Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Omg raiders please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bip Roberts posted:

Omg raiders please

THIS

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Bip Roberts posted:

Omg raiders please

Gruden seems like the kind of guy who would go for it too

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
If they're going to do Hard Knocks about the Raiders, they could use a charismatic superstar with long flowing golden hair and plenty of acting experience. The kind you'd trade a first round draft pick to the Packers for.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Athanatos posted:

Gruden seems like the kind of guy who would go for it too

Spider my bananas please

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

I dunno why that one Packer fan is down on Fitzgerald, I've been reading up on him and he seems pretty good and should have an easy time fitting into Green Bay if he's hired.

Me? I've never heard of him and I'm skeptical of college head coaches going straight to being head coaches in the NFL. Also, since Mark Murphy was AD of Northwestern when Fitzgerald was hired there, it feels a bit nepotistic to me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BGrifter posted:

ooh now that we're into the offseason Gruden can start working on trading some of those draft picks for Carson Wentz! :woop:

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

McDaniels was legitimately a terrible head coach and not just a personal guy. He was really bad in Denver outside a weird 6 game stretch, presided over a loving video-taping scandal, his offense was middle of the pack by DVOA (15 in 2010, 18th in 2009) and he somehow ruined his defense (30th in 2010, 7th in 2009). Do not want.

Some people should just remain coordinators... of the best QB of all time and probably the best coach of all time. Do that.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

If Josh McDaniels goes to the Packers my hatred will be so pure

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I want the Packers to hire Hue

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MNVikesCentral/status/1079837843529392129?s=20

He forgot to include "Kirk signing".

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

/\/\/\ You really need to be raking Spielman over the coals for that one.

GeneX posted:

I want the Packers to hire Hue

We all do.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Darth Brooks posted:

/\/\/\ You really need to be raking Spielman over the coals for that one.

We all do.

Not all!

I don't

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Kirk Cousins has never kissed a titty in his entire life.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Kirk Cousins has never kissed a titty in his entire life.

The $130M he will have earned by the end of this contract won’t have been worth it if true

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Serious question: what’s up with the Vikings betting big with QB castoffs from other teams over and over again? Is it a symptom of not being bad enough to land a high draft pick and develop a star or is the front office just terminally terrible?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Yodzilla posted:

Serious question: what’s up with the Vikings betting big with QB castoffs from other teams over and over again? Is it a symptom of not being bad enough to land a high draft pick and develop a star or is the front office just terminally terrible?

Last two times they tried to develop a QB Teddy's knee exploded and Christian Ponder.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Yodzilla posted:

Daunte Culpepper!!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
In the interests of, well, masochism, I went to look at the records the Lions of Detroit have against the rest of the NFC North and they don't have a winning record against any of the other teams, and their worst record (in terms of losing %age) is against the Vikings who they've been playing for less time than either the Bears or the Packers. Again, if I had a time machine, I'd go back to 1990 me and tell me not to support this team

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's never too late.

I feel like we need to create a rescue shelter for traumatized Lions fans.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The Vikings have been trying their asses off to win a Superbowl basically forever. They are an extremely high-effort organization. As in, I can't think of any string of years where you could look at their moves and suggest they weren't doing all they (thought they) could to try to win a championship.

Which makes it so much more satisfying every time they fail (e.g. every year).

Balls-out trades, gently caress off FA signings, absurd or risky drafts, they try everything. It is very funny.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

In the interests of, well, masochism, I went to look at the records the Lions of Detroit have against the rest of the NFC North and they don't have a winning record against any of the other teams, and their worst record (in terms of losing %age) is against the Vikings who they've been playing for less time than either the Bears or the Packers. Again, if I had a time machine, I'd go back to 1990 me and tell me not to support this team

You think that's sad listen to one of these stories where some dudes grandpa was a fan for like 40 years, they always watched games together and he passed without ever having seen them even make an appearance in a super bowl.

I don't have kids so looking forward to suffering this fate alone with my wife who is a part time Packers fan. FML

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo, I like the very handsome Lions who have beaten the very bad Packers 4 times in a row.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Vando posted:

Last two times they tried to develop a QB Teddy's knee exploded and Christian Ponder.

Boy do those names feel like forever ago.

Mr Hootington posted:

Daunte Culpepper!!

Oh yeah!

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Boy do those names feel like forever ago.

I remember the Ponder years all too well

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

How dare you fuckers forget tarvaris jackson

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

sponges posted:

I remember the Ponder years all too well

It's loving Ponder-ous, man!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

adaz posted:

How dare you fuckers forget tarvaris jackson

He started a playoff game.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Free Joe Webb.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Whoops that was Joe Webb not Tarvaris Jackson

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Dexo posted:

Whoops that was Joe Webb not Tarvaris Jackson

tjax did too never forget

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
The best part of the Vikings being high rollers is I always have some new, exciting hope just over the horizon. The worst part is knowing what comes at that horizon, but hey, I haven’t given into outright nihilism yet, no sense in starting now.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Who the gently caress is scraeming "STOP TRYING TO FIND THE MISSING PIECE" at my house. Show yourself, coward. I will never stop trying to find the missing piece.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The Vikings as a junkie who keeps chasing that high is pretty spot on.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Vikings Bout to make it rain on a right tackle and still have a garbage line smh

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Daunte Culpepper!!

Remember when he was the Lions QB for almost a whole season?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i choose to forget daunte's career after he knee explode

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I remember the Browns game in '09 where Stafford dislocated his shoulder on a final Hail Mary that drew DPI in the end zone at 0:00, so Culpepper came out to run the free play until Stafford said "Nah, I'm better with one arm than Culpepper with two" and he snuck out and threw the game winner.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Mike Priefer still has a job because Zimmer doesn't know that he even has a Special Teams coach on staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1079772514711191555?s=19

That's my QB