Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

i feel almost positive that it's actually the account of a 50 year old white maga chud

"I, a black woman, am eager to defend this personification of white privilege, including mocking a shooting survivor. My name? Err...Eve...Whiteman? Yes, that's convincing"
Cat Tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only wall?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I am curious what percentage of his likes are like-bots.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Time will tell. It's either a career strategy or he's genuinely pissed and having a bitter breakdown.

Oh, it's definitely the second one. If there's one thing we can be sure of at this point, it's that Louis C.K. sucks at curtailing his negative impulses, and you're not wrong about it being the end of his mainstream career. The natural progression, though, is that he'll attract a lot of attention from all the usual suspects who think "PC/Shaming culture has gone too far!" and they'll be happy to shovel money into his pockets. I think the only open question is whether or not he's critical enough to realize what's happening and be disgusted by it, or if he's so well-insulated that he can cognitive dissonance his way out of caring that worthless shitlords have become his core audience.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Skippy McPants posted:

Oh, it's definitely the second one. If there's one thing we can be sure of at this point, it's that Louis C.K. sucks at curtailing his negative impulses, and you're not wrong about it being the end of his mainstream career. The natural progression, though, is that he'll attract a lot of attention from all the usual suspects who think "PC/Shaming culture has gone too far!" and they'll be happy to shovel money into his pockets. I think the only open question is whether or not he's critical enough to realize what's happening and be disgusted by it, or if he's so well-insulated that he can cognitive dissonance his way out of caring that worthless shitlords have become his core audience.

I mean even if you used to find him funny he's always been sort of a worthless shitlord himself so this is sadly probably just a natural progression.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I mean, props to her for getting in under the wire and someone topping that Beto calf-cramp tweet. 2018 continues to impress.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Skippy McPants posted:

The natural progression, though, is that he'll attract a lot of attention from all the usual suspects who think "PC/Shaming culture has gone too far!" and they'll be happy to shovel money into his pockets.
Loom forward to seeing him on Adam Carolla and Joe Rogan's podcasts a lot more, folks.

By the by, there's a terrible, terrible morning radio zoo in L.A. called the Woody Show that will probably talk about this til 2020.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Phobic Nest posted:

The Fake News Media claims I wanted a Cheese Wheel when I wanted a Cheese Wall! Make it Swiss and you can see right through. Smart!
Make America Grate Again

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

FilthyImp posted:

Loom forward

loom forward all great wheels and walls

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm sure a lot of liberals found him funny. He had a later-in-life breakthrough because Millennials found him funny in the 2000s. Now Millennials are mad at him for off-stage stuff, so he's gonna poo poo on them for X-ers.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Feinne posted:

I mean even if you used to find him funny he's always been sort of a worthless shitlord himself so this is sadly probably just a natural progression.

Probably! He's clearly self-aware enough to recognize when he's being an awful person, but that never stopped him from committing sexual assault. My expectation is that his self-loathing will intensify until it either calcifies into a full-blown persecution complex or causes him to implode into complete mental breakdown/suicide.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cefte posted:

Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only wall?

Wall? What is it good for?

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Louis CK always sucked. I can always tell when somebody is problematic or toxic, so I've never had to give up watching any content I like. Except for Shmorky and old Gaming Garbage videos.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

If you’re not eating snacks and watching Space 1999 with friends what is even the point of your New Years Eve

Go look at a rosier form of what we hoped for the future, where the god damned moon leaves Earth’s orbit, presumably destroying the Earth, and then the moon has adventures

poo poo makes Star Trek TOS look positively tame, poo poo is wild, get the gently caress in and get confused

My best NYE ever was staying in with friends, drinking sparkling white wine, and watching Showgirls 2.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

The historian in me looks at "it has always been that way" and wants to point out that the wheel was largely unknown in the Americas until the European invasion.

Also, who's going to convince him to replace the Wall with a series of giant statues of himself, all with the inscription "I am Donald J. Trump, the Best President in History / Look upon my Wall, ye immigrants, and despair"?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Besesoth posted:

The historian in me looks at "it has always been that way" and wants to point out that the wheel was largely unknown in the Americas until the European invasion.

Also, who's going to convince him to replace the Wall with a series of giant statues of himself, all with the inscription "I am Donald J. Trump, the Best President in History / Look upon my Wall, ye immigrants, and despair"?

My name is Orangemandias....

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

CmdrRiker posted:

My best NYE ever was staying in with friends, drinking sparkling white wine, and watching Showgirls 2.

I didn't know they made a sequel.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Anderson Cooper is apparently drunk on CNN and just told a random story about when he was a child model and then as an adult he got an email from a family who's child died and he got the email while in a fast food restaurant and started weeping because he knew the kid when he was young and who was also a model (?) and Andy Cohen showed a picture of the kid on tv at the same time Cooper was reading the email (?) and Cooper then wished the family a happy new year live in times square as Andy Cohen was trying to keep the segment from collapsing. All the time exciting techno music is playing in the background. So... welcome to 2019?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Anderson Cooper is apparently drunk on CNN and just told a random story about when he was a child model and then as an adult he got an email from a family who's child died and he got the email while in a fast food restaurant and started weeping because he knew the kid when he was young and who was also a model (?) and Andy Cohen showed a picture of the kid on tv at the same time Cooper was reading the email (?) and Cooper then wished the family a happy new year live in times square as Andy Cohen was trying to keep the segment from collapsing. All the time exciting techno music is playing in the background. So... welcome to 2019?

Also CNN was threatened with having their credentials pulled for a year all because Andy and Anderson were sharing an umbrella.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Koalas Massacre posted:

Also CNN was threatened with having their credentials pulled for a year all because Andy and Anderson were sharing an umbrella.

I assume you're joking? But CNN just interviewed Cher so who knows.

The fun thing about being on the west coast is being able to watch CNN's poo poo show and not actually having that be my New Year. But they're talking to Chappelle now so business is picking up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if we built a wall made out of wheels, then we could quickly deploy it anywhere

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Interweb posted:

i feel almost positive that it's actually the account of a 50 year old white maga chud

surprising. it doesnt seem like that at least judging by the link she put in her twitter. idk.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What if the wheels were made out of walls, so that everything would be impregnable.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

I assume you're joking? But CNN just interviewed Cher so who knows.

The fun thing about being on the west coast is being able to watch CNN's poo poo show and not actually having that be my New Year. But they're talking to Chappelle now so business is picking up.

Nope.

https://twitter.com/pkwsj/status/1079928234022703104?s=19

https://twitter.com/thesherylralph/status/1079926140104409088

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Honestly if more shows were just everyone on camera getting wasted it would be a lot better.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Anderson Cooper is drunk on live TV?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Haha.

Jealous Cow posted:

Oh yeah.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I AM DRINK THE JESUS JUICE.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

So long, 2018. RIP in piss

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Jealous Cow posted:

So long, 2018. RIP in piss

Cooper and Cohen literally talking about when to do their next shot of tequila.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

CitizenKain posted:

Honestly if more shows were just everyone on camera getting wasted it would be a lot better.
Pittsburgh had an art installation/ late night restaurant called The Waffle Shop that was basically this, except everyone was already wasted. Unfortunately gentrification was occured upon an area that contained the neighborhood.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

CitizenKain posted:

ifyp

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jealous Cow posted:

Cohen has been forcing a tequila shot down his through every hour on the hour for the last 5 hours. He an avatar of alcohol at this point.

Welcome to 2019, East Coast.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I think Andy Cohen wants to bang Anderson Cooper.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

nine-gear crow posted:

Cohen has been forcing a tequila shot down his through every hour on the hour for the last 5 hours. He an avatar of alcohol at this point.

Drunk after 5 shots in 5 hours.

America deserves to crumble.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Happy New year, East coast goons.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

nine-gear crow posted:

Let's never do this year again.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1079538170960572416

yeah. here is the full hogg thing. since it hasn't been posted yets.

that he's angrily yelling he can't say "retard" anymore and that kids are too sensitive these days. and making fun of the parkland kids? lol he's gone full rightwing hack like dennis miller. that standup set is atrocious.

then again, milking his hog is why he got in trouble in the first place.

Jesus Christ you can hear the very definition of a "hate laugh" by some guy who most likely has people in his crawlspace loving LOVING this old as poo poo "kids these days" rant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean in the past it's always been a drunk/cold-flushed anderson moderating a wasted kathy griffin/don lemon/etc, so this is just how CNN rolls.

Ither posted:

I think Andy Cohen wants to bang Anderson Cooper.

oh no really?