Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

Here's to another year of horrible posts about Teflon/PTFE inferiority, cast iron superiority, of Lance Stroll being total and complete trash, another year of wicka thinking he's Bill Burr, another year of el hefe being burried next to Jimmy Hoffa, of another glorious season of the best sport on this horrible planet, of the kinds of jokes that would get you banned for unoriginality anywhere else on these forums...

This thread is the only reason I don't pull the loaded and cocked gun in my mouth by which I mean post on reddit f1 and/or just not talking about F1 to anyone else because I live on the North American continent which is the absolute worst place for sports and to be a fan of sports.

I agree 💯 with this post, unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Looking forward to 2019, another championship victory for the unstoppable #TeamLH44 and the unbeatable #MercedesAMGPetronasF1. A Cinderella story of the homeless orphan from Stevenage and the pitifully underfunded enthusiast auto maker from Germany. Who would think they could have made it this far?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-ferrari-pressure-burti/4318372/

TL;DR Vettel is a whiny baby who needs coddling at all times and the Machiavellian torture chamber that is Scuderia Ferrari is too mean a place for him

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vettel doesnt have the credentials to boss around like Schumi did. Win the title or gently caress off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

Vettel doesnt have the credentials to boss around like Schumi did. Win the title or gently caress off.

Vettel had more WDCs than Schumi when Ferrari picked them up :thunk:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

RBR isnt a real team like Benetton was, dont troll this thread please.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

I think the difference is Benetton really had no business winning WDCs whereas Red Bull absolutely was the best team on the grid by a significant margin during that period.

Vettel is if like Damon Hill won 94, 95, 96 and 97 with Williams and then moved to Ferrari and did gently caress all.

Also not that Vettel deserves any loving credit but Schumacher moved to Ferrari in 96 and it took him to 00 to finally win a championship. Winning with Ferrari is just loving hard and you generally have to be in the right place at the right time ala Scheckter and Raikkonen or be an extremely special talent to make it happen.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Drinks question: If Starbucks bought an F1 team, would it be more or less detestable than RedBull?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Starbucks is from Seattle so I think there’s no contest.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Drinks question: If Starbucks bought an F1 team, would it be more or less detestable than RedBull?

more

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidpoocati posted:

Starbucks is from Seattle so I think there’s no contest.

I eagerly await Portland's Grand Prix entrant, staffed entirely by a sex positive vegan polycule.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

RBR isnt a real team like Benetton was, dont troll this thread please.

1500quidpoocati posted:

I think the difference is Benetton really had no business winning WDCs whereas Red Bull absolutely was the best team on the grid by a significant margin during that period.

Vettel is if like Damon Hill won 94, 95, 96 and 97 with Williams and then moved to Ferrari and did gently caress all.

Also not that Vettel deserves any loving credit but Schumacher moved to Ferrari in 96 and it took him to 00 to finally win a championship. Winning with Ferrari is just loving hard and you generally have to be in the right place at the right time ala Scheckter and Raikkonen or be an extremely special talent to make it happen.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Isn't Benetton a clothing company, so it would be like Fruit of the Loom winning the F1 WDC

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Isn't Benetton a clothing company, so it would be like Fruit of the Loom winning the F1 WDC

Clothing was the legitimate front for an honest, hardworking Italian family

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/gen2-unpredictable-di-grassi-da-costa/4318399/

Lucas di Grassi continuing to have a 100% record on the worst loving takes/opinions on anything.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/gen2-unpredictable-di-grassi-da-costa/4318399/

Lucas di Grassi continuing to have a 100% record on the worst loving takes/opinions on anything.

I dont watch formula E. Also Hi Lucas

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hey.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-aPz29do5E

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

When you think about it, a new year is ultimately another step up the ladder towards another Ferrari WDC & WCC, whenever it comes.
Happy new year to the worst thread.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Khablam posted:

When you think about it, a new year is ultimately another step up the ladder towards another Ferrari WDC & WCC, whenever it comes.
Happy new year to the worst thread.

And here's hoping you step up your posting in 2019

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol, so Massa, Emerson Fittipaldi, and Lucas di Grassi and I think Rubens Barrichello all support Bolsonaro.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

lol, so Massa, Emerson Fittipaldi, and Lucas di Grassi and I think Rubens Barrichello all support Bolsonaro.

Di Grassi for sure does?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I bet lulu lemon would have grid girls

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im watching the 2000 Japanese Grand Prix. How are you spending the first year of 2019?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GramCracker posted:

I bet lulu lemon would have grid girls
Because lululemon supports women and doesn't throw models out on the street without a job which undermines independent women. #timesup Liberty Media, bring back grid girls

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Di Grassi for sure does?

Emerson was using his twitter account to get his followers to vote for Bolsonaro and right wing candidates.

Coincidentally there are no Brazilian F1 drivers for the first time in a long time loving owned

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
darrell eastlake seems like a nice dude

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DoctorGonzo posted:

darrell eastlake seems like a nice dude

Sadly he passed away last year from Alzheimers (which my dad suffers from)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ9Bqmzax4U

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats a shame

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/1079908261824995329

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Yes you made good use of your opportunity to be a WDC by driving flat out into a wall in Dallas Martin

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Fartin Bungle

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Statement from Michael Schumacher`s family on his 50th birthday

"We are very happy to celebrate Michael's 50th birthday tomorrow together with you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts that we can do this together. As a gift to him, you and us, Keep Fighting Foundation has created a virtual museum. The Official Michael Schumacher App will be released tomorrow, so that we can review all together Michael's successes. The app is another milestone in our effort to do justice to him and you, his fans, by celebrating his accomplishments. We wish you a lot of fun with it.
Michael can be proud of what he has achieved, and so are we! That's why we remember his successes with the Michael Schumacher Private Collection exhibition in Cologne, by publishing memories in social media and by continuing his charitable work through the Keep Fighting Foundation. We want to remember and celebrate his victories, his records and his jubilation.
You can be sure that he is in the very best of hands and that we are doing everything humanly possible to help him. Please understand if we are following Michael's wishes and keeping such a sensitive subject as health, as it has always been, in privacy. At the same time we say thank you very much for your friendship and wish you a healthy and happy year 2019.

#HAPPYBIRTHDAYMICHAEL #KEEPFIGHTINGMICHAEL #FORZAFERRARI

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 2, 2019

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That's a sweet poster

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

If the the official app is anything like Michael it’ll be devoid of content and updates

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
get the gently caress out of this thread

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Celebrate his jubilation

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The museum of stealing Damon Hill's WDC

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
#KeepDroolingMichael

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Looking forward to the entries of him ramming Damon, ramming Jacques and Rascasse 2006 along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

poty posted:

The museum of stealing Damon Hill's WDC

How fraudulent a driver do you have to be that the only way you can beat Damon Hill is to crash him out of a race? And then how fraudulent a driver do you have to be that the only way you can beat Jacques Villeneuve is to crash him out and then how fraudulent do you have to be to fail to crash Jacques Villeneuve out? Sad.