Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Oh hey look it's m̟̖̺̫̮̣̹͚̻̰̞͙̺͙̭̤y̭̤̳̱̭͓̯̯̘͍̟̪̥ͅ ̦̩̰͉͉͚̘͉ͅp̟̦͉̣̘͈̤̬̞̝̺̙o̦̹͓͔͇s̯̩̜͉̞̲̮̳͕̮̹͚̝̜t̝̻̻̰̭̣͓̤̯̻̘̩̻̳͇s̪̬̪͍̫̦̣̗̗͈̼̝͍̲̭͈

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That's one :black101: honeywagon

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

quote:

2M
[sound of quick laugh] usually people don't take the whole umm– uh–
survival suit– safety meeting thing very seriously. then it's "yeah–
whatever. it fits" but nobody actually sees to see if their survival suit fits.
I think today would be a good day [sound of laugh] for– for– for the fire
and boat drill– just be like– "so we just wanna make sure everyone's
survival suit fits" and then with the storm people are gunna (go/be like)
"holy #. I really need to see if my survival suit fits– for reaaal." [laughter
throughout]
OSHA Thread: [laughter throughout]

quote:

M1 [sound of electric telephone ringing.]
CAPT-ET bridge– captain.
CAPT-ET we (got) a prrroooblem.

quote:

CAPT the cars that are floating in three hold...
CM there are.
CM they're subs.
CAPT [sound of laughter]

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 30, 2018

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Isn't Broward county also the one that manages to gently caress up every election

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/ebNJwD1.gifv

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Lol how has the entire broward department not been fired / dissolved into coral springs yet

Because even the supreme court agrees that cops are not your friend and you're on your own if they dont want to help you.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Now that’s a fall harness that had a full day of work.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

This is the sort of cliched poo poo that isn't believable when it goes in bad movies. And yet, hanging suspended from a rope above an ever building fire was an actual thing that happened in this dude's life. He's got impressive arm strength.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rolling coal :mmmhmm:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

I'm reading a thing that the sun sentinel just put out "unprepared and overwhelmed" about the parkland timeline

first thing that jumped out at me was a little quote: 58 minutes of chaos. 58 minutes was the name of the book that was later adapted to be die hard 2... so thats kind of a hosed up little easter egg there

http://projects.sun-sentinel.com/2018/sfl-parkland-school-shooting-critical-moments/

but through looking at the timeline, i see a bunch of flordia rear end poo poo, about boomers. sheriffis that are supposed to be calling in code reds or rushing towards the sounds of gunshots, and instead just stay at their cars. flordia is one of the most gun right voting states in the union, and of course the old voters that keep protecting guns rights dont risk their rear end to run in and save the ones who cant vote from the consequences of the old rear end boomer electorate

Tl;dr: All cops are cowards

And giving fat old football coaches golf carts to ride around and harass students doesn't increase campus safety if they're too stupid and drug addled to remember they can call a Code Red

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

jemand posted:

This is the sort of cliched poo poo that isn't believable when it goes in bad movies. And yet, hanging suspended from a rope above an ever building fire was an actual thing that happened in this dude's life. He's got impressive arm strength.

I want to see the OSHA rear end action movie this is from, where the construction worker hero fights the bad guy some scaffolding and they both fall off, but the hero is safe because he always wears his PPE.

The bad guy is a corporate lobbyist or something.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh7VsG_CpqU

quote:

The Sydney to Hobart Yacht race of 1998 was tragic as huge seas & storms decimated the fleet, leaving 6 people dead and 5 boats sunk.
*** HOW this was obtained ***
This recording of the HF transmissions from 1998 was recorded by me from Queensland, using a newfangled unattended recoding program on the PC and a very ordinary Sangean ATS-803a receiver using a random long wire Antenna - from memory this was on the 8 Mhz Marine band, and is the co-ordination of the search and rescue from the 28th Dec 1998 and covers from around 8:30PM till 10PM - The automated recorded stopped recording when the signal noise dropped below a certain level and thus some was lost. The recording goes for 30 mins, as that was the limit that was set to save disk space, but there is a lot of empty noise.

** WHY?? *** I have had this on a disk for 13 years now ( WOW!) and I had a serious disk crash, recently and almost lost everything..... I place this here on youtube so it is not lost to prosperity - The race is on again right now, so This was good timing! I present this recording as it was recorded, warts and all for your education

*** I dedicate this to those lost at sea

**** *HIGHLIGHTS* (Times are approximate)
4:11 "Rescue 253" 9A helicopter) locates a life-raft
6:00 "Air force Sydney" is looking for a position of a yacht " Solo Global Challenge"
6:50 "RTC Canberra" (Who is co-ordinating) has a "hot mic" and is explaining the situation to someone locally
8:35 "Rescue 253" has sighted 2 POB on the life-raft - RTC wants to know if they are from "Winston Churchill"
9:39 Another "hot mic" in Canberra
11:56 "Tiger75" (A Navy Helicopter, I think) has the survivors on board, but still awaiting info on who they are
13:04 13:44 confirmation that there are 2 survivors of the "Winston Churchill" from the life raft, but the tragic news that 3 others had "rolled out" of the raft and are lost (Historical note- these three were listed as drowned)
14:46 Discussion about where the survivors are to be taken by Tiger 75
15:20 Info of the survivors is passed though, along with the news that the life raft they were "in" had no bottom.
16:33 Rescue 253 Says it has heard a beacon & is proceeding to the location
20:00 Another aircraft has gone to the search site from Merimbula (A town in New South Wales)
25:38 Rescue 253 updates beacon location
26;30 Rescue 253 Locates a boat at the beacon site that has been dis-masted & is in serious trouble.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FuturePastNow posted:

Tl;dr: All cops are cowards

And giving fat old football coaches golf carts to ride around and harass students doesn't increase campus safety if they're too stupid and drug addled to remember they can call a Code Red
Fat old baseball coaches who school administrators wanted fired for sexually harassing students!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Does it really take that long to move / lower those buckets? Feels like that thing should be halfway toward dropping that guy off on the ground by the end of that and yet it has barely perceptibly moved.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Shitter's full!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Imagined posted:

Does it really take that long to move / lower those buckets? Feels like that thing should be halfway toward dropping that guy off on the ground by the end of that and yet it has barely perceptibly moved.

I think part of it is that it’s moving “back” (away from the fire) but also away from the camera so the perspective is skewed?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 30, 2018

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Lol how has the entire broward department not been fired / dissolved into coral springs yet

They're waiting till Luther Campbell dies.

Just in case.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

jemand posted:

I imagine you discover arm strength you didn't know you had in that situation.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SO much osha as gently caress stuff going on in this one.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the dude with the little fire extinguisher. I tried but it was not my time to shine.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Imagined posted:

They aren't designed to move quickly. If you move fast, you will need to possibly brake fast, and with the boom extended you have inertia issues and all that. It would really lead to some quality OSHA related stuffs though if they did.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Remember how Backyard Scientist discovered during a video on power tool safety that he could turn a table saw into a lethal cannon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnx3ipM-rqA

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Also, the guys pulling at the tarp or whatever that’s on fire. What are you trying to save.

Imagined posted:

The building we rent space in has one. It takes like 2 minutes to move 20 feet. Scissor lifts, the platforms on wheels that go straight up and down, are even slower if you’re moving with the platform raised.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 30, 2018

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

KoRMaK posted:

I'm reading a thing that the sun sentinel just put out "unprepared and overwhelmed" about the parkland timeline

first thing that jumped out at me was a little quote: 58 minutes of chaos. 58 minutes was the name of the book that was later adapted to be die hard 2... so thats kind of a hosed up little easter egg there

http://projects.sun-sentinel.com/2018/sfl-parkland-school-shooting-critical-moments/

but through looking at the timeline, i see a bunch of flordia rear end poo poo, about boomers. sheriffis that are supposed to be calling in code reds or rushing towards the sounds of gunshots, and instead just stay at their cars. flordia is one of the most gun right voting states in the union, and of course the old voters that keep protecting guns rights dont risk their rear end to run in and save the ones who cant vote from the consequences of the old rear end boomer electorate

I help run trainings including active shooter trainings and honestly I can barely read that it just makes me so angry especially since I have a 1 year old daughter. Active shooter training has been pretty consistent since Columbine and almost nothing was done right. it's a complete failure from the top on down and every officer who stood outside listening to gunfire should crawl on their hands and knees begging forgiveness from the parents of the kids who were killed.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

B-Rock452 posted:

. it's a complete failure from the top on down and every officer who stood outside listening to gunfire should crawl on their hands and knees begging forgiveness from the parents of the kids who were killed.

Instead he’ll be collecting a $100,000/year pension!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Kibayasu posted:

Also, the guys pulling at the tarp or whatever that’s on fire. What are you trying to save.

I am hazarding a guess that it is the tarp that is on fire.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://i.imgur.com/oBmVnu0.gifv

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

chitoryu12 posted:

I can't believe people are talking about the F-89 Scorpion without bringing up the only time it ever saw combat: the Battle of Palmdale.

A rogue target drone flew off toward the town, so they scrambled two F-89s to shoot it down with their Mighty Mouse anti-air rocket pods. They fired 208 rockets. Every single one missed the drone and it crashed into some power lines along an unpaved desert road. The rockets...didn't.

Trabant posted:

That's a great story and I really wish the Wikipedia entry had the usual Belligerents/Strength/Result/etc sections.

This is from forever ago, but I did A thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Palmdale

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Primo Itch posted:

:911:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Wikipedia hates humour and will never let it stick around.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Belligerents: 1 drony boi

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Primo Itch posted:

That’s beautiful and I hope it sticks around.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Platystemon posted:

Wikipedia hates humour and will never let it stick around.

It will live forever in my Folder Of Random Aviation poo poo.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
"Pyrrhic drone victory"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Take screenshots!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I made some minor factual corrections, hope you don't mind

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You can just keep the link to the specific revision.

Deleting old revisions is :effort: for the admins. It’s not happening unless the page contains illegal content or personally upsets Jimbo.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Platystemon posted:

You can just keep the link to the specific revision.

Deleting old revisions is :effort: for the admins. It’s not happening unless the page contains illegal content or personally upsets Jimbo.

That utility truck was his father, you insensitive clod!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Someone's already edited it down, JFC wiki editors calm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

I can't believe people are talking about the F-89 Scorpion without bringing up the only time it ever saw combat: the Battle of Palmdale.

A rogue target drone flew off toward the town, so they scrambled two F-89s to shoot it down with their Mighty Mouse anti-air rocket pods. They fired 208 rockets. Every single one missed the drone and it crashed into some power lines along an unpaved desert road. The rockets...didn't.

Has any other operational, production weapons system failed as embarrassingly as those Mighty Mouse rockets?