Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

suppression and drug abuse to cope is a well tread path and it does not usually end well. at best you might crater and get to a point where you have to do something. but before that you’re consigned to some liminal hell, can barely see a day ahead with no hope that things will get any better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm old, it's ok

no, you’re like 30 something

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

yeah! I've made it this far.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OldAlias posted:

30 is not old only if you are old

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

30 is not old only if you are old

feels old, dude. my poo poo doesn't recover as much as it used to

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it sucks buying things at a store when you can't try things on. if they don't fit you have to deal with it or try to return it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it sucks buying things at a store when you can't try things on. if they don't fit you have to deal with it or try to return it

you can try things on. literally nobody is looking at you. if it makes you feel safer go with a friend.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

jit bull transpile posted:

you can try things on. literally nobody is looking at you. if it makes you feel safer go with a friend.

nah, they're looking. lol

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

SmokaDustbowl posted:

feels old, dude. my poo poo doesn't recover as much as it used to

there’s still a lot you can do, and never is too late, but you’re young enough that you won’t need to worry about possible age related health issues with transitioning (if you were to). I know you have long hair - with hrt you’d get to keep it, and stop further masculinization. you can even trial this stuff, and not need to present outwardly one way or another if you don’t feel up to it. then maybe one day it gets easier and people see you how you feel, or at least you feel a bit less incongruous. before any of that it’s probably a good idea to talk to someone

it looks like a specialized clinic (Gender Health Program) in Edmonton opens in February. hopefully you can find accessible or sliding scale resources

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

there’s still a lot you can do, and never is too late, but you’re young enough that you won’t need to worry about possible age related health issues with transitioning (if you were to). I know you have long hair - with hrt you’d get to keep it, and stop further masculinization. you can even trial this stuff, and not need to present outwardly one way or another if you don’t feel up to it. then maybe one day it gets easier and people see you how you feel, or at least you feel a bit less incongruous. before any of that it’s probably a good idea to talk to someone

it looks like a specialized clinic (Gender Health Program) in Edmonton opens in February. hopefully you can find accessible or sliding scale resources

you're telling me everything I already know and I'm sorry I brought it up in the first fuckin place

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

honestly then what do you expect to hear?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

honestly then what do you expect to hear?

what were you expecting to hear from me?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
even if I transitioned I'd still wear jeans and t-shirts and hoodies because that's what I like. maybe I'd wear a long skirt sometimes but really

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I know you're trying to help but you're just posting a paragraph that might as well be a checkbox template

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
you know what sucks? finding a cool t-shirt in a good colour with a fun print, but it has those stupid little sleeves

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun

SmokaDustbowl posted:

even if I transitioned I'd still wear jeans and t-shirts and hoodies because that's what I like. maybe I'd wear a long skirt sometimes but really

There’s nothing wrong with sticking with what you like. Plenty of women wear jeans and t-shirts and hoodies as their style.

Hell I’m literally wearing a hoodie right now and probably going shopping for jeans sometime in the next week.

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun
What really sucks is when you’re not out to your parents yet and they’re trying to buy you new jeans because your old ones don’t fit well and you’re going “nooooooo” internally but can’t say anything because you aren’t out yet

ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

poo poo up another thread, Stymie.

And, Smoka, the reason you keep hearing the same poo poo over and over again is because a lot of us were in that exact place ourselves. We actually have some idea what we're talking about.

Is it rough? Yeah. Can it be dangerous? Yeah. But aside from getting mugged a couple weeks back, it's been mostly dirty looks and sniggering and that, and I started this whole refactoring project in loving Fontana.

You're not too old and passing is a concept that can be incredibly toxic. And, really, how much more of your life do you want to not live fully because of how a bunch of assholes you don't know would feel about it?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

same and it’s been 8 years

do what you want not what you feel you should

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
jeans and a t-shirt are timeless, affordable and comfortable, wear whatever makes u happy

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Seriously. My wardrobe is basically Goth Ellen Degeneres.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
i think skirts are more comfortable than jeans but im also not comfortable enough in myself to wear them regularly

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

atelier morgan posted:

i think skirts are more comfortable than jeans but im also not comfortable enough in myself to wear them regularly

Also usually less pockets

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

jeans suck but I’m self conscious in skirts (femininity doesn’t suit me cuz mannish etc)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Ain't nothing wrong with being butch.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Also, Smoka, I have been referring to you as they/them. Would you prefer anything else?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

im wrong shape skirt look dumb on me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Poniard posted:

im wrong shape skirt look dumb on me

same

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
a long skirt is fun for everone. you get to twirl.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Goth Ellen Degeneres.

mods?!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ultravoices posted:

a long skirt is fun for everone. you get to twirl.

I get to look like a moron you mean :smith:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pollyanna posted:

I get to look like a moron you mean :smith:

wear a skirt that blooms out like an a line or a flare skirt and wear the waist higher than you think you should. it will amaze you. most cis women aren't curvy, is all magic tricks with clothes

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

magic tricks with clothes

Happy New Year, wonderfuls.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wear a skirt that blooms out like an a line or a flare skirt and wear the waist higher than you think you should. it will amaze you. most cis women aren't curvy, is all magic tricks with clothes

curviness I can handle, it’s the drat genes I got from my grandmothers and aunts where I’m stocky and have big arms

my silhouette sucks lmao

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 1, 2019

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Wear skirts and dresses anyway who cares about silhouettes or arms

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i rarely wear pants except like for sleeping or when i just got home from work and need to go and get groceries

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
jeans make my butt look nice. i like them

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i have a fat barrel chest that is disproportionately long for my height so i have short legs but skirts and dresses actually help mask that by hiding the transition point better than pants ever did

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mailorder bees! posted:

jeans make my butt look nice. i like them

that's valid

i have no butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005