevenage might eat, shouldn't you make something fancier for Sir Lewis?

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Can someone quickly recap me on the 2019 car rule changes? Engines stay the same but the aero changes a bit?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

marshalljim posted:

With the year about to end, I'm gonna make a meatloaf tonight in honor of this season's WDC. Basic, boring, but reliably good, meatloaf is truly the Lewis Hamilton of comfort foods.

Melt down some cheese and have a fondue in honor of Seb.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

andyf posted:

Can someone quickly recap me on the 2019 car rule changes? Engines stay the same but the aero changes a bit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCJTf6E4BbY

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

andyf posted:

engines stay the same

the wings get even wider

not much else really

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Aren't they also simplifying the front wing by mandating a lot fewer cascading elements. Trying to make the air coming off the cars less turbulent to reduce the effect of 'dirty air'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Q_res posted:

Aren't they also simplifying the front wing by mandating a lot fewer cascading elements. Trying to make the air coming off the cars less turbulent to reduce the effect of 'dirty air'?

yes, and also reduce the vortex generators on the inner wing tips, towards the 250 area. I can only assume it won't work. They also try to make the wing/aero less reliant on clean air with a wider front wing and by regulating the endplates of the front wing, so turbulent air from the car in front should no longer influence the front wing leading air around the front tyre as much, thus making it easier to have a steady airflow around the front tyre, as an outer wall sealing off the underfloor, even behind another car.

With current wings, the sealing of the underfloor from the front wing relies on the vortex generators on the inner wing tips as well as the cutouts on the wing endplates (to manage pressure difference), plus the massive flow conditioners close to the endplates (the little "tunnels"). Most of these elements are reliant on clean air, and start to have problems if they run in dirty air, especially since the hosed up million winglet barge board area behind it relies a lot on them. There's also the blown front axles that help, if the car is designed for it.

Of course, teams will now recreate most of what they had little bit further back...

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 30, 2018