Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

because the NYC BOE is, at its core, political patronage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bribery laws are only applicable in the US if the two conspirators say out loud "this is a bribe"

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Real hurthling! posted:

bribery laws are only applicable in the US if the two conspirators say out loud "this is a bribe"

While being recorded.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CaptainPsyko posted:

While being recorded.

And if it can be proven neither of them were crossing their fingers behind their backs while saying it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

vegetarians Justin Brannan and Eric Adams are spreading meat-hating propaganda over at CSNY

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

it whips rear end that we’re all going to be eating soy gruel while allowing shitloads of fossil fuel usage in the name of saving the earth

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If you wonder how the Satmars are taking losing Simcha Felder as the linchpin in the state senate...

https://twitter.com/abesilbe/status/1070018490264944641

They're not happy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its like an Nra meeting but for child abuse via educational neglect

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you wonder how the Satmars are taking losing Simcha Felder as the linchpin in the state senate...

https://twitter.com/abesilbe/status/1070018490264944641

They're not happy.
the only difference between evangelical christianity and hasidic judaism is their place of origin. it's remarkable how similar they are. maybe the Satmars should move to Mississippi, they'd have an easier time there (sort of)

quote:

And I want to commend the assemblyman from Williamsburg, who did stand up for our Torah institutions.
i'm not surprised that Joe Lentol stood up for the Satmars. he keeps them loyal, and in turn, they support him. he's a real gently caress

if there are any frum lurkers (not holding my breath), is it true that yeshivas use the brown paper bag test as a barrier for entry? this is what someone who was once in the hasidic community told me

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 03:44 on Dec 5, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

get that OUT of my face posted:

the only difference between evangelical christianity and hasidic judaism is their place of origin. it's remarkable how similar they are. maybe the Satmars should move to Mississippi, they'd have an easier time there (sort of)

i'm not surprised that Joe Lentol stood up for the Satmars. he keeps them loyal, and in turn, they support him. he's a real gently caress

if there are any frum lurkers (not holding my breath), is it true that yeshivas use the brown paper bag test as a barrier for entry? this is what someone who was once in the hasidic community told me

There's an apostate Satmar on the down-low with a thread in A/T, you could ask him, or he may have already answered it there in some form or another.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Fascinator's old Ask/Tell thread is also a must-read if you wanna know about life as a Satmar.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/ZackFinkNews/status/1072497226449063939

Anything stand out? For me it's Ramos as Labor, she's the freshman who unseated the late Jose Peralta.

I don't know anything about Shelley Mayer (Education) or Zellnor Myrie (Elections) but they're the ones I'm going to do some research on.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
IDC survivors Diane Savino and David Carlucci chairing anything not attached to a source of electricity stands out to me

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Tryzzub posted:

IDC survivors Diane Savino and David Carlucci chairing anything not attached to a source of electricity stands out to me

There’s 38 committees and 38 Democrats. Everyone gets to chair something. Mental Health, and the Internet Subcommittee are essentially being buried in the basement for their levels of seniority.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Also HOLY loving LOL at Biaggi as Ethics chair. That’s a loving knife.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JumaaneWilliams/status/1074319353041092610

If BdB had any progressive soul left within him, he'd fire this turd.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Bumping for entirely new content:

https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/status/1075016520793763841

:toot:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

fix the trains

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Matt Zerella posted:

fix the trains

Can the AG do that?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Can the AG do that?

I'm just going to repeat it to everyone in elected govt in NY

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

now use the 174 million to start building out municipal broadband

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
Barbara underwood kicking rear end

should just keep her in as attorney general

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

When you're a state senator but also have really poor impulse control.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

When you're a state senator but also have really poor impulse control.
i see my state senator is having a normal one again. he once had to be restrained by colleagues on the senate floor while he called Savino a bitch, and he also slammed a Post reporter's hand in a car door. his apology got ratio'd to hell on Twitter, and that must have weighed on him because he walked it back somewhat by calling her a twitter troll

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

i see my state senator is having a normal one again. he once had to be restrained by colleagues on the senate floor while he called Savino a bitch, and he also slammed a Post reporter's hand in a car door. his apology got ratio'd to hell on Twitter, and that must have weighed on him because he walked it back somewhat by calling her a twitter troll

Isn't abuse of these parking whatsits a big issue down in the City? I could swear I was hearing about it before the elections.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Isn't abuse of these parking whatsits a big issue down in the City? I could swear I was hearing about it before the elections.

Yeah, it’s been an issue for decades that nobody will ever deal with.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

yeah, but placard abuse is the corruption version of littering: against the law, but so minor in the grand scheme of things that nobody gives a poo poo or ever will

fun aside: my friend not only disagreed with my comparison, he also said "small corruption leads to big corruption" and used the example of NYPD abusing parking placards. you know, the guys who use that exact justification to crack down on petty crime. :ironicat:

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

yeah, but placard abuse is the corruption version of littering: against the law, but so minor in the grand scheme of things that nobody gives a poo poo or ever will

fun aside: my friend not only disagreed with my comparison, he also said "small corruption leads to big corruption" and used the example of NYPD abusing parking placards. you know, the guys who use that exact justification to crack down on petty crime. :ironicat:

is your friend guiliani

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

unbutthurtable posted:

is your friend guiliani
he's a leftie but also a contrarian, basically like Anna from Red Scare. also he thinks NJ is so much better politically than NY. i've given up trying to convince him that it's a lateral move at best

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
On a scale of 1-10, how bullshit is this story: Cuomo critics assume oversight roles - Abinanti, Skoufis say investigations committees will be active

quote:

Two Democratic state legislators known for their willingness to challenge Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo will take over committees in January responsible for oversight of the executive branch.

The new leadership has the potential to change what has been standard practice for the past eight years, in which the Legislature has largely avoided public confrontations with the governor and rarely held agency heads to account outside of occasionally contentious budget hearings.

The incoming committee chairs, Assemblyman Thomas Abinanti and state Sen.-elect James Skoufis, have both indicated a desire to reassert the Legislature's checks and balances to ensure state government is transparent and accountable.

"There is a new tenor in the Legislature, a new spirit," Abinanti said.

While the full agenda for 2019 is still under construction, he stressed that his committee would exercise any of its powers to fulfill its duties — including issuing subpoenas. In a statement, Skoufis concurred.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
https://twitter.com/RosaGoldensohn/status/1075827868326944769?s=19

Dude is a creep at all times

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

god i hope it's real. it's too early to tell, but it seems like the Assembly and Senate are more willing to stand up to Cuomo to some degree, although probably not enough to make this a priority

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 00:25 on Dec 30, 2018

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/bobconfer/status/1072481028789452802

https://twitter.com/News_8/status/1079129989176586240

:suicide:

gently caress this motherfucker

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao look at the Chamber of Commerce shithead response

quote:

Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce thanks Governor Cuomo for his understanding of the burdens that adding bereavement leave to the paid family leave law would place upon business and for his leadership in vetoing the bill. Rochester Chamber respects the bill's sponsors and their intent to ensure families have time to properly mourn the loss of loved ones.

However, members have shared with us that the benefits provided by the bereavement leave bill would have posed undue difficulties on business in both cost and staff productivity. Governor Cuomo heard this from Rochester Chamber members as well as businesses across the state and took the appropriate action.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

but it's too much mooooooooooney

honestly we deserve the worst four years imaginable because our state is so goddamn stupid that we collectively thought getting this guinea gently caress another term was a good idea

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
must we

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m still thunderstruck that we somehow managed to pass (basically) $15 minimum wage

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
He also vetoed a tier VI pension reform bill that would have made TWU pensions a bit better after the TWU spent like two years publicly fellating him. TWU has been dead silent about this.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://twitter.com/klnynews/status/1079692292947087360?s=19

Get bent Simcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN