Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8

You didn't specify which 80s :colbert:

your songs don't even have cannons in them, smh

My grandfather had a record of 1812 and on multiple occasions he’d come home at 2am completely shitfaced and decide that was a good time to listen to it at max volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Happy new year worst thread.

Pretend I linked to Cory Hart - Sunglasses at Night for awesome 80s song.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Happy New Year you awful people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhpu2N4rQZM

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

POST YOUR FAVORITE 80s song ITT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3cbKEwGxRk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbSqhNCo_ik

e: I actually wanted to pick Deine Lakaien, but realised that was 91

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Dec 31, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

freeranger posted:

Happy new year worst thread.

Pretend I linked to Cory Hart - Sunglasses at Night for awesome 80s song.

I wish everyone itt a pretty awesome 2019. It'll be better than 2018.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1500quidpoocati posted:

My grandfather had a record of 1812 and on multiple occasions he’d come home at 2am completely shitfaced and decide that was a good time to listen to it at max volume.

Your grandfather was a cool man.

Feliz ańo nuevo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrL2XAo9Eo

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Minto Took posted:

Doing things occasionally for the show is a good thing even if it slightly defeats the purpose of a larger goal. How much time were wheel covers worth, btw?

And yes, simple aero with ground effects, please.

Make the wheel covers transparent?

Happy new year, you smoothbrains. I'm starting a new job on the 2nd, and likely won't be able to keep up with all of this relevent discourse at the new company. I'll have to skim on the weekends. Please try to make your good and important posts in bold so I can focus on those.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CratSock posted:

Happy new year, you smoothbrains. I'm starting a new job on the 2nd, and likely won't be able to keep up with all of this relevent discourse at the new company. I'll have to skim on the weekends. Please try to make your good and important posts in bold so I can focus on those.

C A S T
I R O N

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
ladder

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I wonder if F1 engine blocks are still made with cast iron or if they have moved on to more durable lightweight material with a non friction coating such as PTFE

:thunk:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I just ordered a new nonstick pan.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

1500quidpoocati posted:

I wonder if F1 engine blocks are still made with cast iron or if they have moved on to more durable lightweight material with a non friction coating such as PTFE

:thunk:

Cast iron 2 stroke f1 cars with active aero plz

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I’m going to get one today after work now that I have a functional Toyota Corolla Transmission again.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

tuo posted:

I wish everyone itt a pretty awesome 2019. It'll be better than 2018.

Agreed, I expect a big improvement around March 29th

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm sure the autocrats in Brussels will embargo all the F1 cars from the Queen's England coming to the Euro circuits thereby destroying the farcical Gallic sport

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CratSock posted:

BRING BACK ACTIVE SUSPENSION!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

CratSock posted:

Then you can't do em out of carbon (because everything else is heavier), and have to do them as a mandatory piece, which the teams have to agree upon, due to concord poo poo.

Welcome to F1

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Latest updates on Scuderia Ferrari’s 2019 car, according to Motorsport Italy:

The 2019 Ferrari car might have a longer wheelbase due to the larger fuel tank (5kg more fuel is allowed), while Mercedes will try to work on the rear end to keep the same wheelbase length as in 2018 despite the larger fuel tank.

“Ferrari project leader Enrico Cardile and chief aerodynamicist David Sanchez have pushed for the 2019 car to have a slightly longer transmission, moving the engine away from the rear wheels and have an even more extreme rear end. At the same time, the new radiators are arranged in a different way, thus improving the aerodynamic efficiency of the car. In short, the 5 kg more fuel addition could have affected the 2019 Ferrari car more than you think.” – reports Motorsport Italy.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Also: Red Bull's Helmut Marko is threatening to leave F1 in 21 if they can't choose engines freely. WEC hypercar with the valkyrie seems to be the option.

There should be some kind of count between Ferrari and RB in regard to how many times they threatened to leave sport after they stopped winning.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

BTW: I hope Ferrari get's their poo poo together and with the rumored "no-sidepods"-car has decent chance at winnning

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
As opposed to Mercedes who only leave after they kill unprecedented numbers of people

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

Latest updates on Scuderia Ferrari’s 2019 car, according to Motorsport Italy:

The 2019 Ferrari car might have a longer wheelbase due to the larger fuel tank (5kg more fuel is allowed), while Mercedes will try to work on the rear end to keep the same wheelbase length as in 2018 despite the larger fuel tank.

“Ferrari project leader Enrico Cardile and chief aerodynamicist David Sanchez have pushed for the 2019 car to have a slightly longer transmission, moving the engine away from the rear wheels and have an even more extreme rear end. At the same time, the new radiators are arranged in a different way, thus improving the aerodynamic efficiency of the car. In short, the 5 kg more fuel addition could have affected the 2019 Ferrari car more than you think.” – reports Motorsport Italy.

Sounds good. I guess I'll eat a completto.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As opposed to Mercedes who only leave after they kill unprecedented numbers of people

That’s Le Mans not F1 though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its funny how Rbr threatens to quit and nobody gives a gently caress

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Just imagine all the opportunities Max would have to crash into backmarkers at Le Mans.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I bought my parents a new one for Christmas since they had worked through the Teflon coating on the old one and were still using it on a daily basis :psyduck:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

I bought my parents a new one for Christmas since they had worked through the Teflon coating on the old one and were still using it on a daily basis :psyduck:

I don't understand how anyone does this. I've seen photos online of completely destroyed Teflon pans but I've never actually seen one in person. I can't imagine the beating you have to put it through.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Teflon damage. Two idiots buying pans.

Meanwhile I’ll keep using the loving pans and poo poo I’ve been using since the 1800s and still going cause applying a little bit of seasoning once in a while doesn’t loving kill me like Teflon coating giving me cancer when it starts to flake and poo poo.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I don't understand how anyone does this. I've seen photos online of completely destroyed Teflon pans but I've never actually seen one in person. I can't imagine the beating you have to put it through.

Good news: a time tested alternative exists

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Teflon damage. Two idiots buying pans.

Meanwhile I’ll keep using the loving pans and poo poo I’ve been using since the 1800s and still going cause applying a little bit of seasoning once in a while doesn’t loving kill me like Teflon coating giving me cancer when it starts to flake and poo poo.

Literally doesn't happen unless you're a moron

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Unless you have Michael Schumacher levels of brain damage I seriously can’t understand how you damage a teflon pan with even the tiniest bit of awareness.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidpoocati posted:

That’s Le Mans not F1 though.

The car was a streamlined F1 car though and they pulled out of F1 after that year. But the fraudulent British and Italians were wholly incapable of competing against the righteous might of German engineering and organization so why bother wasting money on such a ghetto sport anyway? They'll pull out in a couple years for the same reason again surely.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
We still doing 80s vids, because there is non more 80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=657TZDHZqj4

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seb Vettel year in review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 31, 2018

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

this is the best post you've ever made

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
"Teflon pans never go bad unless you're a loving complete moron"

*like 30 seconds earlier*

"Just bought a new teflon pan"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

It's a different size...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

All of mine are perfectly fine but in the back of a storage unit so I needed another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Look how loving defensive you Teflon fucks get jesus relax

Got 1500quidalcoholic here and a loving bill burr-wannabe fake rear end fake jumping down people's throats cause they know deep down they're loving inferior