Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I just think we gotta make a disctinction between doxxing someones real life by digging through their internet trail and connecting a screen name to a real identity to gently caress with their life and calling out my imaginary racist uncle when he posts racist poo poo on facebook under his real name. Words have meaning and consequences and protecting nazis from their own dumb selves when they post horrible garbage online under their actual identity, which they do a lot these days, sometimes even with their business accounts, they need to be made to feel that that poo poo don't fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

one of the problems of mob justice is that a substantial part of the mob is just batshit insane. it's like a rabid dog you trained to bite nazis. it's mostly biting nazis now, but sooner or later it's gonna eat some baby's face :iiapa:

That's why the mob will be guided by the enlightened vanguard of the party so their pitchforks will never impale the wrong ones! :commissar:

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013
Trip report Sumpfstadt, Day One: our "beloved" capital (more like buttital) is coming apart at the seams. There was hardly a street I come across that wasn't blocked by ongoing construction work. It may not be long until the place is finally reclaimed by the swamp.

The Holocaust-Mahnmal too is falling apart. Some :airquote: very smart people :airquote: (I'll be charitable and assume that they) tried to fix it by filling in the gaps with their used up chewing gum. There is a metaphor somewhere in here about the resurgence of fascism and our leaders inept reply to it, but I can't be arsed to come up with something poignant.

I'm also pretty sure I saw Hugo Egon Balder. Apparently, TV people actually exist outside the magic box. Who knew? I didn't get a close enough look though to ascertain if they are made from flesh and blood or if it is all wires and clockwork underneath. Further investigation is necessary.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I’m like 99% sure Lea Rosh literally said she’d leave sharpie swastikas up on the memorial if it came to that because that way the memorial would show how antisemitism is still alive and well these days

I think the debate came up when it was found out the anti graffiti coat was produced by a company that used to be IG Farben

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
The weirdest part about blacking the name out in that image is to me that it does gently caress all. It takes all of 3 seconds of a search on twitter for the words in the post to find it, so it might keep your average yonk from making a marginally bigger effort, but won't even noticably impede this mythical "motivated to destroy a racist shitposters life" psycho.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Hat hier zufällig jemand Erfahrung mit der Zertifizierung zum Datenschutzbeauftragten beim TÜV?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/marga_owski/status/1078709284526014465

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Æußere mich als großer Anhänger seelenloser Stahlbolzen.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013
Made it back. Feet are pretty much just bloody stumps now. Have to assume that the city was swallowed by the earth the moment my train left the station, so RIP Smirr.

Overall, I don't think I get the hype. Seems to be pretty much the same as other German cities, just bigger, but perhaps I've not been to the right places. :shrug:

Dommolus's Ranking of European Capitals:
Paris/London > Budapest > Berlin > Rome >>>>>>>>> Vienna.

Also, I'll leave this here without comment.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Berlin is (probably) good to live in because it is relatively cheap and offers diverse cuisine.

When visiting I find it to be ugly outside the touristy stuff, crowded and too often smelling of pissss.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sereri posted:

When visiting I find it to be ugly outside the touristy stuff, crowded and too often smelling of pissss.

Trump's ears suddenly stood up as you were typing this

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
The graffiti and piss are done on purpose to keep out spießers, it works better and is cheaper than bear mace

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Berlins biggest issue is that it's loving gigantic and empty. It takes forever to go anywhere interesting. It would improve so much as a city if you packed everything it contains into a quarter of the space.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Berlins biggest issue is that it's loving gigantic and empty. It takes forever to go anywhere interesting. It would improve so much as a city if you packed everything it contains into a quarter of the space.

Agreed. Put all of Berlin and all Berliners into a trash compactor.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

What a weird way to spell Oliwan...

Randler posted:

Agreed. Put all of Berlin and all Berliners into a trash compactor.
:shuckyes:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

The graffiti and piss are done on purpose to keep out spießers, it works better and is cheaper than bear mace

it's this, and i'm happy to read in this thread that it's still working!

oliwan fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 29, 2018

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let me show you two quick examples why berlin is not like any other city in europe:

*emphasis mine

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Randler posted:

Æußere mich als großer Anhänger seelenloser Stahlbolzen.
:dudsmile:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Böser frankenfreak, Homer ist eifersüchtig auf den Stahlbolzen.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

https://www.instagram.com/pee.berlin/?hl=de

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Was ist ein love Revolution thing zum lecken? Oliwan ist älter als ich und ich hab schon keine Ahnung mehr von diesem hippen Kiddie-Party-Scheiss.

Also, Vienna and Rome are like the two best European capitals you fuckmen.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wengy posted:

Was ist ein love Revolution thing zum lecken? Oliwan ist älter als ich und ich hab schon keine Ahnung mehr von diesem hippen Kiddie-Party-Scheiss.

Also, Vienna and Rome are like the two best European capitals you fuckmen.

It has nothing to do with age; you have no idea about anything because you are the platonic ideal of bougie spießerism op, hth.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
oliwan being old and hip in Berlin, 2018, colorized

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe you doxxed me

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Still not informed about the licking revolution. Can I keep off my pants or what

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Lord Stimperor posted:

Still not informed about the licking revolution. Can I keep off my pants or what

From what I understand, pants are optional at any Berlin party.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I'm not trying to make fun of your love for Berlin I swear, but what is the Berlin specific thing about these pictures? Do you think techno clubs in other cities close after one night?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

cebrail posted:

I'm not trying to make fun of your love for Berlin I swear, but what is the Berlin specific thing about these pictures? Do you think techno clubs in other cities close after one night?

The Berlin specific thing about the picture is that only Berlin would think it's Berlin specific.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

It has nothing to do with age; you have no idea about anything because you are the platonic ideal of bougie spießerism op, hth.

gently caress, u got me good. I'm still quite a ways from that platonic ideal though, need more cash and actual Wohneigentum - I'm petit-bourgeois at best :(

Let's all share Silvesterpläne and rate each other's bougie-levels on that basis!

Me, I'm going to celebrate Silvester at home with a couple of friends, a home-cooked meal, little to no alcohol, probably play some FIFA with a buddy beforehand, not gonna go out for a walk or anything because I hate Feuerwerk and am strongly in favor of a Verbot. The biggest point of contention is whether we should make a home-made dessert or buy one at the bakery.

Wengy fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 30, 2018

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Käsefondue at home with daughter and wife. Probably gonna be asleep before the new year arrives. Feuerwerk is the dumbest thing unless you at least blow up a Dixiklo or something.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Home w/ partner's parents. Will probably involve fireworks because u kno y

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Drink a bottle of Sekt, play some Hitman 2, and fall asleep before 10 p.m.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

At my new apartment with a couple of friends, offering way too much food and smoking all the weed, which I just realized makes the amount of food a non-issue.

e: we haven't even talked about fireworks but I'm not gonna buy any and probably no one's gonna bring any. And my apartment offers a semi-decent view over town (bougie points +1 I guess), I bet we get to see enough.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 30, 2018

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Walking 12 km with my dad through thick fog and bitter cold to my uncle which I’m unironically looking forward to, where we will have tons of delicious food courtesy of my Italian aunt, and lots of good wine too. No fireworks, and I won’t miss them either.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

The bougie-levels in here... Gänsehaut, Freunde :)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Luckily I'm going to Berghain, which also had the traditional Sylvester lab.oratory party downstairs, to counter the Spießburgertum itt my god

edit: and I'm also not drinking a lot of alcohol, just some Rotkäppchen as is custom, so at least we have that in common. Will be taking lots of other drugs tho.

oliwan fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Dec 30, 2018

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

cebrail posted:

I'm not sure I get this post op. Can you show me some other clubs in other cities with similar 4 day parties?

Also, this is just the two best known clubs from opposite ends of the house - techno spectrum. The beauty is the sheer amounts of clubs that don't stop raving for a week, and so do the people.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Ah yes the house-techno spectrum,

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
get it right, it's house hyphen techno spectrum, not housebindestrichtechno spectrum.

i like how ridiculously open-faced the one poster/flyer is about ripping off Kater Holzig/Bar25 - are they related or just trying to rip off tourists?

Sylvester plans: Trying out that thing where you put rolls of camembert on top of each other, wrap the resulting towers in pizza dough and put them in the oven, then cutting it open for dipping. Also possibly some Sekt and/or Grog and looking after the cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zwille posted:

i like how ridiculously open-faced the one poster/flyer is about ripping off Kater Holzig/Bar25 - are they related or just trying to rip off tourists?

The flyer is for Kater Blau op, which is the continuation of Kater Holzig/ Bar25.